Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do we need a revamp to glyphs?

Lunavala

With DE adding more Glyph with the Star Days rewards it got me thinking about how to improve the Glyph system. DE seems to put these out more than any other reward as id imagine it requires much less work on their end to add a Glyph than a new armor set or weapon skin ect. would be. Now while I do love the Glyphs they come out with most of the time, I just don't see them being prioritized in game as much compared to how many we get.

My idea is not only do we need them to show up on screen a tad bit bigger but add a banner of sorts to compliment them and further express yourself. Some games already do this like Call of Duty's Calling cards or Destiny's Emblems for example. I think this could also be a great way to reboot the Achievement system as you could earn these via tasks/objectives For example completing 100 Murax Ships. I chose Murax as an example because its one of many dead contents outside of a few times visited to earn the rewards. Having a long term goal with something at the end makes it somewhat worth going back too. These could be a variety of things too such as master 500 weapons or Defeat a boos similar to 60 eyes. Banners could also show up in event shops and other shops as well to further increase variety rewards. (Would be nice if Glyphs also had an achievement type of system too)

The spots i think this should be added are 1: On the navigation menu/ Escape menu so you can see yours and the other group members Glyphs and banners. 2: Your profile which why Glyphs don't already show up there is still a mystery. 3: Lastly the loading screen.

I see banners as an additional reward that DE could implement that would be on the same-ish level of work required as a Glyph. I wish we would get a new armor set over Glyphs but we have to think about Dev work time and these could add to the variety so at least we aren't just getting a bunch of profile pics. I'm curious about what the community thinks about this and if its a great idea or if its just another Glyph. Ive attached images of ROUGH ideas of what it could look like below.  

Spoiler

Nav_with_banners.png?ex=65cf9705&is=65bd

Spoiler

Profile_with_banner.png?ex=65cf9708&is=6

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

On a related topic, make the glyph on your forums account update to the glyph on your actual in game account…

I want my in-game glyph 😭

You need to manually log out after logging in then log back in on the forum. Don't ask why.

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

You need to manually log out after logging in then log back in on the forum. Don't ask why.

Sadly already tried that, unless I’m doing it wrong (which is possible). 
You referring to manually logging into the game? Because that’s the only thing I haven’t tried (already manually logged out/logged into the forums).

1 hour ago, BansheePrime said:

Cross-Save has made this an unreliable method. 

In addition to resetting Console players forums status to newbie and not even bothering to update our glyphs.

*Points at self*

3 hours ago, Aerikx said:

Cross-Save has made this an unreliable method. 

In addition to resetting Console players forums status to newbie and not even bothering to update our glyphs.

*Points at self*

yeah, I'm not logging out voluntarily until that issue gets fixed. even though there are a few other Glyphs I'll want to use, I'll stick with my current one, I'm not bored of it yet.

Honestly I am not against it , it already partially exists as there are sigils you get for reaching certain achievements.

Almost all bosses have them.

Unfortunately both sigils and glyphs tend to get lost in all the visual noise that is in the game.