Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How's that plot for you?

TioMegaManX

4 hours ago, Qriist said:

"We must rise together", complete with Corpus and Grineer scenes - nearly a year before release.

That's what was promised. It's also what was delivered.

Bro, do you even lore, bro?

The Narmer are Sentients. Or rather, they are the minions of the Sentients. Remember, we failed against Ballas so he was able to lead the Sentients in enslaving the solar system. The Archons and Pazuul are other aspects of that enslavement. 

I agree! :D

While I do think the new war is the best quest in the game(this game has terrible quests though) you can't deny people being upset that there was no war for the player to interact or shape. Quite a few people share that sentiment whether you or I disagree. There was no large scale war to be had in the quest.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

While I do think the new war is the best quest in the game(this game has terrible quests though) you can't deny people being upset that there was no war for the player to interact or shape. Quite a few people share that sentiment whether you or I disagree. There was no large scale war to be had in the quest.

If you think about it we basically missed out on the bulk of said war because the next thing that happens after the operator is "vanquished" boils down to controlling the drifter after the sentients/narmer have already taken control of the solar system, more or less.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

There was no large scale war to be had in the quest.

2 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

If you think about it we basically missed out on the bulk of said war because the next thing that happens after the operator is "vanquished" boils down to controlling the drifter after the sentients/narmer have already taken control of the solar system, more or less.

If the contention is that the conquest after our failure didn't get enough screen time then, from a storytelling perspective, I am in alignment. A short collection of scenes showing each planet falling under Sentient control would have gone a long way towards giving a feeling of a more grand scale.

Beyond that, between the multi-pronged space battle leading upto Ballas and the guerilla tactics that the Drifter had to employ while hunting Archons, I thought there was plenty of entertaining "war" actions.

• Like 1

On 2023-12-29 at 6:41 AM, CephalonCarnage said:

I agree - nothing says "this is soulframe assets being paid for using warframe developer time" than the new spellbook. Space ninjas no more, you're now space Potter.

Dont ever call that THING a spell book, it's just one handed Kunai.

On 2023-12-28 at 6:40 PM, VanFanel1980mx said:

Honestly, what are everyone's most pessimistic expectations for 1999? I expect only a small expansion of Sanctum, maybe some new tileset, but no Minn, no resolution for the poor Cavia animals, not even progress on Wally's arc.

I expect a well designed but short and pointless story with the same basic gameplay we've had for 3 years. it will mean nothing to anything you've experienced in the game prior and is just setting up wally's 4 hour new war quest that'll release in 2028. warframe's combat is designed for a stealth action game where you play as a ninja not a game where you're a space marine librarian, translate that into a reimagining of Darksector only without all of it's loveable edginess.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Qriist said:

If the contention is that the conquest after our failure didn't get enough screen time then, from a storytelling perspective, I am in alignment. A short collection of scenes showing each planet falling under Sentient control would have gone a long way towards giving a feeling of a more grand scale.

Beyond that, between the multi-pronged space battle leading upto Ballas and the guerilla tactics that the Drifter had to employ while hunting Archons, I thought there was plenty of entertaining "war" actions.

the problem with the new war is that the game is called WARFRAME and you spend the new war playing as random enemy units right before you insta loss then play as not your character without powers. some people were looking to the new war to validate the time they put in becoming a proto hindu war god by allowing us to be the gandalf saving humanity from the uppity robots and their robosexual king. If the game was being developed in a logical direction for playing as grineer and corpus during a space war then they would have had to set up your warframe becoming like a space pirate or something and getting their own galleon to go along with their railjack, maybe even multiple of them. then you could have a story where you have to play as one of the grineer or corpus recruits you got to help stay in the fight and the sad realization that even with the baller gear you gave them normal humans cant compare to the death robots.

we didn't get that, the quest meant nothing and was just a introduction to the drifter, made worst by the fact that the major difference between the operator and the drifter is cosmetics, most of which are broken, locked away, or have bad clipping issues on that form. Duviri literally makes more sense without the drifter TBH and im not entirely convinced it wasn't originally ment to be the act two of the new war before coming back. 

ultimately DE should probably decide how to carry on the Origin System civil war and get over it or go back to it because we've deviated too far and we've got actual eldritch horrors preparing to do what the sentients did and for some odd reason neither Granum or the Queens have been informed, which would likely get them to actively assist in defeating it.

