Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what is sucking my energy in netracells?

play ivara in netracells

have these negatives wampyri, sanguine, conductive, knifestep

standing around out in the open is just fine

activating prowel makes my energy go from 600 to 0 in about 10 seconds

test standing around nothing, test prowel again energy gone in 10 seconds

I am using the xoris

whats draining my energy? I tested xoris in simulacrum and it's not that.

I have noticed another weird quirk in netracells since the last update, seems self reviving when there are no units around capable of reviving you (downed companion)

I can't recall exactly what all those conditions/effects are off the top of my memory, but it could be a few things. 

There is one condition/debuff that if you are near a certain amount of enemies, your energy is drained. Ivara's prowl, also, will drain your energy faster, when you take damage, so if you have any of the conditions/debuffs that might have a damage over time, because you are not killing enemies, or jumping, or its the electricity one, or potentially a few others... Since you are in prowl, and being injured... your energy will drain much faster. 

There could be ways to offset this. You could try using Nourish with Energy Nexus and Energy Siphon. Maybe. If its the electricity AOE debuff, maybe Rolling Guard as well as always moving around a lot. If its the one where you need to jump a lot, well don't stand in one spot, always be jumping. I haven't used Ivara for a Netracell or EDA yet, so can't say much else sorry. 

• Like 1

Knifestep is a modifier that damages you when you're moving and can be halted by jumping,

Wampyri is a modifier that damages you over time, but in turn you heal yourself by killing enemies.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Ivara's prowl, also, will drain your energy faster, when you take damage,

And if both Knifestep and Wampyri counts as 'taking damage' by the Prowl, then yea that's the cause

Exhaustion Keyglyph is another thing, it drains your energy whenever enemies are nearby, but it seems that you didnt have that

• Like 3

As has been mentioned, any kind of constant damage will have this effect. For example the shield drain effect that can randomly appear in Disruption will *also* double as near instant energy vaporizer. Prowl is, unfortunately, stuck way in the past, and needs a rework. There is just no way I'm ever going to use Ivara again with the myriad of downsides her barely functional abilities have.

5 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

activating prowel makes my energy go from 600 to 0 in about 10 seconds

test standing around nothing, test prowel again energy gone in 10 seconds

whats draining my energy? I tested xoris in simulacrum and it's not that.

There is a modifier in Netracel that causes you to lose 2 Energy per Sec for each enemy within a certain range (I think it was 10m?) , since Prawl requires you to come up close to enemies for it to pickpocket them your energy will drain faster the more enemies you come close to.

29 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

modifier in Netracel that causes you to lose 2 Energy per Sec

It is not that. It is the interaction with 2 damage over time modifiers and Prowl energy cunsumption tied to damage taken, as people above already said.

Prowl expends EnergyOrb25 energy to activate. It then drains EnergyOrbAbilityDurationBuff1 point of energy per second while stationary and drains EnergyOrbAbilityDurationBuff3 energy per second while walking. Additionally, melee attacks consume EnergyOrb2 energy per hit, and taking damage consumes EnergyOrb10 energy per hit. Prowl will end if Ivara runs out of energy, if certain maneuvers are performed that break the cloak, or if deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default 3 ).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

It is not that. It is the interaction with 2 damage over time modifiers and Prowl energy cunsumption tied to damage taken, as people above already said.

Prowl expends EnergyOrb25 energy to activate. It then drains EnergyOrbAbilityDurationBuff1 point of energy per second while stationary and drains EnergyOrbAbilityDurationBuff3 energy per second while walking. Additionally, melee attacks consume EnergyOrb2 energy per hit, and taking damage consumes EnergyOrb10 energy per hit. Prowl will end if Ivara runs out of energy, if certain maneuvers are performed that break the cloak, or if deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default 3 ).

Reading through the thread, can't believe nobody knew this. Meleeing in prowl is not sustainable unless you go to extreme lengths with Voruna subsume maybe.

Posted (edited)

I guess I seem to have taken 3 keyglyphs that all deal damage, and the 4th inflicts bleed when I take damage,

I guess it makes sense it was drained so much based on draining 2 energy "per hit"

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Additionally, melee attacks consume 2 energy per hit

yeah why is this a thing? I don't get why Ivara isn't allowed to melee?

(gunblades and glaives seem to be an exception)

Edited by _Anise_

11 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I don't get why Ivara isn't allowed to melee?

if I had to guess, because Ivara is all about using invis for stealth, rather than combat. or at least that was the intention behind her: the problem is that in practice, Spy is the only place where stealth is even remotely useful outside of riven/nightwave challenges, and even then, that's only if you insist on doing the vaults undetected. where Ash uses his cloaking to ambush and kill enemies, and Loki uses it to trick enemies, Ivara uses it to avoid enemies altogether. even though she's very slow while in Prowl, her invisibility can last far longer than any other frame's, literally minutes on end. like I said though, not that useful in current Warframe where stealth is a fun but sub-optimal way to play at best.