The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would people be interested in Negative Stat mods existing, and existing as Exilus mods?

Thanks to the recent Adversary mini-update I've finally got around to farming Kuva and Tenet weapons I had been procastinating on.

As such I recently obtained the Tenet Diplos, and on a surface level I think it's already one of my new favourite secondaries.

Though there was one small issue that I feel would be remedied if Negative Stat mods were to exist, something I've wanted in the past.

In this instance, I would like Reduced Projectile Speed. I think the Lock-on Homing feature of the Diplos is great, though the speed of the projectiles can be a little harder to work with in smaller and more enclosed areas, the projectiles also have a small travel time before the Homing effect activates.

If Negative Stat mods were to exist, this would probably make the weapon better to use, at least in my opinion.

At the same time, I imagine anyone wanting Negative Stats isn't exactly trying to pump up their damage numbers, so why not make them Exilus mods at the same time?

I'm curious if anyone else has similar experiences where they wished they could reduce stats to make a weapon better suited to themselves. An obvious example I can think of would be Negative Fire Rate for high fire rate weapons.

NOTE: Since someone will probably mention this, I'm aware you can get Negative stats with Rivens, but I find trying to roll a positive stat is already difficult, and you get three chances per roll, where as Negatives only give you 1 chance of getting the stat you want.

• Like 6

It be welcomed, but sometimes even weapons are near set mods as must, and lee way is arcanes.

So having exilus mod, or new arcanes with some negative stats , better possitive would be probable thing to happen some where along the way.

Negative projectile speed is something I've hankered for on a few weapons.    I don't know that I would seriously use an exilus mod for it  on any builds, but it's really amusing to play with on things like the Buzlok and Cyanex.

A corrupted mod with a good positive--like multishot maybe--would be interesting, but I think it should be restricted to projectile weapons.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Negative projectile speed is something I've hankered for on a few weapons.    I don't know that I would seriously use an exilus mod for it  on any builds, but it's really amusing to play with on things like the Buzlok and Cyanex.

A corrupted mod with a good positive--like multishot maybe--would be interesting, but I think it should be restricted to projectile weapons.  

Negative projectile speed helps the homing so it would be beneficial on the likes of Akarius.

I'd like negative accuracy which would help AoE weapons hit more enemies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Negative projectile speed helps the homing so it would be beneficial on the likes of Akarius.

I know the wiki says this in a few places about homing weapons but my testing on neutral vs. bonus projectile speed has been inconclusive.  On the Cyanex somewhat higher projectile speed actually seemed to help, although the effect was minor enough I don't put too much into it.  (I also haven't tested the Akarius with this, so it could be an exception.)

Anyway, my gut feeling is negative projectile speed would assist homing very little, except maybe in cases where it was offsetting bonus projectile speed.

Corrupt mods are good enough. You get a huge benefit then a detriment. Certain weapons just works better with specific detriments. Like fire rate for some weapons. 

I got a -150% projectile flight speed on twin gremlin before. It became a melee weapon. With some punch through I spam Mag's Pull for the lol.

You've only provided a single use case for a "negative" mod, so rather than introducing a bunch of mods that are nearly useless that people won't use, why not simply address the valid use case you've pointed out?

Which is to say, propose a mod that does something like:

Reduces projectile speed by X%.

Increases projectile lifetime by Y%.

This would reduce the speed to allow better homing capabilities, while compensating for the loss of range that incurs by increasing the projectile lifetime.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

You've only provided a single use case for a "negative" mod, so rather than introducing a bunch of mods that are nearly useless that people won't use, why not simply address the valid use case you've pointed out?

Which is to say, propose a mod that does something like:

Reduces projectile speed by X%.

Increases projectile lifetime by Y%.

This would reduce the speed to allow better homing capabilities, while compensating for the loss of range that incurs by increasing the projectile lifetime.

To be honest, the reason I suggested a mod that only does something negatively was so that you could use different mod ranks of it to better suite your preference. With multiple stats it suddenly becomes more of an incentive to have it max rank.

This isn't to mock your idea or anything but for example, having Projectile Lifetime would mean I'm more strongly incentivized to have the mod at max rank, potentially making it slower than I want to, in order to benefit from the higher projectile lifetime.

