Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Eidolon Hunting Great Again

Hi, it's maybe a bit late to say this but can we stop with the night / day, Warm / cold, cycle. Wanted to practice solo eidolon hunting but i just get 2 hours of play time and when the time comes i can do 1-2 run max. i have to fix my errors and adjust the mods so i can do better and while i'm at it, it seems the time of the bounty expired. The rewards are okay but timer needs to go off. or atleast the Eidolon (or any other boss if comes in future) needs to be exclude from the time cycle. I hope de could look into it and hope i'm not being too unresonable. 

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Xaif__ONI:

Hi, it's maybe a bit late to say this but can we stop with the night / day, Warm / cold, cycle. Wanted to practice solo eidolon hunting but i just get 2 hours of play time and when the time comes i can do 1-2 run max. i have to fix my errors and adjust the mods so i can do better and while i'm at it, it seems the time of the bounty expired. The rewards are okay but timer needs to go off. or atleast the Eidolon (or any other boss if comes in future) needs to be exclude from the time cycle. I hope de could look into it and hope i'm not being too unresonable. 

true. and check Arcane Energize prices.
That's a joke. 2024 outside and the whole thing hasn't been fixed yet.

I bought this, arcane grace and normal khora with platinum. because the whole farming thing is a ridiculous waste of time!

It's something DE will probably do one day. Though at the same time aside from maybe wanting to rework them there's really no reason for them to look at Eidolons again with how trivial they've become, how outdated their rewards are, and how their one "mandatory" drop only requires like 3-4 Tri-Caps to finish.

So I wouldn't expect any changes towards them to be on DE's list of priorities anytime soon.

5 hours ago, Xaif__ONI said:

Wanted to practice solo eidolon hunting

If you just want to practice, replay Saya's Vigil - part of that quest forces nighttime on Plains and spawns Terry.

Now, DE are not stupid, so no lures spawn during that quest, so you can't spawn Garry and Harry and iirc that Terry in quest also doesn't drop anything, but if all you need is target practice/testing your DPS for popping synovias, it's great for that and the quest is not very long even, so you can repeat it reasonably frequently on limited time budget.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emwue said:

so no lures spawn during that quest, so you can't spawn Garry and Harry and iirc that Terry in quest also doesn't drop anything, but if all you need is target practice/testing your DPS for popping synovias, it's great for that and the quest is not very long even, so you can repeat it reasonably frequently on limited time budget.

Well thanks for the info mate, I don't really care about the drop i mean for now but the lures are what making my runs slow. i wanted to charge them fast enough, is there any suggestion that i might try for that ? maybe not in Saya's vigil but in actual bounty. 

5 hours ago, trst said:

It's something DE will probably do one day. Though at the same time aside from maybe wanting to rework them there's really no reason for them to look at Eidolons again with how trivial they've become, how outdated their rewards are, and how their one "mandatory" drop only requires like 3-4 Tri-Caps to finish.

So I wouldn't expect any changes towards them to be on DE's list of priorities anytime soon.

True. A rework will be nice to see. I mean think about it, yeah we have better builds and stuffs and we are able to survive even in steel path long endurance run. But that's just a matter of time, but this type of quest like Eidolon is kind of a nice touch, I mean you gotta have skill to do a quick and efficient run. I hope to see more like this skill based content but without the time restrictions. 

33 minutes ago, Xaif__ONI said:

Well thanks for the info mate, I don't really care about the drop i mean for now but the lures are what making my runs slow. i wanted to charge them fast enough, is there any suggestion that i might try for that ? maybe not in Saya's vigil but in actual bounty. 

Volms spawn near camps, so in daytime go out with waypoint markers and mark camps, to force spawn volms you need to be about 150-180 metres from the camp slowly move forward and keep your eyes open and they should be forced to spawn, you can repeat this process but you need to kill every enemy in the area, i’d also advise putting an enemy aura on so you can set an outline color to make volms easier to see, hope this helps.

When was Eidolon Hunting great?

I farmed the first one for Faction because it was the only one out and it was just pain. I did the full round once just to try it.

