Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Hotfixing paused until Whispers in the Walls

[DE]Sam

Howdy, Tenno!

The Whispers grow louder. As we put our heads down and continue developing the Whispers in the Walls Update, Hotfixing will be paused as we prepare the next narrative chapter of Warframe. 

However, this won’t be the last time you hear from us — Devstream #175 is coming soon! You’ll receive a fresh look and a breakdown of our work thus far at https://www.twitch.tv/warframe on Friday, November 24th, at 2 p.m. ET.  

As you uncover this long-lurking threat, Tenno will discover a brand-new Entrati tileset, discovering the encroaching threat amidst Albrecht Entrati’s laboratories. Ramping up the next chapter of Warframe’s Narrative future, this new cinematic quest will see how we’ll confront the Void and its horrors. 

Additionally, Operation: Gargoyle’s Cry will launch shortly after the release of Whispers in the Walls. You’ll have to wait until Devstream #175 on November 24th at 2 p.m. ET for a closer look.

Of course, day-to-day operations continue as expected, especially as we collect feedback, bug reports, and everything in-between from you!

And while we go dark on this end, we’re still bright at these points:

We’re excited to get Whispers in the Walls into your hands, Tenno. Read up on the Devstream #175 announcement here, and we’ll see you there! Thank you for your patience as we buckle down!

• Like 17

REEEEEE now we have to wait even longer for the text box moving bug to get fixed. That is going to be annoying to deal with. Has that been one of the bugs that has been collected yet? It was only "officially" confirmed via a title change by @[DE]Saske yet no official comment on the matter it despite being here for over 20 hotfixes and a cert update.

18 minutes ago, [DE]Sam said:

Additionally, Operation: Gargoyle’s Cry will launch shortly after the release of Whispers in the Walls. You’ll have to wait until Devstream #175 on November 24th at 2 p.m. ET for a closer look.

Wait shortly after? I was expecting the operation to be a early 2024 situation like in February or March. This massively increases the time-frame since we know cross-save is planned to be coming in 2023 which is included in that next major update to be released that means the next operation could be coming as soon as December if by shortly after means within the next week or two after launch. At which point the prices of the affected arcanes will plummet to the ground since it is an operation so it will contain the traditional arcanes as one of the rewards.

Edited by Numerounius
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Numerounius said:

At which point the prices of the affected arcanes will plummet to the ground since it is an operation so it will contain the traditional arcanes as one of the rewards.

Only 2 Operations in the 10 year history of the game has had those arcanes as a reward. It's not a guarantee. I'm hoping we finally see a worthy Wraith or Vandal as a reward like Sobek or something.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 7

Any progress on getting regular player test clusters again?  Reb said last year it's something yall still wanted to do, even though the logistics were complicated by crossplay.

The thing is, crossplay has made it a bigger deal.  It's just...depressing having major bugs that can only be addressed through code changes active for 6-10 weeks, and sometimes longer.  I know a test cluster won't address all of these problems, but if you have time to prioritize and act on some of the feedback, I feel like it would cut the problems down significantly. 

• Like 3

My sugestion on a topic that should be discussed is cross trade.

I say this because cross trade is in part a community made term, it's something we assume to come the moment cross play was being prepared. I keep seeing users stating that cross trade will come and whatnot, even expecting it to happen, a certainty if you wish.

Each day more and more users still firmly believe it's comming.

Adressing this to bring down the expectations a litle bit would be ideal, as some users are literally waiting for this annoucement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Numerounius said:

REEEEEE now we have to wait even longer for the text box moving bug to get fixed. That is going to be annoying to deal with. Has that been one of the bugs that has been collected yet? It was only "officially" confirmed via a title change by @[DE]Saske yet no official comment on the matter it despite being here for over 20 hotfixes and a cert update.

I've been trying to get this fixed in most updates but no one even acknowledges it, it's been happening since June. It's such an annoying bug, but doesn't happen all the time which makes it even worse.

• Like 1

So like...

Can we make the damn Auto-Melee a toggle?

I don't even know why it's not toggleable to begin with, but it drives me nuts.
I end up making inputs I don't want because of it, it's ridiculous.

