Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veil Proxima and Orphix Missions

Why, in 2024, those missions are still broken?

Can we pls get a fix for those?

i'm not new to the game, my Nechramech is Nearly maxed (missing 2 mods) i can kill those Orphix fairly fast, but still i can't get past the first rotation.

How are new players supposed to even try that?! There is no learning curve for it, you get frustrated and a deep inner hate for RJ missions.

I can't understand how, after 11 years, such things are still an issue.

• Like 2

35分钟前 , HackShield 说:

How are new players supposed to even try that?! There is no learning curve for it, you get frustrated and a deep inner hate for RJ missions.

That's the neat thing. You don't.

You are supposed to pretend it does not exist and move on with your life.

There is nothing new or unique rewards behind Veil Proxima Orphix anyway.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb RichardKam:

That's the neat thing. You don't.

You are supposed to pretend it does not exist and move on with your life.

There is nothing new or unique rewards behind Veil Proxima Orphix anyway.

it's not about any reward but having all notes unlocked.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
vor 19 Minuten schrieb Fallopia:

There is nothing broken. It's meant to be played with team. Not with public one, but with real one team who know what to do.

if i aimed for a long run, yes understandable, but 1 , in words "one", rotation is a thing that should be doable even for mid game players and i'm by no means in the mid game.

Even every SP mission can be soloed as Mid game player to the first rotation, so i would call that bugged if a "normal" star chart mission has that difficulty curve.

Edited by HackShield
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, HackShield said:

if i aimed for a long run, yes understandable, but 1 , in words "one", rotation is a thing that should be doable even for mid game players and i'm by no means in the mid game.

Even every SP mission can be soloed as Mid game player to the first rotation, so i would call that bugged if a "normal" star chart mission has that difficulty curve.

Difference between SP joke and Orphix is - SP you play with your OP Warframe and weapons, Orphix you play with Operator and Voidrig. Thats why many players hate Duviri and other stuff what involves Operator, they just sux at game without Warframe powers.

Edited by Fallopia

Are we considering the first rotation to be the first A rotation or the first C rotation? Not being able to clear the first A is just a skill issue. Not being able to clear the first C is also a skill issue but is a more understandable one.

The whole "problem" with Orphix is that it demands actual mastery of Mech usage. As any inefficiencies with movement tech (not just moving around but actually knowing all the little animation skips) will eventually end the run as well as losing your Mech even once in solo is an instant run ender. Which not only makes it a standout node in the entire game for demanding such investment it's also using a system that players have no reason to use enough to organically develop that mastery elsewhere.

My advice is to learn how to dash cancel movement and to only use the Fluctus as it's the best weapon for taking out Resonators thanks to the infinite punch-through. When aiming for higher rotations you'll want to learn the rotation patterns between spawn areas (wiki research). And if all else fails find players who're willing to run it and/or get your friends/clan members to join.

• Like 2

Yea, it's made for groups. Problem is there aren't any groups usually.

If you just want credit you have to rush it pretty decently with an upgraded Necramech. You can also do it with a Madurai Tenno with other tricks like using Nova M.Prime and having Amp Arcanes + Focus schools. In other words you have to be over geared in either case. You can mitigate the slow Necramech by using your tenno to dash around. Otherwise Necramech Engine efficiency, max engine, slide efficiency and similar help.

If you find just one person who goes to the 2nd node while you work on the first it's a breeze for credit.

I actually played SP Duviri Experience no Decrees for fun about 2 weeks. This though. This mission is just trash.

3 hours ago, HackShield said:

i'm not new to the game, my Nechramech is Nearly maxed (missing 2 mods) i can kill those Orphix fairly fast, but still i can't get past the first rotation.

You have to know where to go ahead of time.

Killing Orphix is easy part (stationary big target) what may take you most time is finding and destroying the Resonators - (it can be triviliazed with Fluctus that can shot through walls) and to some extent the Sentients that spawn.

Tips

It is soloable to some extent, but your fairly fast doesnt seem to be fast enough. Try Fluctus for Resonators and Arquebex for Orphix and Sentients.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

The first issue is survival. A 8 forma necromech will have issue surviving the amount of damage. The second issue is the tileset. The distance between the points are 500m or farther. Necromech have trouble closing that distance especially with all the junk the tileset has. The third issue is damage. Need a good build with archguns just to destroy those targets.

• Like 1

Am 5.8.2024 um 08:54 schrieb Sephylon086918:

Are you by chance using bonewidow?

nope spect out voidrig and i did it in the end, what my discussion about it is about Mid game players. as we Talk about a random mission (non SP) first rotation which i close finished with max Equipment and Focus.

