Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LoS Fixes for Dante’s Tragedy coming in next Hotfix

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Crackensan said:

I mean, they're gonna have to ban me.  This is valid feedback that they are silenceing.

This is valid feedback DE you are in the wrong with video proof Swallow your pride and admit it.

• Like 24

Remove line of sight, this is the worst patch I have ever seen, you took a fun but not too powerful frame that needed 3 times the buttons for the effect other get in a single cast, he hurts to play with the button presses per minute but was so fun and you killed it, I have to press even more buttons to not die and I have to cast his ult 3 to 4 times to map clear because a enemy stood on a rock or is standing behind a knee high railing.

Why must you always underdeliver and over correct! I haven't had fun with any frame in a way like this since Harrow and you killed it

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Crackensan said:

Not sure why you're deleting this post, it's absolutely valid feed back on why the LOS should be reverted.  

It's on youtube.  It's going to be shared.

Quoting this so that we can see when it gets removed.

4 minutes ago, Crackensan said:

Begin again.  Stop deleting valid feedback.

Quoting again for same reasons. Lasted 4 mins last time.

• Like 12

Yes, Please DE, dont pretend to fix LoS or anything, you should consider revert the same mechanic to Tragedy and nerf only the stats of it, because frankly Tragedy is not that powerful in Steel Path. Then you can fix LoS later where just one breakable object would block the view and unable to do any ability damage to enemies. It is sad that if the foot of a corpus crewman is behind a barrel, your ability will not work with any LoS implement, no enemies gets any hit only the player get hit by the bullets.

• Like 11

I'm going to be honest here, this level of nerf after less than a week really makes me not want to play the game. It gives me less confidence in your releases going forward. He wasn't best in class in nuking ability, he wasn't best in class in support, but he felt *good* to play. Inserting LoS on his 4 makes the whole ability just feel bad. The game is fast paced at it's core, and now all of a sudden the corner of a box is now blocking multiple of the targets you just primed with tragedy so you didn't kill them. This wasn't a thought out change, you should roll back this "tweak" and go back to the drawing board. This *also* doesn't address the biggest thing that people were complaining about with dante in his overguard. I also don't understand nerfing him with fear of him being dominant, you released this warframe so that people would do the content, farm him, and then do him. He was fun so he saw a higher amount of activity, but 1 week is *not* enough time to determine if he's dominant.

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, Crackensan said:

Revert the change; the things your looking at doesn't matter if this is how Tragedy works.

We appreciate the video, since it showcases the problem with the current Line of Sight checks in a very analytical and accurate way.  However, the behavior in the video is what is being fixed. See attached video for the upcoming improvements to how we check for LOS that were mentioned in the first post.

• Like 12

This community is so uncompromising. Guys, chill.

You cannot even agree on what you want, there're lots of different proposals that contradict each other.

• Like 4

If you remove LoS then you (DE) should look back at every frame that had LoS added to any of their abilities.

For example Radial Blind of Excalibur, it's about time the LoS gets removed from that ability again that you added almost 10 years ago.

• Like 12

Half measure is still BAD, revert the LoS changes its not neccesary Dante was not outperforming any of the good frames, its incredible how dumb it can get... i have not seen a SINGLE post defending the LoS changes, you tell us that you are reading feedback, That means DE is ignoring the feedback of everyone that complained about the LoS changes...  offer refunds for Dante and his formas at this point, its the least you can do.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, [DE]Momaw said:

We appreciate the video, since it showcases the problem with the current Line of Sight checks in a very analytical and accurate way.  However, the behavior in the video is what is being fixed. See attached video for the upcoming improvements to how we check for LOS that were mentioned in the first post.

Just revert the changes. We hate them. 

• Like 22

We appreciate your feedback” you keep saying over and over again while there are dozen of pages asking you to revert the LoS changes on Tragedy

Listen to the community for once, not many are complaining about the OG nerf but most are for the Tragedy LoS

• Like 19

Just now, [DE]Momaw said:

Then someone should be clarifying this.

Per Megan, all that was being done was checking for Ragdoll LOS checks; and marginal LOS checks.

Tragedy should have the same LOS pathing/set of checks that Dark Verse has.   Why there are different rules for LOS between Dark Verse and Tragedy, which by deisgn depends on Dark Verse is absolutely nonsensical.

• Like 9

My goodness... These changes are an overkill for both Dante and Nezha.

I've had THE most fun in the past 5 days with Dante and Nezha only to find out that they've been gutted. How could our owl boi be overpowered when you have other map-nuking frames (Saryn, Volt, Octavia, Thermal Sunder Titania). If tragedy LOS wasn't touch, I could probably live with all the other changes but man... this is rough.

• Like 22

Those crying about the dante changes. Seethe harder.

I don't apolagize for that remark. It's true, Dante was wildly overtuned. Is he dead now? LOL no. Not at all.

Actually go ingame, and play him. Try it, it's absolutely fine. He still generates Overguard for FREE, he still nukes entire rooms pretty easily.
The only problem he really has is Acolytes and energy consumption (due to requiring 3 ability casts to do his nuke)

The solution? The story simply needs to not be deleted after casting

• Like 5

Revert the changes and all the "unintended" interactions like status vulnerability and summoned noctua dealing status procs. You ruined a perfectly good frame for no reason. And some people paid plat or real money for bundles btw. This is a borderline scam. 

• Like 15

Here's what's frustrating.. you guys nerfed a warframe everyone was having fun with, within a week of launch, yet, there are several underpower frames waiting for rework for years. You did exactly what you said you wouldn't... you nerfed in a way that we will always look back at when he was fun to play...which lasted one week.

Sad.

• Like 20

Just now, [DE]Momaw said:

An LOS nerf shouldn’t be implemented until an actual LOS fix is implemented. Especially in such a short amount of time of the frames release. But I’ll echo what so many others are saying…. Even with LOS “improvements” it will still feel just as bad to play. 

• Like 19