The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pilfering swarm and tentacle swarm got heavily nerfed (we're back to square one everyone)

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

18 minutes ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

It seems that everyone is curving the topic.

I mean, yes.

All I want is for tentacle swarm to deal damage to enemies that aren't picked up...for the "hey need to be killed by the tentacles to drop additional loot."  to work.

they keep derailing the post into a generalized topic about how whiny the community is, and how this and that should be...forgetting the simple fact that the devs overtuned the ability...is it wrong to report it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

is it wrong to report it?

I don't think it is. It's great that you noticed another buggy thing for Tentacle Swarm. Everyone just has to remember that the developers made no statement on if they wanted Tentacle Swarm to change it's looting capabilities so drastically like this as (PSN)Hopper_Orouk pointed out.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I mean, yes.

All I want is for tentacle swarm to deal damage to enemies that aren't picked up...for the "hey need to be killed by the tentacles to drop additional loot."  to work.

they keep derailing the post into a generalized topic about how whiny the community is, and how this and that should be...forgetting the simple fact that the devs overtuned the ability...is it wrong to report it?

• Enemies held by Pilfering Swarm tentacles and killed by any sources have a chance to drop additional loot.
    • If the enemies are unabled to be picked up by the tentacles (e.g. enemies affected by Petrify130xWhite.png  Petrify or immune to crowd control), they need to be killed by the tentacles to drop additional loot.

ALL sources of damage.  Not just killed by tentacles.  The fact that you did not include that first line from the wiki is odd at best.

Also, for abilities that are similar,  you do realize they also don't deal continuous damage without some outside sources for the most part, correct?

Strangledome, Tornado, Nezha's spears, Cataclysm, etc all need outside sources of damage to further their use outside of their original application.

The only one I'm not sure of is Yareli, because Yareli.

Also, no one is derailing your thread.  The subject matter has not changed.

Edited by (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz
Spelling
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz said:
  • Enemies held by Pilfering Swarm tentacles and killed by any sources have a chance to drop additional loot.
    • If the enemies are unabled to be picked up by the tentacles (e.g. enemies affected by Petrify130xWhite.png  Petrify or immune to crowd control), they need to be killed by the tentacles to drop additional loot.

ALL sources of damage.  Not just killed by tentacles.  The fact that you did not include that first line from the wiki is odd at best.

Also, for abilities that are similar,  you do realize they also don't deal damage without some outside sources for the most part, correct?

Strangledome, Tornado, Nezha's spears, Cataclysm, etc all need outside sources of damage to further their use outside of their original application.

Wait hold on, what did you type here? It's kind of confusing to me since you are basically saying how the ability should be acting.

Hopper_Orouk is stating that the tentacles DO have to kill for the enemies to drop extra loot. Which is undesirable.

The Warframe abilities that you stated here only enhances that fact which is strange to me. Again, I'm kind of confused what you are stating here.

7 minutes ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

Wait hold on, what did you type here? It's kind of confusing to me since you are basically saying how the ability should be acting.

Hopper_Orouk is stating that the tentacles DO have to kill for the enemies to drop extra loot. Which is undesirable.

The Warframe abilities that you stated here only enhances that fact which is strange to me. Again, I'm kind of confused what you are stating here.

The first line clearly states that enemies held by TS and killed by any sources of damage increase the chances of additional loot, not just the tentacles. 

The OP has been going on about just the tentacles needing to kill in order to proc PS, which is demonstrably false. 

All I did was pull the entire quote from the wiki, which is again oddly absent from the original post.

Edited by (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz
Grammar

8 minutes ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

What? You want enemy that just touch by the tentacles to drop extra loot? When that ever happen? Even Nekros the OG plunder need the enemy to be kill.

The Wiki just said that enemy that held by tentacle will drop extra loot if it's kill wether by the tentacle or any source (allies damaging them). Just like any other drop.

Edited by BroDutt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz said:

The OP has been going on about just the tentacles needing to kill in order to proc PS, which is demonstrably false. 

