The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chill Solo Relic Grind

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Maybe read the whole sentence and not nitpick on specific words taken out of context.

You will realise that the slight confusled one is pretty clear that the OP has (probably) good intentions. But good intentions can still get people in trouble.

I did cheers, it’s not taking anything out of context because what was said didn’t happen this is very clear.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

Just now, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

That’s not the point you said very clearly, telling people to do shady things” again op did not do this they simply shared how they do things there’s no way to misinterpret what you said, because what you said just didn’t happen.

I dispute your use of the word clearly. I think its more accurate to say thats what your interpretation was. Which is why I had to clarify, so to my perspective, its not "clear" at all. To my perspective, I was addressing the implicit "tell" of OP, not necessarily the explicit tell, that potentially you might require, and communicating this as so. 

Sharing how one does something, can be an implicit way to tell people information. Its one of the literal definitions of tell, "communicate information to someone in spoken or written words.", so what I believe what happened here, and correct me if I am wrong? You read what I wrote, and figured that I was saying that OP was "insisting" that people do something, because I use the word "telling" and you disagree, because no where in OP, does OP say "You guys should all do this", so you wanted to be fair to OP, and point this out to me. Is that near enough to accurate?

Except thats not why or how I was using the term tell, and we are dealing with people and language. There are always multiple ways to misinterpret anything, thats just how language and communication is. You are of course fine to disagree with anything and everything I said though, I am always willing to clarify my stance or why and how i use a term, but since I don't want to detail the topic too much, we may just have to agree to disagree if my above explanation doesn't satisfy your understanding of what went down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I dispute your use of the word clearly. I think its more accurate to say thats what your interpretation was. Which is why I had to clarify, so to my perspective, its not "clear" at all. To my perspective, I was addressing the implicit "tell" of OP, not necessarily the explicit tell, that potentially you might require, and communicating this as so. 

Sharing how one does something, can be an implicit way to tell people information. Its one of the literal definitions of tell, "communicate information to someone in spoken or written words.", so what I believe what happened here, and correct me if I am wrong? You read what I wrote, and figured that I was saying that OP was "insisting" that people do something, because I use the word "telling" and you disagree, because no where in OP, does OP say "You guys should all do this", so you wanted to be fair to OP, and point this out to me. Is that near enough to accurate?

Except thats not why or how I was using the term tell, and we are dealing with people and language. There are always multiple ways to misinterpret anything, thats just how language and communication is. You are of course fine to disagree with anything and everything I said though, I am always willing to clarify my stance or why and how i use a term, but since I don't want to detail the topic too much, we may just have to agree to disagree if my above explanation doesn't satisfy your understanding of what went down. 

Not sure how you can dispute something you “clearly” said but sure Telling people to do shady or weird stuff in a way where you frame it as helping them, when they can face very negative consequences, like getting their account banned... To be clear, I don't think you are trolling OP, and I don't think you believe what you are saying is shady either, (intent wise) and I personally have no issues or objections with how you might personally chose to play or find chill, but you should be aware that the advice you offer is quite risky. So much so that I am surprised the thread hasn't been moderated yet (well maybe if your thread title was EZ AFK Wukong strat, no effort = Big Rewards!) but yeah, DE definitely doesn't like or advocate for such behaviour. The people being cautious aren't doing so to personally judge you or anything, if you do this all the time, you may just be really really lucky. 
You can dispute however you see fit, again at no point did op tell anybody to do anything that’s all it comes down to.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

We can agree to disagree sure.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

I did cheers, it’s not taking anything out of context because what was said didn’t happen this is very clear.

