Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploiter Orb - What are the generally good frames to take into this?

Hexerin

Question

I've run a few through solo already (Trinity, Wisp, Mag), and just finished one in a public squad (Titania), but so far I haven't really felt like any are the "correct" frame for the mission. They've all done the job just fine, but when you run a "correct" frame the job just goes so much smoother, you know?

I've been thinking about how the Coolant Raknoids don't seem to have an attack, and whether or not Gara with a duration/range focus build might work. If the Raknoids indeed can't attack, then Gara's wall (which with such a build can be made insanely large) can't be destroyed by them, and thus they simply can't reach Exploiter to cool her down.

EDIT: That trick with Gara does work. You need at least 30m wall radius (155% duration and 190% range, in my case), but if you want stability you'll need at least 40m radius. With 30m radius, the Raknoids still get close enough for their AI to fire their load, which depending on what Exploiter is doing can sometimes still connect with her. With 40m radius, the Raknoids should be incapable of getting close enough to ever actually fire. However, in the third phase, Exploiter is too close to the mountain range, so you'll have to be smart with the wall placement (or have a squadmate just be on "mountain duty" to specifically wipe those Raknoids).

Still isn't quite fitting the ideal, I had an easier/smoother time with Trinity and Wisp. I'd rate Gara above Mag though, that Mag run was bordering on painful.

Edited by Hexerin

7 answers to this question

I personally don't know if there is a universally or generally agreed upon on meta pick as far as Warframes, but if you are solo (or otherwise, though it can be less an issue with more people), at the stage with the cooling/heating mechanic. If you are finding stopping the Coolant Raknoids a bit hard, one alternative strategy is just to collect and stock pile the Thermia Canisters somewhere you can see them near Exploiter. Then when you have a decent amount, just throwing them one after the other. As opposed to throwing them at different intervals letting her cool down/get cooled down. They can be more effective thrown in quick succession. (I mean there are more specific thresholds and break points, about how many and how much more effective, but I can't remember the exact details. The Wikia might have details). 

To that end, I just personally used Nezha and Rubico Prime. I liked being tanky, the status immunity and being fast. Rubico I could kill most Coolant Raknoids from a distance, plus its good for taking down Exploiter in its weak points. Oh and sometimes some normal Corpus enemies will stray into the fight, so I would use Nezhas 4 for the CC. I imagine there would be many that could do as well if not better. Gara does seem like an inspired and neat choice! 

Good luck! 

14 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I've run a few through solo already (Trinity, Wisp, Mag), and just finished one in a public squad (Titania), but so far I haven't really felt like any are the "correct" frame for the mission. They've all done the job just fine, but when you run a "correct" frame the job just goes so much smoother, you know?

I've been thinking about how the Coolant Raknoids don't seem to have an attack, and whether or not Gara with a duration/range focus build might work. If the Raknoids indeed can't attack, then Gara's wall (which with such a build can be made insanely large) can't be destroyed by them, and thus they simply can't reach Exploiter to cool her down.

EDIT: That trick with Gara does work. You need at least 30m wall radius (155% duration and 190% range, in my case), but if you want stability you'll need at least 40m radius. With 30m radius, the Raknoids still get close enough for their AI to fire their load, which depending on what Exploiter is doing can sometimes still connect with her. With 40m radius, the Raknoids should be incapable of getting close enough to ever actually fire. However, in the third phase, Exploiter is too close to the mountain range, so you'll have to be smart with the wall placement (or have a squadmate just be on "mountain duty" to specifically wipe those Raknoids).

Still isn't quite fitting the ideal, I had an easier/smoother time with Trinity and Wisp. I'd rate Gara above Mag though, that Mag run was bordering on painful.

Coolant Raknoids do have a melee attack that they will use to break through Gara's Wall. Gara was the meta choice for a while when exploiter first dropped because they wouldn't attack her wall.   DE patched that.   She's still good,  but doesn't make it impossible for them to get to Exploiter.  

Exploiter's positioning is not based on phases.  She just moves around randomly.  Sometimes she's close to the mountain in phase 3,  sometimes she's far away.  

While any frames will work here, Titania works great here:

• Phase 1

Weapons with high base damage is best here since the Vents are object based health. Dex Pixia and other Archguns can fulfill that easily.

Lantern is great in drawing Exploiter's aggro, especially with the increased firing speed from Exploiter's plasma cannon.

• Phase 2

Razorwing or Archwing to keep a constant eye out for the Coolant Raknoids. A key note is to overheat Exploiter Orb when there are Fractures around. Once you expose Exploiter's weakspots, leave them. Instead keep stockpiling the Thermia Canisters in one spot as Coolant Raknoids will keep spawning after you expose the weakspot.

As a failsafe, Exploiter will overheat after a certain number of Canisters hit her.

1. Phase 1 is around 5 Canisters (4 too likely due to the Heat buildup)
  2. Phase 2 is around 9 Canisters
  3. Phase 3 is around 12 Canisters

As for popping the weakspots, modding for Corrosive helps due to Exploiter's Ferrite Armor, but not as substantial as Profit Taker's shields. Due to this, many weapons will work fine here.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice peeps. By the sounds of it, there's no real "best frames" list for this fight, unlike other grand bosses. I'm guessing that since you don't really "fight" her per se, so it doesn't really matter who you bring since everyone can toss the canisters.

41 minutes ago, hyzmarca said:

Coolant Raknoids do have a melee attack that they will use to break through Gara's Wall. Gara was the meta choice for a while when exploiter first dropped because they wouldn't attack her wall.   DE patched that.   She's still good,  but doesn't make it impossible for them to get to Exploiter. 

Interesting. They weren't breaking my walls in my run with her, so maybe that patch got reverted (or broke, more likely)?

41 minutes ago, hyzmarca said:

Exploiter's positioning is not based on phases.  She just moves around randomly.  Sometimes she's close to the mountain in phase 3,  sometimes she's far away. 

I've only done the four runs thus far, so obviously only a small sample size. However, she has maintained the exact same positions in each phase on all four runs.