The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[1999 SPOILERS] how does the 1999 crew have void powers?

so during Tennocon we got to see the previews for the 1999 stuff, but what confuses me (among other things) is how the protoframes in 1999 have void powers.  the increased physical abilities and immunity to the technocyte virus obviously come from the physical changes of turning into a protoframe, but the warframes themselves don't inherently have void powers.  My understanding is that a warframes void powers come from the interaction between the Tenno's power and the frame they control, since we have no evidence of the "wild" warframes the orokin made having any void powers until the Tenno took control of them.  And while I think it is possible Entrati created some sort of technology or changes to mimic the powers the Tenno-controlled frames had, I still don't understand how they use their powers, as far as we know, any void powered ability or technology that isn't just the Tenno's base powers requires the connection to the void created by the Heart of Deimos and the Wall of Lohk, since that presumably doesn't exist in 1999, how are they using seemingly void-powered abilities?

This will likely be answered in the Quest but remember Entrati went BACK in time to that Era and more then likely took the Technology with him in order to make the Warframes but cuz he is just one person, it's likely he only either made a proto version, not perfected like we have.

Found some poor sods of the street in 1999 and be like "Yo, want some durgs?" and then slap them into a Warframe, cuz 1999 is legit going back in time, all the old tech is there, the reason why I'd think the Infested is there is cuz, well Entrati likely did take some sort of  technocyte virus with him and we all know how quickly that can spread out of control.

Also, also, Entrati knows WAY more then any Orokin as of late, he has a magic book that has the powers of the Void and likely used Man in the Wall stuff to make his own "version" of the Void powers, etc. (grasping at straws here but that's my guess)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cohi333 said:

we have no evidence of the "wild" warframes the orokin made having any void powers until the Tenno took control of them

What about Umbra though?

1. Warframe abilities and void power are two different thing

2. There's a hint that Wally follow Entrati to 1999. Dr. E may not be Albrecht or the version we met in Deimos 

3. The Protoframe had inherent Void Power 

4. Eternalism is confusing yo

Edited by BroDutt

49 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Find some poor sods of the street in 1999 and be like "Yo, want some durgs?"

The reason why they had connection to the void proof that they're not some random person. One of them are siblings that somehow fit with Excalibur and Nyx (Dark Sector nostalgia)

2 hours ago, Cohi333 said:

My understanding is that a warframes void powers come from the interaction between the Tenno's power and the frame they control,

I think the powers are part of the frames, the orikin did use the void after all, the tenno allowed the use of frames that were otherwise immobile or would be overcome by their infested nature.

4 hours ago, BroDutt said:

The reason why they had connection to the void proof that they're not some random person. One of them are siblings that somehow fit with Excalibur and Nyx (Dark Sector nostalgia)

Ah

Well, my idea is more fun 😞

5 hours ago, BroDutt said:

4. Eternalism is confusing yo

Why do I get the impression that somewhere, one of the writing staff for the game has a meme poster of Spongebob Squarepants doing the rainbow motion with the word "eternalism" over the rainbow.

As for the OP's question, I'm guessing there's already latent power with the protoframes (and ultimately warframes), and Tenno just use void energy to manipulate it.  Kinda like hotwiring a car, except it's a biomechanical corpse.

42 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

Why do I get the impression that somewhere, one of the writing staff for the game has a meme poster of Spongebob Squarepants doing the rainbow motion with the word "eternalism" over the rainbow.

Huh? That's weird. I always see it as Dr. Strange walking through that door. Multiverse.

8 hours ago, Cohi333 said:

but the warframes themselves don't inherently have void powers.

Most Warframe powers are tech-based

Excalibur Umbra can use Exalted Blade and Radial Javelin with no Z-Kid. Vauban's Bastille is just a souped-up Orvius like the one Teshin used. Jade's signature "Jade Light" was a common execution method by the Orokin, and could even be miniaturized as a pistol by Ballas's Myrmidon units. Mesa's Regulators are just guns

So the 1999 crew having Warframe powers, that doesn't need Void

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cohi333 said:

so during Tennocon we got to see the previews for the 1999 stuff, but what confuses me (among other things) is how the protoframes in 1999 have void powers.  the increased physical abilities and immunity to the technocyte virus obviously come from the physical changes of turning into a protoframe, but the warframes themselves don't inherently have void powers.  My understanding is that a warframes void powers come from the interaction between the Tenno's power and the frame they control, since we have no evidence of the "wild" warframes the orokin made having any void powers until the Tenno took control of them.  And while I think it is possible Entrati created some sort of technology or changes to mimic the powers the Tenno-controlled frames had, I still don't understand how they use their powers, as far as we know, any void powered ability or technology that isn't just the Tenno's base powers requires the connection to the void created by the Heart of Deimos and the Wall of Lohk, since that presumably doesn't exist in 1999, how are they using seemingly void-powered abilities?

All frames are connected to the Void, with or without the Tenno. And since 1999 is tied to the Void it means there is Void energy to allow them to have powers there. We are likely also not going to the time of 1999, but the world of 1999, which is likely located within the Void, so gives Arthur and the others access to the heart just as the Warframes have access to the heart when inside the Void i.e Duviri and Undercroft.

And if it is the time 1999, then they have access to the heart through whatver void wormhole allows for time travel in the first place.

The most reasonable explanation is Entrati took some void tech back with him. We know he went back multiple times - presumably he was sending through resources and tech. 

In fact, this page: Warframe: 1999 ZeViLa MK III Atomicycle - Product Page suggests Entrati inserted himself into business to fulfil his plans. And he mentions here that the Atomicycles use void energy, or at least are void-exposed.