Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva/Tenet weapons we want + new ideas

Novashank

UPDATE 3: Since several of you raised the concern, a concern which I share, that adding more Kuva and Tenet weapons will overcrowd 2 already crowded weapon spawn pools, and by extension further increase the time it takes to spawn a Lich or Sister with the weapon you want, I created this topic to with the aim to address this issue:

UPDATE 2: Now that DE has finally added 2 more Kuva/Tenet weapons, I thought it would be a good time to give life to the idea I had for a Tenet original Archgun, as I mentioned below as something that would be nice to have. Here is the link for the topic I created for it, the Tenet Vulturas:

UPDATE: Looks like DE will at long last be adding another new Kuva and Tenet weapon. Just one each, but much better than nothing. They're going to reveal them in the next Devstream, I really hope they made good selections! Thank you DE!

FOLLOW-UPDATE: DE has announced the Kuva Sobek and the Tenet Glaxion! Sobek lovers rejoice! I'm surprised I forgot to list the Glaxion below, but I like the weapon and am glad they chose it, especially with the new-new cold buffs [DE]Pablo is cooking! 

As we all know, there are many weapons that either were once greats and got left behind by power-creep, or are fun fan-favorites with a lot of potential that never had a chance to shine at all in late- or even mid-game content due to weak stats with little room for improvement via mods.

With the Kuva Sobek and Tenet Glaxion coming, there are now going to be 20 Kuva weapons and 15 Tenet weapons. There is only one Kuva melee weapon right now, by the way (Kuva Shildeg). The Infested Nemeses will get added in [DE]soon too. Hopefully even more of these are on the way because I think most of us would agree that we could use some more high-level-viable weaponry. This game has over 300 total weapons now, and sadly, the overwhelming majority of them are classed as "mastery fodder". There are also several weapons that many of us are shocked did not get a Kuva/Tenet variant (or even better, an Incarnon adapter), and many more that are deserving of an upgraded version.

And variety is the spice of death in Warframe after all, so let's get cooking!

I would also like to point out that adding ANY Kuva and Tenet weapons would further compound the problem of needing to repeat the Kuva Larvling/Tenet Candidate mission until the Larvling/Candidate finally has the weapon you want, so I'd like to maybe see some suggestions for how to alleviate this! I was thinking Cressa Tal (the leader of the Steel Meridian could sell some of the Kuva weapons like Ergo Glast does for some of the Tenet weapons. But since that deserves a post of its own (which I now plan on creating soon), I'll just go ahead and list some weapons that I believe deserve a Kuva/Tenet variant in no particular order (and just to be clear, I'm not asking for every one of these to be added, just considered):

Kuva Stug: Seriously DE, show this weapon some love finally! Please stop treating it like chopped liver. This gun has literally been a meme for several years in Warframe, and it has done nothing to deserve its prolonged neglect. If it's not going to get an Incarnon adapter, which would be the better choice for the Stug for sure, it deserves a Kuva variant at the very least. I know most Tenno would agree wholeheartedly. At this point, that seems as likely as the rest of the planets getting their tilesets and bosses overhauled.

Tenet Staticor: The Staticor is an awesome concept and a beloved weapon, but unfortunately its performance leaves much to be desired. There is no way to build it to keep up with higher level content. I know DE is shying away right now from encouraging AoE weapon dominance, but I feel like the Staticor is just screaming for a variant.

Tenet Exergis: How did we get a Tenet Plinx but not a Tenet Exergis? The Exergis was released at the same time as the Plinx (and Galvacord) and could benefit greatly from improved utility stats, far more so than the Plinx. It would also be an ideal Corpus counterpart to the Kuva Zarr, since counterparts are part of the design philosophy for Nemesis weapons. Imagine a Tenet Exergis with at least a 3-round magazine, and a secondary fire that just lobs the crystal ball intact, consuming the full magazine, and then the ball explodes on impact and shoots crystal shard shrapnel everywhere (slash damage AoE!).

