The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i looking for some very powerfull sniper rifle

i whant a extremly powerfull sniper rifle, for do hunt and do air cover in eidolon, orb vallis e deimos cambion (some time in mission).
i need the name of 2 sniper rifle that do a lot of damage and if is possible with only one type of damage or 90% of it (piecring, slash or impact). i need 3 name , one for every category below:
1° powerfull but with few bullet in the clip
2° category more the 40 bullet in the clip
3° no bullet or battery that autorecarge

actualy i have founded a Vulkar Wraith that for now is a very good weapon, but now i have start to craft, use a sell all wepon thet i found for raise fast my level for unlock every item, and i whant start to farm the part of weapon for start to craft it fast.

for example, i have check a lot of bow, and naturk is very good but i cant mantein charged bullet for a lot of time. for my game style this bow become useless
i have see a daikyu is an atomoc bomb but cant shoot is you not charge.
i have chosed cinta. a good damage and can shot fast is you need

thx to everybody and have a good game

29 minutes ago, brutal_ITA said:

Rubico/Rubico Prime

Komorex, but it is a status weapon so doesnt really work for Eidolons. It also also pretty ammo intensive.

Technically Knell/Knell Prime (it is a pistol with sniper reticule). It is only infinite ammmo on headshots though and Synovia do not count as headshots. 

Other option would be Plinx.

for do hunt and do air cover in eidolon, orb vallis e deimos cambion (some time in mission).

Have in mind any long range normal weapon will do (so no shotguns/launchers), Sniper weapons do not have monopoly on Eidolons or long range.

Edited by Zakkhar

30 minutes ago, brutal_ITA said:

if is possible with only one type of damage or 90% of it (piecring, slash or impact)

Out of curiousity. Why?

31 minutes ago, brutal_ITA said:

use a sell all wepon thet i found for raise fast my level for unlock every item, and i whant start to farm the part of weapon for start to craft it fast.

Just get plat by trading with other players and buy slots. Selling all weapons you have accumulated is not a good strategy.

33 minutes ago, brutal_ITA said:

I mean there's a bunch, but if you're good at headshots, Perigale's a good one. Hits a lot harder than you'd think.

I mean like.

You don't get Snipers with 40 bullets in the magazine. That's not really how it works So either the Zenith (which isn't a Sniper rifle but is a pseudosniper (high damage, high headshot, low fire rate) with 30 rounds in the mag. If you just don't want to reload often, the Vectis is a decent option since you don't descope when you reload and its reload speed is essentially its fire rate. Same for the Prime, though it's vaulted so expect to pay up.

There is no such weapon in the sniper category to my knowledge. Your closest bet is a primary Tombfinger Kitgun which can be given a battery charge through an Arcane.

25 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Rubico/Rubico Prime
rubico is ridiculos weapon do atotal damage of 180 or little bit more, i have crafted , mastere and deleted immediatly !

Komorex, but it is a status weapon so doesnt really work for Eidolons. It also also pretty ammo intensive.
i have tryed this wepon buit i dont know why, in game is very weak weapon but the stat wirted is very good. i cant understand why

Technically Knell/Knell Prime (it is a pistol with sniper reticule). It is only infinite ammmo on headshots though and Synovia do not count as headshots. 

Other option would be Plinx.
knell and plinx i dont know them, i check but if is a pistol  i think that i not use, i have a kitgun pistol that do radial damage and 100% precision and fire a stream of energy, not do a huge damage but do in good area (can hit until 4 enemy of distance if is close to main target. short ranmge but is very effective in closed space

Have in mind any long range normal weapon will do (so no shotguns/launchers), Sniper weapons do not have monopoly on Eidolons or long range.
some name of long range good weapon not sniper?

20 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Out of curiousity. Why?

because of damage reducion of enemy,i have noticed that every time i have a wepon that do 3 type of phisical damage o do less the 50% of my maximum total damage. if i use a weapon that have only 2 type i can do more the 50%  and less then 60/65%of my total damage a lot of time, and if i have only 1 type of damage i do no less the 70% of my total damage (if multy type damage is equal 33% - 33% - 33% circa)
if i have a weapon that do 50% of one type of damage and 25%+25% of other 2 type, 80% of time the 2° and 3° type become zero or close to them (total damage that i do is veryclose to 50% of my maximu  total

25 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

You don't get Snipers with 40 bullets in the magazine. That's not really how it works So either the Zenith (which isn't a Sniper rifle but is a pseudosniper (high damage, high headshot, low fire rate) with 30 rounds in the mag. If you just don't want to reload often, the Vectis is a decent option since you don't descope when you reload and its reload speed is essentially its fire rate. Same for the Prime, though it's vaulted so expect to pay up.

vulkar write is better i have all 2

for the kitgun  you say "There is no such weapon in the sniper category to my knowledge. Your closest bet is a primary Tombfinger Kitgun which can be given a battery charge through an Arcane." i must check it, i must try to undestand what part i must use
thx for suggestion

if sniper not have a lot of weapon, exist one weapon in rifle category with a very long distance and hight damage ? i dont need hight fire rate

try to thik to this, not all player have the same idea of fun and some time some player whant change littlebit something for not be bored by the routine.
not everybody is a maniac athat can repaet the same action for 4 hours :)
have a good game.

