Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status

3 minutes ago, Haleks said:

Does anyone know if merging accounts would allow me to use the console exclusive Synkra Syandana on PC ?

from what i read all platform exclusive skins wont be able to transfer off their respective platform but you can still use them for example the PS obsidian set wont transfer to pc and cant be used but should you play on PS it will be there and still be able to be used on that respective platform

I have a question. I have a Switch account that uses the same email as my separate PC account. Before on Switch you always logged in using Nintendo’s login. Is it a problem for merge that both accounts are tied to the same email (or also MUST they be the same, which could also be a problem)?

And second question, how is login handled via the Switch now for cross play? Do you still login using your Nintendo email? Does the same email address for the user on Switch and Nintendo have to be the same as email used by DE on PC?

Another comment, many many thanks to DE for even allowing “account merge”. I’ve been in computer hardware and software dev for 30 years and this is not a simple task. Not only technical but lots of support issues. A big thanks to DE since they could have just said “pick one account for cross save” and be done with it.

• Like 2

Created a new PC account last week in preparation to the cross save feature release  - oh boy how have I missed you WF, it's been over 5 years ... But also so don't want to re grind all 3.5k hours that I put into my old PS account. 

I hope I can cross save soon... Like ... Soon soon since I will be off work for the last week of the year... Hint hint DE. LOL. 

Christmas miracles? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SaleemPC said:

Quick question, I plan to merge my switch account to PC. However I plan to keep playing on the switch as my PC cant do it no more - will that be doable?

Yeah, im thinking the same too, just because nintendo s**k.

But there is a problem, my pc account is Mr.13 and the last time i play it was in 2015. My switch account is mr.17 with alot more frames, more weapon, mods. So if i choose my pc is my primary, what will happen with my MR and my stuffs?

seems like you all thinking too deep into the cross save and when it will go live they have stated multiple time that it will release in phases. also theres a redit thread and in game red text that stated the same thing red text will let you knw what the next steps are the DE are very busy they have goals to meet and bugs to fix

• Like 2

Can we receive an official message describing a rough plan for how the cross-save rollout is expected to be executed? Now that founders have had the chance to merge and link their accounts, what does phase 2 entail? Are we categorizing eligibility by the date your account was created? When can we expect the next phase rollouts? Please give us something. We were told Cross-Save would be available in 2023, but that doesn't mean you have to push it to the last week of December. However, if we are going to do that, the least we should expect is consistent updates. I think we're not asking for much with that. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Kurzay ttv said:

seems like you all thinking too deep into the cross save and when it will go live they have stated multiple time that it will release in phases. also theres a redit thread and in game red text that stated the same thing red text will let you knw what the next steps are the DE are very busy they have goals to meet and bugs to fix

Don't understand your point here. It's completely valid that people are getting antsy about cross-save. DE are the ones who decided to do this whole thing right before the holidays, not us. If anything, this is a project that's taken too long to become reality and they took their sweet time. I sunk countless hours and dollars into the game, only to end up not being able to play for close to a decade since I switched to PC. At the very least, they can provide us with timelines consistently, that would shut pretty much everyone up. However, even that is not the case.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, (PSN)meid6362 said:

Don't understand your point here. It's completely valid that people are getting antsy about cross-save. DE are the ones who decided to do this whole thing right before the holidays, not us. If anything, this is a project that's taken too long to become reality and they took their sweet time. I sunk countless hours and dollars into the game, only to end up not being able to play for close to a decade since I switched to PC. At the very least, they can provide us with timelines consistently, that would shut pretty much everyone up. However, even that is not the case.

I agree. Devs are the ones who pushed cross save last minute before holidays. Everyone has been waiting for this for years. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, diehexenjager said:

I agree. Devs are the ones who pushed cross save last minute before holidays. Everyone has been waiting for this for years. 

do you really think its really simple too do it take years of coding the game to be able to handle such large amounts if data. Then also when merging thats more strain on the server side just wait stop spamming everywhere whens next phase clearly it said in game in RED TEXT read socials and in game red text for further updates 

8 minutes ago, (PSN)meid6362 said:

This.

They announce it a year ago, amongst a crowd of other games that have had cross-save/platform for years now. I've sunk thousand of hours and dollars into this game, only to get no info on when i can play, and I get founders were OG's, but I started playing around that time, and yeah, I didn't shell out money for Founders, but my sheer dollar amount spent afterwards should count for something. Idk, call it pay to win, or whatever, but if my cheddar cheese is being used to lolly gag about, I'd like a little heads up.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Kurzay ttv said:

Yes I get that. :) “All will soon be answered” but I guess we are just super excited too! ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Kurzay ttv said:

do you really think its really simple too do it take years of coding the game to be able to handle such large amounts if data. Then also when merging thats more strain on the server side just wait stop spamming everywhere whens next phase clearly it said in game in RED TEXT read socials and in game red text for further updates 

When cross-save/platform is a regular feature in many games, yes.

DE makes plenty of money on warframe, and they announced it a year ago (possibly even longer) and have come out with like 4 or 5 major updates since then. So there's really no reason to not have something

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Kurzay ttv said:

Idc if it said "red text" this or that. How about give me a timeline so I don't have to "spam". They said over the coming days not weeks. Whispers came out on the 13. It's already been almost a week and the first official testing with founders started yesterday due to delay. Finally, myself and others are off from school/work NOW. We want to enjoy our holidays by playing the game. Why wouldn't we be annoyed and persistently asking for info?

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, (PSN)meid6362 said:

Idc if it said "red text" this or that. How about give me a timeline so I don't have to "spam". They said over the coming days not weeks. Whispers came out on the 13. It's already been almost a week and the first official testing with founders started yesterday due to delay. Finally, myself and others are off from school/work NOW. We want to enjoy our holidays by playing the game. Why wouldn't we be annoyed and persistently asking for info?

Daily updates means DAILY updates. It's been less than 21 hours since the founders wave was enabled, it's pretty clear they do progress checks at about the same time. Asking for a schedule does not make sense, especially since ether one and only date they set was the 14th for the start, and they ended up having to delay it (and people were complaining about it).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, (PSN)meid6362 said:

Can we receive an official message describing a rough plan for how the cross-save rollout is expected to be executed? Now that founders have had the chance to merge and link their accounts, what does phase 2 entail? Are we categorizing eligibility by the date your account was created? When can we expect the next phase rollouts? Please give us something. We were told Cross-Save would be available in 2023, but that doesn't mean you have to push it to the last week of December. However, if we are going to do that, the least we should expect is consistent updates. I think we're not asking for much with that. 

Amen to that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)drakolich21 said:

Daily updates means DAILY updates. It's been less than 21 hours since the founders wave was enabled, it's pretty clear they do progress checks at about the same time. Asking for a schedule does not make sense, especially since ether one and only date they set was the 14th for the start, and they ended up having to delay it (and people were complaining about it).

How does it not make sense to have a rough schedule lol. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, (PSN)meid6362 said:

Agreed Meid. Just lay out rough timelines with the expectation that if something does go wrong its a pause or extra day. This is all we are looking for, just a simple timeline, give us some bread crumbs. As an Xbox player I want to move to PC. 

Something along these lines would at least prevent everyone from guessing. 

Friday - 12/15 - Founders soft roll out 

Issue found - paused until Monday 12/18

Monday  - 12/17 - Issue resolved - Full founders roll out

Tuesday - PC Accounts LR 1-3 - 12/18

Wednesday - Xbox/Playstation/Switch - LR 1-3 - 12/19

Thursday - Open Cross save for all - 12/20 

• Like 6