Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I really like railjack

Lycansoul

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Easy mode?

Easier in the sense where you don’t even have to think about your railjack survival, you got crewman for that. Believe me, when railjack first came out (outside of the bugs) I struggled with ever keeping this thing alive. Not to mention the other crewmate with aimbot. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Easier in the sense where you don’t even have to think about your railjack survival, you got crewman for that.

Crewmen were available since i started playing WF (only 18 months ago). So I still don't understand what you're saying.

In the history of my RJ I think I lost it twice, both due to bugs where the midship doors would not open and therefore if my crew was down and could not reach the issue to fix (hull breach) I was done for. But I've run so many hundreds of RJ missions this is a very very low fail %. I run solo quite a bit as well. I'd say 50% of the time I am solo. In fact the 4 I did this AM were solo missions all back to back as a single sortie. No issues. 

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Crewmen were available since i started playing WF (only 18 months ago). So I still don't understand what you're saying.

In the history of my RJ I think I lost it twice, both due to bugs where the midship doors would not open and therefore if my crew was down and could not reach the issue to fix (hull breach) I was done for. But I've run so many hundreds of RJ missions this is a very very low fail %. I run solo quite a bit as well. I'd say 50% of the time I am solo. In fact the 4 I did this AM were solo missions all back to back as a single sortie. No issues. 

Before the Call of the Tempesari (around April/May 2021, I think) we had to suffer through railjack management. Railjack crew never existed before then. 
Edit: Railjack came out in around 2018 for context

Edited by Malikili
Clarification

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Easy mode?

We never had a crew and the enemies hit like a train when it first came out, now I can just sit there while being pounded by crew ships in the Veil. 

1 hour ago, Malikili said:

Easier in the sense where you don’t even have to think about your railjack survival, you got crewman for that. Believe me, when railjack first came out (outside of the bugs) I struggled with ever keeping this thing alive. Not to mention the other crewmate with aimbot. 

It was a challenge Solo back then but not too bad if you had a flying fortress/tank.

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

A lot of us have been playing Railjack since it was released, it's a lot different now than back then, but still fun though, can't beat the feeling of flying around in space.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

It was a challenge Solo back then but not too bad if you had a flying fortress/tank.

Yea always soloed, so before I could make it tanky it would constantly get destroyed, good thing it’s over now 

7 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

A lot of us have been playing Railjack since it was released, it's a lot different now than back then, but still fun though, can't beat the feeling of flying around in space.

Completely agree, maybe some day they’ll have missions in railjack that isn’t simply a taxi… someday…

I still think Railjack is just a waste of resources, and every single time I hear people bat for it it's always "Its a breath of fresh air form Warframe." And I just scratch my head and tell them to just...

Play another game, if THAT'S the appeal of Railjack.

"Yeah I like the new expansion to the game, because it's a completely different gameplay system to what we've been building for the past X years."

It's just baffling to me.

And that's BEFORE the issue that Railjack objectives are just Friendship Doors but bigger and larger.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

I still think Railjack is just a waste of resources, and every single time I hear people bat for it it's always "Its a breath of fresh air form Warframe." And I just scratch my head and tell them to just...

Play another game, if THAT'S the appeal of Railjack.

"Yeah I like the new expansion to the game, because it's a completely different gameplay system to what we've been building for the past X years."

It's just baffling to me.

And that's BEFORE the issue that Railjack objectives are just Friendship Doors but bigger and larger.

I shall introduce you to a comment I made a while ago 

You know I never really understood that statement

”Try another game,” “If you don’t like it, play another game”

Warframe seems to be a game where you can pick and choose what you want to do

For example, I personally hate Duviri because of the random load out, but others love it. Just because I hate Duviri, do I just play another game? No, I just play a railjack (which I love). 
Really the only time I can see people say “This game isn’t for you,” is when some person complains about farming (not even the absurd farming, just farming in general). Even then though, you can have fun without farming.

