The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea for raids and the end of content islands

(XBOX)CatalystCube

Combine open worlds, railjack and kuva liches as raids. By doing this we’ll bridge several islands of content together. In the gameplay we’ll see things like us going up from open worlds into railjack and back again, the final battles would take place on the respective factions open world after getting chased out of orbit and could give standing when defeated. Kuva liches will serve as the raid bosses so raids feel much more distinct each time they’re ran, of course the kuva lich system would have to undergo significant changes but i think it’d be worth it, if y’all have any ideas I’d like to hear what you have to say. Railjack segment is there mostly for fun because I think striking down onto the open worlds with orbital strikes and disabling/enabling shield projectors from the ground would be epic especially while working with a team.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CatalystCube said:

Combine open worlds, railjack and kuva liches as raids. By doing this we’ll bridge several islands of content together. In the gameplay we’ll see things like us going up from open worlds into railjack and back again, the final battles would take place on the respective factions open world after getting chased out of orbit and could give standing when defeated. Kuva liches will serve as the raid bosses so raids feel much more distinct each time they’re ran, of course the kuva lich system would have to undergo significant changes but i think it’d be worth it, if y’all have any ideas I’d like to hear what you have to say. Railjack segment is there mostly for fun because I think striking down onto the open worlds with orbital strikes and disabling/enabling shield projectors from the ground would be epic especially while working with a team.

I remember when "content island" was a real popular buzzword here in the forums. 

And the One True Solution was "Integrated Content"(tm). 

And then when people were "forced" to do X content to get a thing to use in Y content turned out people hated that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

And then when people were "forced" to do X content to get a thing to use in Y content turned out people hated that.

This playerbase has always been pretty allergic to progression. I remember a long time ago when DE reworked Mastery Rank locks on weapons to categorize them by general output power, and lots of people weren't appreciative of it. The same feedback happened when Plains of Eidolon had crafted Arcanes.

The word "progression" is always flipped into "too grindy".

Edited by Voltage

46 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This playerbase has always been pretty allergic to progression. I remember a long time ago when DE reworked Mastery Rank locks on weapons to categorize them by general output power, and lots of people weren't appreciative of it. The same feedback happened when Plains of Eidolon had crafted Arcanes.

The word "progression" is always flipped into "too grindy".

Remember when the flavor of the month buzzword was "sustainable content" and we ended up with kuva liches, before all the reworks and changes?

Back when you couldnt see what weapon you got and there was no infusion and all that. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Remember when the flavor of the month buzzword was "sustainable content" and we ended up with kuva liches, before all the reworks and changes?

Back when you couldnt see what weapon you got and there was no infusion and all that. 

And they also did a OHK backbreaker on you, Bane vs Batman style if you got a Requiem wrong.. Don't forget that part! I thought it was kinda funny, but it did need changing lol.

I dunno about "content islands", that's probably always gonna be an issue, but i think DE are on to something with the new "secret" boss fight. More of those with some improvements, and additional rewards, but no nerfs to the bosses, and we might finally have ourselves a challenge people want.

2 hours ago, trst said:

Content islands only exist as a buzz word. And a mission that drags us to and from open world maps isn't bridging them any more than the current resource/grind loops within those areas already do.

That is a fair point, but I’m mostly wanting this so we can feel like all parts of the game, all of our experiences on each level can actually feel like they matter in actual gameplay not just in terms of grind. After you finish an open world it’s something you can almost entirely forget about which is a shame because they’re so beautiful and have more potential, than just a place you do bounties.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CatalystCube said:

That is a fair point, but I’m mostly wanting this so we can feel like all parts of the game, all of our experiences on each level can actually feel like they matter in actual gameplay not just in terms of grind. After you finish an open world it’s something you can almost entirely forget about which is a shame because they’re so beautiful and have more potential, than just a place you do bounties.

Y'see that's the problem with the idea of content islands. If you think the open worlds are because you don't go back to them after the grind then the entire game is a content archipelago and nothing is actually connected. Since all content no longer has an inherent reason to be returned to once their grind is done.

But as for reasons we already have to return to the open worlds there's Relic/Aya farming, Nightwave acts, and standing for arcanes/decorations. Which is more than can be said for a majority of the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

And they also did a OHK backbreaker on you, Bane vs Batman style if you got a Requiem wrong.. Don't forget that part! I thought it was kinda funny, but it did need changing lol.

I dunno about "content islands", that's probably always gonna be an issue, but i think DE are on to something with the new "secret" boss fight. More of those with some improvements, and additional rewards, but no nerfs to the bosses, and we might finally have ourselves a challenge people want.

I always thought the lich ohk was funny too

I think theyre afraid to put "good rewards" behind that kind of boss. Because alot of people would just rage/beg for nerfs/get filtered. I really hope they do though tbh.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb RichardKam:

Raids will never work. Forget about it.

Those who want raids to come back are looking at things through rose-colored glasses. 

The last offer of "raid" from DE was Archon hunt. 

Pretty much this.. seeing people struggling to understand netracells despite being not difficult to understand shows me that raids never have and never will work in this game.

But there's plenty of other games fulfilling that role and it's not a shame to play other things than Warframe.