Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe companion app. Has DE ever exlained why...

You cant use the app while logged into the game without it freaking out? It would be nice being out on one of the open world afreas working to some goal or another, getting a notification on my phone "hey this is done building." Just collect it, start up another one building...It just isn't enjoyable to have to go back to the orbiter just to pull something out of the hopper and put another in. 

• Like 3

I imagine it's to reduce race case complications.

Like if you have 1k polymer you could potentially build something that costs 1k polymer and something else that costs 1k polymer if you commit to the action at the exact same time from both the game and companion app.

Edited by sly_squash
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

I imagine it's to reduce race case complications.

Like if you have 1k polymer you could potentially build something that costs 1k polymer and something else that costs 1k polymer if you commit to the action at the exact same time from both the game and companion app.

I could see something like that happening - probably even worse with player-to-player transactions. Like you sell a Prime BP, you put it in the trade window, and during the countdown you launch the craft. Not sure what would happen here - either a duplicate, or the trade will fail, or the trade will "succeed" only in one direction (you getting the plat, the other getting nothing)... God knows, but for sure the best is to just avoid having both working simultaneously.

• Like 5

Have you ever tried to edit a database from 2 places at once? I thought so.

Unless you want to corrupt your save file or god forbid be banned for an exploit you created unknowingly you'd be happy to keep things as they are.

• Like 4

has the foundry started insulting people like the Gargoyle did during the event or something? because people be avoiding the thing and calling it out like crazy recently.

it's not that hard to just do your mission, then go back and use the foundry. it's in DE's own interest to keep it slower and less efficient than you might want it to be because it's monetized. you don't have to like it, and we'd all love instant crafting, multi-crafting etc, but it ain't gonna happen. 

11 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I could see something like that happening - probably even worse with player-to-player transactions. Like you sell a Prime BP, you put it in the trade window, and during the countdown you launch the craft. Not sure what would happen here - either a duplicate, or the trade will fail, or the trade will "succeed" only in one direction (you getting the plat, the other getting nothing)... God knows, but for sure the best is to just avoid having both working simultaneously.

That's an excellent example, and guarding against dupes during trades is likely one of their primary concerns.

Another example might be relics.  Imagine starting the process of upgrading your last copy of a relic from INTACT to EXCEPTIONAL from the app, then cracking the relic in the actual game, then finishing the process of upgrading the relic in the app.

Most likely you would be able to upgrade the relic that no longer exists, effectively duping since you are granted a free EXCEPTIONAL quality relic out of nothing.  You could likely then repeat the process for FLAWLESS and RADIANT and get 4 relics out of every 1 copy.

Exploits like these are fixable but can be dangerous and complicated to identify and if you just never allow a user to login on more than one device at a time those bugs won't come to the surface at all.

Edited by sly_squash

11 hours ago, Pakaku said:

It counts as a game login, probably to even make it possible to interact with things like the Foundry

Yup, it's a distinct game login. Freaked me out momentarily the first time I used the Companion, because when I went to go login to the game afterwards I was hit with "your account is in use from another location" (loosely paraphrased, dunno the exact message offhand).