Sorry mate , but if you actually read the whole post you will see what you said is indeed out of context.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Not sure how you can dispute something you “clearly” said but sure Telling people to do shady or weird stuff in a way where you frame it as helping them, when they can face very negative consequences, like getting their account banned... To be clear, I don't think you are trolling OP, and I don't think you believe what you are saying is shady either, (intent wise) and I personally have no issues or objections with how you might personally chose to play or find chill, but you should be aware that the advice you offer is quite risky. So much so that I am surprised the thread hasn't been moderated yet (well maybe if your thread title was EZ AFK Wukong strat, no effort = Big Rewards!) but yeah, DE definitely doesn't like or advocate for such behaviour. The people being cautious aren't doing so to personally judge you or anything, if you do this all the time, you may just be really really lucky. 
You can dispute however you see fit, again at no point did op tell anybody to do anything that’s all it comes down to.

I am sure how, I can even tell you. Explain and define the word "tell" for me please? Including how one might be able to use it in multiple different contexts per its different definitions?

I am going to preemptively assume that you won't answer my question in good faith or directly, but if I am wrong, then I also apologise in advance. See a lot of people are familiar with the idea, that telling, is to insist and "tell" people what to do. I told my children to clean their room, it was an order, or demand, so I am telling them what to do. So when you say that someone is telling people what to do? That obviously means, something similar to above example right? Like instructions?

Well, not quite, to "tell" can also mean, to communicate, as in inform, or make aware. Without any of the other connotations, like the element of instruction or insistence, and I think you probably know this too no? Just whats possible is that you misinterpreted my intent and usage and felt it was unfair to OP, so attempted to intervene? Think of it this way, if I said below instead.

"Informing people on methods they can use to AFK, when its a shady ethical area in DE's rulebooks, and they can face negative repercussions, should require more disclaimers and warnings". 

Does that sound similar or different, than what I said earlier, and do you think it addresses OP fairly? Would you have a problem with this wording? Its essentially the same. Though again, also may depend on an individuals interpretation. Like essentially the same, isn't the same as literally exactly the same, aren't words and communication fun? 

• Like 2

nit picking is not going to help anyone. Whilst the OP chose to post a thread it is a risk for those daft enough to feel "oh! thats a good idea" and then possibly suffer consequences as being flagged for AFK gaming. The rights and wrongs of the post are something else. If nothing else just highlight that any newer players that stumble on the post see it as good advice are warned of the possible bad results.

At the end of the day warframe is a Game and games are meant to be played for fun not running in the background whilst watching a youtube vid or movie. If you need to study at the same time you should not be playing games. Simple reality in my mind is do one or the other and never suffer a bad consequence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Sorry mate , but if you actually read the whole post you will see what you said is indeed out of context.

Sure

2 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I am sure how, I can even tell you. Explain and define the word "tell" for me please? Including how one might be able to use it in multiple different contexts per its different definitions?

I am going to preemptively assume that you won't answer my question in good faith or directly, but if I am wrong, then I also apologise in advance. See a lot of people are familiar with the idea, that telling, is to insist and "tell" people what to do. I told my children to clean their room, it was an order, or demand, so I am telling them what to do. So when you say that someone is telling people what to do? That obviously means, something similar to above example right? Like instructions?

Well, not quite, to "tell" can also mean, to communicate, as in inform, or make aware. Without any of the other connotations, like the element of instruction or insistence, and I think you probably know this too no? Just whats possible is that you misinterpreted my intent and usage and felt it was unfair to OP, so attempted to intervene? Think of it this way, if I said below instead.

"Informing people on methods they can use to AFK, when its a shady ethical area in DE's rulebooks, and they can face negative repercussions, should require more disclaimers and warnings". 

Does that sound similar or different, than what I said earlier, and do you think it addresses OP fairly? Would you have a problem with this wording? Its essentially the same. Though again, also may depend on an individuals interpretation. Like essentially the same, isn't the same as literally exactly the same, aren't words and communication fun? 

You just said to agree to disagree but wish to carry on so be it.

1 minute ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

You just said to agree to disagree but wish to carry on so be it.

Indeed, to agree to disagree over interpretation.

I'll still be happy to explain my interpretation though, because I am not questioning your interpretation's existence. I am even actually making a positive case for your interpretation of events, by explaining the definition and application of the word "tell", whilst simultaneously clarifying and explaining my own . So I am giving a friendly and fair explanation of why you may have misinterpreted my meaning.