Edited by Dairaion
spellcheck
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

That’s the biggest thing that frustrates me about the new war, Quest.    We were supposed to be at “war” against the sentient.  Instead, we were playing hide and seek against the Narmer, 

Even the sentients being the main villain, were a blat and switch,  

was supposed to be fighting the lotus.  They last big hype trailer has us pinned against her.  Crying our faces off.

The clipart has her leading the sentient attack,  

Some may claim artistic license,   But this was just building up false expectations of what to expect in the update itself.  

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Dairaion said:

Duviri literally makes more sense without the drifter TBH and im not entirely convinced it wasn't originally ment to be the act two of the new war before coming back. 

I'm certain tht Duviri was supposed to be "warframe, next chapter". We see that in the way TNW was structured - like Marvel's Engame, it was a series of homage cameos to a lotr of old characters you were supposed to say goodbye to, and then Duviri drops and everyone would play the space wizard stuff instead, you can see how they set up years of updates with the lost islands, every year they'd bring back a new one with a heap of updates and new stuff.

You can tell because they put the start play with Duviri as the brand new player start option.

They've been pulling back from this disastrous idea (which isn't bad implementation, they should have released warframe 2 inst... oh they will - soulframe) ever cince, but they have no story to replace it with and this is where the problem lies. They should retcon it away, say "you did TNW from Drifter timeline, now we're doing it again, but this is the Operator timeline" and give us the new war and a starchart to play through for the next ten years. But they won't, Instead we got a spellbook.

2 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Instead, we were playing hide and seek against the Narmer

Guerilla tactics are often a significant determining factor when waging war against a superior foe.

• Like 2

On 2023-12-25 at 5:39 AM, VanFanel1980mx said:

I feel like the story has gone on too many tangents

Take my upvote. Because that's exactly how I feel about the more recent additions.

I MEAN  - don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the ... fantastically confusing mess that is Duviri - I really like the Cavia... the WITW quest. Especially the new Characters in the last addition.

But where is this all going? It doesn't make sense anymore... they just seem to... literally bombard us we new (and I mean REALLY new) content, that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the previous additions.

On a positive note, this gives me the feeling that the game is doing well. And coming up with completely new stuff keeps old players coming back and sparks interests from gamers who have not played the game yet at all.

But  - lore wise speaking - What about the old "Content"? Did we forget about the conflict between the Corpus and the Grineer? What about - as you said - Vor? among other characters of course who just---- got lost somewhere along the way.

We'll be going back to.... 1999 soon. And while I am REALLY looking forward to that, I also have to say that - talking about the direction the story is taking - this is a HUGE "WTF-Moment". Both in a negative, but also in a positive way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

That’s the biggest thing that frustrates me about the new war, Quest.    We were supposed to be at “war” against the sentient.  Instead, we were playing hide and seek against the Narmer, 

We did see the war in the beginning, were you expecting us to do grunt work and fight sentient armies for no reason when we could go directly to the source.

1 hour ago, CephalonCarnage said:

I'm certain tht Duviri was supposed to be "warframe, next chapter". We see that in the way TNW was structured - like Marvel's Engame, it was a series of homage cameos to a lotr of old characters you were supposed to say goodbye to, and then Duviri drops and everyone would play the space wizard stuff instead, you can see how they set up years of updates with the lost islands, every year they'd bring back a new one with a heap of updates and new stuff.

Idk where you got this idea from, new war is nothing like you described, there wasn't a focus on making cameos.

And duviri, even years ago, was just another story quest with the adult operator on a new open world and that's what we got.

You're all free to dislike these quests but there's no need to reach this hard to make it seem that it's awful and throwing in some conspiracy theories in the mix.

