Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Dread Mirror Cannot Target Eximus, That's a Problem.

(PSN)Keito_Elidomi

It's not Kullervo that's the outlier here, a lot of abilities work on Eximus units. Bladestorm and Teleport target and kill them instantly, Energy Vampire targets and oneshots them instantly, Voruna can jump to Eximus units and proc them up with her ability, etc.

There is no logical reason why Garuda's 1 should display "invalid target", it's just a bug. And DE is infamous for never ever fixing bugs, so we're just out of luck here...

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

Eximus are only supposed to be immune to CC, not any other part of an ability.

That's what's supposed to happen, but Nezha and Qorvex each have abilities that Eximus receive incorrectly:

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Chakram's debuff is a little different.  It actually is active on enemies protected on Overguard--it just doesn't have any effect until it's broken.  If that sounds like a distinction without a difference, imagine a high duration Chakram tagging an eximus unit with Oveguard up.  Once the Overguard layer is gone, damage is increased for the remaining duration of Chakram. In effect, Chakram doesn't multiply damage to Overguard hp, just to shield and health hp.  (This wasn't the case right after Eximus Reborn, but it changed at some point.  My guess is by accident.)

Containment Wall OTOH won't apply its debuff to an eximus unit unless its cast after Overguard is broken.

• Like 1

The sad part is that Eximus units still die the very instant their Overguard is gone, I tried to get extra loot from Petrify for a bit and it's just completely impossible to ever petrify an Eximus with normal weaponry.

Makes a lot of abilities useless, unfortunately. And makes Garuda's shield impossible to activate if an Ancient Healer is around.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason is because it “has CC” which is stupid considering it only staggers the enemy, and could easily fix that by just… not staggering enemies with overguard? Idk seems too easy of a fix

2 hours ago, Aruquae said:

The reason is because it “has CC” which is stupid considering it only staggers the enemy, and could easily fix that by just… not staggering enemies with overguard? Idk seems too easy of a fix

It could be the reason, but  a lot of abilities with CC components still have their other components work fine.  Including at least one movement ability that requires an enemy target and has a CC: Teleport.

Ultimate reason is "DE  doesn't want to fix it or hasn't gotten around to it yet."

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

It could be the reason, but  a lot of abilities with CC components still have their other components work fine.  Including at least one movement ability that requires an enemy target and has a CC: Teleport.

Ultimate reason is "DE  doesn't want to fix it or hasn't gotten around to it yet."

Add this to the list of bugs on Garuda

Wisp also has a CC ability that works on Eximus. Her Prime abilities also got fixed when it had a bug that disabled prime details with tennogen skins. Favoritism, I say. Not salty or anything 

Doesn't make sense for eximus units to be untargetable. Impossible to CC doesn't mean just preventing the ability altogether. It wouldn't let her auto execute enemies either, so that's not that big of a deal balance wise.

Abilities like Feast, I'd understand, since it takes the enemy into Grendel's interdimensional belly; but Garuda's 1 is essentially just "jump at guy, inflict minimal damage and a quick stagger unless in instakill range" and it's not like Eximus can go "haha, I blocked her stuff now I'm a real threat" either, she just needs to get a target without overguard, get hit in the mirror, mark whatever she wanna kill with her 4, then charge and release her 1. Changing Dread Mirror to have overguarded enemies as valid targets is nothing more than QoL.

• Like 1