Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

I’m also on the list with this problem. If I’d known the switch merger would remove my ability to consolidate the oodles of progress on psn because friends didn’t have a pc, I would not have done so. Tried switch for a few days and decided I didn’t like it.

• Like 2

After waiting a month I got this, not really impressed I'd understand if I was trying to merge the account I created with my old one but it's a different account altogether 

[DE]DhaileToday at 05:02
Hello Darkrapid, 

Apologies for the delay in responding to your request, we are currently experiencing an extremely high volume of tickets. Thank you so much for your request and your patience with us!

Please be informed that since you had previously used this PC account Darkrapid to perform a PC-to-console account migration over to the Nintendo Switch, it is not eligible for this iteration of a one-time Account Merge.

As per our Cross-Platform overview:
Accounts involved in migration cannot be remerged into each other or Merged into any other account due to another version of the account and its inventory existing.
As of the moment, there is no option for us to circumvent this limitation or make the account eligible for Account Merge. Sorry we couldn't be of more help but we hope you can still explore the option for Account Link.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • Like 4

On 2023-12-21 at 10:19 AM, ratchetgamma said:

still no official responses on this topic, not even a "No you are just screwed" from higher ups I wonder if anyone has even seen this as the issue it doesn't need to be...

They just answered my ticket on losing 400 days worth of progress and that pretty much sums up what they told me.

• Like 3

i dont understand why its not possible to merge to an unrelated account .. but block both original and migrated account not to merge

just let everyone merge and everyone would be happy

linking is for someone who played only 1 platform or who doesnt understand the difference between linking or merging

i dont wanna miss anything on either platform even if its migrated or not

• Like 2

make sure to put in a support ticket. And when they close it with a bs excuse and apology, reopen it with the note that the issue hasnt been addressed, and the 'duplicate inventory' line is an outright lie if trying to merge unrelated accounts.

curious how many tickets are allready sent about this topic regarding merge with migrated accounts

100? 1000? or even more ?

thats such an oversight regarding DE and they said themselve merging is the intend way ,nothing about any restrictions till cutoff day which was way to late to announce such thing

• Like 2

On 2024-01-14 at 6:47 PM, Dragondude3 said:

They responded to your ticket?  I've had an open ticket for a month now that has only gotten a couple automated response about high volume.  One on the 22nd last month and another on the 2nd.

This is frustrating to hear... I'm literally unable to trade with anyone because of merging issues and had to put a ticket in. Knowing this may go 1+ month without response makes me consider just quitting and back charging purchases made. I hope you get a response on your ticket soon!

Edited by Stelthmastr
I hope you get a response on your ticket soon!
  • Like 2

I ran into this warning as well. DE is pretty good at addressing their mistakes and while I am disheartened, I am also optimistic that they will realize what they have done here and offer a way to delete the copied account we don't want to merge. After all, they explain the whole point is the two copies of one account existing. They don't want you to have twice the gear for free. Seeing as it is possible for them to reset accounts if you message support about it, it should be possible to fix this. I'm holding off enabling cross save until they address this. Or at the very least let us unlink our copied switch account and use a different nintendo account if it's a coding issue.

• Like 2

Yep, just got a reply to my ticket stating that - "Unfortunately, no, deleting the Switch account doesn't change the eligibility for Merging. At the moment, there is no plan to change this restriction."
So basically, goodbye to my entire PC account I guess, because of a Switch account I've literally never used.

• Like 2

If DE cant figure out whats the issue then they should probably ask another dev company on how to fix the issue or something. This is very annoying to have zero response to all of us who played the switch just to test it out and most of us probably didnt continue playing on it. This here just shows how much they dont kno what they were doing when it came to cross save. 

• Like 2

On 2024-01-19 at 5:01 PM, Stelthmastr said:

This is frustrating to hear... I'm literally unable to trade with anyone because of merging issues and had to put a ticket in. Knowing this may go 1+ month without response makes me consider just quitting and back charging purchases made. I hope you get a response on your ticket soon!

Oh they did almost right after I made that post to complain about them not responding to my ticket.  Pretty much said because the PC account was part of migration it does not get merge at all.  Does not matter if the switch account was removed or not.  Like if I had a separate PSN account and my xbox  account I'd be able to merge those and then delete the PC and switch account with linking but I would never be able to merge the xbox account into PC or switch because they participated in migration.

