Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix 35.0.4

[DE]Megan

hace 5 minutos, KonayukiShiro dijo:

Thanks for the hotfix.

The Crit Chance Topaz Shard buff does now increase the cap to 75% and the gain by 1.5% (though the UI doesn't show the decimals)

Issue:

• Stacks only apply per 5 enemies you kill that have heat status proc'ed on them.

Now that's unique. It seems you were more thorough with your testing than I. Are you sure it requires heat status?

1 hour ago, GrumpyPants said:

Topaz shards are still not stacking crit chance correctly. I have a regular and a tauforged topaz shard equiped, so I should be accumulating 2.5% crit chance per enemy killed with a heat status. Using an ignis modded for only heat damage and over 95% status chance, it is virtually impossible for me to kill level 195 chargers without applying heat to them. On killing 20 of these chargers I would expect to have 50% crit chance if I get 2.5% for each kill. Instead I accumulate a measly 7%. This needs to be fixed.

Yeah, same thing here, I tested with my Tenet Cycron with more than 100% status proc chance. Heat damage only, not every enemy was giving the buff and even them they were not giving the proper amount. Using 2 Tauforged Topaz shards on Mesa, tested on Survival, I needed almost 350 enemies killed solely by heat damage before the max stacks were accquired. Also max stacks bugged at 149% Heat damage.

• Like 5

Just now, ZulfOfTheUra said:

Now that's unique. It seems you were more thorough with your testing than I. Are you sure it requires heat status?

It requires just heat status proc on the enemies as they're killed.

Tested by:

• Gunning each enemy down with a heat heavy single target weapon.
  • Single target priming enemies with heat before switching to a non heat gun to finish the kill (before heat proc duration ends)
  • Priming a group of 5 with heat before blasting them with a non heat aoe weapon (before heat proc duration ends)

Every 5 enemies that died while affected by heat status increased the topaz crit shard stack by 1 count.

• Like 3

Just now, KonayukiShiro said:

It requires just heat status proc on the enemies as they're killed.

Tested by:

• Gunning each enemy down with a heat heavy single target weapon.
  • Single target priming enemies with heat before switching to a non heat gun to finish the kill (before heat proc duration ends)
  • Priming a group of 5 with heat before blasting them with a non heat aoe weapon (before heat proc duration ends)

Every 5 enemies that died while affected by heat status increased the topaz crit shard stack by 1 count.

This makes this shard almost useless for finite missions, the stacks will be accquired too late to be impactful, if this was a mod, I would not be complaining, but shards are way hard to obtain and rearrange, also, once you create the Topaz, you can´t separate it back. It needs  to be fixed to 1 enemy = 1 stack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megazawr said:

As usual:

• mag, mirage, mesa (and now ash) locking their abilities (and sometimes weapons),
  • ash's 4 showing wrong numbers,
  • slams from operator launching you in the wrong direction or failing,
  • waypoints(not just in duviri), codex/simulacrum scans,
  • yareli bugs,
  • exalts being unmodded in duviri(and even if that's not a bug, that's a very bad feature that isn't explained anywhere).
  • kahl getting stuck in a rampart on a "Junk run mission"
  • not enough enemies spawning in railjack skirmish missions
  • "More than MAX_REMOTE_OBJECT_ID replicated entities, out of IDs"  crash

You can add Citrine to the list of frames that can have all their weapons and abilities disabled (including transference). I can also add that it occurred when I transferenced in/out to refresh my Unairu Poise buff, as a client (lobby had solid ping/connection, however). I'm fairly confident that this isn't a frame-specific issue though, it might just be better to list it as "losing the ability to use weapons and abilities, including transference" as a general issue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SirTeemo said:

This makes this shard almost useless for finite missions, the stacks will be accquired too late to be impactful, if this was a mod, I would not be complaining, but shards are way hard to obtain and rearrange, also, once you create the Topaz, you can´t separate it back. It needs  to be fixed to 1 enemy = 1 stack.

Agreed, since nothing on the UI mentions this, I was also under the assumption of 1 enemy 1 stack.

Since apparently multiple shards doesn't increase the gain per stack, this makes the shard pretty abysmal to use.

• Like 4

hace 1 hora, Numerounius dijo:

Almost like as if it was a SOLAR FLARE and should contribute to eclipse's solar damage buff but nope it remains broken in perpetually full Lunar. Please please please address this sooner rather than later. Having to wait for what is on track to be months for a fix to eclipse and the new tileset is not going to be fun.