Like, sure. It's cool for all those people who such sore, sore wrists to the point where it becomes a requirement.
... but not all of us benefit from these hasty choices.

Putting it here because clearly asking for one in a timely manner is off the table, so hopefully you can reflect upon it this way!
Yeah, I know it ain't happening, that'd be TOO easy... but best to have an effort at all, hm?

• Like 2

On 2023-11-15 at 11:22 AM, Numerounius said:

Wait shortly after? I was expecting the operation to be a early 2024 situation like in February or March. This massively increases the time-frame since we know cross-save is planned to be coming in 2023 which is included in that next major update to be released that means the next operation could be coming as soon as December if by shortly after means within the next week or two after launch. At which point the prices of the affected arcanes will plummet to the ground since it is an operation so it will contain the traditional arcanes as one of the rewards.

Edited by Kanad1anKron1k
  • Like 1

On 2023-11-19 at 3:42 PM, Kanad1anKron1k said:

He really thinks DE and Warframe revolve around his expectations lmao

A lot of players here have the same mindset, they think everything that DE does has to cater to their wants and their expectations, if not they throw a hissy fit like the overgrown children that they are. 

On 2023-11-15 at 10:26 AM, KIREEK said:

My sugestion on a topic that should be discussed is cross trade.

I say this because cross trade is in part a community made term, it's something we assume to come the moment cross play was being prepared. I keep seeing users stating that cross trade will come and whatnot, even expecting it to happen, a certainty if you wish.

Each day more and more users still firmly believe it's comming.

Adressing this to bring down the expectations a litle bit would be ideal, as some users are literally waiting for this annoucement.

DE has confirmed cross trade now, it will be a reality with WITW. Shame your comment aged so poorly. 

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)AchilDeed said:

A lot of players here have the same mindset, they think everything that DE does has to cater to their wants and their expectations, if not they throw a hissy fit like the overgrown children that they are. 

DE has confirmed cross trade now, it will be a reality with WITW. Shame your comment aged so poorly. 

Did it? Been saying for ages that tennogen was an issue to implement with cross trade, it was something incompatible with cross trade and even DE employees stated that cross trade wasn't comming, not because they didn't want to, but because there was numerours hurdles to overcome.

Let us hear from you what happened with tennogen. Do you have a topic, a faq you can link regarding it?

Remember, my information was based on DE statements and general understanding on where the exploits would be, it's no suprise the cross platform tennogen ended the moment they anounced it on the devstream, meaning cross trade being actually implemented (a community term) was just sheer dumb luck, nothing pointed in that direction.

Edited by KIREEK

Dang it, now I got to wait until Whispers in the Walls for a chance of Garuda’s seeking talons getting fixed

Please fix it DE! I reported it on bug forums (along with other people) in the specified format. It’s just a matter of waiting 🙏

• Like 1

On 2023-11-27 at 1:45 AM, KIREEK said:

Did it? Been saying for ages that tennogen was an issue to implement with cross trade, it was something incompatible with cross trade and even DE employees stated that cross trade wasn't comming, not because they didn't want to, but because there was numerours hurdles to overcome.

Let us hear from you what happened with tennogen. Do you have a topic, a faq you can link regarding it?

Remember, my information was based on DE statements and general understanding on where the exploits would be, it's no suprise the cross platform tennogen ended the moment they anounced it on the devstream, meaning cross trade being actually implemented (a community term) was just sheer dumb luck, nothing pointed in that direction.

I didn't say anything of Tennogen in my original comment, and I don't think that had much to do with cross trade, so no comment there. A statement of personal belief on a topic on a Spanish stream does not equate to official statement of DE. The same goes for any comment made for Tennogen before the devstream, it's all speculation or personal opinions. What we have now are concrete statements from DE on what will actually happen. 

And no cross trade being implemented was no feat of sheer luck. It was planned and looked into by DE for a long while since it involved significant changes to the networking infrastructure along with cross save. DE just didn't want to overpromise and underdeliver, there was no chance that cross trade just happened by some whimsical chance. 

Regardless cross trade being a reality is set in stone and it will happen regardless of how much some people will cry about it. The market is long overdue for a reset anyway, and it will reach equilibrium and at the end it will be better for all of us.