Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Please, remove the green eximus lasers

Spachlaksix

Hi! First of all, I would like to apologize for my poor English, I hope what I will write will be understandable. 
I decided to write a post due to my dissatisfaction with the new 'eximus green lasers', I have the impression that the creators do not understand their game, how you can create warframes that stand still when using their skills, and then add lasers to the game, which spawn above the players' heads and deal damage that increases every moment and can kill in a few seconds, regardless of how much health, armor, shields or overguards we have. After all, playing a banshee with her ultimate is impossible, and playing a mesa comes down to escaping from lasers, because stopping for a moment and starting the ultimate leads to death. not to mention revive your allies or hack consoles... I don't know if it's just me who doesn't enjoy the game or if most players feel this way, I'm curious about your opinion, keep it up, tenno!

• Like 15

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Spachlaksix:

Hi! First of all, I would like to apologize for my poor English, I hope what I will write will be understandable. 
I decided to write a post due to my dissatisfaction with the new 'eximus green lasers', I have the impression that the creators do not understand their game, how you can create warframes that stand still when using their skills, and then add lasers to the game, which spawn above the players' heads and deal damage that increases every moment and can kill in a few seconds, regardless of how much health, armor, shields or overguards we have. After all, playing a banshee with her ultimate is impossible, and playing a mesa comes down to escaping from lasers, because stopping for a moment and starting the ultimate leads to death. not to mention revive your allies or hack consoles... I don't know if it's just me who doesn't enjoy the game or if most players feel this way, I'm curious about your opinion, keep it up, tenno!

fits. I only write with Google Translate. Unfortunately, the tool is far from perfect, but I hope the general content is displayed correctly.
The problem is that this laser garbage doesn't fit the game at all. It's OK for the event. But for the rest of the content?? There are extreme problems and I'm certainly not going to list all the brainless problems here again. There are other topics for that.

It also strikes me that someone was working here who has absolutely NO idea about the game and definitely does NOT play the game....
Because there are an extremely large number of conspicuous and extremely miserable and disgusting things after the update....

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The issue you are facing is exactly the intent of the update, they want the eximus to make sedentary playstyles (relatively speaking) less viable.

There is quite a lot of combos of things that don't require much movement, whether by the actual gameplay or Warframe abilities.  Pretty much any frame that controls an area, doesn't have to move in survival or defense.  I am pro movement, but I don't think movement should be required, just to do needlessly.

So that is good the Jade Light Eximus does this, but they actively add things all the time that enable AFK styles to thrive.  For example, overguard accessibility.  With death or the threat of death removed, then movement will be incentivized less, especially in missions where movement is already minimally required, and by those players who want to move less. 

I'd say they have a long way to go.  I'm all for new engaging gameplay though and certainly if it promotes movement in a positive way, as Ascension does and it isn't overly complex.

• Like 1

Guys, most of the arguments appeal to me, BUT I don't think it should be resolved this way! I play with a group of friends, each of whom thinks that the new mechanics do nothing other than take away from the joy of the game. Additionally, it destroys the mechanics of many warframes, such as the banshee or mesa I mentioned in the post. I don't like or play afk myself, my main joy comes from warframe, just because of how dynamic and fun the game is, but escaping from a stupid laser every now and then who doesn't give a damn about how tanky my warframe is and what its ABILITY is (Not my preference for playing a given warframe, but a damn skill that forces me to stand still)
It's just that I stop enjoying the game, I like challenges and difficult games, but I like it when it is supported by statistics, that the opponent is stronger, imposes certain statuses, works in one way or another, and not that a laser appears above my head that will kill me in a moment.
As part of an event, it's cool, right, but not when it appears in other missions. As I see, opinions are divided, everyone has the right to their own opinion, for me these lasers spoil the game that I love and if they are left I will probably stop playing (Don't treat it as crying or blackmail, it just irritates me so much that, as I wrote, earlier, I stopped enjoying the game and from what I've read, there are more people who feel the same way) This is my last message in this post, but I will continue to read your opinion, maybe there is something in these mechanics that I don't see, have a nice day tenno < 3

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

There is quite a lot of combos of things that don't require much movement, whether by the actual gameplay or Warframe abilities.  Pretty much any frame that controls an area, doesn't have to move in survival or defense.  I am pro movement, but I don't think movement should be required, just to do needlessly.

So that is good the Jade Light Eximus does this, but they actively add things all the time that enable AFK styles to thrive.  For example, overguard accessibility.  With death or the threat of death removed, then movement will be incentivized less, especially in missions where movement is already minimally required, and by those players who want to move less. 