Except you are now doing that thing, where you aren't actually addressing my points in sequence, or answering the question I had for you, because it would probably help.

Like right now, anyone reading what I am writing here, can pull up a second window, Google the term "Tell" with "definition", and they will get many many results. Many of those results will affirm what I have been saying. "Oh, that slightconfuzzled fella has a point, tell can mean instruct or express insistence, but it can also just mean to generally relay info or to inform, which means, depending on your interpretation, in regards to OP, tell is accurate n one sense, but not the other. That FrDiabloFr person probably just assumed one of the definitions, so misunderstood". 

Instead you are (seeming, based on generalised behaviour)  treating this like a combative argument or exchange and seemingly trying for the last word, emphasising the idea you are right, by using terms like clearly, and simply. All just because you probably forget what "tell" means, or the idea that, thats also okay, I forget words exact definitions and applications all the time. Its the reason I don't get confrontational or nitpick other peoples choices of words, and try to go off good faith and understanding intent and the importance of clarifying and patience when understanding others. 

I love words and communication. Even though I joked earlier about the nature of communication. Its just not really relevant to OP, but since you instigated this conversation, I am happy to clarify. Even if ultimately we agree to disagree about interpretation, but I also don't view this as a simple right or wrong, I view it as an enjoyable opportunity to point out how small misunderstandings and miscommunications can happen. 

Sure?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Indeed, to agree to disagree over interpretation.

I'll still be happy to explain my interpretation though, because I am not questioning your interpretation's existence. I am even actually making a positive case for your interpretation of events, by explaining the definition and application of the word "tell", whilst simultaneously clarifying and explaining my own . So I am giving a friendly and fair explanation of why you may have misinterpreted my meaning.

Except you are now doing that thing, where you aren't actually addressing my points in sequence, or answering the question I had for you, because it would probably help.

Like right now, anyone reading what I am writing here, can pull up a second window, Google the term "Tell" with "definition", and they will get many many results. Many of those results will affirm what I have been saying. "Oh, that slightconfuzzled fella has a point, tell can mean instruct or express insistence, but it can also just mean to generally relay info or to inform, which means, depending on your interpretation, in regards to OP, tell is accurate n one sense, but not the other. That FrDiabloFr person probably just assumed one of the definitions, so misunderstood". 

Instead you are (seeming, based on generalised behaviour)  treating this like a combative argument or exchange and seemingly trying for the last word, emphasising the idea you are right, by using terms like clearly, and simply. All just because you probably forget what "tell" means, or the idea that, thats also okay, I forget words exact definitions and applications all the time. Its the reason I don't get confrontational or nitpick other peoples choices of words, and try to go off good faith and understanding intent and the importance of clarifying and patience when understanding others. 

I love words and communication. Even though I joked earlier about the nature of communication. Its just not really relevant to OP, but since you instigated this conversation, I am happy to clarify. Even if ultimately we agree to disagree about interpretation, but I also don't view this as a simple right or wrong, I view it as an enjoyable opportunity to point out how small misunderstandings and miscommunications can happen. 

Sure?

Lol sure.

Just now, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Cheers, I appreciate your effort to intervene and offer clarity. 

Take care! 

Let’s high 5 guys, lol you’re good it’s not a a huge biggy.

• Like 1

vor 48 Minuten schrieb johnno23:

nit picking is not going to help anyone. Whilst the OP chose to post a thread it is a risk for those daft enough to feel "oh! thats a good idea" and then possibly suffer consequences as being flagged for AFK gaming. The rights and wrongs of the post are something else. If nothing else just highlight that any newer players that stumble on the post see it as good advice are warned of the possible bad results.

At the end of the day warframe is a Game and games are meant to be played for fun not running in the background whilst watching a youtube vid or movie. If you need to study at the same time you should not be playing games. Simple reality in my mind is do one or the other and never suffer a bad consequence.

then you have never played eve online with big teams.
This is about 2+ monitors, 4+ windows and half a day camping.
Without watching movies and reading books on the side, the whole thing becomes boring.
And I don't say that as a theorist, but rather as having played for many years in one of the largest community/alliances.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

then you have never played eve online with big teams.