If you want to play Warframe… Warframe’s got you with different things. It’s the variety that matters. People get bored of the same things, railjack is a fresh flavor compared to normal Star chart.

• Like 2

Like look at this, this is probably the best and most 'polish' Railjack will eve the, it's the way it's intended to be.

And one of the player is stuck in a turret section for the entirety of the time the other player gets to play the rest of the game.

Imagine being stuck on a Grineer Turret while other players are playing the rest of the game.

2 minutes ago, Malikili said:

I shall introduce you to a comment I made a while ago 

If you want to play Warframe… Warframe’s got you with different things. It’s the variety that matters. People get bored of the same things, railjack is a fresh flavor compared to normal Star chart.

You're not proving my point wrong, if you're THAT bored of Warframe, just play something else.

If you're so bored of Warframe that a complete content island that has zero actual replay value besides resource farming, even then it's not exactly the best and has issues where farming resources there can make things take LONGER, makes you enjoy Warframe again that's a sign you can just... Play something else.

Everytime the go to defense for Railjack is "It's not Warframe!" And everytime I'm baffled because, you don't see people get excited when FF14 or Overwatch or whatever love service game gets a huge update and the selling point it "it's nothing like the game before, in fact you'll enjoy it more if you're sick of the game you're playing this right now."

4 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

You're not proving my point wrong, if you're THAT bored of Warframe, just play something else.

Wasn’t planning on proving you wrong

You just seemed confused, so I gave an explanation to try and help. Of course if it didn’t work, well guess I suck at explaining things. 

If you're so bored of Warframe that a complete content island that has zero actual replay value besides resource farming, even then it's not exactly the best and has issues where farming resources there can make things take LONGER, makes you enjoy Warframe again that's a sign you can just... Play something else.

Maybe… read my post again? You can bored on one aspect, but warframe has multiple aspects… which is what I was trying to point out. I guess I really do just suck at explaining things. 

Plus the next thing you added does prove my point in the way where new things that are different add a special flavor. Much like with cooking soup, throwing in something new to spice it up. I got soup on the mind from a previous post, bear with me. 

Everytime the go to defense for Railjack is "It's not Warframe!" And everytime I'm baffled because, you don't see people get excited when FF14 or Overwatch or whatever love service game gets a huge update and the selling point it "it's nothing like the game before, in fact you'll enjoy it more if you're sick of the game you're playing this right now."

6 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

eve the

Also figured you meant “ever be” but the “eve” you threw in there actually works ngl

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malikili said:

warframe has multiple aspects

So what's the aspect of Railjack, just sitting in a turret section? Because that's what the big Railjack ship is, a big boring turret section where you you occasionally have to go into another turret section to slowly charge an attack to destroy a crewship?

It doesn't even help that Railjack is just, a completely different gamemode that doesn't actually add anything. You see in a weird harness to do a turret section, that's all.

And even when it was 'More In Depth', congrats you decided to add in the only place where you have to micro manage everything, whereas the rest of the game doesn't. Why have a completely different gameplay experience that you'll never ever do outside of it, and be proud of that? No idea, but that's probably why Hijack is so popular huh?

11 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Plus the next thing you added does prove my point in the way where new things that are different add a special flavor

Like imagine if Hitman suddenly had a big update where it's just a FPS shooter mode and people say "Hey that's not at all what the hitman game is built around" and the defense is "But it's a special flavour!!!!"

1 hour ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

So what's the aspect of Railjack, just sitting in a turret section? Because that's what the big Railjack ship is, a big boring turret section where you you occasionally have to go into another turret section to slowly charge an attack to destroy a crewship?

It doesn't even help that Railjack is just, a completely different gamemode that doesn't actually add anything. You see in a weird harness to do a turret section, that's all.