I'd say they have a long way to go.  I'm all for new engaging gameplay though and certainly if it promotes movement in a positive way, as Ascension does and it isn't overly complex.

I agree they do have a long way to go , but i am happy for any steps taken along the way.

I think I'll stop doing defense, to my regret. Sadly the jade eximus lasers oneshot the defense objectives every game now. After the first time I was the cause of this, I quickly learned not to stay on top of the objective anymore, but at some point someone will just stand there for a few seconds, and the game will be over.

The simple fix for me at least is to make the laser not damage defense objectives. Instakilling players is fine. It promotes a more active playstyle. Also, if you didn't, do fix them killing warframes, while you're in operator mode.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

operator void mode which literally makes you invinc

Except for when it doesn't, and the laser targeting your warframe kills your operator and sits you back into your warframe with 10hp and you instantly die.

I hope to god this is a bug because this is infuriating. We aren't allowed to damage anything through walls, but now enemies can kill us when we can't even tell we're being targeted. Lovely.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, VENDOMINUS said:

I think I'll stop doing defense, to my regret. Sadly the jade eximus lasers oneshot the defense objectives every game now. After the first time I was the cause of this, I quickly learned not to stay on top of the objective anymore, but at some point someone will just stand there for a few seconds, and the game will be over.

The simple fix for me at least is to make the laser not damage defense objectives. Instakilling players is fine. It promotes a more active playstyle. Also, if you didn't, do fix them killing warframes, while you're in operator mode.

It is bad enough the sorties with radiation some people grief by getting radiated and destroying the objective but now all you have to do is stand on the defense object? WOW someone was not thinking when they did this.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

the Jade Light Eximus does this (anti-afk)

I equate that sentiment to be like "we want overweight people to get more exercise and we will be doing that by putting an angry wasp in the room"

sure they are going to get exercise but are they going to be happy? personally I would rather they deleted vacuum like mods to get people to move around than fire the deathstar every 30 seconds! it would be less annoying

• Like 5

Yes, some frames have become uncomfortable playing with lots of jade eximus around. Nekros has really slow casting animations. However the game does give you a lot of tools to mitigate that: natural talent mod, casting speed archon shards, use of Vazarin protective sling to mention a few. 

• Like 2

watch the last devstream where they play the event from 6 days ago.

the player on screen runs back and forth in a small area. literally just back and forth in a tiny area the WHOLE TIME. this is supposed to be fun and engaging gameplay? 😂

Edited by latetier
  • Like 5

And also the visual noise they add into the screen. When there are 2 lasers in front of you, you don't see nothing. Also, they seem to move at the same speed that your frame, so, if you get a buff, they will be quicker too. I don't dislike the general idea, but they are implemented in an obnoxious way.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I equate that sentiment to be like "we want overweight people to get more exercise and we will be doing that by putting an angry wasp in the room"

sure they are going to get exercise but are they going to be happy? personally I would rather they deleted vacuum like mods to get people to move around than fire the deathstar every 30 seconds! it would be less annoying

That's a fair comparison!  However, I'd much rather deal with tons of Jade Light Eximus than no vacuum haha.  I have tried vacuum off, especially with all the new companion mods added and it's just not something I can take off.  I play an aerial style, so with vacuum off, I have to work a lot harder to pick up things and several of those pickups basically have a huge impact on how I can play.

I was really annoyed by JLE eximus initially, but after the hotfix and/or just understanding it more, it just feels like a regular eximus unit now.  Initially though, it was downing me a lot because of the insane damage and it was even locking onto me while I'm in the midst of high parkour maneuvers.  As others have mentioned, it seemed unfair to constantly come out of nowhere if you stopped for one second and/or when performing actions that are outside your control, but part of the gameplay. 

Now, I have brushed into it several times and it wasn't a big deal.  I wasn't downed and didn't immediately have to go into jumping jacks to prevent death.  I can even slowly just walk out of its range, when before it felt like it was a 30m radius that you couldn't break out of once it got close.  I'm sure they are still tweaking it and monitoring user feedback though, but it seems more on par with energy leech, blitz, or arson eximus now.

Regarding your sentiment though, I agree.  Ideally, its fun gameplay that gets you to move with player engagement, but there's so many tools available and old missions that haven't been updated.  It's easier to just introduce a JLE type enemy.  I like ascension and would like to see more updates like this with new missions and tiles to keep the gameplay fresh.  However, it's not the fastest mission and is more on par with mobile defense timewise, so I don't know how often it will get played.