8 minutes ago, BroDutt said:

What? You want enemy that just touch by the tentacles to drop extra loot? When that ever happen? Even Nekros the OG plunder need the enemy to be kill.

The Wiki just said that enemy that held by tentacle will drop extra loot if it's kill wether by the tentacle or any source (allies damaging them). Just like any other drop.

Well, it is like that now. Have you played Hydroid recently? I went in-game on this patch and tried Pilfering Swarm and I can confirm it's just as Hopper_Orouk says. I'm not getting any extra loot when I kill enemies held by the tentacles, but I do get extra loot from the tentacles killing the enemies.

Try it yourself, and confirm though, since it could be something client-side? I'm not too sure. But if me and several others are noticing this as well as other bugs with the current Tentacle Swarm, something is wrong.

Edited by Turritopsis_Dohrnii
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

Well, it is like that now. Have you played Hydroid recently? I went in-game on this patch and tried Pilfering Swarm and I can confirm it's just as Hopper_Orouk says. I'm not getting any extra loot when I kill enemies held by the tentacles, but I do get extra loot from the tentacles killing the enemies.

Actually I have.  I've even been farming in SP Kuva survival just for this particular setup (Still prefer Khora).

The reason I can tell is because in SP the tentacles aren't killing anything but time.  I enjoy the fact that Hydroid can be used as a synergy frame (amongst other things) as opposed to that mess he was before.

So unless my Sporelacer primary drops additional loot somehow, it's definitely working.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz said:

Actually I have.  I've even been farming in SP Kuva survival just for this particular setup (Still prefer Khora).

The reason I can tell is because in SP the tentacles aren't killing anything but time.  I enjoy the fact that Hydroid can be used as a synergy frame (amongst other things) as opposed to that mess he was before.

So unless my Sporelacer primary drops additional loot somehow, it's definitely working.

Oh, that's good to know it works in some ways and other ways, not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz said:

That is not what I'm talking about, that's the normal function of the ability, they still have to be held. you're not getting me at all. and missing the entire point of the thread.

stop accusing me of stuff I didn't do or say and read my thread again, please.

2 hours ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

not in all cases, it is stated that if the enemies cannot be held, they have to get killed by the tentacles to drop the loot, which doesn't work because the tentacles don't do anything other than carrying people.

and also ruins the chance for an Ore gaze + pilfering swarm combo, it can still be done but it's extremely buggy.

the thread is not talking about the main function of the ability, it's alright.

it's talking about the fact that half the enemies in the game can't be held, and that some perks like extra loot drop from vicinity is gone.

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz said:

Also, for abilities that are similar,  you do realize they also don't deal continuous damage without some outside sources for the most part, correct?

explain what you mean by not sure about Yareli and I can clear it up for you 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

Undertow was garbage. Period. Every single person who's been whining about this is wrong.

This. I've seen some people with founders PFPs try to claim it had some sort of edge case that made it SP viable, but clearly DE didn't want to balance for that and considered an ability gets stronger as you AFK was just not going to fit in the game any longer and it was time to just excuse it wholesale

Now as for the point of this thread...

12 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ahh, I think the problem is that we have other Looting abilities where the enemy actually does only have to be 'affected' by them, and any method of killing them while they're 'affected' is enough to drop the extra loot.

Pilfering Swarm has always had this on-again-off-again problem where enemies actually have to be killed by Tentacle Swarm itself in order to trigger the loot drop. Now that the ability has been changed to not specifically damage enemies around it, only ones it's holding, that's a bit difficult for the ability.

13 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Personally, I think it's fine.  This gives Pilfering Swarm parity with Pilfering Strangledome (it also doesn't give loot to enemies not CC'd by it), and Pilfering Swarm still comes out as the victor because it has a 100% chance of loot as opposed to Strangledome's 65%.