And even when it was 'More In Depth', congrats you decided to add in the only place where you have to micro manage everything, whereas the rest of the game doesn't. Why have a completely different gameplay experience that you'll never ever do outside of it, and be proud of that? No idea, but that's probably why Hijack is so popular huh?

Ohhh, so I did explain it well. You just refuse to see my reasoning. Ok phew, there’s still some redemption in my explanation.
I would say the aspect of railjack is the “Star Wars” feel, when you fly around in a ship, board and hijack other ships and become a pirate in space. Another aspect could be taking care of the ship. The roles in railjack are important and push team play. My sister likes being the engineer, while my friend enjoys being the pilot. I personally like hijacking other ships and making them into our own personal “fleet.” 
Micro managing? Well I do like micro managing, so I guess I added that without saying. Granted the only micromanaging I can see is repairing it, and checking health, but that becomes obsolete when you have a crewman. 
Well if we’re talking about completely different game modes… I can name many if not literally every single thing in Warframe that can fit under that. Railjack is no different. The only thing they have in common, is that they are in Warframe, and actually have Warframes. (With the exception of Duviri, but screw Duviri) 

Edit: Didn’t see your example about the hitman, but riddle me this: What is  Warframe built around? 

Edited by Malikili
Didn’t see that
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

I dont know why ur still only working with players we already have. PVP lovers are NOT in warframe right now, and if there was PVP they would come and join. Secondly, you can very easily have PVE and PVP in the same game, theres literally no problem doing that. The only thing is whether the devs want to do it or not, and Im sure they dont.

Ya know what, believe what you want.

I'm done trying to argue with PvP lovers. Y'all never listen to reason.

If you believe the only problem here is the Devs being lazy, that's your choice. Have fun with the other 2 people who actually care about PvP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

Ya know what, believe what you want.

I'm done trying to argue with PvP lovers. Y'all never listen to reason.

If you believe the only problem here is the Devs being lazy, that's your choice. Have fun with the other 2 people who actually care about PvP.

Rofl, triggered much? Why so much hate all of sudden? First of all, Im not a PVP lover, quite the contrary, I always play PVE even in DayZ and any other game with "lose everything when you die". Secondly, I never said the devs were lazy. I said the devs dont allocate resources towards PVP, and that is true, argue all you want. Its only you whos saying that the reason for them not allocating any resources to PVP is laziness. I said, and I will say it again, they choose not to allocate the resources because they want this game more PVE oriented and my guess is that the reason for this is that the PVE is already working very nicely, so why bother with PVP. They just add more PVE content instead of PVP and thats alright. If they changed their attitude tho, PVP could totally work in Warframe, no problem. Just like any other game on the planet. Making a PVP mode in a PVE game is all about adding anti-cheat (which costs a lot) and tweaking items and skills. Thats literally all there is to it.

The only question is, should the devs change their attitude? Thats a question the devs need to answer and a question the players need to answer (players in general, not only current Warframe players).

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

I also really enjoy RJ. My biggest pet peeve is that there's zero tutorial on the basics of it, like what the Forge it, what Revolite is, what different parts of the RJ contributes to, etc. I think it would've been better if DE made the "Rising Tide" quest as Railjack's equivalent of Vor's Prize, where it simply walks you through the basics of RJ rather than yet another mindless Excavation questline.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

If you believe the problem is not DE, then please tell me when was the last time that PvP got an actual update?

• Like 1

Had to do 8x RJ missions for railjack.

When I didn't get pulled out of them for trades (because the mission length is too long to be compatible with the current trading system) I was losing missions to bugs (fighters stopped spawning before the quota was reached).

No thanks.

7 hours ago, Malikili said:

Another aspect could be taking care of the ship. The roles in railjack are important and push team play

As a guy who at one point was stuck being the 'Engineer' for several public missions straight, and then the one time I didn't and it failed the mission, that's not a good aspect. In fact the whole 'teamwork' of Railjack is probably the worst aspect because what it essentially becomes is that everything in the game is a Friendship Door and your on a Sortie Spy mission where if one guy doesn't decide to fix the ship, the whole mission fail.