Kuva Kulstar: This is another Grineer weapon that is a really cool concept but fails miserably in execution and got very little love from DE. It's hardly even useful in mid-level content, something that you wouldn't expect from a gun that shoots mini cluster bomb rockets, especially one that consumes another gun in its blueprint, namely the Kraken. The Kraken itself got a Kuva variant, and the Angstrum, the Corpus equivalent of the Kulstar, got a Prisma variant AND an Incarnon adapter! Where's the love for the Kulstar?

Kuva Ghoulsaw: Another overhyped weapon that rapidly faded into obscurity due to abhorrent usability and mediocre base stats. If this is added in, it definitely needs an attack speed buff, and the moveset definitely needs to be refined.

Tenet Galvacord: In the same vein as the Exergis, this could use an upgrade as well. Whips hardly get any love at all in Warframe. This weapon was used even less than the original Exergis and Plinx not only because it has a very slow attack speed for a whip but also because we don't like the current Whip Stances in their current state, but that's a separate issue. (Add at least one better whip stance finally please, and a good two-handed nikana one too! Or better yet, improve the current ones based on player feedback!) Would pair well with Melee Influence of course.

Tenet Sonicor: You already know why this deserves a Tenet variant. I think adding a secondary fire mode would suit this one just fine too.

Tenet Stahlta: I love the Stahlta and so do many other folks! It's a fun and powerful weapon already but not quite top-tier. This, I'm sure, would be a big hit. Many of us use a "viral hun mun" crit build on it, which, if using a Stahlta riven, doesn't leave room for Primed Firestorm for the secondary fire. That could easily be rectified with a cold/toxin Progenitor bonus!

Kuva Atterax: Would be a good counterpart to the Tenet Galvacord. Another beloved weapon that got left behind. (Who among us veterans could forget the ol' spin-to-win meta back in the day?)

Kuva Jat Kusar/Kittag: Ah, the ol' Jat bois. These are two awesome Grineer melee weapons that could use an update, and former personal favorites of mine. The Jat Kusar can still be made somewhat viable for base-level Steel Path, but the Jat Kittag on the other hand, as cool as its design and visual effects are, always sucked and could only be made pitifully mediocre at best without pulling all the stops to buff it with every possible buff (which can be done with pretty much any weapon in the game but isn't usually practical or cheap).

Tenet Lanka: This weapon got left behind several years ago and is hardly used anymore, even for its niche role of Eidolon hunting. I think the changes that would be fair would be to increase the crit chance to 40-50%, the multiplier to 2.2-3.0x, reduce the base damage to 400 (500-640 after Progenitor bonus) and decrease the shot charge time. The Progenitor bonus and improved crit stats would more than make up for the base damage reduction.

I also think the Lanka should get an improved quick-shot: I think it would be nice if it could be tap-fired to deal 20% of the total damage, where the regular Lanka must be charged to at least 33% to fire. In this case, the mag size should maybe be increased to 15. Also, there's no reason why the regular Lanka should be an MR 10 weapon and not like MR 6-8, especially if a Tenet version is added.

Tenet Opticor: Many people were disappointed that the Opticor's variant, the Opticor Vandal, wasn't really a proper upgrade so much as a "sidegrade" of better utility. I, too, would love to see this weapon done justice and am glad I was reminded of it. The base Opticor is so cool looking and fun but also very impractical as a single-shot, slow-charging weapon with all the cons of a big gun and only few of the pros. The Opticor Vandal was designed to address the utility issues of the Opticor but lost more than half the base damage as a tradeoff. We want a version with the best of both! It would be nice to have a version that meets the two somewhere in the middle but a bit better. Since it's hotly debated what stats an Opticor upgrade should have, here are the stats I propose:

-Base damage: 600, this would become 750-960 total with the Progenitor bonus (In between both versions)

-Crit Chance: 30-40% (Better than both)

-Crit Damage: 3.0x (Better than both)

-Status Chance: 30% (Same as Vandal)

-Charge Time: 0.6-1.0 seconds (same as Vandal or in between both)

-Magazine Count: 8 (Same as Vandal)

-Reload Time: 2 seconds (Same as Opticor)

-Radial Damage Range and Falloff: 100% at 0 meters, 40% at 6m, 0% at >6m (Same as Opticor)

Kuva Javlok: There's a Tenet Ferrox but not a Kuva Javlok? What?

