Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

Im really annoyed i can't merge my pc account with my xbox account because of a switch account i only played for a couple of minutes. I would be down with being given the option to delete my account off the switch to free up the problem

• Like 8

On 2024-01-06 at 6:13 PM, cloudandroid said:

I did a switch migration when it was announced because I wanted to try out Warframe on the switch and keep my progress but performance on the switch was lacking so I don't play on the Switch anymore. However, because of that past decision that was made without knowing a big cross-save merge was going to happen in the future I am unable to merge my main two accounts.

Thanks for nothing DE

3 hours ago, MinimumWageMage said:

cross-save just reopened with no changes to merging policy. Honestly pretty ridiculous.

I think that's it for me. If they make changes I’ll see you guys then. GL.

well considering cross linking is sticking around i have nothing to lose by just ignoring this game again for the next decade.

ill go back to wasting money on other games since this was literally the only thing tempting me into playing on the pc that is my primary platform again.

they just made it easy for a lot of players to not bother coming back lol.

• Like 3

Same boat here. I migrated my pc to switch when it released, just to support and give it a shot, and never played it again. Now this innocent choice is haunting me and stopping me from merging my pc and xbox accounts. If this is truly never fixed, i just cant see myself playing warframe anymore. I was really excited to play again once i merged my accounts and cosmetics.

• Like 2

Not only was the Switch account just for fiddlding arround a few times, but it also it killed my ability to merge my PC and Xbox account now, nice. Several tounsands of hours playtime and Prime Access packs down the toilet.

• Like 6

I'm pretty disappointed in my cross save experience so far due to not really being eligible to participate thanks to a previous PC-to-Console migration on Switch. The decision makes some sense (copying over an already duplicated inventory would have been a MASSIVE increase in resources for me, personally), but this whole time I had been under the impression that this issue was something that was known and being considered as cross-save was being developed. I had a period where I only played on Switch because I no longer had a PC, but then switched back to playing on PC once that option was available again. It feels like an edge case, but it's still a bummer that I can't carry over the differences between my inventories to finally everything I earned all in one place.

What also was surprising was the lack of communication about this all the way up until implementing cross-save. According to the wayback machine, right up until around the December 18 rollout, there was no mention of the eligibility for accounts that already did a PC-to-Console account migration. 

A snapshot was taken of the FAQ on December 8, 2023, having no mention of PC-to-Switch account merging: https://web.archive.org/web/20231208232545/https://www.warframe.com/crossprogression

The next available snapshot on December 19, 2023, shows that an update was made to the page:
https://web.archive.org/web/20231208232545/https://www.warframe.com/crossprogression

These snapshots also don't represent exactly when an update to the cross progression FAQ was made, but they do show that they added a good amount of information at some point close to rollout.

Overall, I'm glad that cross progression is finally here along with crossplay and trading! I wanted to just give my feedback on what my personal experience has been like so far. Hopefully a solution for these kinds of cases can happen in the future, otherwise I think I'll have to see about just trading myself from my Switch account 😂

• Like 7

Ive already seen a ton of posts in the same boat as us. I even reached out to support and was basically told "tough luck" and that Im screwed even for my items that arent in the game anymore. It feels like a massive bait and switch that came out of nowhere and punishes players who were guinea pigs to migrate. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Little-Profesor said:

Ive already seen a ton of posts in the same boat as us. I even reached out to support and was basically told "tough luck" and that Im screwed even for my items that arent in the game anymore. It feels like a massive bait and switch that came out of nowhere and punishes players who were guinea pigs to migrate. 

Keep making noise guys, this issue isn’t going anywhere and they NEED to make concessions to the people who keep their game alive.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

Not only was the Switch account just for fiddlding arround a few times, but it also it killed my ability to merge my PC and Xbox account now, nice. Several tounsands of hours playtime and Prime Access packs down the toilet.

Yeah, if this is how they treat accounts with tenure, then they don’t care about anyone’s accounts. Not even founders apparently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MinimumWageMage said:

Not even founders apparently. 

Nope, founders to DE mean jack, granted im not a grand master but i still backed this game when there was a sea of F2P trash at the time.

And now my founder account is burned because of the nintendo switch.... thanks DE thanks, i could understand if i was trying to merge my switch account with my pc account which is "technically the same account".

but my xbox account isn't connected to my pc or switch account and isnt even using the same email addrss, so for I think maybe a couple of minutes of play time on the switch im now burned.

And yeah part of this is i really would like to keep my Disciple tag

Edited by Dabnician
  • Like 2

DE did a one time merge with switch and pc but now its not letting those who did try out the switch version to not allow us to merge our other accounts with pc because its saying we already did a merge when we tried out the switch version.

