The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pls lower cost of arcanes in event.

The cost is insane, 46 per arcane energise. Need to do 42 more missions. It's actually torture, been repeating the same thing over and over for 12 hours over 2 days and only have enough for a R3 arcane. I thought the whole point of adding limitations is to avoid burn out yet the cost of 1 is so high farming even half of one R5 arcane causes burn out. if the CIA need a new torture method, just make the prisoners play this mission 42 times. 

Rather than limit the amount we can farm, limit the price....

EDIT: Another way is increase volatile mote drops to like guaranteed 15 or 14?

Edit 2: Miscalculated it, so you need 5 arcanes for R4 and 5 so, need to do like 100+ more of these missions.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

You do know that this event runs for a whole month, right?  You just spread the runs out over a longer period.  Two or three a day is easy.

How do I know others won't farm it all at once or get burnt out and quit? Can't do SP by myself, need a squad to help.

Edited by _Eclips3_

Considering how nuts players get over every event like this I doubt DE will budge on the price or limit. They don't want players farming 200 r5 copies of Arcanes nor do they want players spending 12 hours a day for a month to farm them.

• Like 2

I do agree with this. When I saw the prices for the normal store and arcanes, I was satisfied. 

Looking at the clan variant and it's arcanes, felt like a kick in the face with an immediate "I'm not doing this" response.. So it is kind of out of line compared to all other pricing on the store.

It's odd, and weird considering there's a cap now. (which I'm fine with, the cap. Could even make it 21)

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Then you play normal mode.  Horrible, I know, but hey, swallowing your pride and playing normal mode in order to save your mental health doesn't seem like that bad of a deal.

Yeah, I mean I'll have no choice, but why hide behind a fake façade about caring about our wellbeing and stopping us from burning out when the actions say otherwise? Just say "we don't want you farming all the good arcanes and saturating the market with them causing loss in platinum sales so you can only farm 2 full arcanes."

8 minutes ago, trst said:

Considering how nuts players get over every event like this I doubt DE will budge on the price or limit. They don't want players farming 200 r5 copies of Arcanes nor do they want players spending 12 hours a day for a month to farm them.

Not just that but people already probably did the latter and would go insane if it was lowered after all that effort.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

I do agree with this. When I saw the prices for the normal store and arcanes, I was satisfied. 

Looking at the clan variant and it's arcanes, felt like a kick in the face with an immediate "I'm not doing this" response.. So it is kind of out of line compared to all other pricing on the store.

It's odd, and weird considering there's a cap now. (which I'm fine with, the cap. Could even make it 21)

Yeah, should have priced them like the non clan arcanes.

• Like 3

I just think the price difference is funny more than anything. 1,, 3, 5 then 46 per with a purchase limit.

DE knows what players want. Outside Molt Augmented those are easily the most used.

Well, not Barrier. Never found much use for that level of RNG survival.

12 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I got both R5 Barrier and R5 Aegis on my Hildryn, but that seems to be only use for it.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, EverdarkRaven said:

It's like an hour a day for the month and you'll get everything, its not a race you can take your time with it. 

I'm more task orientated, once it's on my mind, i will think about it night and day till the task is complete. It's a type of autism I guess? I will literally push through anything just to get the goal or task complete which is probably why I'm pretty successful in the gym. I just can't help it.

31 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I just think the price difference is funny more than anything. 1,, 3, 5 then 46 per with a purchase limit.

DE knows what players want. Outside Molt Augmented those are easily the most used.

Yeah, the price difference is whack. Thank the lord I already have grinded Arcane Grace in scarlet spear i think. Would have loved Molt Augmented but no way will DE allow us to get it easy with the non clan prices.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Hijack incoming ... Barrier ... I tried it and it didn't seem to do anything.

It does. Good place to test it is also the Endurance Test on Lua. Albeit you have to drop Aegis, because otherwise it tickles.

2 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

How do I know others won't farm it all at once or get burnt out and quit? Can't do SP by myself, need a squad to help.