Kuva Sobek: The Sobek is another weapon that hardly got any love beyond adding the augment mod "Acid Shells". Meanwhile the Strun and Hek now have 3 variants. Although this one is more debatable now that the base weapon has once again risen to "cracked" meta status using that same mod. Maybe nerfing this mod a bit in exchange for adding a Kuva variant would be a fair trade-off (although a controversial one to be sure).

Tenet Amprex: A powerful weapon already to be sure, but still, if the demand is high for a Tenet version, why not? It would be nice for the gun to have the Tenet look, if nothing else. It's not like it would be more powerful than the Torid Incarnon form anyway, right? If literally no other change was made than to increase the base beam length, it would be a worthy upgrade because it would still benefit greatly from the Progenitor bonus damage. Increasing the Crit Chance, Crit Damage, or Status Chance, or maybe a bit of two or all three would be a welcome cherry on top.

Tenet Penta: If other weapons can have a Syndicate/Prisma/Vandal/Wraith variant AND a Kuva/Tenet variant, so can the Penta. This would be a good Kuva Tonkor counterpart, and another fun weapon that would be very welcome for use in high-level content.

Tenet Ambassador: Another awesome weapon that many people admire, but we're all disappointed in its pitiful stats. We know better than to expect a handcrafted buff for the individual weapon either, same as with weapons like the Alternox and Stug which desperately need it, so we would love to see a Tenet upgrade for it. It deserves better than just a Tenet skin.

Kuva Buzlok/Argonak: Two more fun weapons with a lot of potential that fall short past mid-level content with all but the most expensive builds that include the very best riven. Also, the Buzlok tracer dart is apparently bugged right now. Demand for a Kuva Buzlok is definitely there.

Kuva Harpak: This Grineer rifle also has a lot of potential, but once again simply falls short for higher level stuff, even with the Harpak augment mod "Exposing Harpoon".

Tenet Dera: The Dera has always sucked and so has the Dera Vandal, just as was the case with the Tetra and Prisma Tetra. The Dera needs help, and it would be lovely to see one with it's own secondary fire gimmick to set it apart from the Tenet Tetra. It would be sweet if it could do something unique like maybe charge up and consume more of the magazine the longer it's charged to fire a powerful bullet-hose stream of shots with a lot of multishot, with more projectiles and longer burst time the longer you charge it. Maybe a 2-second max charge time and a max 3-second long burst to really make it feel powerful.

Kuva Quatz: This could be a very enjoyable secondary weapon, and we could take advantage of the innate electric damage in combination with the Progenitor damage bonus.

Tenet Arca Scisco: The Arca Plasmor got a Tenet variant, which is awesome and I'm not complaining, but the Arca Scisco actually needs it! It could probably also use a secondary fire addition.

Tenet Arca Titron: The same case could be made for this and the Arca Scisco as for the Exergis and Galvacord. If one of these got an upgrade, its buddy weapons should too. And I think we would all love to welcome the Arca Titron back into relevance!

Kuva Grinlok/Marelok: These both have a variant, yes, but those both aren't used very often. Why? We all know why, because single-target semi-auto weapons with a low rate of fire and only decent damage aren't the most practical choice for facing hordes of enemies. I myself don't like to use these two guns anymore, but I know others have been asking for a Kuva variant for both so I decided to include them. If they're added, please give them a special gimmick too like maybe a secondary fire mode.

Tenet Stropha: I know, it's already pretty powerful, but so was the Arca Plasmor! Even so, the Stropha's player usage has fallen way off.

Kuva Vastilok: Probably the most unpopular pick in the gunblade category, used likely even less than the Sarpa, and I think many of us still don't even know this weapon exists! Adding a Stropha variant may be arguable, but adding a Vastilok variant makes sense.

