Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

I read in a small handful of places to contact support, and after waiting three weeks was told to just come here anyway. There's no communication, any attempts to actually get answers are shot down if they're even responded to. I'm in the same boat, I played all of 30 minutes on Switch and because we were encouraged to sign up for a migration that was only going to be available for a short time, I'm now locked out of using the service on the two platforms I've actually played on. It feels like all the money I've spent on this game was a complete waste, and it feels worthless to keep playing on even one of the accounts.

• Like 5

So basically our Time, Money, and love for the game is being thrown to the trash... 

Like almost all of us have played EVERYTHING  ON THE GAME twice...

We have huge amount of hours/money spend in two different accounts, and all we get is DE communicating us that we will NOT be able to merge..

Sad days..

• Like 4

On 3/9/2024 at 2:23 AM, zCroszJ said:

So basically our Time, Money, and love for the game is being thrown to the trash... 

Like almost all of us have played EVERYTHING  ON THE GAME twice...

We have huge amount of hours/money spend in two different accounts, and all we get is DE communicating us that we will NOT be able to merge..

Sad days..

If they aren’t going to do anything for any of us, I sincerely hope others look at this thread and take it as warning. 

The thing that always sticks in my mind was a dev stream a long while ago where DE Steve said something to the effect of “player accounts are sacred.”

I always held on to that sentiment. Maybe that was never the case. It certainly doesn’t feel that way now.

Everyone in this situation has been juggled between DE support and the forums with no actual support or clarification.

support says “go to the forums.”

community team on forums says “go to support.”

devs stay silent.

I won’t support ANY game/company that treats their dedicated players like this.

Edited by MinimumWageMage
Spelling
  • Like 4

On 2024-02-22 at 10:53 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hi Tenno,

We want to clarify two things here:

1. Our stance and why we decided not to allow Merging if a Migration took place

2. Confusion on where/how to best share your feedback on the topic

The FAQ, for those who may not have seen, holds our stance and reasoning:

This was not a decision that was taken lightly during Cross Save development. We recognize that it’s frustrating for players who decided years ago to Migrate to be now limited in their Cross Platform Save options.

To address the second point, Support can assist with Cross Platform Save issues you encounter (missing items, error when linking etc), and the Forums are a place where we welcome your feedback and constructive suggestions. Apologies for the confusion on where the best place was to go to get clarification or provide your thoughts.

Thank you.

Heres the issue with it Megan: If you contact support they send you here, and now you send us BACK to support?

What if the people who want to have their progress on a platform they ACTUALLY played on to be merged???

I played for about 3 hours on the switch and a little over 50 hours on the PS5. I know which of the two i would RATHER have?
Why not give the option to delete the not wanted one?!

This is insane, and its no wonder the player numbers are falling in warframe. The players simply dont matter anymore....

I have supported and played this game since June in 2013, and have never, despite the decline of actual support in the last 6 years, uninstalled Warframe. That happened in december 2023. After having played for over 10 years. That really should ring alarm bells, your oldest and most loyal players are leaving the game, due to completly arbitrary decisions.

When will you start ACTUALLY listening to players? I saw so many post asking about merging earlier merged accounts, and we got NO answers, no polls, nothing.
Whoever thought the current version of Cross save is a good, needs to take a real good look at it. I am beyond angry at the amount of time and resources you have spent on this non functioning system!

(Lets not talk about how founders ONCE again got SHAFTED by a "Develoupment choice".... This has happened quite a fair bit in the last few years and at this point a time machine would be wished for with the ridicolus amount of shafting going on D:  )

Edited by Kaethill
  • Like 12

still radio silent ,they think after sometime we would forget it and move on

but anytime they realize some didnt enable crossave because of those hindering conditions

just let everyone merge however they like and bam no heat about crosssave/merge/link etc.

Thank you guys, both the Community and Dev teams. I genuinely am grateful for your responses.

I understand it isn’t an easy situation to manage logistically, and appreciate any effort given to understand our specific situations.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-18 at 10:57 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Here to provide an additional update to this conversation.

Regarding players losing purchases due to being ineligible for a Merge and therefore can only Link, the team is discussing a potential solution regarding respective purchased items. Still, more time is needed to discuss, implement, and test before we can share the specifics.

