Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could old Nightwave Cosmetics appear on the Market after a certain amount of time?

Posted (edited)

Given that several old Nightwave Cosmetics still haven't returned in new Mix Volumes, could they at least get the "Tribute Pack-Treatment" some Supporter Packs got recently?

I.E. After some time they return through the Market for Platinum.

And while I understand some players wouldn't want to spend Platinum on something that could return for free on a new Mix Volume, it seems their return through free means TAKES WAY TOO LONG.

Thank you! :community:

Edit: The reason why I didn't suggest the Nightwave Store is that old cosmetics would most likely be in a rotation (and judging by how they manage things it would be a very long one), however they could be obtainable 24/7 through the Market (like Tribute Packs).

Also, there's a possibility it would take a lot of Nightwave Credits to obtain them (which would be a problem for people that can't play as much).

Edited by -CRONO-
  • Like 3

agreed with the store aspect. I find the store to be useful but somewhat limited. I am at plus 39 after finishing the main 30 objectives and stuck forever simply buying the same items over and over again, Nitain a catalyst some kuva? have many of the cosmetics and most unused simply to spend the earned shop credits as they are only good for credits once the session is over and a new one begins. I could simply ignore the nighwave missions but many of them I actually enjoy running whilst many others just complete automatically playing the game without any effort. Kill 500 enemies for example or complete 25 missions etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -CRONO- said:

Given that several old Nightwave Cosmetics still haven't returned in new Mix Volumes, could they at least get the "Tribute Pack-Treatment" some Supporter Packs got recently?

And while I understand some players wouldn't want to spend Platinum on something that could return for free on a new Mix Volume, it seems their return through free means TAKES WAY TOO LONG.

Edit: I meant to put this on Feedback, but got confused and posted it on Community by accident, sorry (would be great if this could get moved over there).

What are the cosmetics you mean? Can't think of much that hasn't been through aside from a decoration or two

5 hours ago, chaotea said:

Would be better to add that stuff to nightwave store.

Agreed, nightwave creds for nightwave items. Better than using platinum for it

Of course, there’s a possibility of it going into rotation, which might be inconvenient/inconsistent.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb -CRONO-:

Edit: I meant to put this on Feedback, but got confused and posted it on Community by accident, sorry (would be great if this could get moved over there).

baro could sell it too. baro has only trash rewards and nothing new since many YEARS... >:-(

Agreed, some cosmetics like saturn six syandana/protosomid shoulder armor/glacial syandana haven't returned in YEARS, we get about 2 nightwaves per year each of them adds new cosmetics it's just not enough to rotate nightwave cosmetics in a reasonable time 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, chaotea said:

Would be better to add that stuff to nightwave store.

The reason why I didn't mention this option has to do with what Aruquae said...

Old cosmetics would most likely be in a rotation (and judging by how they manage things it would be a very long one), however they would be obtainable 24/7 in the Market (like Tribute Packs).

Also, there's a possibility it would take a lot of Nightwave Credits to obtain them (which would be a problem for people that can't play as much).

Edited by -CRONO-

Posted (edited)

In case any moderator sees this, I would appreciate it if this could get moved into the Feedback subforums (I accidentally put it on Community).

Edited by -CRONO-

I think they should just add something like "wildcard" rewards in the tiers. Where it lets you select from a list of past rewards or extra Cred. Since adding them to the market for plat would be predatory to new players who missed out especially if they could still show up as repeats which would exploit the uninformed. And adding them to the Cred shop dilutes the pool and makes it harder for new players to "catch up" when they have so many other resources they need and who don't know what could be in the shop.

• Like 2

Just now, trst said:

Since adding them to the market for plat would be predatory to new players who missed out especially if they could still show up as repeats which would exploit the uninformed.

Should they appear on the Market my suggestion, of course, would be to remove them from new Mix Volumes (and I suspect its what they would do anyways).

4 minutes ago, trst said:

I think they should just add something like "wildcard" rewards in the tiers. Where it lets you select from a list of past rewards or extra Cred.

I actually like this idea, instead of receiving Nightwave Credits for old things we already got, with your suggestion we could at least choose the ones we didn't.

1 hour ago, trst said:

I think they should just add something like "wildcard" rewards in the tiers. Where it lets you select from a list of past rewards or extra Cred. Since adding them to the market for plat would be predatory to new players who missed out especially if they could still show up as repeats which would exploit the uninformed. And adding them to the Cred shop dilutes the pool and makes it harder for new players to "catch up" when they have so many other resources they need and who don't know what could be in the shop.

I really like this idea 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, trst said:

I love the wildcard idea. Keeps the cosmetics a bit special, offers a good avenue for past rewards, and can offer cred too, for those that have it all/don't want the cosmetics.

I will say though, it's quite an easy fix if they add stuff to the store: give out more cred. Who says they can't do 60 or 75 cred instead of 50? 20 instead of 15? 200 instead of 150?

At any rate, the unique weapon augments need to be made available somehow. I would love to acquire any I may have missed, and I'm sure newer players deserve to get them without forking over hundreds of plat. My favorite option would be the shop, rotating weekly through 2-4 of them. But maybe there's a better place for them?

Edited by pwnSacrifice

Posted (edited)

still don't know why DE don't just put ALL the cosmetics in the NW store, which not only ensures everyone can get everything if they have enough credits, it also frees up more slots for new things to be added. I know I'm probably in the minority, but it kinda sucks knowing that for me, who has done all the seasons,  90% of the rewards are just more creds because it's a duplicate, and the only stuff worth playing it for is in the last 3 ranks..

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, trst said:

This is a great idea, but this logic should be applied to the entirety of Nightwave to be quite honest. It's unnecessary to have ranks and seasons when you could just be doing challenges directly for Creds and buying exactly what you want from a rotating store.

The other route they could take is fusing all current, previous, and future Nightwaves into one system similar to how Helldivers 2 does their battle passes.

Edited by Voltage

I'm behind this. 

I've managed to miss both nightwaves with the saturn six armour due to Life(tm) and couldn't play the game at those times. I'd really like that armour :(

• Like 1