Tenet (Dual) Cestra: Another weapon that sucks even in its Secura variant form. Single or Dual Tenet variant would be most welcome, although it might be redundant with the Tenet Diplos if it's dual. Could even be a prime Incarnon adapter candidate instead. Would also benefit from an added secondary fire mode.

Kuva (Twin) Viper(s): Same as above. Not even the Wraith variant saved this awful weapon. It might be redundant with the Kuva Twin Stubbas if it's dual, so maybe a single version with a secondary fire would be best.

Kuva Ripkas: Another fun weapon deserving of a major upgrade for high-level players. I know this would be a big hit.

Kuva Korrudo/Tenet Obex: The Sparring melee weapon class hardly sees any use from the player base, and for good reason. They, too, are fun weapons that just don't have enough oomph to make the cut for high-level stuff without some serious build investment.

Tenet Dual Kreska: How many of you even know the Kreska exists? It's a single one-hand Corpus scythe classed as a Machete melee weapon that was added for Orb Vallis, and it gets use from probably not one single player other than for use as "mastery fodder". I think it would be a welcome surprise to add this to the Dual Swords category as a dual melee weapon and an Ergo Glast offering, complete with its very own heavy melee attack "gimmick". It could be a cool Corpus version of the Dual Kamas Prime.

Kuva Twin Basolk: Another Grineer weapon that has received very little love, same as the Dual Zoren. Using the innate Heat damage to pair with the Progenitor elemental bonus could be pretty cool. It could be the Grineer counterpart of the Tenet Dual Kreskas if those were added.

Kuva Vulkar/Tenet Snipetron: They both have variants, I know, but even those hardly get any use. I know snipers aren't the most popular weapon category for Warframe unless we're talking about the Perigale or Sporothrix, for good reason, but I'm sure some of us would appreciate having at least one or two snipers with all of the Kuva/Tenet benefits! If these two are added, please give them a fun gimmick like a secondary fire, or else they'll still fade into obscurity for the simple reason that snipers are generally impractical for a game like Warframe.

Tenet Fluctus: No Tenet Archguns were added, meanwhile 2 Kuva Archguns were added. I'm not sure if the Archguns wielded by the Corpus are considered Corpus or Tenno weapons, though, since they're acquired from the Tenno Lab and not the Energy Lab. But I'm assuming the Fluctus is in fact a Corpus weapon, in which case it would make a fine Tenet weapon.

While I'm at it, I'd like to mention that the weapon model seems silly. The big arc-shaped piece on the front of the Fluctus is oriented vertically and compresses the two halves inward when firing, and then it shoots a horizontal wave projectile. It might just be an OCD thing, but wouldn't it make more since for the arc-shaped part of the gun to be oriented horizontal if it's firing a horizontal projectile using that animation? In other words, I think the firing part of the Fluctus model should be rotated 90 degrees to make it make sense. I hope it's not just me, cause that really bothers me lol!

If you made it this far, thank you for your attention and interest! We also know that DE has created some totally original weapons using the Nemesis system. I think we could use some more of those as well, so here are a few of my suggestions. They are mostly melee weapons, which I hope would also get their own heavy melee attack "gimmick":

Tenet original Archgun: I already mentioned adding the Tenet Fluctus, but like the Kuva Ayanga, I think there should be a Tenet original Archgun as well. Like I said at the top, I actually came up with a concept for this, a Corpus rocket pod that shoots rockets that seek space and air enemies automatically, the Tenet Vulturas! (Scroll back to the top to find the link for this weapon concept.)

Tenet dual nikana: A new melee weapon category that started with Sun & Moon. More of these would be awesome!

Tenet assault saw: Another melee weapon category occupied by only a single entry, namely the Ghoulsaw, which like I said, came and went in relevance. A corpus take should probably just look like a cool cyberpunk energy chainsaw. Make assault saws great!

