Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Deep Archimedea: Hotfix 35.5.3

[DE]Megan

Not only is dante's overguard crap now and they could have put the overguard to allies an augment instead but they got rid of archon intensify's Interaction which annoys me because I just ranked up archon intensify for nothing thanks alot DE 

This nerf was completely not needed you ruined dante

• Like 15

Why, instead of nerfing a Warframe that isn't as broken as you think, don't they buff others that really need it?

Like:Ash, Loki, Limbo, Caliban,Trinity, Oberon, Banshee, Harrow, etc

• Like 4

1 minute ago, [DE]Megan said:

We're reviewing LoS right now with Dante. Can't speak to Khora at this exact moment, but the team has it noted. 

How about instead of LoS you cut his base range by like 30-40%? 

• Like 4

How did you even muster the audacity to call this a "minor tweak to Dante"? Even though the Overguard amount could be workable, the Final Verse LOS being blocked by !!!EVEN CORPSES!!! or live enemies or what have you (who the hell knows what it is blocked by right now?) is a HUGE and extremely bad nerf. Give it "not going through hard walls" LOS or something, please, this is just making Dante completely unusable. Also, nerfing all the fun things you introduced a week earlier is not a good image for you and this is not the first time it happened.

DE, you do have my loyalty and still a good amount of goodwill and respect, but these "minor nerfs" (hahahaha) are sapping it. I am so sorry.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We're reviewing LoS right now with Dante. Can't speak to Khora at this exact moment, but the team has it noted. 

Thank you for listening to this feedback. LoS restrictions are fine! but please make it consistent with Dark verses LoS restrictions. Enemies and Corpses SHOULD NOT block tragedy! dark versse is not blocked by those things so traagedy shouldnt either!

The Dante Re-Bound update. LOS is too bad for this. Rip the 4th ability as a damage tool. Could have added an angle to it without making it LOS. maybe a 90 degree angle at base that scales with range or strength?

Edited by Oobachoo
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Can you also review the fact that he ahs to cast triumph more than double the amount that he had to cast before just to reach his cap ? the numbers were hit TOO HARD and he FEELS BAD to play

• Like 7

My 2c on Nezha Aug:

- Nerfing radius actually *squarely* reduces its AoE. Consider that you go from like 8000m² (50ish meter radius) to about 2000m² (25ish meters) AoE with max range...

- You could have just removed the scaling 1.5x status effect. That crap is bonkers and frankly unnecessary for the augment.

• Like 8

The line of sight nerf is too much. It going through walls was one of the most satisfying things about playing Dante. It nerfed fun more than anything else. And that happening a week into his release is mindblowing. Could have instead reduced the range of Final Verse to 20m so matches his other abilities or a bit lower, for example. The other nerfs are just fine.

• Like 10

hace 1 hora, [DE]Megan dijo:

Dante Balance Changes

• Final Verse’s “Tragedy” now only affects enemies within Line of Sight.
    • This felt like the most reasonable change to Tragedy since it could be cast back to back without much forethought on positioning. So to make it a more active ability, enemies must now be within range in your Line of Sight to be impacted by it. 
  • Reduced the amount of Overguard gained from Final Verse’s “Triumph” from 5000 to 2000 at Max Rank. 
    • For a bit of compensation, we increased Triumph’s base Overguard Regeneration per second from 50 to 100 at Max Rank (can still be modified with Ability Strength). 
  • Reduced the amount of Overguard gained from Light Verse from 500 to 250 at Max Rank (can still be modified with Ability Strength). 
  • Added Overguard Cap stat to Final Verse’s “Triumph” description to make it clear that there are cases where the cap for Light Verse and Triumph can be different (ex: when using the Precision Intensify Mod). 
  • Final Verse’s “Pageflight” no longer applies increased Status Effect Damage to enemies hit by its Paragrimms. 
    • This was an undocumented element of Pageflight, but for the sake of transparency we wanted to inform you of its removal. We believe its removal strikes a better balance and synergy with Status Damage inflicted by Tragedy.
    • NOTE: This is not a removal of the Status Vulnerability added to enemies by Pageflight. We are only removing the unintended additional damage taken from Status Effects. 

Final Verse’s “Tragedy” now only affects enemies within Line of Sight.

AND THEY TOOK THAT LITERALLY! The frame is useless.
More active ability? Did you played Dante more than five minutes?

• Like 19

The Dante nerf did nothing to solve the complaints of Inaros, Chroma, and Nidus players, which Overguard negates their HP Damage gimmicks.

Like.... I'm scratchin' my head here.  In normal path and base Steel Path, he's very good, but in niche Max Level Steel Path OG is basically tissue paper.  No amount of Overguard is gonna save you in most Max level situations.

Max level players are a minority in the community, your play data should tell you that many players do not go to level cap.

This seems like a change and nerf to cater and satisfy a niche portion of the player base and has just made a bunch of people angry.

• Like 14

I haven't played this patch yet but I think the nerfs are heavy-handed. The Overguard nerf isn't too bad, I don't think but the LoS check on Tragedy is, well, a tragedy. LoS checks in this game are pretty wonky, enemies will block LoS which means in a target-rich environment a single enemies in a bottleneck will stop you from doing any damage. 

Maybe instead make Tragedy a cone? Make it 1.5x as wide as Dark Verse but lose the LoS check. 

I knew you'd nerf Divine Retribution but -50% range is too much. Is there another augment that reduces the attributes of a power? I can't think of any off-hand. I think it should lose the 1.5x multiplier instead. 