• Like 1

Don't forget how The War Within trailer try to set up the quest as we, the tenno lost everything and have to fight back the grineer queen by ourself without our warframes, turns out it is just a process of daydreaming and at the end we got introduce a new resource call kuva which suppose to help someone to be immortal which sounds very powerful yet this is never talked about in the lore anymore and grineer queen has been phased out from the story. Just like how hunhow and stalker was forgotten for like 4 years until the new war.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

We did see the war in the beginning, were you expecting us to do grunt work and fight sentient armies for no reason when we could go directly to the source.

Um, doing field work is like the Tenno's whole modus operandi? Plus, that's kind of what the gameplay is?

As well, it actually would make more narrative sense for the Tenno to have gone after the Sentient Army first instead of immediately going after Ballas, Erra, & Natah, because first of all, how did the Tenno even find them so quickly? And second, how did the Tenno manage to get the Grineer & Corpus to work together on this front in the first place?
Wouldn't it have made sense to go relieve pressure off the Grineer & Corpus forces to both negotiate with them to aid the Tenno, and muster more forces for the surgical attack to take out its source? With that process also explaining how they found out where that source was to begin with?

But no, we glossed over all of that, relegating it to off-screen assumption... in a video game that's more generally about actually doing that kind of action, because that's where the gameplay comes in. This is why players are taking issue with the quest, it's really not that hard to understand.
They wanted to play this part.

Also, what did DE's own site say again?
Oh, right, it said:
- "Fight on the frontlines in every corner of the Origin System..."
- "Unite opposing forces and test your mettle against the full mustered force of the Sentients..."

Sounds like grunt work to me?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Julian083 said:

Don't forget how The War Within trailer try to set up the quest as we, the tenno lost everything and have to fight back the grineer queen by ourself without our warframes, turns out it is just a process of daydreaming and at the end we got introduce a new resource call kuva which suppose to help someone to be immortal which sounds very powerful yet this is never talked about in the lore anymore and grineer queen has been phased out from the story. Just like how hunhow and stalker was forgotten for like 4 years until the new war.

Ordis talks about Kuva in his lore iirc. DE didn't lock all of the lore in just the quests. Every aspect of the game offers pieces to the lore that the community (used to) work together on. StallorD and The D'Siege have done great jobs with discussing what they, and the community, have found and it is immense. 

What I like about Warframe is it's video game "book series" that has chapters that have to be designed and drawn and scripted and resourced and budgeted and acted and musically scored and tested and await new technology and power through a deadly pandemic and.....it takes a lot to put concept into product. For every release, someone can easily point to the next "what about this character or faction?". This keeps the game alive and gives it far more value than the limitations of a single playstyle. There's no rush to end the content but there's also so much a dev team can do at a time...which means more for us. That's great!

Rebecca already hinted at the third Orb and Narmer, so maybe that's after Whispers and 1999. If 1999 is what I think it is, then we'll have PLENTY to look forward to regarding the other factions too. 

39 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

As well, it actually would make more narrative sense for the Tenno to have gone after the Sentient Army first instead of immediately going after Ballas, Erra, & Natah, because first of all, how did the Tenno even find them so quickly? And second, how did the Tenno manage to get the Grineer & Corpus to work together on this front in the first place?
Wouldn't it have made sense to go relieve pressure off the Grineer & Corpus forces to both negotiate with them to aid the Tenno, and muster more forces for the surgical attack to take out its source? With that process also explaining how they found out where that source was to begin with?

You're looking at it backwards. No faction in the Origin system planned to cooperate with any other faction, or even planned the war itself.

The war came to them because the Sentients blitzed everybody, everywhere, simultaneously. 

Tenno, Corpus, and Grineer working together was less of a strategic gambit and more of "ignore the guys who aren't actively trying to genocide you".

Any perceived cooperation on the macro level was purely by accident.