• Like 1

Well people used to enjoy vectis/vectis prime, rubico/rubico and lanka! 

And to counter the elemental type ips type weighting you would need riven or specific slash/ impact/puncture mods to boost useful ones chance to apply or if got riven to reduce specific ips so priority goes to ones most uselful in your scenario you choose to use it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brutal_ITA said:

because of damage reducion of enemy,i have noticed that every time i have a wepon that do 3 type of phisical damage o do less the 50% of my maximum total damage. if i use a weapon that have only 2 type i can do more the 50%  and less then 60/65%of my total damage a lot of time, and if i have only 1 type of damage i do no less the 70% of my total damage (if multy type damage is equal 33% - 33% - 33% circa)
if i have a weapon that do 50% of one type of damage and 25%+25% of other 2 type, 80% of time the 2° and 3° type become zero or close to them (total damage that i do is veryclose to 50% of my maximu  total

Your observations are wrong. Amount of damage types doesnt matter. What matter is the type of damage.

If you happen to face the enemy that is weak to pucture, full puncture weapon (provided the same dmg stats) will do more damage than 50 pucture/50 slash. But then again if you see the enemy that is weak to slash the 50/50 weapon will do more. 

But physical damage doesnt matter. You scale your damage with elemental. For example Eidolons are weak to Radiation and Cold and have resistance against Corrosive. So for Eidolons, weapon with 100 puncture, 50 puncture/50 slash, 33/33/33 will do the same damage because they have neither vunlerability nor resistance vs that type.

For scaling purposes and versatility in general weapons with more damage types are much better than weapons with 1 damage type.

rubico is ridiculos weapon do atotal damage of 180 or little bit more, i have crafted , mastere and deleted immediatly !

I do not think you understand how damage works in this game. Damage per shot is just part of equation. What matters as well is rate of fire, crit chance/crit damage, nmagazine size/reload speed, Scope combo scaling (for snipers), scope bonuses, but no weapon will work properly if you do not mod it. 

i have tryed this wepon buit i dont know why, in game is very weak weapon but the stat wirted is very good. i cant understand why

Again. Unmodded weapon will not work. Komorex has 3 firing modes: hipfire, x2 scope and x3,5 scope. Hipfire is pretty similar statwise to x2 scope, except x2 scope gives you 2 meter punch through (penetration) and much better accuracy, fun begins with x3,5 scope which has a radial attack (explosion). that does full viral damage. With very high base status of 35% which can be easily modded to almost 100% it is a guaranteed aoe viral proc (and damage). Also it shoots much faster thhan most snipers.  Due to the fact this weapon is high status it will not work on objects (ships) or bosses (Eidolons) which are immune to status procs. 

knell and plinx i dont know them, i check but if is a pistol  i think that i not use, i have a kitgun pistol that do radial damage and 100% precision and fire a stream of energy, not do a huge damage but do in good area (can hit until 4 enemy of distance if is close to main target. short ranmge but is very effective in closed space

Tombinger and Gaze I guess. Both can do massive damage if you used proper parts to build them and modded them. Both can be modified with Pax Charge to not use ammo, but battery instead.

some name of long range good weapon not sniper?

Pretty much anything that is not a launcher or a shotgun or beam will hit fine in long range as long as it has pinpoinnt accuracy.

eg. Fulmin alternative fire has 300 meter range with 0 fall off (it is a battery weapon with 2 firing modes, so may like it).

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Fulmin

On 2024-08-21 at 3:44 AM, -AncientWarrior- said:

Best Sniper for Eidolons is the Perigale - hands down nothing gets close.

perigale ? is one of most weak sniper rifle in the game. i missi something abouth this weapon ?

Posted (edited)
On 2024-08-21 at 4:00 AM, Zakkhar said:

Your observations are wrong. Amount of damage types doesnt matter. What matter is the type of damage.

If you happen to face the enemy that is weak to pucture, full puncture weapon (provided the same dmg stats) will do more damage than 50 pucture/50 slash. But then again if you see the enemy that is weak to slash the 50/50 weapon will do more. 

But physical damage doesnt matter. You scale your damage with elemental. For example Eidolons are weak to Radiation and Cold and have resistance against Corrosive. So for Eidolons, weapon with 100 puncture, 50 puncture/50 slash, 33/33/33 will do the same damage because they have neither vunlerability nor resistance vs that type.