Do you have trouble matchmaking in missions that aren't dailies/weeklies?  If not, I don't think you'll have any trouble finding parties.  At least in my experience, if I pick any random node on the Star Chart (either SP or non-SP) I'm almost always matched with others.  Considering this is a limited time event with hefty rewards, there will be plenty of people who will want to play it all the way up until the end.

I hope this information can relieve some of the anxiety you seem to be feeling; I've been there, and I know it sucks.  Pace yourself in a way that keeps you healthy and happy!

Personally, I'd recommend doing some planning.  Figure out what arcanes you want, what the total cost of them is, and then divide that by the number of days left in the event (assuming you play everyday).  If the amount you need to get daily sounds like more than you'll enjoy doing, then I'd recommend reducing the number of arcanes on your list until the number feels reasonable.  And item in a video game isn't worth you feeling miserable.

36 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I'm more task orientated, once it's on my mind, i will think about it night and day till the task is complete. It's a type of autism I guess? I will literally push through anything just to get the goal or task complete which is probably why I'm pretty successful in the gym. I just can't help it.

I'm similar... errr, not with the gym though...

One of the things that's helped me not go overboard recently has been to make a checklist so that I know when to stop doing all the different grinds I still have to do for the tiny drop rates. It's a reframing that says today's task is to do x runs - and make x the right amount to not burn you out.

Try doing the alerts instead between ascension missions. They are so much faster, you can get pretty much an arcane once an hour (3x15 motes on SP) in about 15-20 minutes and they give you a nice break.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Do you have trouble matchmaking in missions that aren't dailies/weeklies?  If not, I don't think you'll have any trouble finding parties.  At least in my experience, if I pick any random node on the Star Chart (either SP or non-SP) I'm almost always matched with others.  Considering this is a limited time event with hefty rewards, there will be plenty of people who will want to play it all the way up until the end.

I hope this information can relieve some of the anxiety you seem to be feeling; I've been there, and I know it sucks.  Pace yourself in a way that keeps you healthy and happy!

Personally, I'd recommend doing some planning.  Figure out what arcanes you want, what the total cost of them is, and then divide that by the number of days left in the event (assuming you play everyday).  If the amount you need to get daily sounds like more than you'll enjoy doing, then I'd recommend reducing the number of arcanes on your list until the number feels reasonable.  And item in a video game isn't worth you feeling miserable.

Thanks for the lovely response :)

Just got the last few with plat, the grind is finally over.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, yoritomosomori said:

I'm similar... errr, not with the gym though...

One of the things that's helped me not go overboard recently has been to make a checklist so that I know when to stop doing all the different grinds I still have to do for the tiny drop rates. It's a reframing that says today's task is to do x runs - and make x the right amount to not burn you out.

Try doing the alerts instead between ascension missions. They are so much faster, you can get pretty much an arcane once an hour (3x15 motes on SP) in about 15-20 minutes and they give you a nice break.

That's actually pretty clever. Thanks. Luckily the grind is over so don't need to plan it out anymore lol. Although I hope the prices are still lowered for everyone else's sake.

Edited by _Eclips3_

3 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

That's actually pretty clever. Thanks. Luckily the grind is over so don't need to plan it out anymore lol. Although I hope the prices are still lowered for everyone else's sake.

You earned almost a thousand motes... in around 30 hours? Yeah, you are definitely task focused!

Keep that reframing idea in mind though, might come in helpful some other time.

• Like 1

Just came to show support for this I also agree legendary arcane prices should be dropped since the 1-3-5 for bronze, silver and gold compared to the 46 for legendary which is ridiculous

for the people that disagree (hopefully from a market inflation standpoint) just so you know you cannot buy more than 42 arcanes in this event and on top of it DE made it so you cannot trade legendary arcanes if you are under MR11

• Like 6

Last two events let you buy a legendary arcane after 1-2 missions, being 2x the cost of a rare/gold arcane, there is no sane reason to increase that cost to 5-6 missions, 9x the cost of a rare/gold arcane.

Not even the "to prevent burnout" excuse, since you can only buy 2 sets max, and the average player won't get more than 1, so getting one set of each legendary arcane should not cost MORE than getting every other arcane set, combined.

• Like 6