Edited by Xefrexo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, (XBOX)MidlifeGamerAce said:

It does not even give me the option to link only to Merge and I do not want to merge my Xbox and PC accounts I want to Merge my Xbox and PlayStation accounts so why not have you link the accounts before you merge them. I understand what the difference between linking and merging is that is why I want to merge my Xbox and PlayStation accounts cause unlike my PC account my PlayStation account actually has a lot of stuff. Why not allow you to merge all of your accounts togethet at the same time instead of only being able to merge a PC account with your account on only 1 of the other 3 platforms

It lets me choose Xbox as the main account for progression but merging with an account that literally has nothing does me no good

15 minutes ago, DasCalamity said:

Would you mind explaining better about what you did and what happened. Giving DE understanding will help them so they can fix this.

While this is a good sentiment, they know exactly what the issue is. The oldest and most viewed thread about it was locked by a moderator weeks ago.

• Like 3

it sucks as that people that made a copy of there account to Switch to test it to see if the Portable version of warframe work (and all do lower res it bloody work and was one hell of a goal done by DE and the team supporting the port,) it sucks as a silly lil thin came back to bite us by blocking are account from merging like this, i cant remember fully but you think they WARN people if they copy the account it Stop the potential account merge in the future i'm not even looking to merge my main and switch accounts as i cant be pained to Level a 3rd account 2 is a fair amount of time and work as it is . 

was just looking forward to been able to consolidate all my work and time into the one account and keep my Founder account, it still not making sense to me why we cant link are none duped account to my other account i had to use when my gaming pc died and had to play on Psn for some years

PC account: Mastery Rank: 25 (Hunter founder)

of Days Logged in: 734

Date Account Created: Feb 4th 2013

PSN account Mastery Rank: 24

of Days Logged in: 829

Date Account Created: Nov 29th 2013

that 1563 days (about to be 1564 days) of my time and literally years of my life playing the game and one silly lil account copy with no stipulation is preventing people of doing the time limited account merge, it upsetting ya know, 

and that dam Rule was only added a day after the mergers started , I hope de let people merge there accounts bar the copied account before the time limit go's by, it is making so many player moderate to vet to Old guards upset and a kind of a bad move for there rep

Edited by ZeonBreaker
  • Like 5

I migrated my PC account to Switch back when I was like, MR3. I was tiny. I just did it because it would save me a few hours or whatever. Had I known this when Switch was released there's no way I would have migrated I'd have just started fresh. Even if I had hundreds of hours on PC I still would have done the same if I knew there was no chance of a merge in the future. I played on Switch for hundreds of hours before finally seeing Cross Save w/ migration was coming about a year ago. I figured since I could migrate I'd go ahead and restart on PC. I purposefully didn't get many frames/weapons that I loved because I was just going to get migrated, so I'd go ahead and get ones that I was missing. I logged into my old account because why not, again, save me a few hours. What a mistake that was. I could have, again, created a fresh account on PC and restarted.

I've spent a couple hundred bucks on PC and a couple hundred on Switch on plat and/or prime access. And now I'm SOL because this wasn't communicated effectively. I'm sitting on two fairly distinct sets of frames/weapons/etc and not being able to merge them is heartbreaking. 

The silence on the matter is even worse. Nothing to us except "too bad". There has to be something that DE can do here for us. Even if it's not a priority right now. I wish they'd just have a dialogue. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xefrexo said:

DE did a one time merge with switch and pc but now its not letting those who did try out the switch version to not allow us to merge our other accounts with pc because its saying we already did a merge when we tried out the switch version.

And it was specifically called a migration and at the time we were told cross save was impossible so the best we’d get was this. 

• Like 3

I honestly believe this was some unforeseen thing that popped up as founders first transferred and so they updated the faq to include this as a limit..imo they should have said something about discovering an issue and they’ll work on it asap but want to iron out and get it working in general too so to please be patient if an older player or that it legitimately cannot be solved due to coding issues.

But absolutely silence is not ok

• Like 3

Another long list of disappointments. Originally I thought that the migrated accounts could be merged (IE if you migrated to Switch you couldn't use the Switch Account)

But nope, can't merge my PC account because of this. Was wanting to merge my accounts a long time ago when they did the Twitch Prime Drops for the Nekros Prime but I guess I won't.

I'm probably done playing this game. This hurts.

• Like 4

Is there by any chance a way after the cross save system for people to request the deletion of a migrated account that is Preventing the merge and not been played at all, to enable the original account to merge with the desired non duplicated account or has the cross save system added an extra Complication after the cross save system was implemented that is preventing the safe deletion of the migrated account ?

as more info was added and Just wondering / looking for more information if any can be told as not the smartest person and just need some more clarification please.

be nice if there was a way for this to be done but if there is a complication via the change to cross save just to be informed for me and others please

,thanks for you time reading the post

• Like 6

Many in the community, myself included, have been addressing this issue but there have been no responses that I'm aware of from DE. All we can do is keep b****ing about it as loud as we can until someone gets a response.

Edited by Riku-Caboose
  • Like 6