Edited by Procellus
  • Like 4

1小时前 , Awaidaqor 说:

Line of sight check on Dante's Tragedy was exactly what I didn't want to see. You have no idea of how much it nerfs something due to being severely inconsistent. 
I've always thought that, because Warframe is a game with a lot of collisions, LOS should either be removed as a mechanic or improved a lot. By the way, there are at maximum 5 persons who complained about his nuke.

Edit : I've been testing this for a few minutes in a survival and there are enemies that don't get affected by Tragedy right in front of me. It's unreal.

Just like eclipse, most of players dont know how they gonna  "balance", and finally, its nerfed to the ground.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Alukawaii said:

since they like to destroy everything fun with their nerfs, if it bothers them so much that people use something, give a decent buff to the rest, anyway, this is how a new warframe that is the most used when it comes out goes to the pit of the less used in less than a week. By the way, making the level higher and putting rng is a false difficulty, you only make it more tedious and boring. Come on, you play other games, see what they are like, learn something, don't limit yourself to always the same thing that makes the game more boring and makes people leave.

Literally this. If you keep nerfing things, into the ground (Eclipse) or otherwise (Dante & Nezha), you're *only gonna piss people off*. If you focus on buffing the myriad of outdated and clunky Warframes and weapons, you'd be getting a lot more positive attention and less frustration, methinks. I understand this game is freaking massive and it's hard to cover everything at once, but good lord. I didn't even get to try Dante before the nerfs and I played like 2 missions with Nezha. Dante could've been broken good for another month surely. If you just touched the Overguard, I think no one would've minded.

Edited by sh0shin
removed some swears for better readability :)
  • Like 21

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

For visibility here, we're actively reading your feedback on the nerfs/changes, Deep Archimedea, etc. 

We hear you on it all and are not taking it lightly.

Appreciate the constructive comments. 

But does that mean anything?

Before today, Dante wasn't the only one that granted so much overguard (though Styanax and Frost require a basically mandatory augment).  Dante wasn't the best nuker, either.

But now he gives a lot less OG and is a dramatically weaker nuker.

And yet the overguard anti-synergy is still there.

This is nothing different than "fixing" Styanax a couple weeks after release (he was fun to play, but not to strong, and then he wasn't fun to play and also not too strong), only to give him an augment a year later making him incredibly overpowered (stronger than Dante was yesterday).

You can read, hear and appreciate things and still do nothing (or do things that make no sense), which is the common outcome (in my experience).

• Like 16

A totally unnecessary nerf, honestly sometimes I feel like they nerf things only by seeing the late/mid game content and not high difficulties, instead of nerfing characters that don't need a nerf it would be better to re-work other warframes that were basically left in the forgotten or they are not very useful without a specific build and with helminth abilities like Trinity and Oberon, personally I have been waiting for a warframe like this for a long time, a sorcerer who specializes precisely in casting abilities without depending exclusively on equipped weapons.

I can understand that it may feel like "It breaks the game" but it really wasn't like that since its gameplay is quite entertaining, personally, rather than making a nerf to that warframe, the missions or their difficulties could be modified a little from certain point, for example perhaps those of Lua and the void to make them more "Complicated"

Personally, I think the changes to the overguard are "reasonable".

LoS required for Tragedy on the other hand, would only be acceptable if the LoS had absolutely no operational problems.
However, it is visibly proven that there is.
I am a game programmer myself, and it is not for nothing that I consider visibility checks to be one of the worst horror to program correctly.
Knowing this, using visibility checks, in the most satisfying power of the new star of the game, is simply a bad decision.
However, I saw Tragedy working correctly, in a quite simple environment, and it made sense, gameplay wise. I mean it felt like I have to position myself correctly to use it, and not play with dead brain.. But, you have to consider that apparently, LoS has bad tendancies. And so the amount of frustration, comming from the fact that the player did the effort to position himself correctly, only to watch his ult fail is far from negligeable..

Also, Archon Intensify.. this thing should be triggered by any ability that affect health, even when health is already full. For all warframes.
The restriction it has make no sense, all other archon mod can be triggered with ease, why this one has to be gated that way ?
Overguard, shields, special protection of some kind.. so many things can protect out health and garanties that it never needs a heal..

• Like 4

Sooo ... Line of Sight ? The thing that hasn't worked properly in this game a single day ? It would be an awful idea even if it worked but this didn't only nerf Tragedy, it made it buggier.

The Overguard nerf is completely useless to fix the actual problem (aka annoying builds that relied on getting damaged) and it doesn't make Dante any less immortal, it just means instead of playing the game in Steel Path I'll just have to keep spamming 2-2-4, doesn't that sound like a good time ?

Either reverse the buff and make overguard damage count for the 3 Chroma mains of the world or start being actually consistent by making all nukes line of sight. As is, all you've accomplished is making Dante boring but hey, guess we can all go back to Saryn, that's alright.

Edited by Zeow31
  • Like 6

Extremely bad nerf ... My feeling to many people that bought Dante using plat and know need to see the Frame nerft to the ground due the playability

F Dante

• Like 8

Dante had no reason to be gutted this hard. He was such a fun warframe to use and now he got gutted. GUTTED. Thanks to the 5 whiny crybabies for ruining everyone's fun. Please DE revert the LoS change, almost everyone agrees that it's a horrible nerf 

Edited by Megasaphire
  • Like 11

3 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

50% base range reduction in case anyone who didnt use nezha 4th skill augment. not jsut -50% ability range.

Yeah I worded it poorly. I understood it just affected Divine Spears.