Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Excalibur prime BUGGED

Th3RIpp3r

• Th3RIpp3r changed the title to Excalibur prime BUGGED

Hi Tenno, 

It is stated in the Cross Platform Save FAQ that Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime will be locked to PC. As for why your Loki Prime is appearing on PS5, if you load onto a platform where Excalibur Prime cannot be accessed, the game is identifying and equipping the earliest Warframe in your collection (that wasn't sold). In this case, Loki Prime seems to be the oldest Warframe in your existing arsenal. 

• Like 9

I merged my 2 accounts pc (as primary) and switch. On my pc account I had a max lvl loki Frame and a lvl 15 Excalibur prime Frame (amoung others). on my switch account (along with 1 other frame) I had a low lvl loki frame that I feel should have been deleted/ overwritten during the merge.

When I logged in (on switch) to fiddle with my warframes I went to check out my Excalibur prime frame and it pulled up my max lvl loki frame's avatar and skill summary while still listing the warframe as Excalibur prime. All I really want is proper access to all the frames I have unlocked.

I took photos on my phone but I'm not sure how to post them

Founders items are only usable on PC, as selecting Excalibur Prime will default to your usual frame similar to subsuming to the Helminth when on console.

Ie. My Excal Prime automatically swaps to Nidus on NSW as well, but on PC there's no issue and loads Excal Prime per usual.

Edited by PhiZero

The Cross-Save FAQ states "Excalibur prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime are locked to PC"

Why? We don't know. DE won't tell us, they aren't answering questions, and it's confusing and frustrating.

DE YOU SHOULD BE EXPLAINING THIS!!!

5 hours ago, (XBOX)squadX Toga said:

Founders items were said to be PC's exclusive items, so they'll be only usable on PC.

This was not the case.

At the time of the console releases and account copying, Sony and Xbox dissallowed Excal prime on their systems. As cross-play came in, they had to allow them. No reason was given for this new arbitrary lock

• Like 1

19 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hi Tenno, 

It is stated in the Cross Platform Save FAQ that Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime will be locked to PC. As for why your Loki Prime is appearing on PS5, if you load onto a platform where Excalibur Prime cannot be accessed, the game is identifying and equipping the earliest Warframe in your collection (that wasn't sold). In this case, Loki Prime seems to be the oldest Warframe in your existing arsenal. 

And the reasoning?

DE have still not given us any reason as to why Excal is being locked for founders. This is causing confusion and frustration as you would expect.

Locking gameplay gear is a line that you shouldn't cross, and DE have chosen to cross it without any valid reasonings given (before anyone tries to say, no, claiming Founders was PC exclusive is not a good reasoning when other items that are platform exclusive are usable on other platforms now)

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Kurzay ttv said:

its not bugged if you bought it on pc witch you would of done as it was exclusive to that platform it will stay for pc unfortunately

Not a good reason.

Xbox, NSW and Steam exclusive skins are all usable cross-platform. Excal, Lato and Skana Prime being locked is abritrary without a valid reason.

• Like 2

Okay so If not accessible while playing on PS5, If I want to hop on PC and play will these primes still be there? Or are they completely locked once a merge to console is made? (I just got cross save access and want to make sure before committing)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evil-Yin said:

Okay so If not accessible while playing on PS5, If I want to hop on PC and play will these primes still be there? Or are they completely locked once a merge to console is made? (I just got cross save access and want to make sure before committing)

Yes on PC they will be there

5 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Not a good reason.

Xbox, NSW and Steam exclusive skins are all usable cross-platform. Excal, Lato and Skana Prime being locked is abritrary without a valid reason.

Probably because Excal, Lato and Skana Prime arent skins.

Also, it wasnt available on Console, PC exclusive only.

Edited by xMarvin732
  • Like 1

I dont own a console, so, this directly does not affect me, but...lets say I did, and wanted to use my Excal Prime on some console with my original same account and this happened....damn, I certainly would be quite upset. I have to say, DE keeps disappointing me more and more.
I dont know if this is hilarious or sad.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

Yes on PC they will be there

Probably because Excal, Lato and Skana Prime arent skins.

Also, it wasnt available on Console, PC exclusive only.

So locking GAMEPLAY items is a good idea? No, it isn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that is a line you do not cross.

DE have crossed it.

Also, those skins, the Opal, Jade, Amethyst, Phased and Rubedo skin, are available on ALL platforms except PS. That means, Xbox can use switch skins, and vice versa, not just PC.

Founders was never meant to be available on console, BECAUSE... it was meant to end long before console wf ever was even a thing!

Not to mention, it's been 10 years since then. Most new players have no idea what founders even is, let alone having the ability to buy it in the first place. This is a tired old excuse that holds no weight nowadays, and also has no place in a true Cross-progression environment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Founders was never meant to be available on console, BECAUSE... it was meant to end long before console wf ever was even a thing!

and thats most likely the reason why it is locked to PC.

the option to buy Founders pack ended on 1st November 2013 and PS4 version came out 14 days after.

It was never meant to be available on console and thats why it still will be.

It was extended because

"Due to popular demand we're extending the deadline on the Founders Program!

...well, it's partially based on demand but mainly because we have been so focused on polishing Update 7 that we haven't been able to devote the attention necessary to truly nail down an incredible follow up offer to the Founders program."

