Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Might as well rename Bile to Ambergris with how precious it is.

I just think the name Bile should be renamed since Ambergris comes from whale bile and it seems just as precious and sought after. And the resources to fuel bile is a pain to get already. All the resources required to fuel is are annoying to get, Only fuel I even bother using is argon when I need to.

Farm some thermal sludge next time you have a resource booster.

An hour with a container break xaku + greedy pull will set you for life.

Morphics, Nav Coords and Void Gel are pretty much free if you played the game for a while.

I usually don't need more sources since I hardly ever remove all Archon Shards at once from a single Warframe and I make sure to keep Bile at 100% so I can do full green feeds when I need to.

Ariette Scales show up in pretty high amounts too if you want to keep some as an emergency feeding option, use enemy highlighting or make a fishing group if you're having trouble.

Railjack resources are pricey, but still an okay option if you like the mode a lot.

I do agree that some of the bile resources would be a massive (bad) time investment to farm just for bile, treat them as a bonus when you exhaust all other options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

Farm some thermal sludge next time you have a resource booster.

An hour with a container break xaku + greedy pull will set you for life.

Morphics, Nav Coords and Void Gel are pretty much free if you played the game for a while.

I usually don't need more sources since I hardly ever remove all Archon Shards at once from a single Warframe and I make sure to keep Bile at 100% so I can do full green feeds when I need to.

Ariette Scales show up in pretty high amounts too if you want to keep some as an emergency feeding option, use enemy highlighting or make a fishing group if you're having trouble.

Railjack resources are pricey, but still an okay option if you like the mode a lot.

I do agree that some of the bile resources would be a massive (bad) time investment to farm just for bile, treat them as a bonus when you exhaust all other options.

I have a lot of nav coords but being that its 65 each its gonna chew through supplies in time.

As for the others i know but its really the only one that seems to be active farmed for. The other helminth stuff is very passive. I'm never going to run out of the original resources for a long long time.

I'm just suggesting a name change to make it feel more appropriate and giving a reason as to why.

Meanwhile, me chucking Argon in there because it's gonna vanish anyway:
"Bile is what now?"

Personally, I find Pheromones to be the most annoying.
Be it years ago or today-- Infested material tends to be the stuff I burn through the most in crafting.

I think the only resources I ever had to actively locate when I was new were...

• Plastids, in MASSIVE bulk. They usually dropped in areas I either blitzed through or didn't want to revisit.
  • Nano Spores in even bigger bulk.
    • Unlike Plastids, these dropped more frequently.
    • Also unlike Plastids, they're used far more often.
  • Polymer Bundles. Consumable Gears items though, so not really a priority.
  • Neurodes, since they only reliably drop from Earth and Lua.
    • Earth I just didn't like due to it's low level, Lua because it didn't have much reason to visit.
  • Alloy Plates, which was the only reason I farmed Hydron so much since I recall needing a TON for the Kavat Segment for the Orbiter.
    • It didn't take too long though, just felt like forever. After that, had way too many to spare.

Not much else beyond that.
It's either "specialized resources" due to the Content Archipelago that is Warframe or "I just didn't have access to that area yet and wanted to find a way there early."
Argon Crystals, Orokin Cells, Oxium, Morphics, blah blah blah-- most of it was collected passively.

Though, in all fairness? I'm a kleptomaniac at times.
So having Loot Radar (Thief's Wit, Animal Instinct, etc.) was mandatory for me.
Must be why I never really had much issue with Endo either...

... anyway, I think the name is fine just as is. 

• Like 3

Technically yes , bile resources are relatively rare , 

I don't think DE cares too much about nomenclature (or consistency ) no matter how apt or how odd it may seem.

Not everything is supposed to be easy to acquire ,And I think that's kinda the point , it's to make you revisit specific missions to acquire that resource - which does stockpile over time if you play enough. Helminth is supposed to be a relatively end game change to you frames anyway.

It's still easily the most restricted resource but thanks to nav coordinates it's not that bad. I should get back on the thermal sludge grind at some point maybe. Other than that I think the low level void capture is a pretty good bile mission with a xaku because it gives you a good supply of both nav coords and argon. Oh and obviously only feed it what it likes. It's not worth it to do 3% feeding.

20 hours ago, Lancars said:

As for the others i know but its really the only one that seems to be active farmed for.

It really just depends on what modes in the game you play and which one you skip. I kinda don't hate Railjack(I mean, i do but only corpus rj, grineer rj is fun), I like excavations and I really like Duviri and so I never had to farm for bile:

Warframe0888.jpg

On the other hand, whenever pheromones came up for infusion? Yeah, I actually had to actively farm that a few times, before Lamentus(a Duviri resource I have like 20k of) came in for a clutch. :P

meh, even if I ran out of everything else, I've enough Morphics to feed him for Bile for decades on end, and enough Sentient cores to ensure he doesn't take it personally lol.

that said, unless you're constantly removing and replacing archon shards, which I'm not, I don't know why you'd need that much bile anyway. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

that said, unless you're constantly removing and replacing archon shards, which I'm not, I don't know why you'd need that much bile anyway. 

Helminth abilities, probably.  Some (like Roar for ex.) have hefty costs attached to them.

Personally I burn thru a lot of helminth resources while theorycrafting, but they don't affect me as much as much as others with less overall play time.

While bile is probably the most difficult helminth resource to build up, many of the resources needed aren't that difficult to get and which you'll accumulate over time.

My usual order of resources is argon if i have any, nav coordinates, voidgels, thermal sludge, morphics, ticor plate. Depends on the content you do more, and the stuff you have in hand of course.

Most of the other resources aren't worth the time cost to use as feed imo. And wait for a full green arrow to feed unless you're really desperate for bile or have argon expiring soon, that will ensure optimal use of your resources if you're having any shortages.

23 hours ago, Emwue said:

It really just depends on what modes in the game you play and which one you skip. I kinda don't hate Railjack(I mean, i do but only corpus rj, grineer rj is fun), I like excavations and I really like Duviri and so I never had to farm for bile:

Warframe0888.jpg

On the other hand, whenever pheromones came up for infusion? Yeah, I actually had to actively farm that a few times, before Lamentus(a Duviri resource I have like 20k of) came in for a clutch. :P

I know railjack can supply it well but running it with a team has its own weirdness and solo works better but at times the AI on my ship can be a bit dense when i ask them to kill the outside objective so i can hack inside.

I don't know which node is the best farming node honestly.