Just encountered the permanent lunar eclipse in the new tileset. It seems there is not a single spot where there is enough light in the new map for solar eclipse to trigger. I really hope this to be fixed sooner rather than later as well :(

• Like 2

hace 2 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix 35.0.4 

DirectX 12 Crashes
Earlier this week we posted a PSA about DirectX 12 causing crashes with Warframe while using an AMD graphics card. The team is still investigating a stable fix for this issue, but for the time being, we are temporarily disabling DirectX 12 for AMD Graphics Cards with RDNA2 architecture or lower. This is done to ensure affected users can have a stable Warframe experience over the holidays until we can find a permanent solution. 

Operation: Gargoyle’s Cry Changes and Fixes:

• You can now access the Operation Store via Vigile Jahu Gargoyles in other players’ clans! 
    • Note: You cannot contribute to their Curse progress, but you’ll be able to purchase wares with Grotesque Splinters. 
  • Increased reward sorting importance for Curses and Grotesque Splinters so they now appear near the top of the list in the Mission Progress screen. 
  • The Fragmented Trio (Anchorite/Suzerain/Zelator) will now search out cloaked opponents if they sense a hiding enemy nearby, instead of just giving up.
    • Now, these enemies will use their area-of-effect attacks to find you if they sense you're hidden nearby!
  • Adjusted the Fragmented Trio's beam attack to better match its effects.
  • Adjusted secret boss’s Cascading Fragmentation ability to deal more damage and scale more aggressively, but be triggered later in the fight.
  • Fixed secret boss not dropping Stela. 
  • Fixes towards killing the Void Angel not registering in Effervo, preventing players from completing the mission.
  • Fixed Titania still being able to float if Razorwing was disabled in secret boss fight. 
  • Fixed Steel Path Effervo Assassinate enemy level calculation to be more consistent. 
  • Fixed Gargoyle’s Cry not appearing at the top of the Operation tab in the Star Chart.
  • Fixed various crashes related to host migrations on Effervo (Deimos).
  • Fixed a script error related to Operation: Gargoyle’s Cry.
  • Fixed the ability to place multiple Vigile Jahu Gargoyles in Clan Dojos.
    • These decorations have 0 capacity cost so as to not restrict Clans from placing them -- as a result, they are limited to 1 per Dojo with performance concerns (and your tolerance for a certain Cavia member’s sass) in mind.  
  • Fixed Operation rewards being affected by boosters if picked up in a specific way.
  • Fixed the World State Window in your Orbiter displaying 0% progress for the Operation. Also fixed goal progress being shown here if you did not complete Whispers in the Walls.

Changes:

• Updated the description in the confirmation window of Archon Shard Coalescent Fusion to indicate it is a permanent action. Players will now be prompted to type “Confirm” to complete the fusion.
    • “Archon Shard fusion is permanent. This action cannot be undone. Type CONFIRM to confirm.”
    • ceda83b651e97853863d19fb78c03bc0.png
  • Added a waypoint marker to lore fragment drops from Mocking/Scathing Whispers. 
  • Changed Mocking/Scathing Whispers’ enemy waypoint to be white to help it stand out amongst other objective waypoints.
  • The Tennokai Mod Bundle no longer requires completion of the Whispers in the Walls Quest to purchase in the Market.
    • Players can access Tennokai without the Melee Upgrade Segment installed in their Arsenal, so we see no reason to lock it behind Quest completion. 
  • Changed Cavia Syndicate minimap markers to be yellow to improve visibility.
  • Renamed “Promotion” Clan Role to “Promoter” to be consistent with other Role naming. 
  • Updated Topaz Archon Shard Blast Damage embed bonus description to more clearly communicate the effect.
    • Now: “Gain X Health per enemy killed with Blast Damage."
  • Added missing sound effects to the Bounty Portal in Sanctum Anatomica. 
  • Adjusted the Sanctum Anatomica elevator sound effects to have a clearer spool up and tweaked the sounds to be at less of a high pitched frequency.
  • Reduced the amount of Rogue Culverin weak points required in the Cavia bounty challenge to address players having difficulty completing it.
  • Adjusted Rogue Culverin weak point explosion to scale with level and do less damage to players. 

Optimizations:

• Made various small server optimizations.