Posted (edited)
Am 5.8.2024 um 10:52 schrieb TARINunit9:

Then you can't kill them "fairly fast"

Am 5.8.2024 um 09:43 schrieb trst:

Are we considering the first rotation to be the first A rotation or the first C rotation? Not being able to clear the first A is just a skill issue. Not being able to clear the first C is also a skill issue but is a more understandable one.

The whole "problem" with Orphix is that it demands actual mastery of Mech usage. As any inefficiencies with movement tech (not just moving around but actually knowing all the little animation skips) will eventually end the run as well as losing your Mech even once in solo is an instant run ender. Which not only makes it a standout node in the entire game for demanding such investment it's also using a system that players have no reason to use enough to organically develop that mastery elsewhere.

My advice is to learn how to dash cancel movement and to only use the Fluctus as it's the best weapon for taking out Resonators thanks to the infinite punch-through. When aiming for higher rotations you'll want to learn the rotation patterns between spawn areas (wiki research). And if all else fails find players who're willing to run it and/or get your friends/clan members to join.

Am 5.8.2024 um 10:25 schrieb Xzorn:

Yea, it's made for groups. Problem is there aren't any groups usually.

If you just want credit you have to rush it pretty decently with an upgraded Necramech. You can also do it with a Madurai Tenno with other tricks like using Nova M.Prime and having Amp Arcanes + Focus schools. In other words you have to be over geared in either case. You can mitigate the slow Necramech by using your tenno to dash around. Otherwise Necramech Engine efficiency, max engine, slide efficiency and similar help.

If you find just one person who goes to the 2nd node while you work on the first it's a breeze for credit.

I actually played SP Duviri Experience no Decrees for fun about 2 weeks. This though. This mission is just trash.

Am 5.8.2024 um 11:51 schrieb Zakkhar:

You have to know where to go ahead of time.

Killing Orphix is easy part (stationary big target) what may take you most time is finding and destroying the Resonators - (it can be triviliazed with Fluctus that can shot through walls) and to some extent the Sentients that spawn.

Tips

It is soloable to some extent, but your fairly fast doesnt seem to be fast enough. Try Fluctus for Resonators and Arquebex for Orphix and Sentients.

Thanks for the Inputs! In the end, I finished the Mission.

Why I created this thread, was born out of the "struggle" I get on a Rota A (3 Orphix) with a max Necra and Focus school, how any mid-game player; who end their after questing; got any chance to do that without pure frustration or just being Gear checked so Hard they hit out of bound with Volt speed.

Or in Short, this mission has no reason to be that extreme as even the loot table is worse than Eidolon.

It seems the Note got forgotten and i hope to spare some up, as it would be just the worst to have new content Capped behind it, just because DE forgot that hellhole.

And to clarify the killing speed wasn't my failure point (one shot the notes) and Orphix was a 15~20sec kill it was more about traversing the map and not even survival.

Not to forget some really crap spawn point for the Orphix like on top of the Pyramid.

Edited by HackShield

11 minutes ago, HackShield said:

And to clarify the killing speed wasn't my failure point (one shot the notes) and Orphix was a 15~20sec kill it was more about traversing the map and not even survival.

20 seconds is honestly too slow. But yes, map traversal is the other big time sink, you also need to master your boost-slides

On 2024-08-05 at 8:29 AM, Fallopia said:

There is nothing broken. It's meant to be played with team. Not with public one, but with real one team who know what to do.

this is not true no part of Warframe is made to play with ''team'' you know IRL or clan/allaice and so on 

You can play it on public once u have good RJ everything is super easy and more fun. (it takes longer if ppl dont know what to do but any LR can solo it atp (ones that invested at least a bit in RJ)  other ppl are just extra. 

Im not callin you out i just dont want to get ppl confused by your answer. 

I understand that you all try to help with the tips, but the Discussion i try to open is that for 1 Rota , in a Mission with no special attachments you shouldn't need that sort of Gear check and Study Spawn Pattern, moving routes and Animation Cancel "exploits". That are things i fully understand on long rota runs ( starting for the 2nd or 3rd if ppl want to keep that Mission "special") and on Level Cap stuff.

As this Mission achieves that ppl feel unfairly treated by the Extreme Harsh Difficulty from outta nowhere for Nothing (for now).

Imagine we get more stuff in RJ (1999) and maybe even in the veil. Now that Note might now be a Progress Stop till you grind every Aspect out that you ONLY need in that constellation for THIS specific mission + Knowledge you have to inherit, just to beat a 5~6min mission.

That just sounds unnecessary.

59 minutes ago, HackShield said:

with a max Necra

If by max Necra you mean 5 forma one than you should have space to put such mods as:

Necramech Thrusters (+100 engine max), Necramech Enemy Sense and maybe Necramech Hydraulics (+120% jump height).

You need to master Necramech movement and fitting yourself into tight corridors while slide dashinng (tap Shift twice).

