The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Tennocon Music Genre

I'm curious, what do you think the music genre will be for the next Tennocon to hype up the next Big Fancy Update? 

We've had a Labor Hym , a Sea Shanty, and now 90's Boy Band music.

I'm hoping the next music genre is gonna be tap dancing, some really epic rap tap tap dancing

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily
  • Like 2

(Ambient or atmospheric) black metal would be nice, together with a quest that fits, dark, hard, but with it´s own beauty.

What else can I possibly suggest with my username ?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Valfar_de said:

(Ambient or atmospheric) black metal would be nice, together with a quest that fits, dark, hard, but with it´s own beauty.

That'd be rad actually, vocals or instrumental? Is there instrumental black metal? I actually don't know much about the genre. Is that what you meant with (ambient or atmospheric) black metal?

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily

26 minutes ago, Valfar_de said:

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

That'd be rad actually, vocals or instrumental? Is there instrumental black metal? I actually don't know much about the genre. Is that what you meant with (ambient or atmospheric) black metal?

Whispers hits with some dark/atmospheric tune. Maybe it's not metal (I've not been listening it for ages) but still interesting

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ominumi said:

Classical Opera style. We need to hear the fat lady sing.

isn't that already done with the Duviri?

i think it depends on the new update though. If we're back to Duviri, they'll add more opera classical music.

But for the next update, maybe something new like Dubstep? or star wars like orchestra

• Like 2

Classical John Williams-esque music or hip-hop or even rap. Who am I kidding? This is a predominantly white Canadian dev team with a predominantly white player base. I wouldn't expect them to do hip-hop or rap.

Edited by OniDax

Witch house phonk vapour trap, with some sprinkling of 90's gangsta and diss rap. Update will be able the Man in the Wall breaking through reality and corrupting everything in the Sol system, so everything, everyone and every faction will develop real solid, shadow shelves, based around their figurative, identities, as individuals but also groups and factions, and we'll face new powerful Murmur based on different factions and new stronger Void Angels as well, with new designs. All our general characters and factions will have to work together to escape to Tau. 

Hence it will be a little bit scary, a little bit funky, and will be lines of raw mockery, insult and thuggery, aimed at our characters psyches, hence... Witch house phonk vapour trap, with some sprinkling of 90's gangsta and diss rap.

• Like 1

On 2024-07-31 at 2:33 AM, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Would likely be with vocals since they are just sub-genres within BM. Parts of Burzums' work for instance and so on would be atmospheric BM. And bands like Borknagar also do it off and on, sometimes a few songs on an albums and so on. 

Though I wouldnt mind the other kind of "atmopheric BM", like Immortal, that doesnt class as it, but has some of the most atmospheric music out there. Where the instruments practically makes it sound as the cold you would expect, or lets you feel like you are in an ice cavern where water drips from ice spikes hanging fromt he ceiling. Or that wierd sound water can make as it interacts with blocks of ice in the winter, or just water splashing against a shoreline. Even though none of the sounds are sampled, and it all comes from the instruments.

Abbath and Demonaz = Mindblowing musicians.

Just throw everything out the window and give us 2000s house techno, with maybe a hint of jungle and breakcore. Not necessarily dubstep since I feel like that would be a bit dated, but if done well I wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

On 2024-07-31 at 5:36 AM, OniDax said:

Classical John Williams-esque music or hip-hop or even rap. Who am I kidding? This is a predominantly white Canadian dev team with a predominantly white player base. I wouldn't expect them to do hip-hop or rap.

The hiphop or rap would be like the rapping dog from the animated Titanic movie most likely actually 

• 4 weeks later...
Am 31.7.2024 um 02:54 schrieb quxier:

Whispers hits with some dark/atmospheric tune. Maybe it's not metal (I've not been listening it for ages) but still interesting

Something like this is what I was thinking about:

"Land of the dead" Cover by Eldamar, the original is from Summoning.

Edited by Valfar_de
  • Like 2