The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for ranged melee weapon (not a gunblade)

MaxTunnerX

Question

Now that we have hold to melee in game, Id like to find a weapon that works the same as excalibur's exalted (and blodskal blade in Skyrim). What I need the weapon to do is project its blade in the form of energy or whatever to about medium range. I wonder if anything like that actually exists as I only know about gunblades, which are nothing like that. Anyway, lets see what you have.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

11 answers to this question

The first weapon that comes to mind is Syam. It's a katana that launches a horizontal and a vertical energy wave on heavy attacks. It's similar to Exalted Blade but only on heavy attacks. It's clearly inspired by Moonveil from Eden Ring, if you're familiar with the game.

You have few options:

• Verdilac, which sends waves with each regular attack, no heavies needed.
  • Hate's incarnon mode also has projectiles on light attacks that do not require you to be aim gliding like the Innodem or Ack & Brunt (In).

There are a handful of melee weapons with projectiles on heavy attacks but seems you don't want that route so these are my suggestions.

Strongest one I can think of is the Hate incarnon:

Incarnon Form embeds blades that explode with Heat Damage during Forward and Neutral Combos.

• Forward and Neutral Combos in Incarnon Form will launch 1 spectral blade towards the crosshair that explodes on impact.

Nepheri have fireballs on certain combo. so has Tatsu and Tenet Grigori. Furax (Incarnon) creates short range waves similar to how Baruuk attacks. Wolf's Sledge is throwable. One of Innodem evolutions allows you to fire quick projectiles when in the air. 

I think the ultimate projectile melee is Zaw with Exodia Contagion.

Edited by Zakkhar

Out of all these answers the Innodem (only while in Incarnon mode and aim-gliding) and the Verdilac (every attack of the block combo) are the only real options. Both deal substantial damage and should satisfy your particular desire for a projectile.

Contagion is more like a rocket launcher, several weapons only have projectiles on heavy attacks, and the Hate incarnon's projectile is probably not powerful enough unless you use warframe abilities to buff it.

The Nepheri's fireballs are definitely not powerful enough, it's just 200% weapon damage as projectiles for the entire (quite slow!) combo. 2.9 seconds per 200% weapon damage is 69% weapon damage per second - that's completely atrociously terrible, there are combos with about 800% per second.

Edited by Traumtulpe

40 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Out of all these answers the Innodem (only while in Incarnon mode and aim-gliding) and the Verdilac (every attack of the block combo) are the only real options. Both deal substantial damage and should satisfy your particular desire for a projectile.

Can the Innodem's projectiles do substantial damage?  I played with this mechanic some a long time ago, but gave up on it as cool but too weak.  And if something is cool, my standards are usually pretty low.  Is there something unusual you have to do to beef it up?

I think most of the weapons I thought of, have already been mentioned. For the sake of a small recap though plus some potential considerations, we have the Syam. Its a sword with Heavy Attacks that send out Heat shockwaves. I think Argo and Vel has an energy projectile, but I can't remember if that was only in Drifter mode. Verdilac which sends out projectiles with one its combos. Nepheri which sends out fireballs, with one of its combos. Certain Incarnon like Hate, Innodem and Ceramic Dagger have projectiles from certain attacks. Tenet Grigori launches a projectile from slide Heavy or second Heavy, Tenet Agendus throws out a projectile too, on Heavy. Certain War Fans do on their heavy as well, uh, Quassus and Arum Spinosa. Sigma and Octantis lets you throw the shield with an attack (its a log in weapon though). 

You also have Exodia Contagion with Zaws

To my knowledge, there isn't anything thats exactly like Excalibur's Exalted. Maybe the Hate Incarnon, in the sense, its projectile, is just from the normal melee swings once in Incarnon form. No Heavy, or special combos or set up needed, just its regular attack. However even that requires the Incarnon mode to be activated. Sorry can't think of anything else. 

Thank you for all the answers. I didnt get notified at all so I didnt know anybody actually replied. Ill read through the list and give those weaps a try. I didnt know there were so many of them. BTW Incarnons arent really what Im looking for either as they only work like that temporarily after getting charged.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

Ok so Ive checked almost all of them and theyre all from duviri or other crap that I hate, sigh. I do have the arum spinosa but Im looking for a sword or something rather than a fan. Nevermind, still thanks for the tips so far. Keep them coming if there are any. Meanwhile Ill take a look at that nepheri thing, seems like the least pain to get.

Edited by MaxTunnerX