The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i feel like dante is too good ?

Xenevier

Im against nerfing him. His nuke is on par with gauss, slightly easier to use and more range, but it requires line of sight to prime enemies with his 3 or a weapon. His overguard is solid, but it falls apart compared to other survivability options at high levels. his page warden and birds are both solid, but they arent game breaking. Noctua is a meme and basically just a helminth fodder.

I dont see why we are even considering nerfs tbh. I guess if you had to tweak him, maybe make his overguard buff to team mates less potent than it is on himself? I think noobs just see big overguard and assume it means they are invincible forever.. For low level content i suppose this is true, but its honestly not going to do anything for you if you want to take dante to level cap. Lets just remember that Revenent exists and is quite literally invincible. AND he can make the entire team immortal with his mesmer skin augment.

There are better nukes than dante, there is better buffers than dante, there are tankier frames than dante.. he is good at a lot of things but king of none. And personally i just dont think its a problem.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

I find it strange they're saying they're looking into nerfing him because he "dominates".

"Sir, the frame we've been hyping up for the past two months with a forgiving farm and a wildly popular kit is DOMINATING pick rates during its release week! Something must be done!"

-DE, probably 

Edited by Kaiga
  • Like 14

39 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

Do any of you remember such nerf speed previously?

I don't recall the exact time frame, but Styanax had two successive rounds of nerfs shortly after his release.

And he's still a fantastic frame to play, so I don't think there's any reason to be concerned.  If DE makes any adjustments to Dante that leave him ineffective or no longer fun, I'll be genuinely surprised.

Edited by UnstarPrime
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, UnstarPrime said:

And he's still a fantastic frame to play, so I don't think there's any reason to be concerned.

Styanax was on his way to be the new caliban before he got his augment, he was literally nerfed to the point that he needed a bandaid augment and before he got it had nothing going for him except railjack (even that was only because of the combo of his 3 with subsumed nourish) same thing can be said for Gyre who was also nerfed to the point of needing a bandaid augment

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Theweedle said:

Im against nerfing him. His nuke is on par with gauss, slightly easier to use and more range, but it requires line of sight to prime enemies with his 3 or a weapon. His overguard is solid, but it falls apart compared to other survivability options at high levels. his page warden and birds are both solid, but they arent game breaking. Noctua is a meme and basically just a helminth fodder.

I dont see why we are even considering nerfs tbh. I guess if you had to tweak him, maybe make his overguard buff to team mates less potent than it is on himself? I think noobs just see big overguard and assume it means they are invincible forever.. For low level content i suppose this is true, but its honestly not going to do anything for you if you want to take dante to level cap. Lets just remember that Revenent exists and is quite literally invincible. AND he can make the entire team immortal with his mesmer skin augment.

There are better nukes than dante, there is better buffers than dante, there are tankier frames than dante.. he is good at a lot of things but king of none. And personally i just dont think its a problem.

yo weedle, we've actually talked a bit in game before so its weird to see you here, but look man, as much as i respect you the opinion of "take him to level cap" is just not it... level cap is meant to be harsh on everyone, very little warframes are supposed to be able to survive level cap and so saying dante cant survive there is ... normal, it doesnt mean his overguard is weak, what you should look at isnt level cap or level 1000 duviri circuit, it should be the majority of the game, as balance should be around that and not the 1% of the game that only a small portion of players can or want to play, you should look at actual starchart and SP starchart, to my knowledge the current highest starting level for SP starchart is level 160 enemies, and that is a very high bar for most people to even get to. i myself dont want dante to be bad, i want him to feel good and feel fair.

i dont think baruuk or mesa or anyone OTHER than revenant is supposed to survive level cap, surviving is revenants whole thing anyway, thats his whole entire kit

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, PrimeEnjoyer said:

If you take from Dante, you must also give to Dante.

• Give him more base fire rate on Noctua
  • Give him faster base casting speed (he's a wizard after all!)
  • Give him the ability to input commands directly after casting his 4 and dashing (remove the input delay)
  • Give him a way to activate tome mods without needing to cripple Noctua (it wants a lot of mods as it is...)
  • Give him less jittering recoil on Noctua (with no good way to reduce it since it has no exilus...)
  • Give him a usable 2nd ability. On its own, it is of limited use. It is only fodder for his 4.
  • Give him less ear-bleed sound effects.
  • Give him better FX on his 4th ability.

Give to Dante, give...

And, if we're considering Dante dominant, then do we also consider Saryn dominant? Or Gyre as a mobile AoE nuke/CC powerhouse? Let's not overreact to FOTM streamers and their nuke setups that a percentage of the playerbase can pull off. And, let's not talk about the new augments yet, right? Those are pretty strong too...

His 2nd ability, although subtle, is actually a huge factor in the flow of his playstyle. Admittedly its impact is negligible when you're about to cast Triumph, but it's great at patching up chip damage on your Overguard without you having to think about it while you cast Wordwarden and Pageflight.

I suspect this is also part of the reason why other people notice his Overguard so much. Kullervo only ever casts his 2 to heal/refill Overguard. Styanax can use his 4 to kill but it's not really obligatory if his Overguard is doing fine, Frost can nuke/strip armor but even that is more situational than Dante casting Light Verse twice to refresh his buffs with clockwork regularity. Or even more than that if he uses Archon Intensify. But this added purpose makes maintaining his defenses feel much less of a chore than it is in Kullervo's case.

I'd agree that Noctua could use some tweaks if he gets nerfed in other aspects, though. The thing about Dark Verse and Tragedy is they're based on status damage, and there's this one particular ability available via Helminth that synergizes too well with status damage. Even if Noctua could have a full DPS build and all the tome mods on at the same time, it'd be hard pressed to compete with what Roar does for him. 