I hope that makes sense. This might end up being a non-issue, but it was just my thinking when making the thread originally.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb ominumi:

Corrupt mods are good enough. You get a huge benefit then a detriment. Certain weapons just works better with specific detriments. Like fire rate for some weapons. 

I got a -150% projectile flight speed on twin gremlin before. It became a melee weapon. With some punch through I spam Mag's Pull for the lol.

actually still work poorly. Especially when it comes to weapons, they hardly make any sense.

And in order for such mods to be usable, good skills shouldn't require 3-4 stat improvements. So something like: only benefit from strength+range but don't need a duration. Another example would be Rhino armor

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Thanks to the recent Adversary mini-update I've finally got around to farming Kuva and Tenet weapons I had been procastinating on.

As such I recently obtained the Tenet Diplos, and on a surface level I think it's already one of my new favourite secondaries.

Though there was one small issue that I feel would be remedied if Negative Stat mods were to exist, something I've wanted in the past.

In this instance, I would like Reduced Projectile Speed. I think the Lock-on Homing feature of the Diplos is great, though the speed of the projectiles can be a little harder to work with in smaller and more enclosed areas, the projectiles also have a small travel time before the Homing effect activates.

If Negative Stat mods were to exist, this would probably make the weapon better to use, at least in my opinion.

At the same time, I imagine anyone wanting Negative Stats isn't exactly trying to pump up their damage numbers, so why not make them Exilus mods at the same time?

I'm curious if anyone else has similar experiences where they wished they could reduce stats to make a weapon better suited to themselves. An obvious example I can think of would be Negative Fire Rate for high fire rate weapons.

NOTE: Since someone will probably mention this, I'm aware you can get Negative stats with Rivens, but I find trying to roll a positive stat is already difficult, and you get three chances per roll, where as Negatives only give you 1 chance of getting the stat you want.

Negative fite rate to counter my/others wisp motes?!

YES. PLEASE.

Where do i sign!?

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Have you tried "meteor shower test"?

6 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I guess incarnon with negative crit chance OR internal bleeding / Hemmorrhage for x2 damage for firerate below 2.5.

For me... like above video I would just play with frames/weapons FOR FUN. One reason that I like rivens (and myriads that I hate) is that once in a while you get interesting negative stat.

I have negative range melees. Sure, you can slap range mods... but meh. You can use slams (range doesn't affect slam range).

Other one is Soma with negative damage (more than 100%). It doesn't even show some stats with that riven on. It's funny. It doesn't do any damage. However status still works (not sure about details - it was long time ago). So I can kill enemies with status. Even that, afair, 100+ corrupted heavy gunners.

I've tried make troll volt with negative speed... it's just the smallest buff.

I've tried to make disarmer xaku (spamming 2nd) but it's not great later in game.

I wish we have more "fun mods/arcanes/things" but sadly no. *sad Styanax flying through space*

I wouldn't mind some more control ,

I can think of a few instances where negative fire rate or lower IPS (mostly i or p) would help the weapon overall .

But my question is , do we lose mod points or gain mod points because of this ?

9 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I wouldn't mind some more control ,

I can think of a few instances where negative fire rate or lower IPS (mostly i or p) would help the weapon overall .

But my question is , do we lose mod points or gain mod points because of this ?

Given Peculiar mods do nothing and still drain a slot and mod capacity...I feel like DE would make it consume still. Which I don't consider a big deal since I'm used to it, but it is a good point to bring up.

• Like 1

I'd like a positive recoil mod. Some weapons have too little recoil and feel sterile, and more recoil helps them feel lively.

These are all a bit hard to justify as an Exilus given things like Vigilante Supplies, but that's more a problem with modding in general.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I'd like a positive recoil mod. Some weapons have too little recoil and feel sterile, and more recoil helps them feel lively.

These are all a bit hard to justify as an Exilus given things like Vigilante Supplies, but that's more a problem with modding in general.

Yeah, I have a riven for the Braton with added recoil that makes it feel a lot punchier.

I've often wished for a +accuracy / +recoil corrupted exilus mod.

Yes please. More ways to affect the intrinsic stats of our equipment would be welcome, and negative stat mods can be a means to “I didn’t expect this to be so fun, yet it’s a lot of it”

3 hours ago, CrendKing said:

Something like this:

MIexZRl.jpeg

Assuming this is yours, are you going to leave us hanging?

I'm interested to learn of how it feels in game.