Both Tentacles and Strangledome spawn in a fixed circle, yes? Let me check... yeah Tentacles spawn within 15 meters of the "marked location." What I think they should do is have the Pilfering augments apply to any enemy in that circle. That way we don't have to worry about stupid caveats like "only enemies whose killing blow came from a tentacle/done proc" and gives the player a fun challenge during combat: kill the Eximus before it escapes the circle

On 2023-10-31 at 2:16 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

This is the type of rework that despite our complaints will be swept under the carpet and never be touched again.

Same with Ember and Wukong.

The say they don't make large reworks anymore because people don't tocuh the frame anyway, but have they ever wondered if their rework ideas are actually terrible?

This is decade of Hydroid feedback threads completely wasted.

Again, that's a hard disagreement from me...and it looks like I'm not alone in this. Hydroid went from meme to monster, there's no arguing this at all. I mean, he kills FAST and his damage hits wide. Even his 1 creates safe zones that can lock down entry points, help to better secure objectives and he's now a tank that simultaneously debuffs enemies. I simply am not finding the "terrible" anywhere...at all. 

Honestly, I just can't thank Pablo enough for giving us a powerhouse with great build diversity and is now one of the best all around frames. Personally, I just can't get over just how good his kit is now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Again, that's a hard disagreement from me...and it looks like I'm not alone in this. Hydroid went from meme to monster, there's no arguing this at all. I mean, he kills FAST and his damage hits wide. Even his 1 creates safe zones that can lock down entry points, help to better secure objectives and he's now a tank that simultaneously debuffs enemies. I simply am not finding the "terrible" anywhere...at all. 

Honestly, I just can't thank Pablo enough for giving us a powerhouse with great build diversity and is now one of the best all around frames. Personally, I just can't get over just how good his kit is now. 

I appreciate it and believe me I am grateful for Pablo as well and he is good don't get me wrong.

But I expected the elements that DID work to stay intact.

Imagine Pablo reworking Volt by removing his electric shield...is basically my side of the argument.

• Like 1

hace 10 minutos, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk dijo:

I appreciate it and believe me I am grateful for Pablo as well and he is good don't get me wrong.

But I expected the elements that DID work to stay intact.

Imagine Pablo reworking Volt by removing his electric shield...is basically my side of the argument.

main volt here.
If they took away my electric shield... it depends, if they give me a skill that is better defense in exchange for losing the damage increase I would be willing to accept it, even more so if they add armor stripping and rework their horrible first skill.

On 2023-11-01 at 5:12 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Why rework tentacle swarm? Why fix things that wasn't broken? All you had to do is change it's damage type and call it a day, maybe even divide the tentacles to having 10 pick up enemies and 10 slap them...it just shows the lack of creativity and patience.

Tentacle Swarm was 100% broken in a bad way. Honestly I am happy it got a rework. I'd even have [DE]ncent scrapped this ability for good if the other option was keeping it as broken as it was.

1 minute ago, Zabyr said:

We wouldn't cry

Are you implying you ignored the

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

There is always the future where the original abilities could be fixed and returned and you want to complain about now?

To "get back"/ one up me

The point is creativity and solutions are always available

We just need to find them

9 минут назад, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 сказал:

Are you implying you ignored the

To "get back"/ one up me

The point is creativity and solutions are always available

We just need to find them

I have dyslexia, I didn't notice.
Firstly, there will be no return to the old Hydroid while Pablo occupies the chair of Design Director.
Secondly, Hydroid fans are not just complaining, but expressing their dissatisfied opinion, because our beloved Water Warframe was turned into anyone, but not Hydroid. This is considering that there were dozens of normal reworks of Hydroid, from the community, without turning him into Nezhu-Hildryn.

• Like 2

On 2023-10-31 at 3:03 PM, Leqesai said:

When pablo showed off the new powers I didn't like the ult. The tentacles are more or less nezha spears sticking out of the ground. They don't move around whatsoever. It's really a pity. The visuals on plunder are also pretty bad (nonexistant). Functionally it works okay but this update really was a nerf on hydroids animations/aesthetics if nothing else.

The animations were reduced precisely so that the enemies can be hit when caught by the tentacles, for me it is infinitely better now.