I started trading all the stuff off my xbox account to a friend.  Not everything everything just the important stuff since that is a lot of mods, relics, and what not and I'd be trading for the rest of my life on just those.  It is still pretty much deleting almost two years of stuff since my PC could barely run the game over that time so I rarely played on it.  My PC account now has all but a few items I got on xbox.  Mainly the saturn six mask that has a 2% drop chance from the wolf that never dropped for me on PC.  I do get super disheartened every time I look at the xbox account and see just how much is going to be deleted since they seem dead set on this choice and refuse to acknowledge it since they snuck that change into the F.A.Q. after most people had read it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Belmenel said:

Would definitely reply and reopen the ticket, that isn't an acceptable response in the current situation.

I agree, and have reopened it, but expect no changes.

Like at the very least I would hope that I could have the platinum and Heirloom collection that I bought on my PC account after account merge was announced attributed to my PS4 account considering I bought them under the expectation that I would be able to merge those two accounts.

I would still be upset at all the other stuff I'm losing because of this, like raid costmetics and other currently unobtainable stuff, but it would at least soften the blow.

I think the worst part about this whole thing is that I can't help but blame myself for doing the switch migration all those years ago, even though DE actively encouraged usage of that feature and I could never have predicted this result considering at the time, DE said account merging wasn't a possibility for Warframe.

It just feels really bad.

• Like 4

Hi tenno,

I'm looking for some support or ideas to solve the situation I'm in.

tl;dr: I migrated to PSN, was banned on PSN, returned to PC, started again on Xbox and now I cannot merge my accounts. I talked to support and they told me no exceptions.

---

Years ago, I was playing Warframe on PC, but my graphics card was really bad and I had a PS4 in hand, so when they opened the PC to Console migration, I rushed in and abandoned my PC account and started playing on my PS4.

Years later, I sold my old PS3 without unlinking my account on the PSN website, so I got banned from PSN when that person decided to do some illegal things with the PS3. I lost all my games and also all my progress on Warframe since the migration. I returned to the PC and kept playing for years…

When the pandemic started, I decided to start a fresh account on my Xbox to test how the game treated new players on Warframe and looking to the future, I started farming the things I didn’t have on my main account.

Last year, they announced the Heirloom Bundle and the cross save, so I was very excited and bought the Heirloom Bundle on my Xbox and prepared my Mag Prime to join his mate Frost Prime on PC when they get together at last with cross save…

In December, they opened it and then I found out that I couldn’t merge my accounts because of that one time I migrated to console.

I contacted support, telling them the whole story, and they told me that there are no exceptions to the rule. They also told me that accounts cannot be merged, so if I want to merge my Xbox account, I have to merge it with another PC account.

So either I lose one of my accounts or I end up with two accounts.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance fellow tenno.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MetaLan said:

Hi tenno,

I'm looking for some support or ideas to solve the situation I'm in.

tl;dr: I migrated to PSN, was banned on PSN, returned to PC, started again on Xbox and now I cannot merge my accounts. I talked to support and they told me no exceptions.

---

Years ago, I was playing Warframe on PC, but my graphics card was really bad and I had a PS4 in hand, so when they opened the PC to Console migration, I rushed in and abandoned my PC account and started playing on my PS4.

Years later, I sold my old PS3 without unlinking my account on the PSN website, so I got banned from PSN when that person decided to do some illegal things with the PS3. I lost all my games and also all my progress on Warframe since the migration. I returned to the PC and kept playing for years…

When the pandemic started, I decided to start a fresh account on my Xbox to test how the game treated new players on Warframe and looking to the future, I started farming the things I didn’t have on my main account.

Last year, they announced the Heirloom Bundle and the cross save, so I was very excited and bought the Heirloom Bundle on my Xbox and prepared my Mag Prime to join his mate Frost Prime on PC when they get together at last with cross save…

In December, they opened it and then I found out that I couldn’t merge my accounts because of that one time I migrated to console.

I contacted support, telling them the whole story, and they told me that there are no exceptions to the rule. They also told me that accounts cannot be merged, so if I want to merge my Xbox account, I have to merge it with another PC account.

So either I lose one of my accounts or I end up with two accounts.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance fellow tenno.

