Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status

[DE]CoreyOnline

3 minutes ago, Gerlon. said:

True. DE messed up by over communicating to their players. That sets expectations. Better to say almost nothing, keep expectations low, and then people can’t complain. Then, hopefully, people are surprised and delighted instead when their expectations are “exceeded”. 

Brother, what smoke you cracking? I was saying they've been under-doing the communication. Unless you mean to tell me saying something only as it happens and then saying "it's closed now, go jump off a bridge" only an hour later before most will even have a chance at reacting qualifies as "over communication"?

• Like 3

Is there a technical reason behind not allowing those who did an PC to Console migration in the past? When I migrated my account almost 5 years ago my PC account was like MR 5. Now my PC account is MR 24 and my switch is MR12. They are effectively completely separate accounts. But now I cannot merge them based on a decision made years ago when cross play was never a thing. So I am just supposed to lose all that work on my switch? 

Just now, TheTzunami said:

Is there a technical reason behind not allowing those who did an PC to Console migration in the past? When I migrated my account almost 5 years ago my PC account was like MR 5. Now my PC account is MR 24 and my switch is MR12. They are effectively completely separate accounts. But now I cannot merge them based on a decision made years ago when cross play was never a thing. So I am just supposed to lose all that work on my switch? 

From a data standpoint, the NSW account and PC account are copies of one-another, from what I understand.

Look, I haven't been able to play my account since they removed raids and introduced the Plains of Eidolon because my old af PC couldn't handle the new area. I get it takes time, but I've waited for 6 years. Please be more open with communications on a "stress test" and don't do it for only 1 hour, that is nowhere near enough time to stress test. I can wait but it's things like this that made me give up on the game. But sure, I'll be patient 

• Like 4

On 2023-12-18 at 7:18 PM, (PSN)Skunk616 said:

Did you keep your Founder accolade if you merged into your PSN account?

So, I'm posting from a seperate account as you can tell, I did successfully link all 4 accounts (PSN, PC, Xbox, Switch), I kept my PSN progress, and my Closed Beta accolade, I did not however keep my Lato Vandal, Excalibur Proto Skin or my Twitch Prominence Bundle items

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Unearthlysoap said:

Maybe the did the stress test earlier than usual so they could have another one in a little bit? That’s my hope anyways since they’ve always been releasing it later in the day until today.

Same, my hope is that maybe they're doing it at several different times to cover all time zones generally. They did mention "periodically" opening it, so hopefully that means every few hours, we'll see something, as opposed to waiting actual days, especially given we only have a day or two left until Christmas week.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)TheRefinedH said:

Same, my hope is that maybe they're doing it at several different times to cover all time zones generally. They did mention "periodically" opening it, so hopefully that means every few hours, we'll see something, as opposed to waiting actual days, especially given we only have a day or two left until Christmas week.

Yeah, plus on their Twitter they said they were “pausing” the stress test, which could imply it will resume shortly. 

During the test phase earlier today, only my PC account MR5 which I created somewhere between 2017-2018 was eligable. Never bought prime access or anything on it.

My main xbox account which I started warframe with in 2014 did not had the cross save function but I was able to link it to my PC account. I created a fresh PC account a couple days ago to maximize my chances, and it didn't had the cross save function either.

So I would say, if you going to check if you are in, keep an eye on your oldest PC account and refresh your account page every once in a while.

Who knows when the next silent test phase will be.

Edited by (XBOX)Vega2673
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, (PSN)TheRefinedH said:

Brother, what smoke you cracking? I was saying they've been under-doing the communication. Unless you mean to tell me saying something only as it happens and then saying "it's closed now, go jump off a bridge" only an hour later before most will even have a chance at reacting qualifies as "over communication"?

Only the best crack. 

In general it’s bad to promise and then to break promises. This lesson has been learned many times by many companies. Better to not promise at all. 

And do you think you’re somehow “entitled” to receive this information? Why? Are you asking Microsoft why the last version of Windows didn’t meet their dates?

Anyway get used to software delays. That’s how it is. Or go yell into your refrigerator I guess. :)

2 hours ago, (PSN)Blueghast9 said:

From a data standpoint, the NSW account and PC account are copies of one-another, from what I understand.