Kuva/Tenet dual dagger: A melee weapon category with few entries, and none that are considered particularly powerful, not even the Nepheri.

Kuva nunchaku: Another sparsely populated category, and I think it would be really cool to have a Grineer-themed one. We love seeing those spiky balls on our melee weapons, don't we?

Kuva/Tenet rapier: Same point as above. There are only 3 weapons in this category, and one of them is a Prime variant.

Kuva/Tenet staff melee: The Bo Prime is the only late-game viable staff on offer right now. We could also really use a new and improved Staff stance.

Tenet claws: Possible Tenet counterpart of Kuva Ripkas with the potential for a creative Corpus-themed design. I for one would love to shred enemies to pieces with neon claws.

Kuva/Tenet heavy scythe: We love the Corufell and Hespar and would love to see more weapons in this category. I think it would be so great to have one that can be thrown like the Wolf Sledge, but that spins perfectly horizontal when thrown.

Kuva/Tenet primary crossbow: There are very few of these as well and I'm sure it would be a fun addition.

Kuva/Tenet secondary crossbow: Same as above!

Kuva/Tenet arm cannon!: Who doesn't love this weapon category? We have the Shedu and Bubonico but no Grineer or Corpus arm cannon, imagine how cool it would be to have one (or BOTH)! I guess the Onos sort of counts as one, but it's considered mediocre as far as Incarnon weapons go.

Thank you for reading however much you did of this. I'm sure there are plenty of other cool ideas out there for both upgrade and original Kuva and Tenet weapons, and please feel free to add them here!

Edited by Novashank
Better title
  • Like 11

• Novashank changed the title to Can we have some more new Kuva/Tenet weapons pretty please?

KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG

Also upvote Tenet Lanka, Kuva Atterax, Kuva Harpak, and especially Kuva Ghoulsaw! Ghoulsaw is a magnificently savage weapon idea but it's laughably underpowered for something that looks like it can dismantle a tank, currently it just tickles late and end game enemies.  And please please please if you are going to make a new corpus ghoulsaw counterpart MAKE IT CRIT-BASED, status-based are worthless.  Ban the nay-sayers.

• Like 3

great suggestions! I actually have a lot of the weapons on this list built out because I like how fun and unique they are. But yeah addressing the “bloat” problem should be handled. It was a pain to 100% complete all the nemesis weapons, I spent more time trying to get the right ones than actually hunting my nemesis. The current method helps a lot more than on release, but I feel like improvements could still be made. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Irritable_Sloth said:

KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG KUVA STUGG

Also upvote Tenet Lanka, Kuva Atterax, Kuva Harpak, and especially Kuva Ghoulsaw! Ghoulsaw is a magnificently savage weapon idea but it's laughably underpowered for something that looks like it can dismantle a tank, currently it just tickles late and end game enemies.  And please please please if you are going to make a new corpus ghoulsaw counterpart MAKE IT CRIT-BASED, status-based are worthless.  Ban the nay-sayers.

Thank you for your support! Kuva Stug all the way baby! That weapon deserves a major buff for a Kuva version! Yeah I totally agree about the Ghoulsaw, for such a highly anticipated weapon it sure was a big ol' bulky letdown!

Edited by Novashank
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

great suggestions! I actually have a lot of the weapons on this list built out because I like how fun and unique they are. But yeah addressing the “bloat” problem should be handled. It was a pain to 100% complete all the nemesis weapons, I spent more time trying to get the right ones than actually hunting my nemesis. The current method helps a lot more than on release, but I feel like improvements could still be made. 

