The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Heirloom Skin

5 hours ago, (XBOX)N7 Sinner said:

If this is how the Rhino Heirloom skin looks now, I cannot wait to see what they come up with for Trinity.

Assuming DE will be offering a new heirloom skin every six months, Trinity heirloom is probably a year or better away. Even though Trinity's lite rework is on deck, I'm trying to not be too hyped at the possibilities. For either her kit or her cosmetics. Although, if I had a say in her heirloom design, I would like to see a DE-styled model of Prajnaparamita.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

I'm not buying a skin for a frame that went from most used to under 0% usage.. they should fix that first. 

In general I'm not hyped for heirlooms, because only frames that already have dozens of skins qualify to get one. Meanwhile frames who don't even have a single skin or a deluxe will be waiting and waiting for forever. I think it was a mistake to launch a new series of skins, again. They now have to make half a dozen skin series for 60 frames or something. Obviously they're never gonna finish any line in my lifetime. Ugh

You can use Ember on high levels now. I always used her. She is my most used frame. I just stopped using her when she was needed and they took away her world on fire. Which is crazy because back then ember was never really good for high levels. So I never understood why people complained. But now she is capable of doing high levels.

• Like 1

4小时前 , (XBOX)STIZZ 说:

You can use Ember on high levels now. I always used her. She is my most used frame. I just stopped using her when she was needed and they took away her world on fire. Which is crazy because back then ember was never really good for high levels. So I never understood why people complained. But now she is capable of doing high levels.

Most people that praised WoF and blamed DE for Ember rework, were never really invested into Ember to begin with. I still wonder how the WoF Ember would perform in SP, even theoretically.

It happens way too often. People played a frame for a few hours, didn't really understand the mechanics or how to build it, went on to complain that frame was useless, needed rework, trash, do this and do that DE right now.

It happened to Ember, and it may happen to Nyx and Trinity.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Heirloom_Skin.jpg?ex=66a478b7&is=66a32737&hm=eb215bbc40968ff2ff019396b1cb4c98f7cc7b30aa5cf68d36b302999c9c3db8&=

When compared to Frost & Ember's skins, Mag's skin is lacking.  There is nothing in this aesthetic that is appropriate towards her element like the other two and while it is an amazing skin, it looks like someone had a concept laying around that was just slapped on Mag to meet a deadline.

I said what I said. 

Edited by MagPrime
Words are hard, ok?

20小时前 , (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA 说:

I think voidshell was something that sounded better on paper than it turned out to be in reality. For me to actually, like, care, it would have to be available for basically every skin in the game or at least every prime skin and that sounds like an exorbitant amount of work.

20小时前 , Chewarette 说:

Yeah they should have started to give the option to newer Primes at least - they're being designed, shouldn't be too much of a hassle to apply the voidshell parameters.

Actually someone discovered (via a bug or glitch, I forgot) that you can already apply all void shells to any warframe. The code, texture and mapping was already available for any warframe.

Obviously DE fixed that glitch immediately and here we are. But no, it is not a big hassle. DE just switched it off for reasons.

2 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Actually someone discovered (via a bug or glitch, I forgot) that you can already apply all void shells to any warframe. The code, texture and mapping was already available for any warframe.

Obviously DE fixed that glitch immediately and here we are. But no, it is not a big hassle. DE just switched it off for reasons.

It was a bug, and IIRC only in your Orbiter.

People who know how game skins work far better than I personally do, explained why this didn't mean what some other people assumed it meant as far as the work DE did, and how/why even with such bugs, it didn't actually apply in mission. 

"Big hassle" can be relative. I have seem some people claim they could personally apply it to every skin overnight, and some others claim others claims are silly and unrealistic and then go into more detail and depth about the work involved. Since I personally don't know the technical details that well, I myself don't make such claims.  

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

It was a bug, and IIRC only in your Orbiter.

