The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are even the Mission Completion statistics bugged?

Not surprising, the mission stats screen has always been super inconsistent and buggy. DE really should just remove it, to be honest. Contributes nothing of real value (due to the aforementioned issues), but it breeds negativity among players.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I love when it says I somehow opened like 350 crates or something when I most certainly did not do that... also I've had 8/8 demolysts killed in disruption when there were ones I didn't even see...

Also fun fact: the Damage Dealt doesn't even add up to 100%...  probably just weird rounding error, but cmon...

Edited by sly_squash
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

I love when it says I somehow opened like 350 crates or something when I most certainly did not do that... also I've had 8/8 demolysts killed in disruption when there were ones I didn't even see...

That is a saryn issue, her spores count as crates.

It will also say one player killed all the demos when they didn't kill a single one and seems random on who rescued the target.  I think most vets know it's useless, but it is confusing to newer players who will think damage dealt is a big thing.  There's also the overkilling thing where you'll get most of the kills, but less than 5% of the damage dealt.  

I like how they have basically removed it once the missions over except I liked to be able to see my ability kills vs weapons etc.  It's useful for testing things at times.

• Like 1

I don't think they are bugged in the sense they are completely wrong. Just bugged into exactly what it counts like demolysts DR or what counts as crates. Another example if overkilling enemies where you can use a stropha to complete annihilate a single enemy and it counts all that excess damage vs. someone tickling a dozen enemies to death.

I'm not sure but sometimes it will track it based on group statistics so if there is a specter deployed it can mess it up.

You can also get some funny statistics like accuracy if playing Vauban or the healing statistic depending on your Warframe.

I always just assume these were fluff stats that paint the illusion of achievement/contribution for a mission. They've always been bugged, misleading, or just showcasing the backend spaghetti (such as Debt Bonds counting as "Syndicate Medallions").

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

You chose the one thing that ISN'T a bug

I didn't say it was a bug?

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

or just showcasing the backend spaghetti

I was merely saying that it sometimes showcases how or what something is coded/coded as. Debt Bonds as a Syndicate Medallion was my example.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sly_squash said:

odwR2r2.png

dafuq???

What you're seeing might have been pulled from a mission just prior.

I've seen it like this several times when it pulls uncleared data from a prior mission. Usually, I can tell because there may have been a distinct difference in my performance from one mission to another for example, I don't  work to kill enemies in rescue missions,  but I may have ran a survival just before and the top stat shows damage/kills from that mission.  

IIRC certain mission statistics can appear weird or warped, depending on different parameters, and variables. Some I have experienced first hand consistently and can replicate, but some I have heard from others, as hear say, so can't really say how reliable they are, but eh. For example, if a player disconnects or there is a host migration, that can sometimes lead to weird damage dealt stats, apparently some have said that doing too much damage can lead to odd results, possibly like pictured in OP example, or and potentially related, but I have heard that "overkill" damage can be tracked differently as well. Like there is killing an enemy with something, but then there is also killing them with something a hundred times over, and certain builds/weapons are better for that than others so... Oh and as mentioned above, pulling different data from different missions, for reasons. Certain enemies being considered bosses. Different enemies having different metrics involved around being killed, kill participating etc. 

Certain Warframe abilities effect on enemies also can redefine them as crates and thus being opened, hitting multiple enemies with one projectile or ability can lead to greater accuracy (10 birds, one stone). Some of these are quite easy to replicate. To the point, that whilst many statistics can seem wrong, warped, misleading, off etc, outside of situations involving other bugs or errors (like trying to calculate stats for a mission that started with 4 people but ended with 3), the results are probably relatively accurate just reflecting the weird strange underbelly and coding of the game, and those types of interactions, rather than what we are presented with.