Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenent opticor?

I'd love a Tenet Opticor, but am hyped for Glaxion as well. 

A part of me, would almost prefer an Incarnon Opticor though too. Like my ideal situation, is that we get an Opticor Incarnon, since the original Incarnon is pretty awesome as it is, as far as the feeling of the weapon, but a stats boost and buff would be great, as would having new evolutions to lean into different aspects of the gun. 

For example? I personally prefer a longer charge with the Opticor, but more damage. Like its why I prefer the original over the Vandal. I like the idea of a heavier, slower beam that does stupid high damage. Risk and reward. Some people might prefer "higher DPS" via faster fire rate and all that, and thats fine too. So with an Incarnon, you give people the choice on which weapon it will go on, original or Vandal. Then even the evolution tree can offer perks which will compliment what you want from the weapon. 

Then I think a cool Incarnon mode, would be the weapon, sort of transforming into an even heavier version of the weapon. So your Warframe takes the Archgun stance (a bit like the Phenmor), but instead of charging up one laser, the laser becomes a continuous beam, that you can sweep across an area, that just lights them up and wrecks them. The weapon is so heavy though, that you are pushed back a little and the sweep is slow and a bit shaky, because the laser beam is so immense. It should do dumb levels of DPS, but charge should be expended relatively fast. Like it would be the kind of Incarnon, where both modes are used a bit, depending on the circumstance (OG mode for long corridors and single target DPS, and Incarnon if you are in a large room surrounded by enemies that need to die fast). 

That being said, Tenet Arca Plasma was one of my fav improvements on a weapon ever, so again, a Tenet Opticor would also be very much welcome. 

• Like 1

Opticor is pretty lame since it now causes self stagger. Unless they get rid of some of the dumb weapons they added that to I'm not in.

1 hour ago, Dante_Duskwake said:

Glaxion is cool, but an opticor would be sweet. Dont you think?

I'm not gonna turn down more laserguns, but it's up to DE, and they chose Glaxion (which is fine, I like the Glaxion Vandal, and I'm curious how good it'll be, since beam weapons are pretty strong these days, so a Tenet version should be top-tier, at least on paper.)

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

The weapon is so heavy though, that you are pushed back a little and the sweep is slow and a bit shaky, because the laser beam is so immense.

we used to have this feature on certain archguns used in heavy mode, but people didn't like it and DE removed it. I like the idea of it having a long charge-up, but then basiclaly being a beam of pure death that deals an insane amount of damage and is somewhat hard to control.

34 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

. Unless they get rid of some of the dumb weapons they added that to I'm not in.

there's no need to get rid of the weapons themselves, just the stagger mechanic on small AoE weapons where it's more detrimental. on larger AOE weapons like Bramma it's there to discourage using the weapon up close (though I'd still argue they should bring back self-damage with a limit, say up to 70% of your warframe's health. that way people are encouraged to keep their distance unless they want to make themselves vulnerable to enemy fire, and we have a lot more ways of dealing with this issue now, like Catalyzing Shields.) 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

there's no need to get rid of the weapons themselves, just the stagger mechanic on small AoE weapons where it's more detrimental. on larger AOE weapons like Bramma it's there to discourage using the weapon up close (though I'd still argue they should bring back self-damage with a limit, say up to 70% of your warframe's health. that way people are encouraged to keep their distance unless they want to make themselves vulnerable to enemy fire, and we have a lot more ways of dealing with this issue now, like Catalyzing Shields.) 

Wording goof on my part. I meant get rid of the weapon stagger which didn't before and have suffered as result.

Zakti is a pinnacle example.

Self damage was fine. The only time it bothered me was when someone walked in front of you and they can just revive you anyways.
It's not like Solo where you screw up. It's your own fault and you suffer a revive from it. Both conditions are fair.

Edited by Xzorn

Posted (edited)

I have wanted one since Sisters debuted. I hope that if we do get a better Opticor that it's a Tenet Varient.

As much as I do enjoy the incarnons: Kuva, Tenet weapons should still have a place in the game as end game weapons. 

Infested liches are apparently a topic of discussion at Tennocon, I'd also like to see Sentient Liches as well, and see some high end Sentient weaponry.

Incarnons should not "be all, end all" weapons. Theyre powerful and fun but I'd love to see some new Lich/Rival weapons that add to the flavor of the game.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Only if it's actually the Opticor, and not a completely different gun like we got with "Opticor" Vandal.

Alternatively, opposite Opticor Vandal.

Takes even longer than the base to charge up and needs the full charge, but fires an absolute death star laser of a shot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Alternatively, opposite Opticor Vandal.

Takes even longer than the base to charge up and needs the full charge, but fires an absolute death star laser of a shot.

Asides from the funny memes, which you could probably achieve with Critical Delay anyways, it's probably not going to be fun to take longer to charge than it does for the rest of your squad to clear the next three rooms

If it is going to take longer to charge, then it needs QoL adjustments like removing the automatic full-charge fire, so even if it takes longer to charge you can still decide when to release it

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

While I would love a stronger Opticor, all I need and ask for is a different trigger type that would allow me to just hold it down and it would fire automatically. Either like Tenet Ferrox or a continuous beam.

The current hold to charge and then it fires by itself system is horrible. It gets annoying and tiresome to use after a mission or two. And then, even when you get the timing down, someone like Wisp buffs your fire rate and throws you off.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel