The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Speed Nova an augment

Juuyon

With Jade bringing in yet another Strength buffing Warframe, I expect another wave of toxicity in public squads from Speed Nova players.

So why don't we just finally fix the bug that Speed Nova always was and instead introduce an augment (bonus points for fitting into Exilus slot) that makes Molecular Prime speed up enemies, only this time it actually scales positively with Ability Strength? That would provide some actual benefit to Speed Nova players and remove a lot of the potential frustration when interacting with strength-buffing frames.

• Like 3

Speedva is pretty specialized build to a very specialized mission types. If you notice someone is giving you power STR, just tell them about it. I had so far Equinox and Nidus in Netracells and both times simply telling them that you are Speedva was enough for them to stop.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

4 часа назад, Juuyon сказал:

With Jade bringing in yet another Strength buffing Warframe, I expect another wave of toxicity in public squads from Speed Nova players.

So why don't we just finally fix the bug that Speed Nova always was and instead introduce an augment (bonus points for fitting into Exilus slot) that makes Molecular Prime speed up enemies, only this time it actually scales positively with Ability Strength? That would provide some actual benefit to Speed Nova players and remove a lot of the potential frustration when interacting with strength-buffing frames.

If you go in public squad with Speed Nova and than burn on fact that public squad mates use their abilityes... Then its your fault, not a public squad mates...

Edited by -MElHiOR-
grammar
  • Like 3

The problem with Speed build being based on an Augment mod is that currently we can have some builds for Nova that let her switch in mission between slow, neutral and fast, and this is very nice.

As an exemple, for last week's EDA I used a "switching Nova" build : slow for the Mirror Defense, neutral for Alchemy and Fast for Survival (not sure the lissions were on this order).

Perhaps a tap/hold mechanic for Slow/Fast would be a better solution for your problem, but I'm not sure this is possible and suitable.

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind it being a augment mod, but do not approve of making it immune to other buffs. there are some players who want enemies to be slower as they are easier to hit and get head shots on.

As OP mentioned Snovas can be very toxic if any one effecting their ability, claiming others shouldnt be changing their playstyle but that excuse works both ways snovas changing my own playstyle/tactics.

11 минут назад, LordDragoonis сказал:

I wouldnt mind it being a augment mod, but do not approve of making it immune to other buffs. there are some players who want enemies to be slower as they are easier to hit and get head shots on.

As OP mentioned Snovas can be very toxic if any one effecting their ability, claiming others shouldnt be changing their playstyle but that excuse works both ways snovas changing my own playstyle/tactics.

It is problem only for those who go in public with speed nova build...

• Like 1

It's actually a very good idea to "untie" movement speed of enemies affected by Molecular Prime from strength stat. While speed nova build is quite niche it's still valuable, but due to the lack of strength it can't be used well for anything but speeding up enemies. And letting Nova to speed up / slow down enemies without the need to change her strength would make her much more versatile.

It can be done without augment mods or anything like that. Just turn Molecular Prime into a tap / hold ability. Tapping it will slow down the enemies and holding it will speed them up. And strength will determine how fast / slow the enemies are moving.

• Like 5

4 минуты назад, Tesla_Reloaded сказал:

It's actually a very good idea to "untie" movement speed of enemies affected by Molecular Prime from strength stat. While speed nova build is quite niche it's still valuable, but due to the lack of strength it can't be used well for anything but speeding up enemies. And letting Nova to speed up / slow down enemies without the need to change her strength would make her much more versatile.

It can be done without augment mods or anything like that. Just turn Molecular Prime into a tap / hold ability. Tapping it will slow down the enemies and holding it will speed them up. And strength will determine how fast / slow the enemies are moving.

and what about zero build Nova? If i want just make enemies more vulnerable and not fast or slow?

26 минут назад, -MElHiOR- сказал:

and what about zero build Nova? If i want just make enemies more vulnerable and not fast or slow?

Nothing will change with this build. I only suggest to "split" Molecular Prime into two versions of itself.

Right now Molecular Prime at 70% ability strength doesn't affect enemy speed. Above 70% strength it slows down the enemies. Below 70% it speeds them up.

With "split" version a player will have ability to choose the effect - Molecular Prime Slow or Molecular Prime Fast

70% ability strength and below - Molecular Prime Slow and Molecular Prime Fast won't affect the enemies speed.

But with ability strength above 70% Molecular Prime Slow will be slowing down the enemies, and Molecular Prime Fast will be speeding them up.