With Voidrig you also need good positioning (usually on top of everything) - ability to aim ARQUEBEX (it has arc trajectory), Bonewidow doesnt care, can even be behind Orphix.

Edited by Zakkhar

55 minutes ago, HackShield said:

nope spect out voidrig and i did it in the end, what my discussion about it is about Mid game players. as we Talk about a random mission (non SP) first rotation which i close finished with max Equipment and Focus.

Interesting only time I actually failed that mission is when I used bonewidow. Voidrig was alot easier and managed to finish atleast one round.

17 minutes ago, HackShield said:

As this Mission achieves that ppl feel unfairly treated by the Extreme Harsh Difficulty from outta nowhere for Nothing (for now).

It used to be an event it that granted currency you could buy all your hearts desire Arcanes with. It was left after the Event in this state.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Operation:_Orphix_Venom

It may have been even nerfed.

Edited by Zakkhar

23 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It may have been even nerfed.

It was definitely not nerfed last time I played it

41 minutes ago, HackShield said:

but the Discussion i try to open is that for 1 Rota , in a Mission with no special attachments you shouldn't need that sort of Gear check and Study Spawn Pattern, moving routes and Animation Cancel "exploits".

I get what you are saying, but I have to sort of... "Soft disagree" because of two things

One, it's a level 90 mission at the very end of the map. You are kind of expected to have maxed equipment and a lot of movement practice

Two, I think you are overstating the difficulty. I have never learned the spawn rotation, I just zoom to the nearest Orphix and blast it, and that's usually enough to clear Rotation B. My Necramech is only on 2 forma and not optimized for Sentients damage at all. It's a gear check, yes, it's not THAT bad a gear check

Could the mission be made better? Absolutely. But I don't think it's irredeemable as it is now

This mission was inherited from a past event of the same name. It was actually a horror show. I remember it was one of the worst things I've ever played in my life. Having to juggle warframe, operator and seeing the necramech get stuck in every corner and scrape its head on small doors made me quite disgusted with what they did. Don't expect much from DE.

2024/8/8 AM12点30分 , HackShield 说:

I understand that you all try to help with the tips, but the Discussion i try to open is that for 1 Rota , in a Mission with no special attachments you shouldn't need that sort of Gear check and Study Spawn Pattern, moving routes and Animation Cancel "exploits". That are things i fully understand on long rota runs ( starting for the 2nd or 3rd if ppl want to keep that Mission "special") and on Level Cap stuff.

Imagine we get more stuff in RJ (1999) and maybe even in the veil. Now that Note might now be a Progress Stop till you grind every Aspect out that you ONLY need in that constellation for THIS specific mission + Knowledge you have to inherit, just to beat a 5~6min mission.

That just sounds unnecessary.

I agree.

To formulate it properly, I would say the veil proxima Orphix margin of error is so small that it is not proportional to the rewards it offers. And that difficulty is more about the mission design (systemic problem).

2024/8/8 AM1点16分 , TARINunit9 说:

One, it's a level 90 mission at the very end of the map. You are kind of expected to have maxed equipment and a lot of movement practice

Dear Tenno, there are level 190 missions with SP modifiers which are much more forgiving and enjoyable and rewarding than this.

Fortunately, veil proxima Orphix is in such a remote corner of the game that it has zero impact on our progress. Perhaps it is also the reason why DE is not fixing it because no one cares anyway. There is no special reward. There is no reason to play. An absolute content island. It is just irrelevant.

I think DE knows this. That's why when Reb took over she immediately made Void Cascade which is Orphix 2.0 when you think about it. If we are lucky, maybe, just maybe, we might see some update in RJ Orphix. But at this stage I don't really care anymore.

2小时前 , Vaml77 说:

This mission was inherited from a past event of the same name. It was actually a horror show. I remember it was one of the worst things I've ever played in my life. Having to juggle warframe, operator and seeing the necramech get stuck in every corner and scrape its head on small doors made me quite disgusted with what they did. Don't expect much from DE.

Operation Orphix Venom was a big mistake.

It was introduced together with the first necramech Voidrig. You can either get your first necramech from Deimos Vault, or use those scattered around in the operation.

Here is the catch. The grind of Deimos Vault was horrible. The drop chance was abysmal. You have to rank up the syndicate. Leveling up the Voidrig was a nightmare. And those rent-a-mech and their weapons were unmodded, and were absolutely useless against anything that moves.

Basically, the entire point of the operation was telling you to fxxk off if you didn't have a necramech. Go do the grinding or buy one. Otherwise the only way you can make some progress in the operation was to join pub and pray to orokin that someone brought a fully built Voidrig to carry everyone. It was the biggest gear check in WF history. I think some mad men managed to clear 48 Orphix using just operator and Ivara with Kuva Chakkhurr but those were really outliers.