Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would it make the game better if prime warframes didn't just add stats and costumes to the basics, but instead enhanced the characteristics or skills of each warframes?

Latajibuchi

As shown in the title, would it make the game better if prime warframes didn't just add stats and costumes to the basics, but instead enhanced the characteristics or skills of each warframes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Latajibuchi said:

As shown in the title, would it make the game better if prime warframes didn't just add stats and costumes to the basics, but instead enhanced the characteristics or skills of each warframes?

No. It would not.

In fact, it would make the game feel worse, you'd be discouraged to invest into non-Primes,
it'd be more "mandatory" to get Primes, not least vaulted ones, which would likely mean trading,
thus in many cases Plat purchases, thus it'd easily be seen as a greed-based move on DE's part
rather than any "engaging player-facing improvement" or whatever buzzwords you wanna use.

Just no.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Latajibuchi said:

Segregation never brought anyone anything except trouble. So no.

• Like 2

no, no it would not.

the primes are already easier to get than the normal frames, if anything they should really be weaker than the normal variant, not stronger.

or, hear me out on this one: prime parts require the normal part to build. 

No it would not.

We don't need players feeling like they are lacking massive amounts of power and different skills that "make a frame good" because a frame is vaulted at the time and the only two options are:
A) Wait  a very long time for the prime to come back into resurgence and hope that they can farm it out when it's available
B) Pay a lot of plat to traders to get the benefits

The stats are more than enough of a reason to get a prime.

3 hours ago, SDGDen said:

or, hear me out on this one: prime parts require the normal part to build. 

Heard that one plenty before, and still have to very firmly disagree with it.

It just adds nothing but pure tedium to crafting primes, and for what reason?
Who does it benefit?
What does it make better?
All it does is make things take longer.......which is better because reasons?

Further it doesn't make sense from a lore standpoint either.

Sure would make the game better having to grind out dozens of simaris dailies just to build a single prime frame, right?  That is surely what the game is missing???  I mean if they do that then things get magically better! For some reason apparently!

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Latajibuchi said:

Old topic is old.

DE says no. DE consistently says no.

DE stated, a long time ago, and has re-iterated it since, that it doesn't matter if it's Prime or not, if a player walks into the mission with the same mods on the Warframe and casts the same ability, it has the same effect. Regardless if it's a Prime or not.

Why?

Because it makes creating, balancing and then updating the Abilities simpler for DE. They aren't going to do the extra work.

13小时前 , Birdframe_Prime 说:

老话题就是老话题。

DE说不。DE一直说不。

DE在很久以前就说过,从那以后也重申了这一点,不管是不是Prime,如果玩家带着战甲上的相同模组进入任务并施放相同的能力,它就会产生相同的效果。不管它是否是 Prime。

为什么?

因为它使 DE 的技能创建、平衡和更新变得更加简单。他们不会做额外的工作。

I think ur right. Can u find where or when DE said? Thank u so much

14 hours ago, Latajibuchi said:

I think ur right. Can u find where or when DE said? Thank u so much

I think the first time they said it was DevStream 64, although I could be mis-remembering. It's been a question on a couple of their live panels, like TennoCon, where an audience question has asked about getting better stats for Prime frames, and they've said they aren't doing that.

I've been here for ten years, watched all of the streams and interviews, so there's a lot of media to sort through ^^

On 2024-03-30 at 7:54 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:
On 2024-03-30 at 10:22 AM, Latajibuchi said:

Old topic is old.

DE says no. DE consistently says no.

DE stated, a long time ago, and has re-iterated it since, that it doesn't matter if it's Prime or not, if a player walks into the mission with the same mods on the Warframe and casts the same ability, it has the same effect. Regardless if it's a Prime or not.

Why?

Because it makes creating, balancing and then updating the Abilities simpler for DE. They aren't going to do the extra work.

+1 Only exception is Excal Umbra

34 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Oof, touchy topic this week... DE releasing that Augment to remove his Sentience passive has really... polarised the fanbase.

Polarized? I don't know about it - I don't really care.