Thank you! I totally agree, I'm wondering if maybe they could be split up in different missions. I like what DE was going for when they decided to split up the Tenet weapon pool such that some are sold by Ergo Glast. It was nice that this allowed you to bypass the Sister of Parvos farm for those particular weapons. It does suck that you have to wait for the timed rotations to get the damage bonus you want, though. But maybe they could do the same with Cressa Tal, the leader of the Steel Meridian for the Kuva weapons. I definitely also feel like it would be best to address this issue further.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Novashank said:

Thank you! I totally agree, I'm wondering if maybe they could be split up in different missions. I like what DE was going for when they decided to split up the Tenet weapon pool such that some are sold by Ergo Glast. It was nice that this allowed you to bypass the Sister of Parvos farm for those particular weapons. It does suck that you have to wait for the timed rotations to get the damage bonus you want, though. But maybe they could do the same with Cressa Tal, the leader of the Steel Meridian for the Kuva weapons. I definitely also feel like it would be best to address this issue further.

Cressa Tal would make a lot of sense. I think in terms of the bonus it’s a pick your poison kind of thing- would you rather deal with repetitively trying to get the right weapon, or going back each rotation to see if you have the bonus you want?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 2024-03-13 at 10:42 PM, voltocitygel said:

Cressa Tal would make a lot of sense. I think in terms of the bonus it’s a pick your poison kind of thing- would you rather deal with repetitively trying to get the right weapon, or going back each rotation to see if you have the bonus you want?

Poison is right! Well I doubt DE will want to reduce the grind much further, but it would be nice if there were new options besides RJ missions for farming Corrupted Holokeys. It's hard to get a good public matchmaking squad for RJ, or even just one that actually knows how to play RJ to begin with, since there's not a proper tutorial mission for actually using the Railjack!

Edited by Novashank
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Novashank said:

Poison is right! Well I doubt DE will want to reduce the grind much further, but it would be nice if there were new options besides RJ missions for farming Corrupted Holokeys. It's hard to get a good public matchmaking squad for RJ, much less one that actually knows how to play RJ. 

More ways to get resources is never bad. I like that for lots of the new content they’ve been adding ways to get the drops we need with resources if RNG fails us. They added circuit as a new way to get warframes, too. More stuff getting that treatment would be fantastic. Even if I won’t personally benefit, it’s nice to give everyone more choices on how to get something. 

i didn’t have too much trouble with the corrupted Holokeys though, I love railjack.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

More ways to get resources is never bad. I like that for lots of the new content they’ve been adding ways to get the drops we need with resources if RNG fails us. They added circuit as a new way to get warframes, too. More stuff getting that treatment would be fantastic. Even if I won’t personally benefit, it’s nice to give everyone more choices on how to get something. 

i didn’t have too much trouble with the corrupted Holokeys though, I love railjack.

I love RJ too, I hope DE adds new content for it! Yeah I love the pity system they added for new stuff, a good change like that was long overdue. 

Edited by Novashank
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Kuva Quad Grakata or riot.

Tenet Lenz, Tenet Dual Decurions and Tenet Ambassador or consequences.

Haha yeah! I would love all those too! Why did I not think of the Tenet Ambassador? Definitely gotta add that up there, thank you!

• Like 2

Sadly I don’t think we’ll see a tenet dual decarion, since it is a Tenno weapon. We may see a prime though. (Velocitus prime when?) now that I think about it, we don’t have any corpus archguns. We had one grineer one before kuva weapons (now we have 2). What’s up with that?

On 2024-03-16 at 11:45 AM, voltocitygel said:

Sadly I don’t think we’ll see a tenet dual decarion, since it is a Tenno weapon. We may see a prime though. (Velocitus prime when?) now that I think about it, we don’t have any corpus archguns. We had one grineer one before kuva weapons (now we have 2). What’s up with that?

That's what I thought, but when the other Tenno said there should be a Tenet Dual Decurion, that made me think it was a Corpus weapon. Thanks for clearing that up for me, I'll remove it! I thought for sure that at least the Corvas was a Corpus weapon, but I guess not! And of course it got a Prime version, which only Tenno weapons get. Wow, we really don't have any Corpus Archguns? Fill that hole DE, please!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Novashank said:

Wow, we really don't have any Corpus Archguns?

The Fluctus is used by the Corpus (by the Terra Manker unit on Orb Vallis to be specific).

edit: Aurax Vertecs in corpus railjack also use an archgun, though it's one we don't have access to.