Yeah, I also have this problem. Not looking too good so far, they have been silent for almost a month

Edited by MinimumWageMage
Spelling
  • Like 3

If it's the duplicate account causing the issue why not just say they can delete it, merge the two accounts and you can use them on all platforms then, I wouldn't mind I'm just trying to collect prime accessories and my old pc account has the ember ones and a few other bits I don't want to lose and I definitely don't want to have to buy them twice for no reason 

• Like 3

On 2024-01-13 at 12:44 AM, Morgawse said:

I think you are placing too much blame on support. The limitation is probably technical, like the DB only has a migrated flag Y/N value without any context making merges impossible without some heavy lifting and testing, hardly something support is able to fix.... I think expecting support to then to add items and cosmetics as they look or compare accounts - essentially do a manual merge - is not a reasonable request or expectation.

Im not asking for a manual merge at this point. I am asking for the cosmetic emblem you got from Law of Retribution. It does not affect my mastery in any way. I legit want to show loyalty to a game that is actively screwing over people who have played for years. I know support is able to place items in inventories if you can prove that you had it or didnt receive it. And for the question to be dodged without looking back is incredibly insulting. 

On 2024-01-16 at 6:14 PM, -PLM-Kiski73 said:

simple just let unrelated accounts merge (not original and migrated account back together)

Thats honestly how they made it seem before they went back and changed the original webpage for it. They really baited and switched a lot of us

• Like 1

There are a ton of ways they could handle this that would be appropriate, including just telling us that unique situations would be addressed after the phased mess is done. Instead, we get silence, lies, and excuses.

• Like 4

I'm also experiencing this issue.

I walked away from Warframe after being a veteran of roughly 6-7 years because I burnt out trying to regrind everything I had on Xbox. When I transitioned to PC, after playing on Xbox for about 4-5 years, they had previously made statements indicating that account merges would never be possible due to platform restrictions. This is why I felt comfortable transferring my newly made PC account to the Switch, just in case I wanted to play the game while on vacation/business trips, though that never happened.

I only launched the game on Switch one time, but I still did it with full confidence that I was supporting DE in their endeavor to reach new platforms. It felt like I was helping them reach new audiences, even if I didn't actually use the cross-platform feature at all. I even remember thinking, "Maybe this will help them figure out how to do merges at some point..." LOL

Low and behold, they're now possible, but because I wanted to check out their new shiny cross-platform save feature on the Switch YEARS ago, I must either moan and complain until an acknowledgment is made, or choose to completely erase my history with the game on Xbox. I've been slapped in the face by the same company I thought I was supporting.

Logically, I understand that some things are more complicated to accomplish than they're worth, but my recently renewed interest in the game has been completely soured by this false hope they've given out. If my time invested is not worth the technical effort it would take to administer methods that can successfully merge these accounts, then I can't imagine they value any of the time I have, or would have, put into the game on PC. 

They've created a half-baked solution to a fundamental problem in their ecosystem. They seem to have just assumed it would go over well, or that the vocal minority of us that suffer as a result will be too few to have any impact on their day-to-day operations. Unfortunately, this is very likely to be true, so I can't imagine we will ever see solutions for this that benefit all players. It's always been like pulling teeth with this company to include features/adjustments that the community wants/would benefit from. After all, for every one of us that leaves the game because of how they've neglected those that previously migrated, there will be two more that spend time, money, and effort regrinding what is still available. As a business, that's a loss they're going to be more than willing to take. 

At the very least, I'm glad this happened before I got sucked back into playing Warframe again. Now, it's so much easier for me to go be a drop in the bucket for some other company that does a better job of maintaining the illusion of player respect.

• Like 2

If they dont fix this issue i will never play warframe again. Im in the same boat, migrated my pc account to switch, played a little bit and havent touched it in years. now account merge is a thing and i can just say goodbye to my ps4 account.  like ffs just dont let me merge the switch account to the pc account, its not that complicated logically.

but yeah, no fix and im just writing warframe off, i've spent far too much time and money on this game to take the bs. i dont expect my comment will change anything, just adding to the disatisfaction. i was so excited because it seemed like DE was doing it right, turns out they dont care if they force you to let them take the money and run.

Edited by AutomaticFiend
  • Like 2

I started on ps4 a decade ago, and eventually switched to pc, as it's my primary system. I was only on ps4 to play with friends. Have been hoping for a merge since i switched. Instead, im just getting screwed, while they use a lie about duplicates to excuse it.

• Like 1