The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I copied my PC account to make a Switch account years ago, and as a result, now I cannot merge my Xbox account to my PC account?

.2B.

Really bummed I ported my PC account to switch ages ago, for the novelty in hindsight, and now I can't merge my Xbox account with my PC.

I was hoping the chance to finally reunite with my Xbox save would get me back in again. Looks like I will be staying away for good if this is their decision

• Like 4

I'm in a similar boat, and I'm not happy about this either.

I submitted a ticket to see if there's anything that could be done, considering I've played on the switch one time after the initial cloning for sheer novelty.

Haven't played on switch since then, and I'd rather just nuke the switch account if it means I can port all of my xbox stuff to the account I now use the most.

• Like 4

Adding my voice to the chorus. 

10 years ago we were told we were never going to see cross play or cross save. So I did the one time copy of PC to Xbox. Now that it is a thing, I can't get my merge and I'm heartbroken at the least. Had this news been made known to me 10 years ago I would've started fresh. Really hoping this thread gets looked at by them because hoenstly I'm feeling hella mad since I looked so forward to this update.

image.png?ex=6596d2ad&is=65845dad&hm=08b

image.png?ex=6596d2ae&is=65845dae&hm=498

• Like 7

I’m in the same boat. I cloned my account to the Switch years ago, and that apparently was a one-time-console merge which I find baffling, given it wasn’t described that way at the time.

I haven’t touched my Switch account in years as my PC is my main account, and I did the merge today with my PC, Switch and PlayStation accounts and all the data on the other accounts was lost and not transferred.

Very cringe that I lost the chance to merge my PlayStation account because of this :((

• Like 3

2 hours ago, .2B. said:

I am just done playing anymore if the decision isn't reversed. I recommend others do the same.

I'm probably facing the same.
Not out of an act of defiance, simply because this news has killed my motivation for Warframe.

I can't bear to lose either of my accounts, they each have so much that the other doesn't.
I wish I'd never migrated to the Switch, I didn't even use my WF account there after the migration.

1 hour ago, PrettyOdd said:

I'm in a similar boat, and I'm not happy about this either.

I submitted a ticket to see if there's anything that could be done, considering I've played on the switch one time after the initial cloning for sheer novelty.

Haven't played on switch since then, and I'd rather just nuke the switch account if it means I can port all of my xbox stuff to the account I now use the most.

I would urge everyone who reads this to do the same as this user and submit a support ticket through Warframe's website.

Outline your problem clearly including the fact that you are not looking to benefit from a duplicated account, but that a migrated account is preventing you from merging your seperately created accounts, and that this can't be a fair solution to the issue of potentially duplicated accounts.

Edited by noobneutraliser
spelling
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, noobneutraliser said:

I'm probably facing the same.
Not out of an act of defiance, simply because this news has killed my motivation for Warframe.

I can't bear to lose either of my accounts, they each have so much that the other doesn't.
I wish I'd never migrated to the Switch, I didn't even use my WF account there after the migration.

I would urge everyone who reads this to do the same as this user and submit a support ticket through Warframe's website.

Outline your problem clearly including the fact that you are not looking to benefit from a duplicated account, but that a migrated account is preventing you from merging your seperately created accounts, and that this can't be a fair solution to the issue of potentially duplicated accounts.

I do not understand how they are pushing the cross save without communicating to us at all

• Like 6

add to the boat, copyed main pc account safe to switch to test the switch version of warframe ,did not expect it to years later  stop me Merging my main pc account to my psn account (MR 25 and MR26 on each) was so happy to see it say cross save and merge was in testing for founder and limited time open test for all player for a limited time,

not sure how much extra work it be for de/warframe dev teams if they can Make it so it know what you copy to and disallow it, and allow you to Link to no cloned accounts

and/or better yet let you link to the account you copy to and Never player and Nuke it, then allow you to Merge and Unique accounts to you main pc account,