We will make a broader announcement once we have a more concrete plan of action in place. 

not to be an irritant but, can you also look into/ask on fixing the design council problems on forums? 

linked accounts merg and auto become the PC even if primary is selected to be another platform at merg /link (per support ticket) , in effect removing design council status on forums but merged ingame keeps this status and council chat, in effect eliminating our ability to participate in council activities on forums 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EternaldrkMako said:

not to be an irritant but, can you also look into/ask on fixing the design council problems on forums? 

linked accounts merg and auto become the PC even if primary is selected to be another platform at merg /link (per support ticket) , in effect removing design council status on forums but merged ingame keeps this status and council chat, in effect eliminating our ability to participate in council activities on forums 

I made a support ticket and they made my merged PC account a DC member.  Note that it took almost a month for them to get to the ticket.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SeekerLoki said:

I made a support ticket and they made my merged PC account a DC member.  Note that it took almost a month for them to get to the ticket.

they told me they refused to do it I have the whole ticket logged as telling me to just go post on forums  , how interesting 

• Like 1

On 2024-03-18 at 6:57 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Here to provide an additional update to this conversation.

Regarding players losing purchases due to being ineligible for a Merge and therefore can only Link, the team is discussing a potential solution regarding respective purchased items. Still, more time is needed to discuss, implement, and test before we can share the specifics.

We will make a broader announcement once we have a more concrete plan of action in place. 

I love that you dont answer any question we have AT ALL, dont care AT ALL..... Seams like DE has truly stopped caring about its players, and we have truly become DE's "Losers"

• Like 1

Zitat

Regarding players losing purchases due to being ineligible for a Merge

hope that means to be cosmetics bought with platinum in the ingame market not just real money purchases like prime access and stuff

would be nice if we can merge and at least keep our cosmetics ,thats where the most value lies

Edited by -PLM-Kiski73
  • Like 1

Also something for the time played and platinum invested as well. Just giving support the ability to mark an account merge eligible would be best. Require the duplicate account to be deleted first, but that's manageable by support.

Other solutions would be acceptable as well.

On 2024-03-25 at 2:42 PM, -PLM-Kiski73 said:

hope that means to be cosmetics bought with platinum in the ingame market not just real money purchases like prime access and stuff

would be nice if we can merge and at least keep our cosmetics ,thats where the most value lies

Dont count on it. DE has truly given up their best quality. Careing about players is no longer in their repitoire

• Like 2

Why did they even give us the option to migrate to switch? Seriously? I barely played on my switch after migrating, so now I'm forced to choose between the MANY hours and hundreds of dollars I've spent on my pc and xbox accounts. This is heartless, why give an option only to punish the playerbase en masse for taking it? Offering a half solution for ONLY purchases isn't enough, I would still lose over a thousand hours of my life that I've spent on this game if I let my pc account progress disappear.

• Like 5

What is the amount of time we can look for this to cook?  I worry this will get postponed far past Tennocon, not that every person ever is all hands on that, but the people required to make the decisions about what to do with those of us who got slighted for supporting DE when the console migrations were promoted to us, are likely busy with Tennocon themselves.

Like, look, even if a problem is had with how some of us have expressed frustration, you have to admit you yourselves would be upset in our positions too if because of a decision we made literal years ago impacted how we choose to play today.  And what I really want to convey is how frustrating it is when you guys were completely content with telling us we had no options until many of us complained for months.

• Like 4

they have enough other players who  support this game us few who are here for years or since the beginning arent as relevant to them anymore those few hundred doesnt make a difference to them if they loose us, thats how i feel treated right now almost 4 months are we waiting now and we know nothing ,promise after promise gets broken thats frustrating

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We are nearing a month since we last heard anything from DE now. Can we get an update/eta please? I understand this can take a bit of time, especially if the initial merge was kludgey but a "we haven't forgotten you/we're working on it still" post would certainly be appreciated.

• Like 2

On 2024-04-13 at 10:50 AM, Belmenel said:

We are nearing a month since we last heard anything from DE now. Can we get an update/eta please? I understand this can take a bit of time, especially if the initial merge was kludgey but a "we haven't forgotten you/we're working on it still" post would certainly be appreciated.

I second this, just a 'hey, we are working on this still' isn't unreasonable.

• Like 1

week more still no response, waiting without any knowledge is frustrating

just want to point out what we want if forgotten what this is about

we want to be able to merge PC-to-console migrated accounts with not related accounts

• Like 1

No update in today's Dev shorts from any questions in chat.

It probably would be a lot on DE's part, but at this point it would be nice to establish some some of group consisting of DE members and players that can get updates on all things cross-save feedback on a regular basis. There doesn't need to be a substanital update every time, but something that acknowledges that there is in fact progress happening would be nice. 

I've kind of conceded that this is a backburner priority for DE as they try to roll out new updates and put cross save in the past, but I still have a fraction of a sliver of hope that we can get something that at least compares our inventories and brings over non-matching items for a merge.

• Like 1