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, -MElHiOR- said:

If you go in public squad with Speed Nova and than burn on fact that public squad mates use their abilityes... Than its your fault, not a public squad mates...

^Then.

Только что, 2old4gamez сказал:

^Then.

Right... Sorry, english is not my native language.

18 минут назад, Tesla_Reloaded сказал:

Nothing will change with this build. I only suggest to "split" Molecular Prime into two versions of itself.

Right now Molecular Prime at 70% ability strength doesn't affect enemy speed. Above 70% strength it slows down the enemies. Below 70% it speeds them up.

With "split" version a player will have ability to choose the effect - Molecular Prime Slow or Molecular Prime Fast

70% ability strength and below - Molecular Prime Slow and Molecular Prime Fast won't affect the enemies speed.

But with ability strength above 70% Molecular Prime Slow will be slowing down the enemies, and Molecular Prime Fast will be speeding them up.

Then this makes sense...

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Speedva is pretty specialized build to a very specialized mission types. If you notice someone is giving you power STR, just tell them about it. I had so far Equinox and Nidus in Netracells and both times simply telling them that you are Speedva was enough for them to stop.

telling them to stop using their aura (growing power) mid mission usually don't work so well :p

and no I can't not shoot things because it's literally my companion procing it 😐

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

13 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

teling them to stop thair aura (growing power) mid mission usually don't work so well :p

First of all Growing Power buff is only activated by your own status applied by weapons (as in not teammates). You just have to refrain from hitting anything 6s before casting MP.

13 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

and no I can't not shoot things because it's literally my companion procing it 😐

Furthermore, I run Power Donation/Overextended Speedva with final 10% power STR. +25% STR puts me on 35%, which is also Speedva. Tripple Growing Power results in 85% which is Neutralva.

Edited by Zakkhar

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

how does that work?

like this for example :)

Spoiler

jmT9uya.png

11 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Furthermore, I run Power Donation/Overextended Speedva with final 10% power STR. +25% STR puts me on 35%, which is also Speedva.

I get that. I'm just a perfectionist who'd like to keep their 10% STR 🙃

5 минут назад, kadlis12 сказал:

Would it not be better to rework the power to tap/hold or switching on hold?

That's what I suggested a few posts above, but people prefer to roast the OP.

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded
  • Like 5

I'd be fine with either. I just think it makes sense to scale Speed Nova with Strength positively, as I think right now she's pretty much the only Warframe who has an interest in keeping Ability Strength low, which puts her at odds with any respective buff.

• Like 2

Simple solution.

Tap = Slow

Hold = Speed

In both cases you benefit from positive strength up to a reasonable cap. It would still allow people to build for potential neutral speed for just the debuff since both speed and slow would increase from positive strength, so negative strength modding would bring both closer to +/- 0%.

• Like 4

Il y a 1 heure, Rawbeard a dit :

how does that work?

There are many possibilities (some even use Kitgun arcanes).

Mine is a little bit different from the one (a very good one, by the way) @LittleLeoniePrime gave you and it's based on Madurai's Sling Strength, Empower and Molt vigor, as I also wanted some DR for survivability while using the speed Molecular Prime. This build lets you use full speed, full Slow and (almost) neutral in mission with no problem.

nova-switch-build.jpg

But as said before (I think I was the first to mention this possibility) a tap/hold mechanic would perhaps be a better solution, but I really don't know if it's technically possible.

Edited by AegidiusF
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, AegidiusF said:

There are many possibilities (some even use Kitgun arcanes).

Mine is a little bit different from the one (a very good one, by the way) @LittleLeoniePrime gave you and it's based on Madurai's Sling Strength, Empower and Molt vigor, as I also wanted some DR for survivability while using the speed Molecular Prime. This build lets you use full speed, full Slow and (almost) neutral in mission with no problem.

nova-switch-build.jpg

But as said before (I think I was the first to mention this possibility) a tap/hold mechanic would perhaps be a better solution, but I really don't know if it's technically possible.

I realise my screenshot doesn't show abilities which was a big oversight. I do have empowerd subsumed as well.

39 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Simple solution.

Tap = Slow

Hold = Speed

In both cases you benefit from positive strength up to a reasonable cap. It would still allow people to build for potential neutral speed for just the debuff since both speed and slow would increase from positive strength, so negative strength modding would bring both closer to +/- 0%.

this ^^

• Like 2