Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want more Umbra content, not for the Warframes, but so we have more Umbral Mods.

Posted (edited)

This is something I've had in the back of my mind for along time but never really expressed anywhere.

I personally think the current Umbral/Sanctified mods suck, and I think Umbral Forma isn't useful.

I always forget the Sanctified mods exist, and with the Umbral mods. I find anything I can gain from the full set bonus, I'm probably just better off building for that stat without the set bonus.

I don't know if it's worth saying the Umbral mods need a buff, but as it stands right now. I currently have 10+ fully built Umbral Forma in my Warframe inventory that are just sitting around that I don't use.

As much as I personally want a Mag Umbra, at this point I'd be more interested in just getting more Umbral, or Umbra-adjacent mods in Warframe since all of them that are in the game currently I have no reason personally to invest into.

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 3

Still hope we get some sort of "Umbral Adapter" that can give warframes "sentience." Could tie it into lore, having you witness the story of your warframe and all that. Of course, they would need to fix the Umbra bug beforehand...

I can dream

• Like 3

Just now, Aruquae said:

Still hope we get some sort of "Umbral Adapter" that can give warframes "sentience." Could tie it into lore, having you witness the story of your warframe and all that. Of course, they would need to fix the Umbra bug beforehand...

I can dream

"Echoes of Umbra". If only DE didn't think tying this to a daily upkeep was a good idea :(

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

"Echoes of Umbra". If only DE didn't think tying this to a daily upkeep was a good idea :(

Yeah, I think most players were highly in favor of the idea, it was just the maintenance aspect that was disliked.

• Like 2

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Zahnny:

This is something I've had in the back of my mind for along time but never really expressed anywhere.

I personally think the current Umbral/Sanctified mods suck, and I think Umbral Forma isn't useful.

I always forget the Sanctified mods exist, and with the Umbral mods. I find anything I can gain from the full set bonus, I'm probably just better off building for that stat without the set bonus.

I don't know if it's worth saying the Umbral mods need a buff, but as it stands right now. I currently have 10+ fully built Umbral Forma in my Warframe inventory that are just sitting around that I don't use.

As much as I personally want a Mag Umbra, at this point I'd be more interested in just getting more Umbral, or Umbra-adjacent mods in Warframe since all of them that are in the game currently I have no reason personally to invest into.

The problem is that umbra FORMA is extremely limited. So there isn't much leeway here. and for mele we also need a lot. especially when there is such garbage cash grab content like sp circuit.
So the bps have to drop somewhere regularly and much more often.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

and for mele we also need a lot. especially when there is such garbage cash grab content like sp circuit.

You might think you need it, but I don't ever use Umbra Forma on my melee except on very specific favourites, and have never personally had issues with SP circuit or other SP missions.

Though I wonder why you play missions you consider a "cash grab"

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

That's a fair opinion.  To be clear, I don't want to undermine your personal opinion at all when I present my opinion that is very different.

Umbra Forma are a resource that I never feel like I have enough of, so I always try to keep a handful around and not use them unless they're on a frame or a weapon that feels like they've really won me over.

The Umbral set for Warframes?  Incredibly powerful.  On just about any health tank Warframe  from Grendel to Nidus to Lavos — a full set is (in my very subjective opinion) all but necessary to truly maximize these frames.  It's hard to get more bang out of 3 mod slots than what the Umbral set provides, with a giant boost to EHP and 77% Strength.  And even if you aren't going full Umbral, if you want Strength with no downsides, 44% Strength out of a single mod is pretty great.  My Mag Prime has an Umbral polarity in her and I have absolutely no regrets.

Sacrificial Steel provides a vast amount of raw crit chance if you're not building combo to use Blood Rush.  And even if you are building combo, if you're using Tennokai, you still might be better off with Sacrificial Steel because its crit chance increase is doubled for heavy attacks, allowing it to reach heights that Blood Rush simply can't.  And that's assuming you're not using Sacrificial Pressure to make it even stronger.  I love melee weapons, and I love Tennokai, so melee weapons that I really enjoy generally get a single Umbral forma unless there's some reason not to...though that reason is usually that I simply don't have enough Umbral Forma for every weapon to get one. 