Edited by WindShadow970
  • Like 1

Staticor is probably the weapon I care about most in the entire game. not just for this topic, but in general. It deserves an upgrade.

A Titron variant has been up there on my want list for a while

Buzlok is a weapon I always thought deserved more than it got. I'm not sure if it was ever even once a viable weapon. it certainly wasn't when I started 6-7 years ago.

Jat kusar and Jat Kittag are two weapons I was surprised to not see up there. Both are insanely cool weapons that were once pretty powerful but have fallen off significantly. Kusar in particular I want cus I love the blade and whip meles, and they've always fallen just short of the meta.

Part of the issue with adding more of these tho is the more get added, the harder and harder it becomes to get the one you want. We'd have to have a better way to influence the type of weapon our litch/sister candidate spawns with, or things would get out of hand if we got too many more. Something like, they have a higher chance to have the weapon type you killed them with, and a much higher chance if it was with the base version of the kuva variant you're after. And we'd need a way to undo the rng protection of not being able to roll the same weapon again until you cycle through all of them, if not just have that system removed in light of some other system making rolling the weapon you want easier, in case you miss a candidate for some reason. Like say a teamate rushed ahead of you in a mission, downed the candidate, didn't mercy it, and it died before you could get to it. This happening to the weapon you want in a roster of 50 others with the current way the system works is hours of time wasted.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 10:36 PM, WindShadow970 said:

The Fluctus is used by the Corpus (by the Terra Manker unit on Orb Vallis to be specific).

edit: Aurax Vertecs in corpus railjack also use an archgun, though it's one we don't have access to.

You’re right, it is used by the corpus. I had forgotten that. But we obtain it from the Tenno lab, which makes it a weird case of potentially belonging to two factions? Or maybe one just stole it from the other, it’s hard to know. 

On 3/24/2024 at 12:27 AM, PollexMessier said:

Staticor is probably the weapon I care about most in the entire game. not just for this topic, but in general. It deserves an upgrade.

Buzlok is a weapon I always thought deserved more than it got. I'm not sure if it was ever even once a viable weapon. it certainly wasn't when I started 6-7 years ago.

Jat kusar and Jat Kittag are two weapons I was surprised to not see up there. Both are insanely cool weapons that were once pretty powerful but have fallen off significantly. Kusar in particular I want cus I love the blade and whip meles, and they've always fallen just short of the meta.

Part of the issue with adding more of these tho is the more get added, the harder and harder it becomes to get the one you want. We'd have to have a better way to influence the type of weapon our litch/sister candidate spawns with, or things would get out of hand if we got too many more. Something like, they have a higher chance to have the weapon type you killed them with, and a much higher chance if it was with the base version of the kuva variant you're after. And we'd need a way to undo the rng protection of not being able to roll the same weapon again until you cycle through all of them, if not just have that system removed in light of some other system making rolling the weapon you want easier, in case you miss a candidate for some reason. Like say a teamate rushed ahead of you in a mission, downed the candidate, didn't mercy it, and it died before you could get to it. This happening to the weapon you want in a roster of 50 others with the current way the system works is hours of time wasted.

I totally agree with all of this.

There are lots of weapons with cool mechanics that were never super viable (Sans rivens- my buzlok has a riven that adds over 300% damage and has a multiplier vs grineer on top of it, so it can chew them up at any level) that could use a tenet / kuva treatment (or some other variant) to be made more viable.

• Like 1

I only wanted a few weapons but I think the opticor would deserve a tenet version with 3 firing modes. The normal shot from the original opticor, the rapid shot from the vandal and the super charged shot that would be the shot to honor the tenet variant.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-03-23 at 11:27 PM, PollexMessier said:

Wow, thank you for mentioning the Jat Kusar and Kittag! As a fan of those two myself, I too am surprised I forgot to add those in! Facepalm moment! Let me get right on that!