Assumptions trump everything I suppose.

Played Eve Online for many years until the devs decided to simply terminate any players that lived in Mainland China. I am a brit born and bred in London but as I reside in China for my work I lost access all my ships the entire inventory from a few years of play plus everything I paid cash for including almost a full year of subscription. But as you stated I never played that game.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
vor 7 Stunden schrieb johnno23:

Assumptions trump everything I suppose.

Played Eve Online for many years until the devs decided to simply terminate any players that lived in Mainland China. I am a brit born and bred in London but as I reside in China for my work I lost access all my ships the entire inventory from a few years of play plus everything I paid cash for including almost a full year of subscription. But as you stated I never played that game.

What you are describing is global politics. and a sausage company ccp has nothing to say here. That's not their fault.

And you definitely haven't played Eve online seriously and as I already wrote "with big teams". So don't just tear out words and twist their meaning! (and you also have to be able to read). Because anyone who “plays” 10% causal PvE content doesn’t know the entire painting! without _running in the background while watching a YouTube vid or movie_(quote from you) almost every player would fall asleep there! Because as much action as in Warframe doesn't happen there. I was a spy or a nuisance there and got on PvE people's nerves for days/weeks and caused big fights. There was a lot of drama and tears at the end.
or usual situation: we camp with medium fleet warpgates in 0.0 with 4 "eyes" (4 accounts with their own window) for more than 6 hours. Every normal person falls asleep there without a movie in between.

Edited by Venus-Venera
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:
6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Telling people to do shady or weird stuff in a way where you frame it as helping them

Op didn’t at any point tell people to do their strat? All op is doing is sharing how they play the game, let’s not make false statements.

From the outside looking in, this entire page-spanning disagreement seems like a very basic semantic misunderstanding, where different people are interpreting the word "tell" in different ways.

I get what slightconfuzzled is saying; OP has written this post in good faith with the intent of sharing what they think is a good strategy with others so that the players who read their post can use this method if they so choose.

I also get what FrDiabloFr is saying; OP has in no way demanded or ordered others to use this strategy.

You're both right.

Assuming I'm interpreting you both correctly, the only actual conflict here is that the word "tell" has way too many possible meanings and interpretations.  To check myself before I wrote this post, thesaurus.com lists nearly 100 synonyms for the word "tell", many of them with wildly different meanings.

My personal takeaway from this exchange is that I've learned that "tell" is a vague term, to an extent where its usage leaves plenty of room for misinterpretation and misunderstanding.  As someone who dislikes miscommunication, I'll be doing my best to remember to never use that word again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

From the outside looking in, this entire page-spanning disagreement seems like a very basic semantic misunderstanding, where different people are interpreting the word "tell" in different ways.

I get what slightconfuzzled is saying; OP has written this post in good faith with the intent of sharing what they think is a good strategy with others so that the players who read their post can use this method if they so choose.

I also get what FrDiabloFr is saying; OP has in no way demanded or ordered others to use this strategy.

You're both right.

Assuming I'm interpreting you both correctly, the only actual conflict here is that the word "tell" has way too many possible meanings and interpretations.  To check myself before I wrote this post, thesaurus.com lists nearly 100 synonyms for the word "tell", many of them with wildly different meanings.

My personal takeaway from this exchange is that I've learned that "tell" is a vague term, to an extent where its usage leaves plenty of room for misinterpretation and misunderstanding.  As someone who dislikes miscommunication, I'll be doing my best to remember to never use that word again.

Ye me and slighty sorted this out, and ye seems a bit of misinterpreting went on no biggy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

Assuming I'm interpreting you both correctly.

Thanks. You are mostly accurate, just that what you ascribe to the other user, is also what I am saying as well, because I also already explained the nuance and versatility of the word tell, and its different definitions and applications, dictionary definitions, so on and why its possible the other user may have interpreted what I said differently. Whilst then explaining why I understand they might have that interpretation but clarifying my usage.