Anyway, that's just my subjective experience with these mods.  I wish I could take all your Umbral Forma off your hands XD

Edited by UnstarPrime
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

If you want Strength with no downsides, 44% Strength out of a single mod is pretty great.  My Mag Prime has an Umbral polarity in her and I have absolutely no regrets.

For me, I find Archon Intensify tends to work better (even if it is conditional), without requiring a Umbral forma, so I just use that.

Same for Health and Armor, I think other substitutes work well enough.

8 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

Anyway, that's just my subjective experience with these mods.  I wish I could take all your Umbral Forma off your hands XD

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Me if I could trade Umbral Forma

1 hour ago, UnstarPrime said:

The Umbral set for Warframes?  Incredibly powerful.  On just about any health tank Warframe  from Grendel to Nidus to Lavos — a full set is (in my very subjective opinion) all but necessary to truly maximize these frames.  It's hard to get more bang out of 3 mod slots than what the Umbral set provides, with a giant boost to EHP and 77% Strength.  And even if you aren't going full Umbral, if you want Strength with no downsides, 44% Strength out of a single mod is pretty great.  My Mag Prime has an Umbral polarity in her and I have absolutely no regrets.

In current version they are not so powerful compared to other sources. You can get strength or hp (or related) in many ways. I remember times before Archon shards, before hp/strength arcanes (zariman, duviri). At that time it was powerful contender with "just" one downside of "polarize into Umbra". Nowadays requiring polarization (not even umbra forma) is imho big downsides that makes Umbral set less useful. STill you can use but it's vert limited.

Sacrificial Steel provides a vast amount of raw crit chance if you're not building combo to use Blood Rush.  And even if you are building combo, if you're using Tennokai, you still might be better off with Sacrificial Steel because its crit chance increase is doubled for heavy attacks, allowing it to reach heights that Blood Rush simply can't.  And that's assuming you're not using Sacrificial Pressure to make it even stronger.  I love melee weapons, and I love Tennokai, so melee weapons that I really enjoy generally get a single Umbral forma unless there's some reason not to...though that reason is usually that I simply don't have enough Umbral Forma for every weapon to get one. 

There are so many requirements that it's honestly not worth. I think I have like 1 or 2 umbra polarities on melees.

Sure, you can get 2x for heavy attacks but it's easier to just do blood rush and have constant, faster attacks. Sure, you can Tennokai but there are other issues with that. You need tennokai mod that are available in some later game. Then you need to equip tennokai. Then you have chance (except 'on 4'). 'On 4' and more tennokai duration is "ok" but it requires 2 mod slots! Then you get slow heavies THAT ARE NOT SPEED UP VIA TENNOKAI.

For normal attacks, crit boost is not "huge". At base 20% you get 20%-30% more crit but that requires 2x more points or polarizations into specific polarization.

There is other, less restrictive ways. You can use Kullervo, Dagath (afair), arcane avenger with additive 50% crit chance etc.

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

^ people that would take my plat selling Archon shards

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Yeah, I would like have few options than just 2/3 currently.

First, it would still be limit of 3 (more mods would not increase stats).

For frames maybe:

- umbra efficiency, 35/40/60 if we go with that 16 (or still big) points. If we go with lower points(e.g. 9 like streamline), then maybe 30/35/45.

- umbra strength: 45/50/60. 9 points

For melees maybe:

- Stretch: 16points, 3.5/4.5/6 (so 0.5 bigger than primed Stretch but +2 points; 1 meters more than Stretch + Spring loaded blade at 3 mods)

- Umbra void: 60% status chance, 60% void damage, +10/+30 at 2/3 mods in set

• Like 2

We need a new trilogy! Umbra Hand Spring, Umbra Warm Coat and Umbra Ammo Case complete with stacking bonuses of +% Warframe width increase. 

Let the skies rain with the tears of the anti power creepers, and the salt plains grow with the salt of anti power fantasy naysayers, as a new broken meta emerges. 

5 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I dont think they suck but i really think DE could have added a few more Umbrals over time for players to mix and match and still get the benefit of the 3 Mod sets, given they completely scrapped the Condrix Mods...

4 hours ago, Aruquae said:

I can dream

4 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

4 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Yeah, I think most players were highly in favor of the idea, it was just the maintenance aspect that was disliked.