I'm just asking because I'm curious if players are mixing good rewards for good content.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xaif__ONI said:

When I was learning the Eidolon hunts solo I was given a simple tip which worked extremely well. When you first enter it is easy to find the first spawn so simply use archwing fly to him and mark him.

you can then zip around grab lures and then fly directly to him and do your practice runs. Also on route zip around water edges to quickly collect wisps and hunt the floating critters to charge the lures. takes a minute or two but then you can take you time and have no further issues. I found 3 lures to be the sweet spot for solo runs but two will work well enough.

Just don't waste time hunting the sentient cores as they can be picked up later. The lures always follow me so as I zip around kill the floaters  that they need to remain fully charged. once the main critter has been dealt with headshots you have time to grab sentient cores as you make your way to initiate the next round or collect the cores exit and re enter for another round of the 1st of 3 rounds for basic practice. 

I did have difficulty on the 3 round quite a lot running solo to be honest as the lures could get zapped and I would waste time hunting for replacements. that said once you know the map reasonably well the archwing makes collecting 5 lures very quick and quite easy. I practiced using the archwing a melee weapon and hitting E to instantly smash then as fast as possible hit X to hack then zip to the next. Basically fly towards the lure blast with a secondary and then hit the fast Melee E and you instantly smash into them and are ready for hacking. Anyways have fun 

PS: for the lures I like to use the Nukor as it has a ton of ammo easy to build a decent radiation level and it has a good fire rate making lures easy pickings. that also saved on my ammo for my Rubico. I liked running Rubico nukor and a Zaw staff build for melee. The nukor can also help out if your ammo is depleted or running low on the primary as taking out the knees for example is easy enough with a dirt cheap simple rad build on the secondary.

Edited by johnno23

This is a change I would personally like to see. 

I understand why some people don't want this... Warframe uses a free to play model. lots of cool things like skins are locked behind premium currency, many people don't want to pay real money or they can't afford to, but they can grind, and thus grind for high value Plat items. Like Arcanes from Eidolons. Which they can in turn sell high, to get currency, to buy the cool thing. 

You make the high value item easier to get, its value decreases, and people who grind, aren't as rewarded as much as prior. So they either have to grind more or just not get the cool thing. 

On the other hand, personally, I prefer helping newer players learn the ropes, enjoy the team work and fun of actually just hunting Eidolons, just for that. Value around Arcanes not being relevant The fun and joy of the hunt and team work and getting better/stronger the main incentive. Which is a bit harder with the night cycles limitations, and for organising randoms, and also the tension around peoples playtimes and schedules, when the reward is for many, the more valuable part. Being "stuck with inexperience" becomes a factor and well yeah... 

I don't see it changing anytime soon, but would be nice and welcome by myself. 

I'm no expert by a long shot, but I've soloed the vast majority of the captures I've done. 

I got into a routine... Enter the plains, turn left and move up to the water camp til the voms spawn. Grab the lure and kill the 2 voms. Then move to the next camp moving left, kill the voms and charge the lure. 

Archwing to the eidolon, set the lure to hold then zap terry. While he's wailing I archwing to grab 2 more lures, zoom back to terry and use the voms he spawns to charge the lures. 

The 3rd lure was to hold the next eidolon while I grabbed 3 more lures. Then again charge them with the voms spawned during the fight. 

I know this isn't the optimal method. I was completing tri-caps in about 9 and a half mins using Trinity with Eclipse subsumed. Nice and relaxed runs as your lures won't die. 

I say was as I haven't done any caps since the Eclipse change. If there's a better option instead of Eclipse I'd love to know. 

Edited by Psianide73

I personally don't like eidolons (I am still after so many years missing some of the arcanes from there) ,

But just cause I don't like em doesn't mean I am opposed to improvements to it.

A means to overcome the day night cycle by some way would be nice , maybe an arrow that blocks out the sun when you shoot into it and allows the zombie sentients to come out would be a good option. That way you dont screw the day night options and you can still have specific instances of night.

I think if they actually wanted to make eidolon hunting great again, they could dumb it down so I don't need to sit through a 20-minute-long video essay just to learn how to do it.

I'd love to see a removal of the day/night cycle being tied to Eidolon spawns personally as I think this is one of the biggest pain-points keeping players from running (and even learning) Eidolons. 

Maybe we could move them somewhere else, maybe the dark-side of a certain celestial object, that could also be a pretty cool operation where we have to move them with our Railjacks because Cetus deserves a break or something. Just a suggestion, at the end of the day it's for DE to decide whether they even want to do anything with Eidolons anymore or just keep them as-is.