The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snowday Showdown is the worst content I have ever seen in Warframe

Void2258

It's absolutely horrible. The snowballs are weak, slow, hard to hit with, and semi auto. The melee stance for the candycane is unusably bad (you literally jump past the enemy 90% of the time instead of hitting), and slam attacks are suicide. Also, you have to turn on sprint manually after each revive (because 10 years later sprint is STILL not default). Given how similar this is to Dog Days, you would think it would be ok, but the weapons you are forced to use turn it from mildly entertaining in small doses to a horrible grinding chore. The mode is completely unfun, and borderline unplayable (I shudder to think how this plays on a controller). I want conclave standing, but not this much. I can't even work up the will to finsih 3 rounds for the alert.

Edited by Void2258
  • Like 25

Really brings me back with the nostalgia of players complaining about this alert. 

It's really not that bad. Everyone has the same weapons, and it's just a skill test. 3 whole missions isn't that much of an ask either.

I honestly like when alerts and events go off the beaten path and DE tries something new/extremely old. I'm honestly tired rerunning "events" that are Nights of Naberus or Dog Days for the nth time.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 11

Snowballs really need to be auto fire.

I don't know whether I want to laugh or cry at Warframe players who still don't know basic melee maneuvers. Roll cancelling slam delay has been possible since 2018 but apparently PVE players with hundreds and thousands of hours still haven't figured it out.

Keep seething, fellow tennos. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

a skill test for players on PC..

On PS and Xbox its - "i fire in your general direction and aim assist garuntees i hit"

In all 3 games that I played, crossplay was on, I had console players in my games, and my team won by a substantial margin with me banking a majority of them.

Mp3lNZz.png

I'm not sure what aim assist cheese you're seeing.

• Like 2

I don't think this event is going to make PvP popular.
After i left squad with completing one round, I end up stuck in waiting for squad when trying to complete the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the event.
The only reason i went back to the event is to complete it. Its not that much fun, but i don't like PvP anyway.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

it's just a skill test.

You can stow that 'git gud' nonsens Right Now.

Warframe is not CoD. Warframe is not Overwatch. Warframe is not Modern Warfair.

That 'GIT GUD SCRUB LOL' is half the reason people avoid conclave. People who want to be rulers of an anthil rather than play an actual pvp game and get dunked on. 

• Like 16

Been reading topics of players complaining about the PVP snowball fight for years, since 2016 or so, players making sugestions like 5 min rounds and 25 oro collected, players sugesting anything else but pvp.

So yeah, it's not great, the clunkyness, the possible lag, the waiting for players for rounds to start, rounds being either great or horrible and so on.

I also feel that the rewards are rather minimal for the ammount of time doing PVP, it's one of those things that detracts from the experience of playing warframe and i would sugest DE just admiting that PVP doesn't work out, remove it and then have the rewards shifted towards actual alerts that you can play on holidays.

Here's a sugestion for 2024 December if anyone at DE is listening, rework the corpus outpost tileset, the one with the old corpus decor on an icy landscape, it's one of the oldest tilesets in the game, release the rework around december and make alerts on those tilesets at the same time, incentivizing users to explore the tileset, do missions and get the old PVP weapon skins, you can even change the containers or the lockers temporarily for that tileset during december to something more thematic. You need to give work for the artists right? There you go, impress us in 1 year.

Edited by KIREEK
darn english
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

I'm quite convinced that nobody at DE past or present has ever played a PvP game.

They literally co-developed unreal tournament games, which is like... the quintessential early multiplayer deathmatch genre of games, along with quake, turok, and others. It's just meant to be a silly addition here, it doesn't really work well with Warframe's systems; this game does not handle PvP well and they kinda don't really maintain it or anything, it just exists and is. They'd have to rework a lot of things to make PvP feel actually good, and don't devote much dev time to it, as it's not the core gameplay loop and sorta just a side thing that exists on its own.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

They literally co-developed unreal tournament games, which is like... the quintessential early multiplayer deathmatch genre of games

And the Back 4 Blood devs were the ones that made Left 4 Dead, what's your point?

Saying this like it's some smoking gun is stupid, and the nore I see this and the more things like 'Made by Devs of X' the more I think that the dev that were on the team eere hard carried by other people that co-deved Unreal.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

And the Back 4 Blood devs were the ones that made Left 4 Dead, what's your point?