Not really, many players back then protested it and i often see players who actually play with Umbra constantly complain about how his Specter mode is disruptive and removes active buffs/abilities when switching to Operator/Drifter, also DE has already scrapped this idea given how players often exploited things like specters/clones to automate farming which is not good for the game or in their interest.

I personally am not in favor of it for the same reasons above.

4 hours ago, Zahnny said:

DE will never make them tradeable given their importance in some late/end game builds and how people could be making multiple accounts to acquire them for trade, maybe purchasable for plat given their "Pay to speed up/convenience".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not really, many players back then protested it and i often see players who actually play with Umbra constantly complain about how his Specter mode is disruptive and removes active buffs/abilities when switching to Operator/Drifter, also DE has already scrapped this idea given how players often exploited things like specters/clones to automate farming which is not good for the game or in their interest.

I personally am not in favor of it for the same reasons above.

At the time it was definitely the daily upkeep that got the biggest pushback. This was years ago, long before the recent focus on countering automation. DE shelved it over the pushback on the daily upkeep and never came back to the idea, simple as.

As for the value of Echoes of Umbra, it's could always just have a toggle. That's something people who play with Umbra constantly ask for, too. Removing active buffs and abilities is likewise something that could be changed if DE cared enough to do it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aruquae said:

I can dream

Umbra xaku.

Holding their head as they cant handle having three fractured personalities on one skull.

• Like 2

Just now, Aruquae said:

I’ll do you one better

Xaku Umbra Prime 

Well I mean.
Xaku IS made from three seperate frames. Nobody said it couldn't be Xaku, a Prime and Umbra.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aruquae said:
29 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Prime or umbra. Il take either. But id personally prefer umbra xaku :p

I’ll do you one better

Xaku Umbra Prime 

We need go deeper INCARNON Xaku Umbra Prime.

You set not 1 but 3 frames (umbras). 3 frames can be moded and their abilities selected like perks in Incarnon weapons. You can Helminth every 4 frames.

Here is music for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PItBJTNR0mE

18 minutes ago, Zahnny said:
19 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

I’ll do you one better

Xaku Umbra Prime 

Well I mean.
Xaku IS made from three seperate frames. Nobody said it couldn't be Xaku, a Prime and Umbra.

The thing is that there is no international Umbra prime. Altought it seems like Excal Umbra Prime is not Umbra + Prime (it lacks some characteristics).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

At the time it was definitely the daily upkeep that got the biggest pushback. This was years ago, long before the recent focus on countering automation. DE shelved it over the pushback on the daily upkeep and never came back to the idea, simple as.

As for the value of Echoes of Umbra, it's could always just have a toggle. That's something people who play with Umbra constantly ask for, too. Removing active buffs and abilities is likewise something that could be changed if DE cared enough to do it.

Well if I'm being honest, we basically already have the whole Umbral Adapter thing with Specters, even down to the resource cost, and that feels like a better concept. I feel like DE should just tweak the whole BP and resource cost with them instead, like making just one blueprint and having the Granum Void be the place for the resource to build them.

It makes me really want an automated Necramech option instead honestly. Not only would the current Umbral system work with them FAR better due to their massive health bars, you could easily limit them to just regular abilities with no ultimates and I'm sure they'd be fine. I guess Bonewidow would still suck but that's a different problem.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Well if I'm being honest, we basically already have the whole Umbral Adapter thing with Specters, even down to the resource cost, and that feels like a better concept. I feel like DE should just tweak the whole BP and resource cost with them instead, like making just one blueprint and having the Granum Void be the place for the resource to build them.

I just want more frames with scarves. Umbra is great fashionframe. The "fighting alongside you" thing isn't all that practical or useful when, like you say, we have so many other options.

But going from fighting as a Warframe, to fighting as a Warframe or an Operator, to fighting as an Operator alongside their awakened Warframe is a really obvious evolution. Having more Umbral weapons like Skiajati could also fill the gap between Primes and new stuff like Incarnons by creating a new higher tier variant for Tenno weapons. Sort of like how we have Wraith and then Kuva for the Grineer, and Vandal and then Tenet for the Corpus, we could have Prime and then Umbral for us.

• Like 1