• Like 1

my issues with the jade light eximus is that they can attack you regardless of whether they are aggroed or not, its all dependant on how close you are instead of it being like every other eximus whos abilities only activate when you piss them off ( i think the only exception is guardian eximus due to their damage reduction always being active ) and there is no indication which jade light eximus is attacking you if there are multiple, which is very apparent during the operation missions, the other eximus are more enjoyable to fight cause i can see them prep their attack most of the time and dodge or move accordingly but jade light eximus have no setup and the lasers appear very quickly, also, the only reason they do so much damage is literally just the heat procs, if you use overguard or any other status immunity, the jade light eximus are a joke, its definitely an eximus that needs to be tuned since instant death operator whether in last gasp or normally even when not spamming void mode is irritating and not being able to capture targets due to a single one existing and if they do, instant death is also not fun.

• Like 2

Am 26.6.2024 um 11:22 schrieb latetier:

watch the last devstream where they play the event from 6 days ago.

the player on screen runs back and forth in a small area. literally just back and forth in a tiny area the WHOLE TIME. this is supposed to be fun and engaging gameplay? 😂

After Bramma was ruined, they even cheated with ammo cheats in the dev stream live. Because it was obvious that ammo couldn't be there. Since then, I haven't watched this embarrassing clown show anymore...

• Like 3

I only find it trick when im against infested cus i fight infested using melee while running in circles so the green laser usually almost catch up with me. And so lasers isnt nearly as dangerous as a fast toxic infested. Id vote to remove the fast toxic infested instead as the biggest problem. In second place the most annoying damage goes to vomvalyst when they get red and spawn too much and i cant kill them fast with my mote amp. They just dont stop until i get killed. Usually its no use running away or even using zephyrs turbulence they just snipe and surely hit me with high damage until im dead. But all that is just my gameplay style and my game progression experience. Imo even radiation hazard is more dangerous but not much of problem.

Oh and it never happened to me of jade light destroying my mission objective. So I may be lucky and the jade light isnt as bad as it should be on my eyes. But yea I think u must be standing still over the objective to make or let it happen so often it become a problem.

Edited by Ahnez

On 2024-06-25 at 1:20 PM, (XBOX)Shodian said:

The lasers are fine. This is actually the most threat we've had in a long time and the game needed it. Plus I also think players are forgetting about operator void mode which literally makes you invinc so you can hack and revive without worrying.

DE has had the blueprint for a "threat" for ages now. But either they don't want to, or don't know how to use it properly.

Elite enemies. I'm not talking about eximus. I mean things like rathuum/index enemies, acolytes and even thrax. 

As you may know. normal enemies are pretty boring, as all they do is damage and maybe stagger you once in a while. But take the acolytes for example. All they do differently is the occasional warframe ability and ragdoll, making them boring and annoying instead of fun and challenging because you either need to just one shot them or dance around them to avoid getting stunned for 3 seconds. It feels like a chore for you to get the arcanes is what i'm trying to say.

I'd love for the acolytes to be more like the tenno, spamming blocks, dodges and bullet jumps to prevent damage instead of just being tanky. And for them to counter the warframes abilities instead of disabling altogether (that may or may not be just one of the acolytes)

vor 3 Minuten schrieb KRYPTR0N:

I'd love for the acolytes to be more like the tenno, spamming blocks, dodges and bullet jumps to prevent damage instead of just being tanky. And for them to counter the warframes abilities instead of disabling altogether (that may or may not be just one of the acolytes)

I'm talking about myself here, because I can't know the opinion of all Warframe players.
that would be very discouraging and demotivating for me. Because in current Warframe it's about quick kills, loot, etc.? Other games have better solutions, but the action is short and costs a lot of money.
and there are EXTREMELY (really extremely) better and now free games for reaction, memory, intellect, etc. the company can't keep up with that...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Venus-Venera said:

I'm talking about myself here, because I can't know the opinion of all Warframe players.
that would be very discouraging and demotivating for me. Because in current Warframe it's about quick kills, loot, etc.? Other games have better solutions, but the action is short and costs a lot of money.
and there are EXTREMELY (really extremely) better and now free games for reaction, memory, intellect, etc. the company can't keep up with that...

The TTK wouldn't change much. just the action players have to take to kill the acolytes are different. Making them less tanky and more maneuverable is definitely a way to circumvent the sheer boredom of fighting the current acolytes