Which also happened.

would say the aspect of railjack is the “Star Wars” feel, when you fly around in a ship, board and hijack other ships and become a pirate in space

Cool, just the 'feel'

Hey wanna see back the gameplay where one player is stuck on a S#&$ty turret section for the whole mission while another guy gets to play Warframe, that's the best Railjack will ever look, even then it was all pre-made animations.

I can name many if not literally every single thing in Warframe that can fit under that. Railjack is no different

Sure name them, and then we can see how many of them are barely tolerated by the community and Devs by large by how little attention is given to them.

'whisper'

Let me guess you were gonna say Orphix weren't you?

16小时前 , Slayer-. 说:

We never had a crew and the enemies hit like a train when it first came out, now I can just sit there while being pounded by crew ships in the Veil. 

As an enthusiast of RJ, here are some brief context for those who joined after Call of the Tempesari

1. The initial release of RJ (let's call it RJ 1.0) is a total failure. There are 4 intrinsic (no crewmate). The turrets are on the side of the ship. Mod system speaks a completely different language without any additional benefit (dirac). There is no tutorial. 99% of clueless players would begin their RJ mission, engage level 10 grineer fighters, got hit and the ship is on fire, leave the turret and try to repair the ship. The grinner use your ship for target practice. Your ship is on catastrophic failure countdown. You run out of repair resources because you are not killing grineer (you are repairing). Your ship exploded and cephalon Cy called you a moron. All these happen in less than 3 minutes and you are back to the drydock. The only way to play solo is to park your ship at the far end of the universe and kill stuff in your archwing.

2. Update 29.10. Railjack 2.0. No more dirac and stuff. Everything streamlined. What you gained in RJ is useful in regular starchart. Crewmate introduced. RJ finally becomes solo-able. Crewmate still cannot reliably destroy radiators, solo skirmish is possible, but a bit troublesome.

3. In the same update DE also made one of the biggest mistake in RJ, that is corpus jack. You see, when RJ 1.0 was made, people said the game mode was not enough "warframe". They wanted more "warframe" contents added to the railjack. DE listened ad verbum without knowing that the community did not actually understand what they wanted. Corpus jack is very "warframe", you literally have spy, exterminate, defense and survival, and people hated it. People called it taxijack, boring, lazy, whatever. 

After this stage RJ was effectively abandoned by DE. The only relevant update was moving Lich/Sister to RJ, and that's the sole reason why Lich/Sister gained damage attenuation because RJ = Necramech = Arquebex. Also crewmate can reliably destroy radiators, which is nice.

DE certainly remember RJ, but I believe they were extremely cautious about adding more contents to the RJ starchart i.e. infested or sentient jack, because of the failure of corpus jack. That's fair, because it takes certain effort to truly understand what contents are the best for the community - People asked for more warframe contents. DE added warframe contents, and people hate them. No one ask for Void Cascade or the Zariman game flow, and people love them. 

On 2023-11-19 at 10:18 AM, o0Despair0o said:

That said, I really like RJ. What I don't like however is the forced on-foot sections. I came here to fly my ship, so let me fly my damn ship. If I wanted a normal on-foot mission I would have played one.

That's why I always preferred that one node in Veil Proxima, because it had no on-foot section... until DE removed it because I guess fun isn't allowed.

Intended design clashing with reality. Railjack was intended to be 1) team-oriented, and 2) a mix of space combat and boarding actions. Piloting was supposed to be even LESS of a focus

This didn't pan out for many reasons. The engine is stretched to the limit just from small on-foot sections. The missions have to allow for solo completion. Too many players only want to pilot (and I don't blame you)

As for the nerfing of Flexa? I'm sorry but when developers see one mission is being run 10x more often twice as fast for the same rewards, I also don't blame them for nerfing it

• Like 2