This still doesn;t explain why we can;t delete one or be allowed to merge accounts that are from different consoles like my PlayStation and my pc one. 

I also dunno if I override my pc one woth PlayStation as my main will I still have access to my steam purhcases/will it be linked with it still? Or will it be treated as a new PF account. Or will I be able to merge with Xbox just not pc.

there are alot of cases like this that as far as I know we know nothing about. 

• Like 2

DE is finally being transparent and just informed on discord they will open the gates again tomorrow for everyone, from 8am ET until 5pm ET. However, they also mentioned there's a possibility they may close it earlier depending what issues emerge during the process. After that, gates will remain closed until January (exact date not specified). We'll have at least some hours to do the merge/link process. 

Edited by (XBOX)ChriSoomeh
typo
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gerlon. said:

Only the best crack. 

In general it’s bad to promise and then to break promises. This lesson has been learned many times by many companies. Better to not promise at all. 

And do you think you’re somehow “entitled” to receive this information? Why? Are you asking Microsoft why the last version of Windows didn’t meet their dates?

Anyway get used to software delays. That’s how it is. Or go yell into your refrigerator I guess. :)

Not once did I say we were entitled anything, I am saying it is a bad way to do business, please read and stop huffing raw cope. They didn't promise and not once did I say they did, please don't put words into my mouth, but they HAVE done the next worse thing: said it "might", and not held to it so far. They don't wanna get negative responses? Then don't tell us it will likely be there and then be silent, vague and spontaneous at random intervals as you don't deliver. It's not something to "get used to" or make excuses for, it's something they need to improve. Please, stop being terminally online and talking down to people on their behalf and speak for yourself.

Edited by TheRefinedHellion
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRefinedHellion said:

Not once did I say we were entitled anything, I am saying it is a bad way to do business, please read and stop huffing raw cope. They didn't promise and not once did I say they did, please don't put words into my mouth, but they HAVE done the next worse thing: said it "might", and not held to it so far. They don't wanna get negative responses? Then don't tell us it will likely be there and then be silent, vague and spontaneous at random intervals as you don't deliver. It's not something to "get used to" or make excuses for, it's something they need to improve. Please, stop being terminally online and talking down to people.

Sorry I don’t mean to sound like I’m “talking down” at all. I was just trying to help people understand how complicated this is. No personal offense intended, really. Hopefully we are going to be very happy quite soon. 

Go in peace, brother Tenno! :)

1 minute ago, (PSN)GastyVulpes said:

"The "drip gate" will open to ALL Tenno tomorrow, December 22 from 8 a.m. ET till 5 p.m. ET. This will be the final window of 2023 before the team's holiday break. We will return to finalize the feature in January."

From the Warframe twitter.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)ChriSoomeh said:

DE is finally being transparent and just informed on discord they will open the gates again tomorrow for everyone, from 8am ET until 5pm ET. However, they also mentioned there's a possibility they may close it earlier depending what issues emerge during the process. After that, gates will remain closed until January (exact date not specified). We'll have at least some hours to do the merge/link process. 

Bout time for some transparaency. Thank yall for bringing this to the fore.

Justo ahora, Doomyo89 dijo:

If they would have started gross save earlier then december we would have gross save now... but nooo... 

I dunno DE's schedule for updates or their reasoning behind it but, cross-save arriving before whispers in the walls update probably would have caused them less issues than what they have right now. It is the new content what's mainly making people impatient about cross-save.

Just now, (PSN)GastyVulpes said:

"The "drip gate" will open to ALL Tenno tomorrow, December 22 from 8 a.m. ET till 5 p.m. ET. This will be the final window of 2023 before the team's holiday break. We will return to finalize the feature in January."

From the Warframe twitter.

what that even mean? gross save is closed until january even if we have gross save? if thats a point why even open it? 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)ChriSoomeh said:

I dunno DE's schedule for updates or their reasoning behind it but, cross-save arriving before whispers in the walls update probably would have caused them less issues than what they have right now. It is the new content what's mainly making people impatient about cross-save.

they should be having separate teams for gross saves...