Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status

So I have 2 distinct account a MR 10 Founder account i've decided to let go when my PC broke down 8 years ago and a MR 30 Xbox account with thousands of hours invested in... My xbox one is old and just doesn't keep up with the graphic anymore and I want to move back to PC.

What will happen to my founder status if I decide to make my Xbox account into my primary and merge my founder account as secondary ? Will I lose the founder status ? Will it carry over along Excal prime and co. ?  They say Excal prime and Co. Are locked to PC but I shouldnt worry about it since now i'll play with my PC right ? It should only be locked if for whatever reason i decide to boot my xbox and play on this console instead ? Am I getting this right ?

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Alistair217 said:

If that's what would make my xbox account playable on all platforms, yeah

Ok so if you want ONLY you're Xbox account progression on all platforms that is going to be cross save for that Xbox account. If you want all of you're progression from all accounts on each platform put into one account that is going to be merging. 

• Like 1

if my pc account is mr5 and my ps4 acc is mr21 will i have to make my ps4 acc my primary account? or is that not relevant to account merge? i would like to transfer over all my stuff from ps4 so hopefully thats doable

Edited by stella0__0
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, stella0__0 said:

if my pc account is mr5 and my ps4 acc is mr21 will i have to make my ps4 acc my primary account? or is that not relevant to account merge? i would like to transfer over all my stuff from ps4 so hopefully thats doable

In the context of the "merge", "primary account" just means, the account you're going keep the quest / MR progress from. Beyond that, all resources, credits, plat (not for switch though), mods, endo, items, etc will just be merged. From then on, when you sign in to either your PS4 or your PC it will be the same account.

It makes NO difference in the end, if the primary account you chose was PC or PS4 or XBox (outside of what MR and quest progress you end up with).

Additionally for founders, you will keep your founder gear, but you can only access it when signed in on PC.

Edited by Syntactycal82
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dragonix94 said:

Is there a way I can find out what group I'm in to find which phase I'll be to do the merge? 

As far as I know, the answer to this is no. I don't believe they've even said anything about what metrics, if any, they'll use to determine who is in a given wave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dythus said:

So I have 2 distinct account a MR 10 Founder account i've decided to let go when my PC broke down 8 years ago and a MR 30 Xbox account with thousands of hours invested in... My xbox one is old and just doesn't keep up with the graphic anymore and I want to move back to PC.

What will happen to my founder status if I decide to make my Xbox account into my primary and merge my founder account as secondary ? Will I lose the founder status ? Will it carry over along Excal prime and co. ?  They say Excal prime and Co. Are locked to PC but I shouldnt worry about it since now i'll play with my PC right ? It should only be locked if for whatever reason i decide to boot my xbox and play on this console instead ? Am I getting this right ?

I believe if you make Xbox as primary acc and merge your PC to it, u loose Excal and founders status. Another founder did this, and he can see his Excal, but can't access it

If you make your PC account your main, and bring all that progress from Xbox to it, All your MR and stuff gets added to the PC account. That's what I'm gonna do.

3 hours ago, FireFistDAce26 said:

And can you confirm that the merge was successful and you didnt lose anything? maybe you can answer the burning question, what is going to happen with riven slots?

Alas, I played do long ago on PC, no tokens to transfer.  But everything else merged exactly as expected! So many open Warframe and weapons slots now...

1 hour ago, (PSN)Skunk616 said:

Did you keep your Founder accolade if you merged into your PSN account?

Yes, you keep it!

54 minutes ago, (PSN)XDRogueAssassin said:

Does it ask you witch account you want to be the primary?

Yes, it did! Very hard to mess up and pick wrong, they gave multiple confirmations and explanations

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dythus said:

You keep your Founder status (and it shows up on other consoles now).  The rest your have understood correctly.

I had the cross save text appear in my account, it was red!, and clicked it then it went to coming soon. I had my playstation account for 10 years at least and my pc account since December 2022. Is this a bug?? ?Too bad for me, I was happy, now im annoyed.

Edited by (PSN)SKYF1R8

1 hour ago, stella0__0 said:

I think you might be MR 25 after the merge..?

Edited by (PSN)SKYF1R8

2 hours ago, stella0__0 said:

MR progression is tied to ranks of weapons/frames/etc
if you had a weapon on PC that was level 30 that you didnt on ps4, then that progress will be added to the total MR progression you have (alongside all 21 levels from progression done on playstation)
Aka, it doesnt matter which one is your primary account for MR.

Edited by (PSN)FoGsesipod

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

where do you see this red text?

news section, but not account settings.. idk what is up.. ,, How do i post a screen capture from warframe.com??

Going to log into my pc account, to see what happens. Edit: Same text but nothing happened. I know I have Founder status. I think I started playing around November 2013! :\

Edited by (PSN)SKYF1R8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Juraash said:

As far as I know, the answer to this is no. I don't believe they've even said anything about what metrics, if any, they'll use to determine who is in a given wave.

responding from my PC account here. but Dang they got me chomping at the bit for this man. I don't have a working Xbox to access my main account rn. I want my stuff back ya know. they should at least email us soon telling us what group we're in for which phase. don't nee a specific date or anything just give the rest of "filthy non founders" as I've jokingly called myself at least somewhat of an Idea when we get our turn

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (PSN)SKYF1R8 said:

news section, but not account settings.. idk what is up.. ,, How do i post a screen capture from warframe.com??

Going to log into my pc account, to see what happens. Edit: Same text but nothing happened. I know I have Founder status. I think I started playing around November 2013! :\

You don’t just get founder status because your account is old, it was a specific thing you would have had to have purchased back then

• Like 1

I also had a red text that said “link your account now!” But then I clicked on it and just led me to the account management section with the usual “coming soon”. Maybe they’re prepping for the people who will get it tomorrow? That’s my hope anyways haha But after I clicked it a few times the option is now gone. I definitely got fooled lol

• Like 1

On 2023-12-12 at 10:11 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Starting December 14, we will begin the rollout of Cross Platform Save across all available Platforms.

Sorry, but I am having a little trouble understanding...I used one email for my PC account and then another for my Switch account since I thought they had to be separate. I am not a Fonder (kicking myself for deciding not to back then...). How do I merge the accounts?

3 hours ago, Dythus said:

Pick the mr30 account. You will still be founder but unable to use Excel prime etc unless you sign in on PC, it's that simple!

2 minutes ago, 1OfTheUndying said:

Sorry, but I am having a little trouble understanding...I used one email for my PC account and then another for my Switch account since I thought they had to be separate. I am not a Fonder (kicking myself for deciding not to back then...). How do I merge the accounts?

That won't be an issue emails do not matter you will link the platform account by signing into to that platform via the Warframe website and then you link. The email address uses does not matter.

• Like 1