I did briefly touch on the issue of overcrowding the RNG pool with new additions. My idea was to allocate specific Kuva/Tenet weapons to specific Kuva Larvling/Tenet Candidate nodes to break up the pool into smaller pools, but I do agree that it would be better if DE would just overhaul that system altogether. But knowing them, they'd probably rather choose a simple solution to save dev time or just not bother at all.

Edited by Novashank
  • Like 3

• Novashank changed the title to Can we have some more new Kuva/Tenet weapons please?
On 2024-03-23 at 9:36 PM, WindShadow970 said:

That's what got me because at first I thought the Fluctus and Corvas WERE Corpus Archguns! And wow, I didn't know DE made an Archgun for the enemies and not us! Maybe that's the one that should be used for a Tenet Archgun.

• Like 1

On 2024-03-29 at 10:07 AM, Vaml77 said:

I only wanted a few weapons but I think the opticor would deserve a tenet version with 3 firing modes. The normal shot from the original opticor, the rapid shot from the vandal and the super charged shot that would be the shot to honor the tenet variant.

I don't know why I didn't add the Opticor up there but now I did. I highly doubt DE would implement it with 3 firing modes like you said, though. I wrote the stats that I thought would be best for it, slightly less or slightly more damage than the regular Opticor, slightly slower fire rate than the Vandal, and higher mag count and crit chance/damage than both. 

While I'm glad they added new weapons I wish they added more, especially Opticor, and revamped the way the weapons are selected.

With the amount of Kuva weapons in the pool, getting the new one can take hours. Even if the amount is exaggerated it's still a lot of time wasted by unnecessary RNG.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

While I'm glad they added new weapons I wish they added more, especially Opticor, and revamped the way the weapons are selected.

With the amount of Kuva weapons in the pool, getting the new one can take hours. Even if the amount is exaggerated it's still a lot of time wasted by unnecessary RNG.

Same. Hopefully they'll get around to that in the future, but you know them, they don't make changes to older stuff unless we all keep clamoring for them. 

Did you like my Tenet Opticor stats proposal btw? 

12 minutes ago, Novashank said:

Did you like my Tenet Opticor stats proposal btw? 

Not really. Don't get me wrong, the stats you proposed are good but it wouldn't make me use the weapon because it doesn't address it's QoL issues.

I can make the Opticors we currently have work in lvl 200 SP content (haven't tried EDA yet) so stat wise they're not too bad, but they're annoying to use due to their trigger mechanic so I always return them back to the bench after one or two missions. This could be potentially addressed with the planned full auto trigger toggle feature DE mentioned in the recent devstream.

Alternatively, there's a few other ways to change the way they work which I would like Tenet or Incarnon Opticor to do otherwise I see no point in using  them.

Give it the same trigger mechanic that Tenet Ferrox is using. That's probably the easiest solution. Personally, I would make the beam fire continuously once charged for as long as you hold the trigger and have ammo in the clip. Lastly, and this is probably the least desired solution, give it the ability to hold the charged shot instead of firing immediately.

Posted (edited)
On 2024-04-28 at 1:44 AM, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Not really. Don't get me wrong, the stats you proposed are good but it wouldn't make me use the weapon because it doesn't address it's QoL issues.

I can make the Opticors we currently have work in lvl 200 SP content (haven't tried EDA yet) so stat wise they're not too bad, but they're annoying to use due to their trigger mechanic so I always return them back to the bench after one or two missions. This could be potentially addressed with the planned full auto trigger toggle feature DE mentioned in the recent devstream.

Alternatively, there's a few other ways to change the way they work which I would like Tenet or Incarnon Opticor to do otherwise I see no point in using  them.

Give it the same trigger mechanic that Tenet Ferrox is using. That's probably the easiest solution. Personally, I would make the beam fire continuously once charged for as long as you hold the trigger and have ammo in the clip. Lastly, and this is probably the least desired solution, give it the ability to hold the charged shot instead of firing immediately.

I hear ya. Yeah, a bunch of people were asking for the always auto trigger accessibility feature, which I also would like, so I figure that was a matter of time. Thank you for your honest feedback. 

Edited by Novashank