Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Update 12 Anticipation Megathread

Luminide

Therein lies the main issue it would appear.

Either the game spawns very low enemy levels or you are only playing low locations.

I'm looking at the high end content with enemies who are equivalent to level 100-200, onwards, from the previous Dmg 1.0 system.

Those would be 40-60+ now, if I am not mistaken.

Belief is meaningless. Speak of facts alone.

Post Dmg 2.0 nothing is for granted. Unless it deals corrosive damage (and no reason for it to be so) it does not ignore armour.

Regardless, armour ignore is no longer an issue as before with Dmg 1.0 as to boast in it.

The KB is only applied in a small cone ahead.

Honestly, neither Slash Dash nor Charge are viable end-game abilities. But just as note, Slash Dash has better damage output.

Again, Roar is nice. But as utility, Banshee is superior.

As he said, Rhino is a jack of all trades...which means a master of none. 

Not Link, Blessing. 5 seconds of invulnerability chained together ad infinium via use of energy vampire (Trinity need not rely on another Trinity to maintain its status, unlike Rhino).

Link does make an exquisite slayer, though, when fighting hard-hitting opponents.

Armour is useless. Your estimates are meaningless. Actually try armour in the game and check the results.

A Valkyr can chain invulnerability with its ultimate as well, far better than the Iron Skin effect.

Best Regards,

I am not playing in low level locations. Nightmare nodes are not low level. I can do just fine in T3 missions. The stomp gives me a breather while my shotgun wipes out enemies in 1-2 hits.

Rhino's Charge is better than slash dash because it knocks down enemies. Granted it's pointless at high end but still better than slash dash. Just knock'em over and run back finishing them off as they try to get up.

Blessing may work in theory but there's a high chance someone will kill your energy vampire victim before it finishes regening your energy. Also Blessing doesn't seem to protect Trinity. At least that's my experience, so if she drops everyone dies.

With maxed Steel Fiber Valkyr's defense shoots up 630. If you look here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Fiber

You can see that the damage is reduced to 33%. Now if you check Valkyr's Warcry: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warcry

You'll see that she can boost your and her own armor by 114% while also reducing enemy speed. So you double up the 630 to 1260 and do the formula you see on Steel Fiber's page and I got that 80% of damage is mitgated. Mind you I didn't do the whole 114% , just the 100%.

Banshee's Sonar is nice, but it's hard to hit some of those locations like the foot of a corpus/Moa/Grineer while it's running.

Will Rhino become "heavier", falling faster and having more resistance to knockbacks/knockdowns?

Weight has nothing to do with falling speed...

Mass, drag and gravity, however, do. Oxium's feature is that it has a much lighter mass which makes it more floaty though considering someone 'has' to be in the suit (and likely of a greater mass than oxium), it's something of a guess that oxium itself hasn't only a lesser mass but might be causing it to defy newtonian physics to a degree.

So Rhino won't likely fall faster.... though I'm wondering if being encased in an oxium suit would cause great discomfort for the wearer if it does lead to alter gravity or somesuch; wouldn't that cause your internal organs to float around a bit within your body (that is, assuming the Tenno still have a relatively human-like internal physiology).

Then again, we're playing in a game where we can set people on fire on a whim, teleport short distance and bend light to turn invisible; so Rule of Cool would dictate "It works because it's awesome"

Edited by Wiegraf

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ U12 or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Edited by Anzuul

With maxed Steel Fiber Valkyr's defense shoots up 630. If you look here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Fiber

You can see that the damage is reduced to 33%. Now if you check Valkyr's Warcry: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warcry

You'll see that she can boost your and her own armor by 114% while also reducing enemy speed. So you double up the 630 to 1260 and do the formula you see on Steel Fiber's page and I got that 80% of damage is mitgated. Mind you I didn't do the whole 114% , just the 100%.

Have you actually equipped max steel fiber on a valkyr and tested against level 30+ enemies to see how hard they hit and how fast you die with it and without?

Guest Shibboleet

Much logical fallacy.

Twisting what is said so as to fit a narrow propaganda line s not an argument.

No one of worth uses Rhino, in areas that are above level 30, because it is a moot frame that brings nothing to the table.

Hell, I'd value a Loki more, even.

Yes, the situation is that bad.

Best Regards,

I'm pretty sure my clan has used Rhino plenty of times in the past to achieve the records on certain defense tile sets.

Charge and Iron skin becomes worthless, but stomp and roar are nice utility.

Edited by Shibboleet

Weight has nothing to do with falling speed...

Mass, drag and gravity, however, do. Oxium's feature is that it has a much lighter mass which makes it more floaty though considering someone 'has' to be in the suit (and likely of a greater mass than oxium), it's something of a guess that oxium itself hasn't only a lesser mass but might be causing it to defy newtonian physics to a degree.

So Rhino won't likely fall faster.... though I'm wondering if being encased in an oxium suit would cause great discomfort for the wearer if it does lead to alter gravity or somesuch; wouldn't that cause your internal organs to float around a bit within your body (that is, assuming the Tenno still have a relatively human-like internal physiology).

Then again, we're playing in a game where we can set people on fire on a whim, teleport short distance and bend light to turn invisible; so Rule of Cool would dictate "It works because it's awesome"

I was just going by the terminology used by Scott. Wasn't looking for a physics lesson!

Although you could argue that Rhino is smoother whereas Zephyr looks designed to increase drag for floaty times.

But hey, if I can create a singularity and wall run 50 ft after zorencoptering half a kilometer, whose to say what kind of physics apply in this game.