Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time to delete the Lone Story

NorthernDarkIceSoul

Hi,

The first time I played Duviri was on the day it came out, and unfortunately it was so buggy that I was unable to play. I decided to take a break and do Duviri later when it's fixed. Now I returned to find that I am unable to get the new Incarnon weapons, because I have to do the Lone Story again to be able to access the Circuit on the Steel Path.

I understand that you put a lot of effort into the Lone Story, and it's a shame that it has to go to waste. However, as a player I am very frustrated, because, unfortunately, the reality is that the Lone Sory is not fun, boring, and annoying. And while I understand that you really did put a lot of effort into the Lone Story, I believe that it's better for it to go, because all it does is cause frustration for players.

I also understand that sometimes it might seem that players are just crybabies, and you shouldn't listen to them, but as I player I can assure you that what we hate the most is when you make us do boring missions as a requirement for the content we want, and the Lone story is exactly this. Please understand that the presence of the Lone Story does not benefit Warframe in any way, and even makes it worse.

Additionally, I would like to thank Pizza-Bagel01 for carrying me through the Lone Story while I was typing this, it took us 35 minutes.

Thank you for cooperation and I am really looking forward to having the Lone Story removed from the game.

I'm not sure what kind of point the removal of the Lone Story would achieve ?

If you don't want to do it, ... don't do it ?

Otherwise, please, feel free to declare the full list of node that you, yourself, personally don't enjoy and we can hope together that DE removes all this useless noise that's troubling you.

--

All in all, Lone Story exists for a reason : people who want to farm Clamps. If you remove it, you'll be left with only The Duviri Experience to farm Clamps, which 1) is the same as Lone Story with additional stuff to do (why would you enjoy this more ???) ; 2) would screw over people grinding intrinsics, owl or whatever else in Duviri Experience (as many people will join & rush objectives, disrupting their gameplay).

• Like 10

"i dont like this thing so it should be removed from the game"

personally, i really like the lone story and i think it should be mandatory to play at least a full run-through of it before you can access the rest of the game every time you log in. 

Spoiler

sarcasm obviously. 

• Like 5

Absolutely not.  

Lone story has a very good purpose, to kill the Orowrym to get pathos clamps, which you need to apply the adapters to weapons. It is putting guard rails on Duviri, it keeps everyone focused on doing a main objective. 

It should not have taken 35 mins to do the Lone Story, if everyone was actually helping or trying to work together.

Duviri steel path works the same as the rest, you need to do the base versions of the "nodes" first to unlock it, apart from when things bugged out a bit at the start this is how it is intend to work.  You only have to do the lone story once to get SP and you did it now you can ignore it until you realize that getting clamps is much easier in Lone Story since you can go with randoms and they will stay mostly focused on the main task 

3 hours ago, Nordia said:

I also understand that sometimes it might seem that players are just crybabies, and you shouldn't listen to them,

Should probably grab a mirror. 

• Like 3

what problem does this 'Gamemode' have, and how would the game get better by removing its existence?
my answers to these Questions are "nothing in particular", and "it wouldn't in any way".

if Lone Story is.....uh, 'a problem' in some way - though you haven't actually said what the problem is so i don't know what you're actually Talking about, wouldn't that make Duviri Experience also 'a problem' in the same ways? Duviri Experience is the same thing but with optional "sidequests" added. the main/core part of it is still the same thing, so apparently that's also unplayable, by your vague description.

• Like 1

For people who are confused why OP asked for this, I believe this bit right here is the main issue:

On 2023-11-14 at 6:35 PM, Nordia said:

Now I returned to find that I am unable to get the new Incarnon weapons, because I have to do the Lone Story again to be able to access the Circuit on the Steel Path.

As for the answer, tough luck. DE have decided that to access Steel Path, you need to complete all normal nodes, much like the original star chart. They won't just remove a node because you personally don't like it.

Though since you already have it done (with your friend's help), it shouldn't be any problem to you anymore, right?

• Like 2

Absolutely not. Lone Story is essential for Pathos Clamp farming, as several have already said.

If I forced into the Duviri Experience to get pathos clamps, then I'll miserable waiting an eternity for everyone else to finish their sidequests or they'll be miserable as I try to force an early end.

I was confused why there were two at first too, but the Duviri Experience is for people who want take their time and Lone Story is for people who have done that and just need clamps.

• Like 3

It is a bit dumb that Lone story is a requirement to unlock steel path Duviri when it's literally Just a skeletonized version of the Duviri experience.

But then that should be your complaint. Not removing it. It exists for a reason.

That said, you only ever need to run it once. It's barely an inconvenience. Especially compared to unlocking starchart steel path.

Edited by PollexMessier