Hopefully they will see are sadness, and maybe even just answer or some other solution  (the stipulation on the past copy accounts get disallowed from the merge was not in the list last time i had checked it till i tryed the merge today) was so Looking forward to having my Wisp and Ivara i work so much on and played when i was force to play on ps4/5 when my main gaming pc died in about the Nekros update, 

well here to hoping some sort of solution or compromise can be made in some way, 

• Like 1

I’d gladly nuke the Switch account if I could, not that I have much progress on the PS4 account but I would have liked a merge. Seems like a thing that could be allowed by having us link copied accounts first. They’re the same account after all, linking and then merging should be less of an issue. I don’t work for DE though, so who knows.

• Like 1

Anyone knows if this will also affect users that duplicated their Playstation account to Switch back then , cause I did that myself. even though I basically never played the switch version beyond the novelty of trying it (heck, I actually borrowed a switch at work to migrate and test it, I don't even own a Switch lol, which makes the whole ordeal even more stupid)... I was basically anticipating owning a switch one day and taking advantage of that one time opportunity to duplicate my account on Switch and be able to play there.

In my case I had no intention to merge my PS4 account anyway, so it's not a big deal, but I'll still gladly fight for my Tenno brothers on that one !

Edited by (PSN)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Anyone knows if this will also affect users that duplicated their Playstation account to Switch back then , cause I did that myself. even though I basically never played the switch version beyond the novelty of trying it (heck, I actually borrowed a switch at work to migrate and test it, I don't even own a Switch lol, which makes the whole ordeal even more stupid)... I was basically anticipating owning a switch one day and taking advantage of that one time opportunity to duplicate my account on Switch and be able to play there.

In my case I had no intention to merge my PS4 account anyway, so it's not a big deal, but I'll still gladly fight for my Tenno brothers on that one !

Yes, any account that was ever involved in an account migration is restricted from merging with any other account.

• Like 2

I'm about to give up on this. My only holdup at this point is the heirloom pack, and waiting until January for the inevitable "we are not going to allow your accounts to merge" removes any chance of me buying it again. I don't know that I'll even bother. I was already prepared to lose my PC account before the merge announcement, and I had already purchased the pack. I've traded all my unique items to friends, so I'll just pick it up again. I'll have to farm out some items again, but it won't be unbearable. 

The whole situation sucks, because so many of us were blindsided with the updated merge terms. We're missing out on an amazing opportunity because we have unplayed clone accounts. I'll give it till this afternoon for a response, but I'm not hopeful after reading all of these posts.

4 minutes ago, mrflublesworth said:

I'm about to give up on this. My only holdup at this point is the heirloom pack, and waiting until January for the inevitable "we are not going to allow your accounts to merge" removes any chance of me buying it again. I don't know that I'll even bother. I was already prepared to lose my PC account before the merge announcement, and I had already purchased the pack. I've traded all my unique items to friends, so I'll just pick it up again. I'll have to farm out some items again, but it won't be unbearable. 

The whole situation sucks, because so many of us were blindsided with the updated merge terms. We're missing out on an amazing opportunity because we have unplayed clone accounts. I'll give it till this afternoon for a response, but I'm not hopeful after reading all of these posts.

I wouldn't give up just yet, there still hasn't been any response by DE and I can't imagine that's because they haven't seen the posts, considering how popular they've been regarding this issue.

Just hold out a bit longer, if you wait until merging is over, you lose nothing.
But if you link your accounts now, and they do end up retracting the restriction, then you've at best set yourself up for a long wait in Warframe support, or at worst erased one of your accounts irreversably. 

Digital Extremes have always been good at resolving large community issue like these and I have faith that they will try their best to find a fair resolution.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, noobneutraliser said:

I wouldn't give up just yet, there still hasn't been any response by DE and I can't imagine that's because they haven't seen the posts, considering how popular they've been regarding this issue.

Just hold out a bit longer, if you wait until merging is over, you lose nothing.
But if you link your accounts now, and they do end up retracting the restriction, then you've at best set yourself up for a long wait in Warframe support, or at worst erased one of your accounts irreversably. 