People who know how game skins work far better than I personally do, explained why this didn't mean what some other people assumed it meant as far as the work DE did, and how/why even with such bugs, it didn't actually apply in mission. 

"Big hassle" can be relative. I have seem some people claim they could personally apply it to every skin overnight, and some others claim others claims are silly and unrealistic and then go into more detail and depth about the work involved. Since I personally don't know the technical details that well, I myself don't make such claims.  

Yeah, I'm sure it's not that easy like one-click-away. But I'm also sure it's a lot simpler to apply to a skin you're designing right now, than to retro-apply to a warframe that exist since 2014 when Voidshells was not even an option. 

That's why I'm surprised it's not systematically given to newer Warframes (as it was made rather quickly for Voruna & Styanax for example), while they work in parallel to adapt old ones to fit with Voidshell parameters.

(and also, Voidshell accessories plz ! Most accessories end up being really weird on a voidshelled Warframe, only a few fit quite well)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Yeah, I'm sure it's not that easy like one-click-away. But I'm also sure it's a lot simpler to apply to a skin you're designing right now, than to retro-apply to a warframe that exist since 2014 when Voidshells was not even an option. 

That's why I'm surprised it's not systematically given to newer Warframes (as it was made rather quickly for Voruna & Styanax for example), while they work in parallel to adapt old ones to fit with Voidshell parameters.

(and also, Voidshell accessories plz ! Most accessories end up being really weird on a voidshelled Warframe, only a few fit quite well)

Agreed. 

I personally really liked that trend of newer Warframes getting Voidshell skins, since for me personally, I already have a lot of older Warframes Deluxe skins and or Prime versions just look better. So I sort of wished they either could make Voidshells compatible with Prime versions, or at the least the details on/off like Tennogen, but the alternative of existing for Warframes without a Prime or Deluxe (as in newer ones) was a really nice sweetener. 

Still wish more was being done to make it work retroactively for older skins, but ehh. 

Yeah more accessories would be really nice. Some skins for weapons could be nice too (even if they had to be universal types). 

• Like 2

Oh, I actually remembered something else I wanted to say on this topic. 

Thank you DE. Ember Heirloom is one of the best course direction changes and we listened to your feedback moves, I have ever seen in video games. Thank you for listened. I was personally quite vocal about my dislike of how Heirlooms were originally implemented, but the new improvements are significant. I really appreciate the changes that were made, and I am not even the biggest Ember or Rhino fan or player, but I will probably just buy each Heirloom skin going forth. I'll also probably start buying Prime Access again, which I temporary paused, because thats how critical I was of the older Heirlooms. 

Side Note, if you are going to be following the Prime release pattern for Heirloom skins, could we possibly move Mesa and Nidus up a bit. Not necessarily before Loki, because Loki players really need something nice, but... no... oh, okay, well I tried. 

8 hours ago, RichardKam said:

The issue that was apparent with those was the quality. Especially on larger sections the tiling was horrible and lighting ranged from inconsistent to awful. It only really worked on smaller details on the frame as that obscured the issues.

And if DE just re-enabled the bug there would just be the constant flow of quality concerns with it, especially if DE continued to monetize it in that state.

I too would love if DE did Voidshell everything. But the process isn't as straightforward as just turning it on. At this point it'd be nice if DE could just outsource the work to Tennogen artists or something. 

On 2024-07-26 at 10:22 AM, trst said:

The issue that was apparent with those was the quality. Especially on larger sections the tiling was horrible and lighting ranged from inconsistent to awful. It only really worked on smaller details on the frame as that obscured the issues.

And if DE just re-enabled the bug there would just be the constant flow of quality concerns with it, especially if DE continued to monetize it in that state.

I too would love if DE did Voidshell everything. But the process isn't as straightforward as just turning it on. At this point it'd be nice if DE could just outsource the work to Tennogen artists or something. 

I just wanna be able to turn on prime details on voidshells. Thats all.

• Like 1