Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ice Death is an absolutely terrible bounty

(PSN)Lollybomb

"Hit enemies with 15 cold amphors."
Ok, sure.  Except, they have a drop rate roughly 1/10 that of all the other amphors.  On top of that the hit detection is abysmal.  You can hit a whole crowd of enemies, and not get credit for anything.

Actually probably because of the hit detection alone you're best off completely ignoring alchemy bounties entirely.

Edited by (PSN)Lollybomb
  • Like 3

It's a lot easier ( subjective ) on SP due to sheer enemy density. If you want to rush the rot C.

Now if i can go 5 minutes without crashing maybe it will be something to do and worth seeing if density increases with time.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Clarity
  • Like 1

I figured that the wording "hit enemies with 15 amphors" rather than "hit 15 enemies with amphors" would have been specifically to allow AOE while not making the task too easy.  Which, also given the terrible direct hit detection would have made sense.  It wouldn't matter how many enemies you hit at once, it would count a point as long as a single enemy was within range.

Personally until they do something about it, I'm just going to do basically any other bounty.
Especially since doing the assassination bounty gets credit for both the bounty, and Gargoyle's Cry.
There's also no solo extraction despite it being an endless mission, which is weird.

Only issue I've had is trying to distinguish the elemental things from ammo pick ups. The ground gets littered with color very quickly.
This is mostly because the icon goes away if you're close to any so it feels like I'm needlessly running to see one that was next to me.

I've been doing 4 since I can already guess there's a weapon part in rotation. Seems to be the trend since Diemos.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It's a lot easier ( subjective ) on SP due to sheer enemy density. If you want to rush the rot C.

Now if i can go 5 minutes without crashing maybe it will be something to do and worth seeing if density increases with time.

What console or platform are you playing on? I'm on PS5 and, so far, I've experienced 2 or 3 temporary game freezes in pub play but none yet in solo. It's usually when things get absolutely nuts with the furniture breaking + enemies+ all of my firepower. No full crashes though. Do you remember the condition that created the freeze, or a pattern at least?

4 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

What console or platform are you playing on? I'm on PS5 and, so far, I've experienced 2 or 3 temporary game freezes in pub play but none yet in solo. It's usually when things get absolutely nuts with the furniture breaking + enemies+ all of my firepower. No full crashes though. Do you remember the condition that created the freeze, or a pattern at least?

It may have been an issue on my side , so I took the time to clean up my PC (physically and virtually ) haven't seen a crash ,  rot c mirror def was completed with minor stuttering but no freezing so far.

This was two updates ago though , so not sure if issue was fixed in a hitfux or if my maintenance did it.