Fixes:

• Fixes towards Heavy Attacking while using Transference causing players to be stuck in an endless Void Blast loop as Operator/Drifter.
    • We cannot guarantee this is a perfect fix, but after testing we hope that this issue should be less prevalent at the very least!
  • Fixed Murmur Spawners leaving behind an incredibly bright light in Albrecht’s Laboratories missions.
  • Fixed additional cases of Whispers in the Walls Quest completion inboxes not being received by players. 
    • Those who were still missing Quest rewards should see the messages in your inbox upon login!
  • Fixed The Severed Warden not counting towards "Kill x Flying Murmur Enemies" Cavia bounty challenges.
  • Fixed The Murmur Assassination (Effervo) and Alchemy (Cambire) missions on Deimos not having session lock checkpoints. Now players will not be able to join your squad once the following objectives are complete in your missions:
    • After the first Vitreum scanner is deployed on Effervo
    • After the first Crucible is filled on Cambire. 
  • Fixed enemy levels not increasing over time in Steel Path Alchemy missions.
  • Fixed failing a Netracell mission counting towards the weekly limit if the player aborted or failed the mission after the Vault was opened.
  • Fixed Topaz Archon Shard Secondary Crit buff not functioning as intended. Also fixed the Tauforged variant being capped at 50% instead of the 75%.
  • Fixed Topaz Archon Shard bonuses being capped at the value of 1 Shard regardless if multiple Shards were embedded. 
    • Now if you have 5 Topaz Shards embedded, your Secondary Crit Chance would be capped at 250% instead of only 50% before, as an example.
  • Fixed Melee Influence spreading status effects applied to invulnerable enemies. 
  • Fixed Melee Influence being able to trigger Exodia Force.
  • Fixed Critical Mutation Catabolyst Augment incorrectly applying its Critical Chance and Critical Damage buffs, leading to significantly higher than intended damage output. 
  • Fixed Hydroid’s Tentacle Swarm throwing Murmur enemies into the air instead of grabbing them. 
  • Fixed Nautilus’ Cordon Precept affecting enemies that should be immune to crowd control effects. 
  • Fixed Yareli not automatically dropping off Defixio in the Extraction zone when she is riding Merulina in Abyssal Zone missions. 
  • Fixed Steel Path Effervo Assassinate enemy level calculation to be more consistent. 
  • Fixed Voruna’s Shroud of Dynar not being extended with melee kills.
  • Fixed Aerodynamic’s Wall Latch duration stat not properly scaling with Mod Rank in the Arsenal or Mod Menu. 
    • This was a UI only bug and had no impact in-mission.
  • Fixed players not retaining rewards or Affinity from Stage 1 of the Whispers in the Walls Quest. 
    • The End of Mission screen will not appear upon extraction as a stylistic decision, but you should actually keep all that you’ve earned now!
  • Fixed Mocking/Scathing Whispers becoming invulnerable if affected by Cold procs during certain points of the fight. 
  • Fixed Loid having a nose ring in a cutscene in the Whispers in the Walls Quest.
  • Fixed a crash related to the Cataboylst Critical Mutation Augment. 
  • Fixed a wall clipping into the map on an Albrecht’s Laboratories tile. 
  • Fixed Tennokai attacks sometimes occurring in the wrong order if multiple Heavy Attacks are done in a row. 
  • Fixed Loid missing collision in Stage 9 of Whispers in the Walls Quest.
  • Fixed animation warping for Rogue Culverins when interacting with consoles.
  • Fixed using the wrong throwing animation upon rejoining an Alchemy mission. 
  • Fixes towards new inbox message notification popping up while in Quest Complete screens. You’ll still get those notifications when you leave the screen, now they won’t ruin the moment.  
  • Fixed Vitreum scanner dispensers still rotating towards players when they are inactive. 
  • Fixed enemies on Tyana Pass spawning in front of players. 
  • Fixed only receiving the first round Mirror Defense rotation rewards when playing a bounty on Munio (Deimos).
  • Fixed Saryn’s Molt, Titania’s Razorwings, and Loki’s Decoy spawning Alchemy amphors on death.  
  • Fixed being unable to extract in Survival Bounties on Persto (Deimos) if Life Support runs out. 
  • Fixed Stalker being able to drop multiple items in Munio Mirror Defense. 

Check out our Known Issues thread!

The fun police was fast this time. Rip arcane, you were great while you lasted.

