The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I copied my PC account to make a Switch account years ago, and as a result, now I cannot merge my Xbox account to my PC account?

.2B.

Surely this isn't intended right? The language for merged accounts makes it sound like the copied accounts can't be merged, but my Xbox account was completely fresh, in fact it was the first place I played the game, so it's impossible.

If this IS intended, then I literally lost the option to be able to merge because I copied my data on one platform.

Please advise on what to do, I don't want to lose years of progress.

Thanks

• Like 15

1 minute ago, WolfLycan said:

I'm in the exact same boat. Even worse cause I migrated it to switch when I didn't even really play on pc (MR2 at the time), and now I'm LR1 on pc but can't merge with my xbox account because of the switch migration.

Literally none of my accounts can be merged.

PC, PSN, Switch, or Xbox.

• Like 9

I'm in this exact situation.  I can't merge my Xbox into my PC, because I copied to Switch long ago.  I have almost as much progress on Xbox as PC, and tons of currency I've paid for.  This is ridiculous.  I'd be happy to delete my Switch account (copy).

• Like 11

Same boat on my pc account. I transferred to my switch and now i cannot merge my xbox account which i've been playing on alot recently. I am tempted to open a new pc account to merge with but am worried about losing steam purchases such as the rubedo skin and new cumulus set since i need to login to unsync steam and pc accounts.

Edited by (PSN)Sorrior
  • Like 8

Adding my frustrations to the Pile. At the time I was a WF Partner and creatwd the account to help promote and spread the game. Now im unable to merge My first WF account on Xbox to my PC account that has far surpassed its progress. 

I dont want any consoles stuff but Xbox. 

• Like 8

All u can do in this situation is link accounts.

ELIGIBILITY FOR ONE-TIME ACCOUNT MERGE

Only accounts created before November 24 at 2 p.m. ET that did not previously undergo a PC-to-console account migration will be eligible to Merge. Any Warframe account that was previously involved in a PC-to-console account migration to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch is ineligible for a One-Time Account Merge. However, these accounts can still be Linked normally and participate in Cross Platform Save.

In all past account migrations, copies of the original accounts were created for the newly introduced platform. This means that any migrated account has two versions in existence. Previously these existed in separate ecosystems, but with Cross Platform Save they occupy a single Warframe ecosystem.

Accounts involved in migration cannot be remerged into each other or Merged into any other account due to another version of the account and its existing inventory.

While these accounts cannot be Merged, they can still take part in Account Linking. Selecting the Warframe account you wish to prioritize as your Primary Account will allow you to access it across all platforms.

• Like 3

While I don't have a Switch myself I hope this is unintended and is going to be fixed. This is really not cool. While probably less of the other platforms, Switch is newer and had the interesting bonus of being able to be mobile so a LOT more people copied to switch. One of my friends went main there at one point but then as newer content came out, the player base was less, and the game was not running well so they stopped playing. They were hoping to come back with the merge and this might be a real egg on their face after all this time.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral said:

Only accounts created before November 24 at 2 p.m. ET that did not previously undergo a PC-to-console account migration will be eligible to Merge. Any Warframe account that was previously involved in a PC-to-console account migration to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch is ineligible for a One-Time Account Merge. However, these accounts can still be Linked normally and participate in Cross Platform Save.

In all past account migrations, copies of the original accounts were created for the newly introduced platform. This means that any migrated account has two versions in existence. Previously these existed in separate ecosystems, but with Cross Platform Save they occupy a single Warframe ecosystem.

Accounts involved in migration cannot be remerged into each other or Merged into any other account due to another version of the account and its existing inventory.

While these accounts cannot be Merged, they can still take part in Account Linking. Selecting the Warframe account you wish to prioritize as your Primary Account will allow you to access it across all platforms.

Ya know. I read this like 5 times and the Switch account copying didnt register in my head as a console Merge. Now idk what to do

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral said:

That information wasn't in the FAQ on release of it. They snuck it in a few days later. I'm not spending another dollar on this game until they reverse it entirely. I encourage others to do the same.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral said:

Yeah i think many read it(and especially the original version) as not being a universal flag but just for the account/system the original transfer was to and from. Meaning we assumed we could still merge with other accounts. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Sorrior said:

Yeah i think many read it(and especially the original version) as not being a universal flag but just for the account/system the original transfer was to and from. Meaning we assumed we could still merge with other accounts. 

I 100% understand I was not able to do that the first time around and yeah it would have been nice if some things were discussed so much earlier.

• Like 2

the problem on hand no one would have guessed back then that cross save would be possible in the future

so many migrated there accounts to another console thinking neat i got progress on a new system i dont have to start over

now years later everyone who did that back than cant participated in any of the merge options as long as any account was involved in PC-to-Console migrate

and Never was it mentioned beforhand that those accounts wernt eligible just only on that date 24 november with the FAQ that those arent allowed

and reason later was it added why because of some copy problem than delete the 1 copy we dont want anymore and everybody would be happy

everyone could merge there accounts

• Like 5

Same boat here, poor decision to have previous merged accounts blocked. You actually now get punished for supporting the game on release across platforms. Well played.

Not only did PC players who merged to switch etc bring a market into that system it created hype and plat purchases for relics/frames that otherwise wouldn’t of existed on that platform.

Edited by ScouserChris
  • Like 4

This really doesn't make sense.  I can understand not allowing the clone account to merge, but why effectively lock both the original and clone accounts?  When I cloned my PC account to switch, it didn't say anything about making the account invalid for some future feature.  So because I tried out a new platform, I'm to be punished?

• Like 8

I would hope this is just the sort of thing that the 'drip gate' is intended to catch.

I can't imagine that this is how it's intended to be, locking people out of one or more of their accounts because it was involved in a migration years before cross save or account merging was even a conceptual possibility.

I'm not bothered by the idea of losing my Switch account, as I duplicated it years ago and haven't touched it since, but losing my PC account from 2014, just because I made the reasonable decision to copy it to Switch when given the opportunity, is ridiculous. 

I have a PS4 account with more story and MR progress than my PC account which I intend on keeping as my 'main' but I can't lose my PC account and all it contains.

I was eager to get back into WF with all of the content I aquired across both my PC and PS4 accounts, but if I'm unable to merge them, I don't know if I'd have the motivation to continue at all to be honest.

I hope DE addresses this sooner rather than later.

• Like 8