Edited by Qriist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Qriist said:

-snip-

DE's own promotional site says:
"Unite opposing forces and test your mettle against the full mustered force of the Sentients..." <Unite Corpus & Grineer

Literally the first thing Teshin says in New War, during the first Railjack section:
"The Enemy's Eye turns upon our Allies" -Context being the Murex attacking the Corpus & Grineer Ships.

Also, Erra says this:
"How tediously human. A Slapdash alliance making a feeble last stand,"

This was a coordinated attack by the Corpus, Grineer, and Tenno. The negotiations for which happened off-screen as I said.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Qriist said:

That word is doing an awful lot of heavy lifting in your head canon.

I had to research what kind of fallacy this was you just demonstrated, because for a minute there I thought you'd invented it.
But I think it just counts as ad Lapidem?

Either way, if you're just gonna resort to bad faith arguing and fallacy, I don't really have much more to say to you.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

DE's own promotional site says:
"Unite opposing forces and test your mettle against the full mustered force of the Sentients..." <Unite Corpus & Grineer

Literally the first thing Teshin says in New War, during the first Railjack section:
"The Enemy's Eye turns upon our Allies" -Context being the Murex attacking the Corpus & Grineer Ships.

Also, Erra says this:
"How tediously human. A Slapdash alliance making a feeble last stand,"

This was a coordinated attack by the Corpus, Grineer, and Tenno. The negotiations for which happened off-screen as I said.

That's not true at all. You literally played the example of what the alliance was: a desperation to stop the MASSIVE assault of one, overbearing faction. 

Also, if "off-screen" is on the table for truth, then we can easily say Teshin was discussing all of our actual ally factions, such as The Perrin Sequence, New Loka, Cetus and Fortuna.

59 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

That's not true at all.

DE's own promotional site isn't true to their intentions?
Plus, you're really just dancing around calling it what it really is; What is it called when multiple factions act together against a common, greater foe?
Maybe Cooperating? Joining Forces? Teaming up? Working together?
Coordinating?

Those quotes are pretty intentional though, they framed it pretty vividly. I genuinely don't understand how any of you arguing have come to a different conclusion?

59 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Also, if "off-screen" is on the table for truth, then we can easily say Teshin was discussing all of our actual ally factions, such as The Perrin Sequence, New Loka, Cetus and Fortuna.

Um, maybe if we didn't also have the on screen visual context of Teshin saying that specifically to Sentient Ships turning on Corpus & Grineer Ships and focusing fire on them instead of the Railjack? Again, the framing and context of the situation are pretty concise as to what DE intended.

(Also, don't think I didn't miss that Strawman about 'off-screen' being truth; I didn't make that argument, I'm saying it is a problem that it happened off screen, but it is a given it happened from the context of scenes after the fact.)

Edited by Krion112
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Qriist said:

Guerilla tactics are often a significant determining factor when waging war against a superior foe.

Maybe we should’ve spent four hours of the quest hiding in a cave,  discussing war strategy,   But that wouldn’t be fun now would it?    

Again, “all out war” is a little different to hide and seek.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Krion112 said:

Plus, you're really just dancing around calling it what it really is; What is it called when multiple factions act together against a common, greater foe?
Maybe Cooperating? Joining Forces? Teaming up? Working together?
Coordinating?

5 hours ago, Qriist said:

Any perceived cooperation on the macro level was purely by accident.

BlNCE9S.png

17 hours ago, Qriist said:

Bruh most of us were shredding through the sentients, that's why they had to nerf most of our weapons, the idea that the remnants of the orokin empire all of whom have progressed technologically since their last victory lost is absurd.

1 hour ago, Dairaion said:

Bruh most of us were shredding through the sentients, that's why they had to nerf most of our weapons, the idea that the remnants of the orokin empire all of whom have progressed technologically since their last victory lost is absurd.

You're conflating gameplay mechanical balance with lore.

• Like 1

Hate how most of the logic for the quest is “Eternalism,” and “Time Travel” which boils down to the void. That simply doesn’t explain anything though. It’s one of those “multiverse” concepts that’s been popular lately that’s only used for lazy writing. 

• Like 5