Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you a DPS noctua or an all tome mods noctua?

Let's be serious this time and not talk about the Dante nerfs for a moment.

Noctua is an amazing exalted weapon. I have 447k total damage with high crit and crit damage, insane.

However the ability to put all tome mods is so good and unique it can't go unnoticed!

I wonder what others are doing because a hybrid build for me isn't all that interesting...especially sine I like to use my actual weapons...

It's cool if noctua was used as a spell book, and not a weapon.

In addition the slash procs it deals are still enough for tragedy.

So what do you think?

• Like 1

I'm gonna be very honest, Noctua is a free subsume slot

Let's forget the fact that it doesn't suit Dante's playstyle for a second (since Dante is an ability spammer he literally has no time to use a weapon and if he can use a weapon it won't be as mid as Noctua) it took grimoire's issues and added an energy drain per shot and no exilus slot to it

Slow and small projectile, no exilus, worse alt fire than grimoire, still low firerate for tome weapons

It's definitely not the WORST exalted but compared to the big 3 (mesa/baruuk/sevagoth) it's definitely a downgrade 

I'm hoping we don't see more exalted weapons until they revolutionize the entire system 

• Like 1

I’m a “The tome mods refuse to drop for me” noctua user.

I’m personally just glad it’s not garbage. Does decent damage, goes great with wordwarden, alt fire is really satisfying.

Edited by ToastyGrimlock98
  • Like 1

DPS book here, hits hard, struggles in Kills-Per-Minute world, decent for most bossing activities.

The headache with Caster support book is that you have no way of charging the alt fire with spell casting, combine that with the shot itself not being the best for stacking invocations you end a bit underwhelmed...don't get me started on Canticles and requiring that the book be in hand to trigger the effect, it's annoying on the Grimoire and it's more so on Noctua because Word Warden should be a solution to the problem but isn't. It's the one aspect of Support Dante that peaked my interest and really let me down, so I fight for it.

8 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

DPS Book

You and me are gonna very unfriendly very quickly

this is a joke, don't take it out of context

I hate subsuming over abilities...it doesn't feel right most of the time.

Have you tried going all tome mods? 

• Like 2

Mostly DPS with 2x Tome mods (energy regen and power), considering you can have both buffs permanently maxed with how quick this weapon is to charge and the speed of its alt fire, pretty insane

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prof-Dante said:

I hate subsuming over abilities...it doesn't feel right most of the time.

I only subsume over abilities if they are very weak, in this case, Dante is the first Warframe I have never subsumed a power onto him and will stay like that unless something happens to his Exalted Weapon.

2 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Have you tried going all tome mods? 

Yes and it not works right with me, in fact, I have -zero- tomb mods on it because my build requires too many DPS mods to make it go past Steel Path:

My build: Hornet Strike/Lethal Tor/Primed Target Crack & Pistol Gambit/Galv Diff/ Viral & Heat

If we had an Exluis slot on exalted weapons, I'd put a Lohk but since we don't have that free slot, I don't have any tomb mods, on my Grimore however I do have 2 tomb mods

Suffers from the exalted weapon syndrome 
Too much investment for too little return (unless paired with his fourth, but that's just his fourth being amazing as always)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

My build: Hornet Strike/Lethal Tor/Primed Target Crack & Pistol Gambit/Galv Diff/ Viral & Heat

If I can somehow change my build to have: Lohk & Xata at the same time while keeping Viral & Heat (7,689.6 Total DPS) then I'll swap mods around but now I can't

Ideally: I'd maybe get rid of Galv Diff and put in Lohk or Xata and since Reinforced Bond exists I might be able to get rid of Lethal Tor as well since I only use that for the Fire-Rate mostly, since I got Arcane Velocity on Dante

So maybe something like this: Hornet Strike/Primed Target Crack & Pistol Gambit/Galv Diff/ Viral & Heat (Xata) and then on my Companion Reinforced Bond on top of my Arcane, fire-rare will be okay

8 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Suffers from the exalted weapon syndrome 
Too much investment for too little return (unless paired with his fourth, but that's just his fourth being amazing as always)

^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prof-Dante said:

I wonder what others are doing because a hybrid build for me isn't all that interesting...especially sine I like to use my actual weapons...

Why not both? You can go with pretty decent setup with Arcane velocity for fire rate, Xata for energy, another for Armor strip (works nicely for lot of armored units like netracels/archimedea with more mech summoned).

You can go caster route, spam abilities then from time to time get some energy (+armor strip because it counts all kill).

I'm still working it out. I'm not sure if I should put corrosive/heat (I have 2x corrosive shards), maybe some viral/heat or some other elements for 334 combo or Woodwarden.

ps. I wish Woodwarden (book) give you more status. That way you could mod Noctua for e.g. corrosive/cold to armor strip and do other stuff with viral/heat.

12 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So maybe something like this: Hornet Strike/Primed Target Crack & Pistol Gambit/Galv Diff/ Viral & Heat (Xata) and then on my Companion Reinforced Bond on top of my Arcane, fire-rare will be okay

I would say 120% fire rate of arcane would be "ok".

1 hour ago, Waeleto said:

Let's forget the fact that it doesn't suit Dante's playstyle for a second (since Dante is an ability spammer he literally has no time to use a weapon and if he can use a weapon it won't be as mid as Noctua) it took grimoire's issues and added an energy drain per shot and no exilus slot to it

Primed flow and Efficiency and I cna even use it with arcane Velocity (+120% firerate). It's not old channeled ability. It only drains per shoot. I think you can get energy from any sources.

Slow  projectile

I worked somehow with slow projectiles but it's honestly almost requirement to slap fire rate sources.

small projectile

It has some AoE

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

It has some AoE

Are we talking about the primary fire ? i mean it LOOKS like it does but i tried shooting at literally the enemies feet and it wasn't hitting unless it's completely bugged it's just visuals 

DPS.  It's not great for kpm, but I'm finding it extremely fun in a way that no other exalted weapon has been for me.   I spend a lot of time trying to make ST weapons work in this game, so Noctua with infinite body PT and some ricochet feels luxurious in comparison.

I don't know if  it'll hold  my attention long term though.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 2

I've tried both between dps and full tome mod builds.  It doesn't feel too bad as a dps weapon, but I don't mind the all-tome-mode build just popping into it for the alt fire buffs and then switching back either.

Unfortunately full tome mod doesn't work that well. It lacks the damage needed to proc most of the canticle effects , the invocations work well enough , but on my dante build it tends to be unnecessary most of the time.

The DPS build is good enough for most high level content , the fragments are an interesting mechanic and actually do a lot of damage than what is documented , the alt fire is also nothing to sneeze at  , its effectively a long range arca plasmor.

If I can get just an exilus mod slot it would be in a sweet spot as a possible hybrid.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It lacks the damage needed to proc most of the canticle effects

I have Good new for you, Tragedy procs the Canticle mods when you kill enemies with it.

You have to proc slash from noctua though, supposedly dark verse's own slash gets added too for a better effect and then when tragedy kills the target with these slashes it procs the mods.

13 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

@Tiltskillet @quxier @Kronxito @Waeleto

My favourite Noctua build is the one modded for all heat + Archon vitality, trust me it's STRONG...and coupled with tragedy's own damage it practically better than most weapons.

Neat idea.  It'd be easy to replace a strength mod on him.  I'll have to try that out!   ...as soon as I get around to getting Archon Vitality.  :P