Edited by vFlitz
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

I find it strange they're saying they're looking into nerfing him because he "dominates".

Of course people are flocking to the actually good, hyped up and easy to farm brand new Warframe, which was released just before a 4 day weekend.

Give it at least 2 weeks before you decide too many people play him.

Reminds me of the unnecessary nerf to styanax's 4 when he was being used a lot... BECAUSE THEY LITERALLY GAVE HIM TO EVERYONE FOR FREE

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Waeleto said:

Styanax was on his way to be the new caliban before he got his augment

I hope you're being hyperbolic?  Styanax was a solid pick with a great kit well before his augment gave him even more team support; to compare him to Caliban seems excessive to say the least.

• Like 15

9 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Of course people are flocking to the actually good, hyped up and easy to farm brand new Warframe, which was released just before a 4 day weekend.

Give it at least 2 weeks before you decide too many people play him.

Hmmm, Dante is good and easy to farm? thats a combination I havent seen in years. Might get him myself too actually before he gets ruined.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

1 hour ago, Kaiga said:

Frames certainly have gotten bugfixes or changes to things that didn't work, but this is definitely noteworthy.Frame was live for all of about 5 days before the developer decides "yep that's enough usage, let's start looking at the nerf"
Context, from the dev shorts video via reddit

Do any of you remember such nerf speed previously?

Gyre 

And I get that it was a "fix", but to many it was definitely a nerf

Edited by zThulsaDoomz
  • Like 2

Oh wow, the first new Frame that I could actually farm in a feasible time frame, and I STILL won't be able to play him at his peak.

God why do I bother being excited for anything new anymore? 

Edited by (PSN)rexis12
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Oh wow, the first new Frame that I could actually farm in a feasible time frame, and I STILL won't be able to play him at his peak.

Think of it this way: if you don't play him until after he's nerfed, you'll get the Dante Experience...minus the trauma of the Dante Nerf Experience that everyone else will have had to suffer! :P

I expect him to still be very good--hopefully that's the case.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

I'd recommend not getting swept up by the doom-and-gloom hype; DE has said that they're looking at him and that they're probably going to make a slight adjustment to some numbers.  A slight adjustment to a frame that is incredibly powerful is not worth being concerned about.

You should still be excited; Dante's fun to play now, and there's no reason to believe he won't be fun after DE's nerfs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

I hear Destiny 2 has an awesome new patch next week

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

him after his "peak" will still be an outstanding frame, dante as his kit stands is good, adjusting numbers and him a bit wont make him bad, youre severly over estimating how much an adjustment will change him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xenevier said:

him after his "peak" will still be an outstanding frame, dante as his kit stands is good, adjusting numbers and him a bit wont make him bad, youre severly over estimating how much an adjustment will change him

How is that possible? I saw the Warframe team twirling their mustaches like those villains that slap people down onto train tracks. Hell, some of them were *growing* mustaches specifically to twirl! With chemicals that had hair erupt at the speed Dante, oh poor Dante, died!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Styanax was on his way to be the new caliban before he got his augment, he was literally nerfed to the point that he needed a bandaid augment and before he got it had nothing going for him except railjack (even that was only because of the combo of his 3 with subsumed nourish) same thing can be said for Gyre who was also nerfed to the point of needing a bandaid augment

you're objectively wrong, styanax has a 100% armor strip on his 2, around 7 energy regen at a normal build on 3, and an incredibly high amount of slash damage on 4 which passes through armor like butter as slash ignores all armor. styanax augment only gave him survivability, he was good without it, better with it

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Ventura_Highway said:

How is that possible? I saw the Warframe team twirling their mustaches like those villains that slap people down onto train tracks. Hell, some of them were *growing* mustaches specifically to twirl! With chemicals that had hair erupt at the speed Dante, oh poor Dante, died!

as a consequence of this, dante will surely get an 80% nerf to his kit making him only usable in E-prime, this is truely a tragedy

1 minute ago, Kronxito said:

Dante is super fun to play with. I hope they dont destroy this frame. 

And if they do… I will just go back to Baruuk prime as he hits much harder than Dante. 

they wont, you all think when DE says adjusting dante, they will ruin him ... they literally said there is no way they make him weak or bad, they just want to tweak some stuff with him, you are all way too scared when you hear the word "nerf" as if it means theyre ganna kill the damn frame and throw it to the dogs, itll be alright, he will still be good

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Xenevier said:

as a consequence of this, dante will surely get an 80% nerf to his kit making him only usable in E-prime, this is truely a tragedy

"Nyeh eheheh yesss we made a new Damage Type, Styrofoam-Peanut-Coated-in-Cotton just for that mistake of a Warframe!"

Later that day...
Registered losers, we've learned a lesson with Dante. We as humans have failed to stop Fun from infesting our game. Such was the task we were charged with, and in flesh and blood, we have failed. We thus pass the responsibility of Nerfing Bad to an artificial intelligence that was trained in Balan Wonderworld. Thank you; no refunds.

Edited by Ventura_Highway
oopsie twoclick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimothyStevens said:

Nerf crowd always seems to get what they want too.

If that's the case then why are we still exponentially stronger than when the game first started out? If the "nerf crowd" really always got what they wanted, you would expect overall player power to either remain static or decline, yet we've gone from a game where level 30-40 was considered challenging to all but the strongest gear, to one where an item is considered useless if it can't be used to clear enemies at the level cap.

It's almost like DE tend to avoid nerfing things unless they deem it absolutely necessary, with specific criteria that they use to determine what tactics need to be reined in (those being dominance, automation and disruption, with the first being the justification in this case).

• Like 6