They (FrDiabloFr) also sent me a great message later and I think we hashed things out decently there. They are a good person too. 

24 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

I think you should still use the word tell, when and where you see fit, (per your own discretion and desire of course) since many many words have multiple definitions. Usually and ideally in genuine/good faith discussions, people may use words where your first or initial instinct may be to frame it with a different meaning, but this can be where clarity and willingness to hear out others specific intent and usage matter. Then by the same idea of reciprocity, they would be willing to let you clarify with your intent and definition, and give you a chance as well, in the case they have misread your intentions or meanings with certain words. 

I try to avoid miscommunication as well, but the world is a big lovely place, with many different types of people, languages, countries, nationalities, educational experience, cultures, ages, neurological persuasions/traits, and perspectives and opinions in and around language itself. So even though miscommunications aren't always ideal, its just something that will probably happen time to time, depending on who you might interact with. So in a way, learning how to deal with miscommunications and misunderstandings, is something thats just valuable to have and learn with practice. I don't think I actually need to explain this to you though, because I get the sense you may already know and practice this, since you are an excellent communicator and often mediate or attempt to resolve conflict. Which is admirable. 

16 hours ago, FeRixia said:
17 hours ago, quxier said:

It's not about having fun. The point is about not playing game. You are not playing a game. You are just getting items. It's same as paying for them.

Well, there are still more steps involved like actually starting the mission, collecting things every minute (both so clone doesn't kneel and collect life support) so I would say there is STILL interaction with the game.

When I have plat and I find some other person to trade. I go, I don't know, to the dojo, go to trade section, click many stuff etc. I don't consider it "playing a game". It's just in game trading.

16 hours ago, FeRixia said:

so it's not "true" AFK

But it's still pretty close.

Well, whatever floats your boat. I was just explaining things.

11 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Maybe read the whole sentence and not nitpick on specific words taken out of context.

You will realise that the slight confusled one is pretty clear that the OP has (probably) good intentions. But good intentions can still get people in trouble.

how will they get in trouble in a solo lobby? 

They don't want you afk farming, yet frames like khora exist.  Its very chill to just click buttons.  Having to move when I don't need to is the annoying part.

I'd happily farm resources on the move, but she's designed that way and they're like you need to move?  

This is the afk frame, oh btw don't forget to jog needlessly in place or hop around in circles...must play actively..

If you want to keep your AFK strats, OP, my honest advice is to shut up about it. 

You may not be as familiar with the history, as your account is only a few years old, but I would've thought the Wukong and ammo economy changes not too long ago would have hinted at this fact: DE really, really does not like non-interaction with the game becoming a common strategy. They've demonstrated this fact repeatedly over the game's life. If people keep using Wukong that way, they might just take his Celestial Twin away entirely. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)BONANGER1 said:

how will they get in trouble in a solo lobby? 

By talking about it in the forums for a start.

And by triggering the various checks while "playing" the game.

Players have gotten banned over these things and don't always need to be manually reported. DE does have automated mechanisms in place even when solo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

By talking about it in the forums for a start.

And by triggering the various checks while "playing" the game.

Players have gotten banned over these things and don't always need to be manually reported. DE does have automated mechanisms in place even when solo.

m.v.p post right here. 

They should either simply make it impossible to play like this +
Log you out after tops 10 minutes "afk play time" with a reminder that it's against terms of service, 
or find another way to elegantly deal with this.

The O.P seems to not know that this is basically against terms of service e.t.c 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Ye me and slighty sorted this out, and ye seems a bit of misinterpreting went on no biggy.

Just wanna point out that if you read the second paragraph in the OP, it is very much angled as a suggestion for others. Both with how that paragraph starts "Go into" followed by "Hide under", "and let the clone kill everything", "you need to", "I recommend" and then ended with "Happy Farming!". It is practically framed as a bite sized guide for others. And the behavior could lead to potential bans or suspensions due to being "shady" activities.

• Like 2