Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We should have a Primed Stretch

I know that Pablo et al do not want to add even more Range into the game, and that's fine. I think there is still room for a 60% Primed Stretch mod. I think that this has been avoided so that players can't get even more obscene levels of range for map-nuking builds, but the simple solution is to just make it incompatible with Overextended.

This would give players a max of 190% Range when combined with Augur Reach, compared to 265% with Overextended, Stretch, and Augur Reach, but players wouldn't have to pay the 60% Ability Strength penalty.

I suspect that this has come up before, I'm curious if anyone knows if this has been addressed. I feel like making it incompatible with Overextended just plainly addresses the issue of having too much range on builds and fits into a sweet spot for builds that want range but can't sacrifice power strength.

• Like 13

vor 14 Minuten schrieb insanitybit:

I know that Pablo et al do not want to add even more Range into the game, and that's fine. I think there is still room for a 60% Primed Stretch mod. I think that this has been avoided so that players can't get even more obscene levels of range for map-nuking builds, but the simple solution is to just make it incompatible with Overextended.

This would give players a max of 190% Range when combined with Augur Reach, compared to 265% with Overextended, Stretch, and Augur Reach, but players wouldn't have to pay the 60% Ability Strength penalty.

I suspect that this has come up before, I'm curious if anyone knows if this has been addressed. I feel like making it incompatible with Overextended just plainly addresses the issue of having too much range on builds and fits into a sweet spot for builds that want range but can't sacrifice power strength.

I don't care what someone wants.
but more range would definitely be good. because many builds are extremely limited and perform terribly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, insanitybit said:

but the simple solution is to just make it incompatible with Overextended.

It would be probably some Fancy Overextended because IMHO, making P.Stretch incompatible with Overxtended may confuse player. Why Stretch can coexist with Overextended but not Primed version?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

I don't care what someone wants.

You actually should, at least with game devs. Might save you from unnecessary disappointment.

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, quxier said:

It would be probably some Fancy Overextended because IMHO, making P.Stretch incompatible with Overxtended may confuse player. Why Stretch can coexist with Overextended but not Primed version?

I don't think people will be confused. Lots of mods are incompatible with other mods. By the time you're looking at mods like Overextended / Primed Stretch you would surely have encountered a limitation like this already and wouldn't be confused regardless.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, insanitybit said:

I don't think people will be confused. Lots of mods are incompatible with other mods. By the time you're looking at mods like Overextended / Primed Stretch you would surely have encountered a limitation like this already and wouldn't be confused regardless.

I think most of such mods have similar names like Fury & Berseker fury.

Primed mods were a mistake. What we needed were more Corrupted mods instead.

Though regarding P.Stretch specifically I wouldn't go holding out too much hope for ever seeing it. DE is already reluctant to give us more Primed mods, especially more good ones, and one of the most impactful stat is going to be the last one DE ever wants to make.

• Like 4

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Xaero:

You actually should, at least with game devs. Might save you from unnecessary disappointment.

do that. Just don't force your victim mentality on anyone and finally respect other genders too. 👎

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

do that. Just don't force your victim mentality on anyone and finally respect other genders too. 👎

Bro what??? Wtf are you yapping about who mentioned genders?? you are cooked big man.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 10

Posted (edited)

After seeing how broken the weapons they added with Jade are, I personally think they don't care much about game balance anymore, they could add them, especially if they implement that incompatibility with overextended.

hace 45 minutos, (PSN)FrDiabloFr dijo:

Bro what??? Wtf are you yapping about who mentioned genders?? you are cooked big man.

is that the boy is "special".

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6

What would the point of a primed stretch be that is incompatible with overextended?  You're asking for a full capacity primed mod, that only gives you a 15% range increase.  The difference between 175%/190% and 145%/160% is not really significant.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

What would the point of a primed stretch be that is incompatible with overextended?  You're asking for a full capacity primed mod, that only gives you a 15% range increase.  The difference between 175%/190% and 145%/160% is not really significant.

It is tbh especially for builds that can't afford to lose 60% strength or 2 mod slots for range 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Waeleto said:

It is tbh especially for builds that can't afford to lose 60% strength or 2 mod slots for range 

That's the idea of a build, it's a compromise of stats that you need to prioritise. We already have strength and duration shards and enemies have been repeatably nerfed, we don't really need to dumb things down further.

2 hours ago, trst said:

DE is already reluctant to give us more Primed mods, especially more good ones,

We just got Primed Dual Rounds (game changer for PT, like an actual meta shift) and Primed Convolution (nice) and Primed Redirection (also nice) are also somewhat new.

16 minutes ago, L3512 said:
23 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

That's the idea of a build, it's a compromise of stats that you need to prioritise.

Idea is nice. Implementation isn't. So you e.g. end up with some part of kit functional.

18 minutes ago, L3512 said:

We already have strength and duration shards

After beat big part of game, time gated and for each frame exclusive...

Only second part (about enemies) sounds reasonable.

11 minutes ago, quxier said:

Idea is nice. Implementation isn't. So you e.g. end up with some part of kit functional.

Sorry, the game is about gear progression. Of course you don't get the good stuff at the start nor is it a simple grind.

Just now, L3512 said:
12 minutes ago, quxier said:

Sorry, the game is about gear progression. Of course you don't get the good stuff at the start nor is it a simple grind.

I honestly don't dig "gear progression". Sure, few levels is ok. However at shard level it's just another grind.

It's not just Pablo. The previous team disliked it also after the introduction of Overextended.

In the end just use Overextended + Stretch and compensate Power Strength with Archon Shards.

Molt Augmented 60%, Finisher 50%, Growing Power 25%.
There's a ton of Power Strength sources which makes not including range on Crimson rather pointless.

• Like 1

Personally, alternate sources of Efficiency would be more appealing to me. We have two-and-a-half mods which positively affect it, one of which hits duration.

It can be argued that the energy economy is already something of an inside joke, but if so, then why not? I do think Primed Streamline is step too far though, and that Primed Mods in general should be very carefully considered. Contrast Point Strike, which is quite effective enough already, with Furor, which does basically nothing. From a practical standpoint, Primed Point Strike would be the definition of power creep, while Primed Furor would simply be the mod that vanilla Furor should have been.

1 hour ago, Waeleto said:

What ability is 160% a huge boost in gameplay over 145%?  That's one mod.  Thermal Sunder goes from a 34.8m diameter to a 38.4m diameter with this proposal.  That's not really a game changer.  If you're using two mods(stretch/reach vs primed stretch/reach), then its 42m diameter vs 45.6m diameter.  I bet you wouldn't even notice that playing, so I guess we'll have to disagree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waeleto said:

But he's right. 15% is negligible. Xaku might gain one extra gun and that's about it.

To be meaningful, p stretch should be around +70%

• Like 1

They don't want it.. all of them. 

You can see it by items like arcanes and shards giving strength, duration en Masse while range didn't get any of that.

Obviously I also would like a primed range mod, but I doubt it's happening considering the above. There was plenty of opportunity to give us items that increase range.. 

I mean the obvious solution to adding more range mods without overdoing range is to have a range cap.

Efficiency has a cap. Who's gonna be mad if DE adds more range mod options but just doesn't allow us to have more range than the current max?

• Like 4