See you on the next nerf, I mean fix of an unintented mechanic, guys

• Like 1

hace 13 minutos, krazox dijo:

The fun police was fast this time. Rip arcane, you were great while you lasted.

See you on the next nerf, I mean fix of an unintented mechanic, guys

I love how you say "fun police" when the gameplay that got fixed is amongst THE most unfun in the whole game. Sure, as a novelty it was interesting, but you cannot in good faith tell me that endlessly beating an immobile, invulnerable enemy so that it spread status around you across walls and corners, instakilling things that you couldn't see, hear, or even know that they are there besides the damage numbers on the screen is in any way shape or form "fun." It was funny, yes. But also horrendously powerful and Melee influence still remains to be probably the strongest melee arcane there is, looks at the Xoris.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Fragmented Trio (Anchorite/Suzerain/Zelator) will now search out cloaked opponents if they sense a hiding enemy nearby, instead of just giving up.

• Now, these enemies will use their area-of-effect attacks to find you if they sense you're hidden nearby!

If this is going to be a trend for future bosses then it's high time that Heavy Weapons become exempt from damage attenuation.

Adding super bosses to the game is one thing, putting rewards behind them is another. This is going to create tensions between those who can and those who can't. The last thing we need are people asking (and begging in some cases) for carries because either they lack the skill and/or the equipment to do them.

I, for one, am barely capable of even doing the super boss and cheesed it using Ivara before this change. My hands tend to tense up pretty bad during sequences like these making things even harder. I tried again after the change using Loki and just barely survived before the debuffs got real bad.

As much accessibility as the dev team has added to the game, this is a complete step backwards to players who do have issues that would prevent them from doing fights like these. The super boss simply should not have any kind of rewards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

I'm fairly confident that this isn't a frame-specific issue though

yeah, too many frames have this issue, but the exact details can be different. sometimes it's fixed after a few seconds, sometimes after using melee or a gun, sometimes after falling into the abyss. Sometimes it blocks melee, sometimes it's guns, sometimes neither.

There's a discussion here

• Like 4

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixes towards Heavy Attacking while using Transference causing players to be stuck in an endless Void Blast loop as Operator/Drifter.
    • We cannot guarantee this is a perfect fix, but after testing we hope that this issue should be less prevalent at the very least!

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Just tested it and i cannot seem to replicate the bug anymore!!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Topaz Archon Shard Secondary Crit buff not functioning as intended. Also fixed the Tauforged variant being capped at 50% instead of the 75%.
  • Fixed Topaz Archon Shard bonuses being capped at the value of 1 Shard regardless if multiple Shards were embedded. 
    • Now if you have 5 Topaz Shards embedded, your Secondary Crit Chance would be capped at 250% instead of only 50% before, as an example.

Still not fixed, sadly.

It definitely is better than before, but it still doesn't proc on kill, or at least is fairly unreliable, and the UI shows a maximum amount of stacks of 99 (I haven't been able to test, yet, if it's just a UI issue or if it effectively stops stacking at 99).

Edit: I further tested it, it only happens if you have more than one shard (2 normal=caps at 99, 3 Tau=caps at 224). Was kinda hard to test, but I believe it should be the UI only, it seems to apply the maximum amount of stacks if you reach the cap.

Edited by M0deRa1n
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GrumpyPants said:

Topaz shards are still not stacking crit chance correctly. I have a regular and a tauforged topaz shard equiped, so I should be accumulating 2.5% crit chance per enemy killed with a heat status. Using an ignis modded for only heat damage and over 95% status chance, it is virtually impossible for me to kill level 195 chargers without applying heat to them. On killing 20 of these chargers I would expect to have 50% crit chance if I get 2.5% for each kill. Instead I accumulate a measly 7%. This needs to be fixed.

I not sure if the % chance per enemy killed stacks but even then ive got 2 tau shards. 100 kills with enemies primed with 50+ heat stacks gave me 56% even if we went off the 1.5% of a single tau that should be 150% not 56%. Sadly the second "fix" of the shard still not working propperly. Third times the charm, I really hope

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

It does not -- it is on our radar, but unfortunately did not make it in time. Added to known issues!

Couldn't fix it in time for today's hotfix but I can confirm this bug is on our radar for 2024. Added to known issues list!

Any chance you guys can look at Sevagoths new skin? The water parts can't be colored fully resulting in a strange color mix