Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status

I orginally played on a low spec PC so when the switch port came out I migrated/transferred my game to switch and played on that for a while. After some time I started disliking the grainy and blurry visuals of switch version so I just stopped playing and haven't played in a few years.
I've been waiting for cross save to start playing on my gaming PC using my switch account. I am not looking to merge account, just want to link accounts and make the account that is on my switch my main account but play it on PC. 
Do I need to create a new pc account and then link it with my switch account with switch one as main or can I use my old PC account (the one i first used to migrate to switch)?
Is there any issue for linking since my switch account is a migrated account?

On 2024-01-08 at 12:16 PM, poxNT said:

I orginally played on a low spec PC so when the switch port came out I migrated/transferred my game to switch and played on that for a while. After some time I started disliking the grainy and blurry visuals of switch version so I just stopped playing and haven't played in a few years.
I've been waiting for cross save to start playing on my gaming PC using my switch account. I am not looking to merge account, just want to link accounts and make the account that is on my switch my main account but play it on PC. 
Do I need to create a new pc account and then link it with my switch account with switch one as main or can I use my old PC account (the one i first used to migrate to switch)?
Is there any issue for linking since my switch account is a migrated account?

You can't merge because you did the switch migration, so no worries there. When cross save linking is turned back on, just choose the switch account as primary. It should overwrite the PC save/account. if you want to be careful, I'd log into the switch once after linking just to ensure that save is fresh on the right servers who knows... just seems like a good idea.

I do hope DE have read and will comment about the merged accounts concerns people have voiced. In your case it would be duplicating items to merge your Switch and PC... but if you wanted to merge in your PS4 or Xbox account (that were never migrated) into your switch account before making it primary it would be nice if they allowed for that imho.

So judging from this post, the cross save feature roll out again this month? I missed my chance to merge my switch and pc account but I’m guessing I don’t need to since I Apprently linked it already before.

1 hour ago, MrBudd11 said:

So judging from this post, the cross save feature roll out again this month? I missed my chance to merge my switch and pc account but I’m guessing I don’t need to since I Apprently linked it already before.

Cross save will come back in January once they roll out some more fixes.

If you did not link or merge your accounts in December, then you will still need to do that. Are you perhaps talking about the PC to Switch migration back in 2019? That just means you won't be able to merge, you'll have to pick one account to keep and the other gets deleted and replaced.

1 hour ago, ReaperJuggiePrime said:

Anyone have a rough idea when it will come back? I really don't want to miss merging my accounts

Sometime between January 15 and January 31.

On 2023-12-12 at 10:11 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Trading Variables:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Trade with all Cross Platform Save players.

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• PC: trade with any PC players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with any PC players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled

When can we expect to be able to trade with our own consoles again with players that don't have a PC account?  I enabled cross save (Primary account is (was) XBOX), but since there is no way to DISABLE it, I am now locked out of trading with my entire clan.

Edited by tucker_d_dawg
  • Like 3

I'm curious if you can at least let us know if it's intentional that we lost access to our old forum and support accounts? They still exist, but I noticed none of them (previous and new) update the display picture despite changing in-game, so I can't help but feel that enabling Cross-Save has cut ties with both my PSN forum and support account AND this "PC" account's forum and support account.

This definitely has me concerned for my account.

And it's been 3 weeks without any reply to my support tickets, so.. Yeah, this isn't a great situation and I honestly think we deserve some answers before you open up cross-save next week again.

Edited by DeZaruu

I have a problem with my chats in Xbox.

I have had merge my PSN, PC and Xbox accounts but once I started playing in Xbox the chats don't load and show me like it keeps loading, so I can't see the messages, and I can't message no one.
But when I play on PC or PSN this issue doesn't appear.
Is it any solve to this issue?

1 hour ago, JosueEspL68 said:

I have a problem with my chats in Xbox.

I have had merge my PSN, PC and Xbox accounts but once I started playing in Xbox the chats don't load and show me like it keeps loading, so I can't see the messages, and I can't message no one.
But when I play on PC or PSN this issue doesn't appear.
Is it any solve to this issue?

Make sure date and time is synced and accurate. The same can happen on switch or other consoles if you don't do that. Once date and time are right it will work fine.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:50 AM, --N-- said:

Cross save will come back in January once they roll out some more fixes.

If you did not link or merge your accounts in December, then you will still need to do that. Are you perhaps talking about the PC to Switch migration back in 2019? That just means you won't be able to merge, you'll have to pick one account to keep and the other gets deleted and replaced.

Ah okay, so I just checked on my switch and it’s using the same username as my PC account. Which I’m assuming means I did that pc to switch migration, but I’m not sure if I actually did as I didn’t get my switch until the beginning of 2020

EDIT: I didn’t do the switch migration, it says it started I. January 15th 2019. I definitely didn’t have a switch around that time.

Edited by MrBudd11

4 hours ago, MrBudd11 said:

Ah okay, so I just checked on my switch and it’s using the same username as my PC account. Which I’m assuming means I did that pc to switch migration, but I’m not sure if I actually did as I didn’t get my switch until the beginning of 2020

EDIT: I didn’t do the switch migration, it says it started I. January 15th 2019. I definitely didn’t have a switch around that time.

Switch allows you to choose a Warframe username independent from your Nintendo username (unlike Xbox and PSN), so you might've just used the same username.

Yeah, the migration ended on January 15th, 2019.

3 hours ago, --N-- said:

Switch allows you to choose a Warframe username independent from your Nintendo username (unlike Xbox and PSN), so you might've just used the same username.

Yeah, the migration ended on January 15th, 2019.

Yeah that make sense, I’ll just have to wait for the actual linking whenever it happens this month.

2 hours ago, -BellaMuerte- said:

I find myself with a question... If I link my already merged accounts by linking an Xbox account does that lock me into only being ablet to use on the Xbox or can I still use said main PC account on the pc/switch and ps ?

As far as I know, you get one merge per console for eligible accounts. 

If you mark the PC account as your primary while merging, you shouldn't have any problems. 

If the Xbox account isn't eligible to merge (created after the cutoff date), linking will override the Xbox account. 

3 minutes ago, DarknessNightshade said:

As far as I know, you get one merge per console for eligible accounts. 

If you mark the PC account as your primary while merging, you shouldn't have any problems. 

If the Xbox account isn't eligible to merge (created after the cutoff date), linking will override the Xbox account. 

Yeah the xbox is only available for linking ... so it will still allow me to play there as well as the other platforms ? 

I started on PC and want that as my main.

When Switch came out, I used another email to make an account, as I figured I couldn't use the same one.

How can I now merge them?

I tried changing the Switch email to the PC one, and it said "that email is already in use"