Edited by xMarvin732

1 hour ago, xMarvin732 said:

and thats most likely the reason why it is locked to PC.

the option to buy Founders pack ended on 1st November 2013 and PS4 version came out 14 days after.

It was never meant to be available on console and thats why it still will be.

It was extended because

So, you've just proven my point XD

Founders was meant to end before the PS4 version ever came out, and was extended. This was 10 years ago. Any rulings from back then, do not apply today. We are moving into cross-progression, and as such, should be looking to make it a full cross-progression environment. What you're trying to cling to is not that.

Why it was extended does not matter at all. That's not part of the equation here. The matter of the fact is, DE have arbitrarily blocked Founders from using Gameplay items without any valid reasoning provided. That is it. There is no arguing that.

Trying to claim something that happened over a decade ago, as the reasoning, is naive at best, and flat out ignorant at worst. Any contracts or agreements from back then will be void by now, and given all builds, are all exactly the same now, it is not out of DE's control to allow what few Founders remain to use their gear, instead they have opted to disallow this to seemingly "respect players", while simultaniously disrespecting the very people that allowed not only their company to stay alive, but warframe to exist as it is today.

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Like 2

On 2023-12-21 at 2:07 AM, Stormandreas said:

So, you've just proven my point XD

Founders was meant to end before the PS4 version ever came out, and was extended. This was 10 years ago. Any rulings from back then, do not apply today. We are moving into cross-progression, and as such, should be looking to make it a full cross-progression environment. What you're trying to cling to is not that.

Why it was extended does not matter at all. That's not part of the equation here. The matter of the fact is, DE have arbitrarily blocked Founders from using Gameplay items without any valid reasoning provided. That is it. There is no arguing that.

Trying to claim something that happened over a decade ago, as the reasoning, is naive at best, and flat out ignorant at worst. Any contracts or agreements from back then will be void by now, and given all builds, are all exactly the same now, it is not out of DE's control to allow what few Founders remain to use their gear, instead they have opted to disallow this to seemingly "respect players", while simultaniously disrespecting the very people that allowed not only their company to stay alive, but warframe to exist as it is today.

I will just overlook the comment about ignorant and naive because I never went personal against you in any comment.

Also, I only mentioned the founders pack purchase ending later because you said

"BECAUSE... it was meant to end long before console wf ever was even a thing!"

So here's the story I think is the reason why it won't happen.

It was said that founders stuff will be exclusive and will never be able to purchase again.

After that deadline ending, Ps4 Warframe came out.

In the first ever migration, from PC to PS4 Excal, Lato and Skana Prime were excluded.

Snipetron Vandal as well as the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal were also excluded since Braton and Lato Vandal were added for a limited time to the market at the time of the open beta weekend celebration and snipetron Vandal was an informant event reward.

Snipetron was also unavailable to migrate because it was removed from the market.

Then Braton and Lato Vandal were added to Sanctuary Onslaught.

Snipetron Vandal was added to invasion and snipetron BP to various events.

Then they were able to be migrated to a different platform (they migrated when I did the PC to switch migration) or be obtained in the other platforms.

Excal, Lato and Skana Prime are Founders only and not available for anyone that is not a founder.

As long as it is not available through normal gameplay methods, I assume it will unfortunately stay that way.

You may say the reasoning seems naive at best or ignorant at worst but at the end of the day, it's not in our control, we can only complain so far.

If you read the other things under "CROSS PLATFORM SAVE EXCLUSIONS" in the FAQ you can also see that switch Warframe plat is seperate from Xbox, PS and PC shared Plat.

We don't know the reasoning behind it, it's something between Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and DE probably.

Edited by xMarvin732
Lato Vandal instead of Lex Vandal, ty (XBOX)Rez090
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

That's actually a hard No Way GIF bud. Not sure why you think that was a thing.

Because... that was a thing...? Wtf are you even refering to with this post?

When cross-play became a thing, Sony and Xbox HAD to allow Excal Prime to be shown and semi-accessible on their systems, whether they liked it or not.
As I stated, founders items were never once stated to be PC exclusive when sold. Also, Xbox Jade, NSW Opal and steam Phased and Rubedo skins, were meant to be platform exclusive, and now are not.
Founders was never stated to be platform exclusive.

Your argument holds no weight because of this.

• Like 1

It's not a bug it's stated on the FAQ for cross-save that the Excalibur prime and such are locked to PC. Also the reason that it's loading a different prime when you go to equip excal on console is it defaults to the first prime you acquired other then excal that you still own.

7 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Because... that was a thing...? Wtf are you even refering to with this post?

When cross-play became a thing, Sony and Xbox HAD to allow Excal Prime to be shown and semi-accessible on their systems, whether they liked it or not.
As I stated, founders items were never once stated to be PC exclusive when sold. Also, Xbox Jade, NSW Opal and steam Phased and Rubedo skins, were meant to be platform exclusive, and now are not.
Founders was never stated to be platform exclusive.

Your argument holds no weight because of this.

Except your whole "argument" is wrong. All Founders items and all the skins you listed are indeed platform exclusive. You cannot obtain these items on any other platforms besides their home platform. Just because you can "see" these items on other players thru cross-play does not mean they are on those platforms.

• Like 1