Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crash when attempting to log in after downloading Dante Unbound (Fixed!)

[DE]Danielle

When I downloaded the Dante unbound update it was working fine until I was trying to change my loadout in my arsenal when it crashed and now it does it every time. I use a PlayStation. Is there going to be a update regarding this issue?  

Hey Tenno! Checking in to let you know that the DE team is currently on a long weekend here in Canada land, but I thought I'd poke my head in to give you updates. 

PC Crash: Yesterday, we deployed a Hotfix to address the PC crash that was caused by copying your Warframe install from Steam to another distribution (eg: Epic Games Store). 

PlayStation Crash: When it comes to PlayStation, the team has some good leads and will continue to follow that trail early next week. If you are still hitting the crash after following the workaround steps (and ultimately resetting your settings), do not set the GPU Particle Quality preset to "disabled" afterwards - this seems to be the route of the issue that we are chasing. 

Thank you! :community:

• Like 4

• [DE]Danielle changed the title to Crash when attempting to log in after downloading Dante Unbound (Temp fix in place)

PS5 player here: had multiple crashes since unbound's release but never on startup, it's always after I log in but sometimes it lets me play a mission or two first, other times it's as quick as loading in and going to my arsenal. Any idea if this is a similar issue or will deleting my save data not help at all?

Dear Rebecca from DE,

Even tho the root of the cause is to be suspected because of the fog settings, please investigate the gpu particle settings too. This what makes ps5s warframe still crash after disabling gpu particles. Even after the hotfix. 

• Like 1

Still expeciencing crashes in the login screen (on PC). Already tried the suggested fix and already re-installed the game, but I'm still unable to have the game open for more than 5 seconds without crashing.

Edited by HeitorLC

Hey PS5 Tenno! Another update for you on the crash - today we have found the source of the issue (memory corruption bug) and are hoping to have the fix out sometime this week. We will share when you can expect the fix to release. 

Thank you! 

• Like 2

Hey Tenno! We have a Hotfix coming momentarily to fix the crashing on PS5! 

Worth noting here that while we are calling this a hotfix, it is actually a small CERT update to specifically address a PS5-specific crash. It will appear and download as your usual Warframe update. Learn more about what “Cert” means in our Warframe Lexicon for Updates

Thank you :) Enjoy Deep Archimedea! 

• Like 1

• [DE]Danielle changed the title to Crash when attempting to log in after downloading Dante Unbound (Fixed!)
  • [DE]Danielle unpinned this topic
  • [DE]Taylor locked this topic