For scaling purposes and versatility in general weapons with more damage types are much better than weapons with 1 damage type.

i know how to mod weapon but i need a strong basic every mod give bonus from the basic stat :)
sniper rifle is a weapon that must do headshot and 1 shot 1 kill, i dont lloking for a hight fire rate.

i have readed abouth damage reduction or vulnerability, but in game in 6 mounth i have noticed that more type of damage i do (phisical damage) and less damage enemy recive. i dont know if is a bug

Edited by brutal_ITA

On 2024-08-21 at 8:38 AM, brutal_ITA said:

i whant a extremly powerfull sniper rifle, for do hunt and do air cover in eidolon, orb vallis e deimos cambion (some time in mission).
i need the name of 2 sniper rifle that do a lot of damage and if is possible with only one type of damage or 90% of it (piecring, slash or impact). i need 3 name , one for every category below:

actualy i have founded a Vulkar Wraith that for now is a very good weapon, but now i have start to craft, use a sell all wepon thet i found for raise fast my level for unlock every item, and i whant start to farm the part of weapon for start to craft it fast.

for example, i have check a lot of bow, and naturk is very good but i cant mantein charged bullet for a lot of time. for my game style this bow become useless

I can guess what you mean now!

38 minutes ago, brutal_ITA said:

perigale ? is one of most weak sniper rifle in the game. i missi something abouth this weapon ?

It's 4 round burst so it's "actual damage per triggerpull" is actually x4 the listed damage. Gets unlimited ammo for short time after headshot kills. I'm not sure why it's, supposedly so good for Eidolons, like 6 trigger pulls and it's ammo is all gone. Maybe popping multiple nodes with one shot or maybe something to do with it's crit stats? Not sure

Try out Sporothrix with "Volatile Variant" mod, that's my favorite Sniper at this time. If you're having trouble killing things, try asking for mod suggestions or whatever, snipers should have no issues taking out enemies

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily

6 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

It's 4 round burst so it's "actual damage per triggerpull" is actually x4 the listed damage. Gets unlimited ammo for short time after headshot kills. I'm not sure why it's, supposedly so good for Eidolons, like 6 trigger pulls and it's ammo is all gone. Maybe popping multiple nodes with one shot or maybe something to do with it's crit stats? Not sure

My guess is that since its a burst weapon, it gets around damage attenuation. I know it works hella well for Necramechs, likely for a similar reason. I'm guessing it's either ammo pads or something else to mitigate the ammo consumption. Hell, the plains provide directly with the ammo crates.

9 hours ago, brutal_ITA said:

i know how to mod weapon but i need a strong basic every mod give bonus from the basic stat :)

That statement exactly tells me you do not. We do not modifiy the physical damage on the weapons (impact, puncture, slash). It is undesired compared to elements (eg. cold), which multiplies all base damage by itself instead just a portion of it. Even with the recent reworks that actually give the statuses certain effects and with the vulerability faction changes those are still undesired. 

sniper rifle is a weapon that must do headshot and 1 shot 1 kill, i dont lloking for a hight fire rate.

IRL maybe, but this is a game. We fight monsters and bossess here. Neither of which can be 1shotted by a headshot from any existing sniper rifles. Here, sniper rifles difference from eg. bolt action rfiles is range (damage fall off) and a sniper scope that besides zooming in, affects the weapon behaviour in other ways: gives a passive bonus (vulkar has headshot damage multiplier on top of normal headshot damage mulipler, rubico has crit chace) and offers a unique combo mechanics. Every shot hit gives a stack, which at certain tresholds provide an end multiplier to damage (overall dmg, not just actual target). With high fire rate you can ramp up that combo mechanics faster.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sniper_Rifle#Mechanics

i have readed abouth damage reduction or vulnerability, but in game in 6 mounth i have noticed that more type of damage i do (phisical damage) and less damage enemy recive. i dont know if is a bug

It is not a bug. You just do not understand the mechanics and therefore mod your weapos wrong. With wrong assumptions you get get all sorts of conclusions.

Can you list the mods you currently use on Vulkar Wraith?

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2024-08-20 at 7:38 PM, brutal_ITA said:

I do hope Perigale will tickle your fancy. Big sniper rifle that people thought was an archgun, 12 ammo per mag, shoots in bursts, but headshots and headshot kills gives it temporary ammo efficiency (not consuming ammo, and it's refreshable). 
Tis my current favorite when it comes to snipers

On 2024-08-24 at 1:57 PM, Aruquae said:

I do hope Perigale will tickle your fancy. Big sniper rifle that people thought was an archgun, 12 ammo per mag, shoots in bursts, but headshots and headshot kills gives it temporary ammo efficiency (not consuming ammo, and it's refreshable). 
Tis my current favorite when it comes to snipers

i not have a sufficient good reflex and attenction for send all 4 bullet in the same head ;)  for me is mopre easy to do 20k damage on head with 1 single shoot.
actualy m,y vulkar W not have 60 energy and i can't pass 15k of damage

On 2024-08-28 at 7:29 PM, brutal_ITA said:

i not have a sufficient good reflex and attenction for send all 4 bullet in the same head ;)  for me is mopre easy to do 20k damage on head with 1 single shoot.
actualy m,y vulkar W not have 60 energy and i can't pass 15k of damage

Ahhhh my bad, it procs just from a single headshot, which makes the 4 shot burst better. 
Could also do Knell Prime