I'm not sure if you read their comment, but it said "nobody at DE past or present has ever played a PvP game". I pointed out that they have definitely played, and even co-developed, a PvP game. I'm not saying "oh they're the best devs at PvP cause they made some early games of it" or anything of the sort, or saying that a "made by devs of X" holds any weight whatsoever. Just disputing their point that this is quite literally incorrect.

Edited by Naroxas44
missed typing a word :(
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

That 'GIT GUD SCRUB LOL' is half the reason people avoid conclave. People who want to be rulers of an anthil rather than play an actual pvp game and get dunked on. 

If that's your takeaway from my point of it being "not that bad" and disputing a claim of controller aim assist cheese. 

Not every piece of content can please every crowd. I don't like Dog Days, but even though I voice my feedback on it, I'll still do it when it's present for the new rewards it offers. The same thing applies here.

Conclave isn't something I really like in Warframe. I played Lunaro a fair bit a very long time ago, but that's the most Conclave I've ever played past getting Rank 5 and getting the mods and skins for completion. With all that said, 3 runs of a maximum 10 minute mission is hardly the end of the world, and it's really not all that bad. You can just treat it like an exterminate where enemies react to your behavior.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'm not sure what aim assist cheese you're seeing.

I don't think it's relevant to this event because our weapon is a slow projectile with a significant amount of arc, but there is a way to exploit aim-assist to keep your crosshairs continuously snapping onto a player, and it's very noticeable if they are using a hit-scan weapon.  

I haven't noticed any of that in the event so far, and I doubt very many people playing the event even know about it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BansheeAndZephyrMarried said:

Snowballs really need to be auto fire.

I don't know whether I want to laugh or cry at Warframe players who still don't know basic melee maneuvers. Roll cancelling slam delay has been possible since 2018 but apparently PVE players with hundreds and thousands of hours still haven't figured it out.

Keep seething, fellow tennos. 

Tbf, One of this game's biggest flaws is how non-intutitive everything is. Mechanics like these are never communicated to the player. And unless they specifically go out of their way to search this game's melee mechanics, they can spend 3k+ hours in this game and never stumble across this crucial bit of information. The fact that this is so common suggests it's not a fault of the players, but of the game's design. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IDystopiaI said:

I don't think it's relevant to this event because our weapon is a slow projectile with a significant amount of arc, but there is a way to exploit aim-assist to keep your crosshairs continuously snapping onto a player, and it's very noticeable if they are using a hit-scan weapon.  

I haven't noticed any of that in the event so far, and I doubt very many people playing the event even know about it.

I am aware of overarching performance of aim assist with controllers. However, I was speaking within the context of this event.

Thank you for explaining this though for those who may not know.

51 minutes ago, (NSW)Grizzlpaw said:

Tbf, One of this game's biggest flaws is how non-intutitive everything is. Mechanics like these are never communicated to the player. And unless they specifically go out of their way to search this game's melee mechanics, they can spend 3k+ hours in this game and never stumble across this crucial bit of information. The fact that this is so common suggests it's not a fault of the players, but of the game's design. 

I think the issue is how game balance has been handled, never forcing people to adapt/learn other game mechanics. Things like how shield gating with a dragon key was handled until recently where it was a crutch that just made you immortal and there's how AOE weapons function where you only need to aim in the enemy's general direction to kill them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

Saying its just a skill test doesn't mean they are being insulting, saying GIT GUD SCRUB.
It does take some 'skill' as in timing to avoid being whacked while being able to whack the other players. Lag/ping also has a say in it though.  xD
Unfortunately PvP tends to attract toxic players. Doesn't mean all PvP players are toxic though.

Now that i have completed the event, there is no reason to re-enter Conclave xD.
I did see a map I havent seen before (because i don't do Conclave) and it reminded me of The First Descendant.

Hurray, I'm not the only one that thinks this mode is utter garbage.

Hate the melee stance, hate the useless snowballs, hate the crappy lag.

PvP on peer-to-peer networking is awful. It should never have been part of an event. It never should have been allowed into the game in the first place, but I know people were clamoring years ago, "Aahhh, we want PvP!" even though the game was designed from day one to be co-op.

• Like 11