Digital Extremes have always been good at resolving large community issue like these and I have faith that they will try their best to find a fair resolution.

That's what I'm really hoping for DE has very rarely led players astray. Any other company I would've lost hope for but I think DE has a good track record.

• Like 1

Literally in the same boat, wanted to merge my PC and PS accounts, but thanks to the Switch (Just to see the novelty of playing on it) I am boned. Has anybody heard back about this yet?

It stings as I have bought Prime packs on both PC and PS.

DapBTs7VwAAppNw.jpg

Edited by Satahrma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, noobneutraliser said:

If I hold out with the hope that I'll get my heirloom collection over, and don't purchase it on Xbox, but then they don't let us merge, I'm out the heirloom pack.

If I just go ahead with the link now, I still have time to buy the heirloom pack. 

If I buy the pack on Xbox and then get a merge, I've wasted another $90, and I don't get to do cross save during my break from my master's program. I won't really have time again until next September. 

For me, the link now is just lower risk than a potential merge later (which based on the updated wording in the FAQ, seems unlikely).

On 2023-12-19 at 10:43 PM, .2B. said:

That information wasn't in the FAQ on release of it. They snuck it in a few days later. I'm not spending another dollar on this game until they reverse it entirely. I encourage others to do the same.

Exactly. This wasn't on the page on release, and now nobody saw it until we tried linking. I have plat and Tennogen on my PS version and I don't want to lose those because I transferred my PC to my Switch years back and play on that. I guess I'm not returning to Warframe despite me quitting 3 years ago specifically awaiting cross save to have a playable experience after the Switch version went to crap due to not being able to handle all the updates.

On 2023-12-20 at 7:42 PM, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

you can link but only the stuff from the primary will stay but i know thats not what u want to hear

I mean, it seems more like a technical issue than just a ruleset. And it's very frustrating. I was waiting 3 years to get back into the game and play the game on a console that doesn't make it look like pong. The worst part is this will likely not be possible to change. And if it is, it won't be for a very long time. I guess I'm not returning to Warframe. It's a shame since I really want to. But after so many updates, the Switch version is so blurry is gives me headaches.

On 2023-12-20 at 11:32 PM, PhilfyRatBagz said:

IF their reason that you can't merge a switch account (the copied ones) because they can't exist in same Eco system, then if you just deleted that switch account completely, then that should make your PC account the only one in the Eco system and free to merge a PSN or Xbox account to it.

To loose your switch account (completely loose it) seems a fair price to pay!

Maybe DE will deal with your issue after the Great Merge is over. Good luck guys, hope DE look after you :0/

My Switch account is my primary account since I transferred it from PC. I can't just delete the account with all my progress. And MR15 was a lot when I left, and I have that account absolutely stacked.

On 2023-12-21 at 3:56 PM, deffbee said:

This is definitely a deal breaker, I've invested so much time in this. I'll have to say goodbye to this game if this a hard stop for them, and it kinda breaks my heart because I really love this game. I'm really not interested in completely erasing one account in favor for another....Uninstalling for the time being....

Same! I just reinstalled after over 3 years of patiently anticipating! I'll unfortunately be uninstalling, as this is a deal breaker despite how much I enjoy this game.

I'm also in the same boat and simply just want to merge my PC account into my Playstation one. I played on switch one or two times but because of how terribly it performs and being more of a PC and Playstation player, I would rather stick to those.

5 hours ago, Satahrma said:

Literally in the same boat, wanted to merge my PC and PS accounts, but thanks to the Switch (Just to see the novelty of playing on it) I am boned. Has anybody heard back about this yet?

It stings as I have bought Prime packs on both PC and PS.

DapBTs7VwAAppNw.jpg

Honestly same boat, I hope they can find a solution when they come back from holiday break. It would be unfortunate if they don't do anything.

Edited by (NSW)cloudAndroid
Clarification
  • Like 1